Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Van Offline
New Trainer

Default Need an awesome team

Alright, heres the story.

A few friends and I have NOTHING to do in school, so we decided to play Pokemon(fire red)! Anyway, we're having battles every few gyms with level caps. The current one is lvl 55 and we cant use any pokemon found on Cinnibar or any legendary birds. My first poke' was charmander, but I didnt EV him, so hes pretty crappy. Whats the best team?
Old 11-18-2009, 02:46 AM
SuperErinMan Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Need an awesome team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
Alright, heres the story.

A few friends and I have NOTHING to do in school, so we decided to play Pokemon(fire red)! Anyway, we're having battles every few gyms with level caps. The current one is lvl 55 and we cant use any pokemon found on Cinnibar or any legendary birds. My first poke' was charmander, but I didnt EV him, so hes pretty crappy. Whats the best team?
odds are, if youre just playing for fun (which is how pokemon was meant to be played, imo :P) then so will your friends. i dont think having a crappily EVd charmander/meleon/izard will make much of a difference, unless you really want to.

if you really want to WOW your friends, go catch a dratini in the safari zone and beat them all with a dragonite :D. also, other effective members you might like are:

Machamp (iffy, but he could work. better in 4th though because of "no guard"+dynamicpunch :D)
Gyarados/Lapras (deadly and bulky, respectively. id say gyara is far superior in 4th gen than 3rd, but its still a very valid choice)
Snorlax (MYURRRRGH ITS BIG AND HUNGRY WHATS NOT TO LIKE)
Gengar (quick and annoying)
Alakazam (deadly fast and strong)
or Kabutops (technically it wasnt found ON cinnibar, it was REVIVED there. you GOT it in mt. moon as a fossil :P)

EVing pokemon can take some time if you do it right, especially a whole team.

otherwise, just go have fun and beat them all down hard!

Platinum FC: 2750 9224 1685
*PA-SHWING*
-SuperErinMan

Im giving up on pe2k. moving on to smogon. maybe back later, not likely.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:58 AM
lu1z Offline

I fyou want to have fun and have some lulz with your friends why not getting a Ditto :D

I mean he can copy the stat changes of the Pokes and can catch your friends off guard (sarcasm).

Also you can get Dratini in the GameCorner and not only in the SafariZone.

Other suggestion i can give you are:

Kanghaskan: Its hard to catch but it has a good movepool and attack, although its better in 4th Gen with Scrappy.
Arcanine: ExtremeSpeed plus FireBlast is deadly in there, at least its what i think.
Dodrio: Fast and furios its the name for this bird.
Muk: Just watch your friends suffer with Minimize and Toxic (use only if you want to be hated)

SoulSilver FC: 4855 9106 7336
SSBB FC: 0560 80166451
PBR FC: 3309 5845 4737
Old 04-10-2010, 05:51 AM
jackwarnel Offline
New Trainer

Hi..
I think Charamander-He may be your best bet. He has exceptionally high Sp. Attack out of all of them,and he uses it good. Even though the first 2 gyms are challenging, don't worry! Charamander has Metal Claw, and you can find other Pokemon that suit really well for either gym anyways.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Dartz Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dartz Send a message via MSN to Dartz Send a message via Yahoo to Dartz

Evolve your charmander to charmeleon or charizard and catch zapdos and articuno.capture a snorlax,Rhyhorn for Rhydon,and the sixth could be anything of your choice but i suggest to have an kadabra for alakazam
Closed Thread