Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:16 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default [WAR XXX-XX-II+.5] Pre-Parody WAR Event: The first-ever Music Competition

This is the Pre-War Music Competition. This will act both as an experimental new section of the War and as a publicity stunt to keep interest going in the War. The objective is to create a cover of a song from Pokemon picked by our contest judges. This means to play the song yourself as best you can, creating a new rendition of an existing song. Parodies and remixes are acceptable as well. If you're bad enough, you might win for sucking.

This competition is only semi-part of the War. Instead of points, you will be able to win notches in the Run Arounds. For those unfamiliar with notches, they are essentially mini-points. After a certain amount of time, the team with the most notches will win a point. For an example, look at the 2008 Run Arounds here.

Judge is: Hi there.

Song for this round: First Season Pokemon Anime Theme

Rules:
- You have two weeks to submit a video or audio file of yourself performing the song in some way.
- You can use whatever instrument you want. Singing is not required.
- At the beginning of each submission the person must say their username on Pe2k, and their team. Not in the title or the name of the file, but actually to be heard before listening to the song.
- If we find you have stolen your rendition from anywhere, your submission will be invalidated and you will be banned from all future War Music events. Navy SEALS will be dispatched to terminate you. Resistance is futile.

Categories:
Best Musically (two notches): Most technically advanced submission and the submission that is the most accurate rendition of the song being played. Also sounds the best overall.
Best Vocal (one notch): Best vocal rendition of the song. You can sing it without background music, or to the instrumental part of the song.
Best Instrumental (one notch): Best song without vocals, purely instrumental.
Best Remix (one notch): Best alternative version of the song.
Funniest Parody: Funniest version of the song, perhaps because of hilarious lyrics. Or maybe it's so bad we think it's funny. Either way, this means even if you're terrible you might still win something.

Yes, it is possible to win in more than one category. Submissions will not fall under a category--I just pick which ones they win in.

Post submissions here under this format:
Your name:
Team:

Credit for the idea goes to Alana Marie.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."

Last edited by Lusankya; 11-20-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:00 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: [WAR XXX-XX-II+.5] Pre-Parody WAR Event: The first-ever Music Competition

Question: Are we required to do the longer version posted above, or will the short version from the show suffice?
Old 11-16-2009, 02:02 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default Re: [WAR XXX-XX-II+.5] Pre-Parody WAR Event: The first-ever Music Competition

Eh, the longer one would probably be more impressive to me, but if you want to do the shortened version, go ahead.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Old 11-16-2009, 04:55 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Can I enter as Team Kenny? XD

Does it have to be the instrumental song?
Old 11-16-2009, 06:39 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

I need to join a team so I can rock this.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Can I enter as Team Kenny? XD

Does it have to be the instrumental song?
Umm... what do you mean by that? ^^; You can play instrumental, vocal, or both. Really, anything coutns, as long as it sounds somewhat like the original.

Art Gallery
Old 11-21-2009, 03:07 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Well, seeing as the number of submissions remains at 0, I'm going to extend the deadline another week... or two...

Art Gallery
Old 11-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Kayla Ann Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kayla Ann Send a message via MSN to Kayla Ann Send a message via Skype™ to Kayla Ann

I will enter sometime this week(:

. tumblr .--------------. factfile - quotes . ---------------. Gallery .
_