Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG

Pokemon Ultra RPG Expand your horizons.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:24 PM
GreenRampage Offline

Send a message via AIM to GreenRampage
Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by URPG Rules 101
You can OHKO for Evolutions, but not for money. That means, unless it's evolutionary you cannot battle someone in a 1v1 more than once, unless both Pokemon are different. BOTH Pokemon.
I've been looking for this rule for a while and just found it and I think it deserves some clarification, specifically the second and third sentences.

Does this mean that if both Pokemon in a 1v1 are basic they have to both have the intention of evolving otherwise they must switch Pokemon for further battles? Because I have seen a lot of members who keep a basic Pokemon for the sole purpose of using it in basic battles. And if the above question is answered yes, it would make all of those battles illegitimate.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:36 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

That should be updated to what Mike posted in this thread.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:48 PM
GreenRampage Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post
That should be updated to what Mike posted in this thread.
Except for that it never really says anything about that issue =o it just says that battles have to be between 2 non-fully evolved Pokemon. Nothing about the intent. And removing that rule allows two people to just spam sending basics that can 2hko one another for money.

EDIT: I was going to save this until someone said something like "Well why not just make it so one Pokemon has to have the plan of evolving"

Then because Geodude is only 5000 and learns explode, as long as someone has a basic that can be 2hko'd by it, which is basically every thing except a ghost type, there is an error in the URPG system. So the Geodude and the basic are sent and each battle ends in a tie. Which gives both players 7500 from all 10 battles. This leaves the Geodude owner with enough money to buy another Geodude with a 2500 profit, which allows them to start the whole process again. This can then be spammed to infinity. Giving the person willing to Geodude a 2500 profit per Geodude, the other person 7500 per Geodude, and the ref 5000 per Geodude. While this may not seem like a lot, this can be done in the span of 10 minutes and can be repeated an infinite amount of times.

Thoughts?

Last edited by GreenRampage; 02-16-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:29 AM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRampage View Post
Except for that it never really says anything about that issue =o it just says that battles have to be between 2 non-fully evolved Pokemon. Nothing about the intent. And removing that rule allows two people to just spam sending basics that can 2hko one another for money.

EDIT: I was going to save this until someone said something like "Well why not just make it so one Pokemon has to have the plan of evolving"

Then because Geodude is only 5000 and learns explode, as long as someone has a basic that can be 2hko'd by it, which is basically every thing except a ghost type, there is an error in the URPG system. So the Geodude and the basic are sent and each battle ends in a tie. Which gives both players 7500 from all 10 battles. This leaves the Geodude owner with enough money to buy another Geodude with a 2500 profit, which allows them to start the whole process again. This can then be spammed to infinity. Giving the person willing to Geodude a 2500 profit per Geodude, the other person 7500 per Geodude, and the ref 5000 per Geodude. While this may not seem like a lot, this can be done in the span of 10 minutes and can be repeated an infinite amount of times.

Thoughts?
I don't think the likeliness of that happening is big, and besides, most refs wouldn't enjoy constantly reffing those, anyway. I already see refs lazy enough to even ref one, so that can't easily be exploited.

But, some people say they want some huge clarification. I believe refs should get paid normally (500 x # of Pokemon), and that EVERY battle that includes a basic Pokemon should have a payment of $0 for each battler.

WAR XI Team: .
Old 02-17-2010, 12:43 AM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Zombie Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Deity View Post
I believe refs should get paid normally (500 x # of Pokemon), and that EVERY battle that includes a basic Pokemon should have a payment of $0 for each battler.
I don't think that's fair for people who don't have AIM, and have to do forum battles, those can take a while, and for them getting absolutly no money because they start out with a basic, or want to evolve one, isn't fair to those who can just go onto AIM and have 3-5 battles per day.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:50 AM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

So just implement that for AIM battles.

WAR XI Team: .
Old 02-17-2010, 12:56 AM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Hi that's abuse and I'll ban you for it Marshy, just like I said on AIM.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:47 AM
Lukemia Offline
New Trainer

when does a pokemon evolve?
Old 02-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukemia View Post
when does a pokemon evolve?
Once it has the certain amount of battles it needs: Check here for that Click

Old 02-17-2010, 09:40 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
I've been looking for this rule for a while and just found it and I think it deserves some clarification, specifically the second and third sentences.

Does this mean that if both Pokemon in a 1v1 are basic they have to both have the intention of evolving otherwise they must switch Pokemon for further battles? Because I have seen a lot of members who keep a basic Pokemon for the sole purpose of using it in basic battles. And if the above question is answered yes, it would make all of those battles illegitimate.
That statement is pretty much saying that you can only have continuous 1v1s under two circumstances:

They are evolution battles.
Both Pokemon are different.

But, as Jr pointed out, no 1v1s that include a fully-evolved mon pay anymore.

And I don't get what your saying about the basics mons. In the example you gave, they were for evolutionary purposes, thus the mons didn't have to be switched :x
Old 02-17-2010, 10:04 PM
GreenRampage Offline

k so the way the rule was worded, to me it sounded like both had to be evolving, but then if only one does, the geodude thing still bypasses that rule. Also, I think banning someone on abuse is basically bullshit, pardon my french, but because there is a flaw that someone can abuse that means you should ban them for finding it?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:43 PM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

Quote:
k so the way the rule was worded, to me it sounded like both had to be evolving, but then if only one does, the geodude thing still bypasses that rule. Also, I think banning someone on abuse is basically bullshit, pardon my french, but because there is a flaw that someone can abuse that means you should ban them for finding it?
There are flaws that you can go and abuse without fearing any repercussions and there are those that should be feared.

Basically, it's like walking a red light. It's not wrong to do so when it's 2 AM and no one's around to be bothered by it. But walking a red light during rush hour in New York is a problem.

Flaws can't be completely fixed by rules without having a few very weird side-rules.

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 02-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Zombie Muse

Quote:
Yea but doing that Geodude thing would take a long time and a lot of effort just to get like 2.5k, so if anyone is going to go to that extreeme instead of just playing by the rules, then maybe they should be banned from the URPG.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:19 AM
GreenRampage Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susaska Vannorost View Post
Yea but doing that Geodude thing would take a long time and a lot of effort just to get like 2.5k, so if anyone is going to go to that extreeme instead of just playing by the rules, then maybe they should be banned from the URPG.
um not really, basic battles, especially 2hkos, usually don't last longer than 15-20 mins. And then all you have to do is wait for a mart approver to approve your purchase, which with the mass number of active ones, isn't that hard.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:59 AM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

And if the mart approvers see you repeatedly buying Geodudes, what can they refuse to do? Oh, that's right, not approve you.

It may not be in the rules that it says 'People may not use Geodudes to repeatedly get a 2.5k profit', but I'm pretty sure it mentions abuse. Using a flaw in the rules to gain an unfair advantage is abuse. It's like how there was no rule about having continuous 1v1s for Pickup to work, but they were found out and told to stop.

Pretty much, abuse comes down to common sense. What would be acceptable, and what wouldn't.

(One final thing: Let me get this straight - you're saying that Geodude would go against, idk, Magikarp or something. Magikarp would use Tackle, Geodude would Defence Curl. Magikarp would Tackle, Geodude would explode, killing everything, right? Iirc, Mike addressed that when the rules were first changed on OHKO and said anything that takes two turns but OHKOs counts as a OHKO battle. So your theory's down the drain)