Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG

Pokemon Ultra RPG Expand your horizons.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: URPG Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
One final thing: Let me get this straight - you're saying that Geodude would go against, idk, Magikarp or something. Magikarp would use Tackle, Geodude would Defence Curl. Magikarp would Tackle, Geodude would explode, killing everything, right? Iirc, Mike addressed that when the rules were first changed on OHKO and said anything that takes two turns but OHKOs counts as a OHKO battle. So your theory's down the drain)
Geodude uses Tackle.
Hits.
Magikarp uses Tackle.
Hits.
Geodude uses Explosion, both KO, gg.

I do agree that your theories are flawed, however Marshy, due to the simple fact that we don't actually seem to have bans against ex post facto. We don't have the rules against abuse all specifically written down because there are so many possible ways to abuse the system. If a mod or official decides something is abuse, then it's abuse, and Crazy has already declared it abuse.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:45 PM
GreenRampage Offline

Send a message via AIM to GreenRampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkUmBrEoN View Post
There are flaws that you can go and abuse without fearing any repercussions and there are those that should be feared.

Basically, it's like walking a red light. It's not wrong to do so when it's 2 AM and no one's around to be bothered by it. But walking a red light during rush hour in New York is a problem.

Flaws can't be completely fixed by rules without having a few very weird side-rules.
I must've missed this sorry ^^;

If I understand what you're saying correctly, this is jaywalking correct? Something that while isn't completely taken seriously as one, is a crime. The difference here is that this breaks no rules set out at any time by any group.

Quote:
I do agree that your theories are flawed, however Marshy, due to the simple fact that we don't actually seem to have bans against ex post facto. We don't have the rules against abuse all specifically written down because there are so many possible ways to abuse the system. If a mod or official decides something is abuse, then it's abuse, and Crazy has already declared it abuse.
So every time a mod thinks something is abuse they are allowed to ban someone for it? So should TO be banned? So if I had started doing this would I have been banned? No such rule exists nor does it make any sense. Why should every single person look through pages and pages of this thread to know that this was banned, or that the pickup thing was banned? Why not just allow them to look at the Rules to know what is and what's not banned? So if a new member comes in and starts doing the Pickup thing, will they be banned? I don't understand the harm in editing the rules when new glitches are found.

I think this is the more effective way of dealing with this type of issue, rather than making it like a verbal rule that only some people know. Because honestly, if it hadn't been in TO's signature, how many people would have known the Pickup thing was banned?

The problem here is there is a sacredness of the rules staying untouched for some reason, when honestly, they need to be edited when we find new things for the members to abuse.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRampage View Post
So every time a mod thinks something is abuse they are allowed to ban someone for it? So should TO be banned? So if I had started doing this would I have been banned? No such rule exists nor does it make any sense. Why should every single person look through pages and pages of this thread to know that this was banned, or that the pickup thing was banned? Why not just allow them to look at the Rules to know what is and what's not banned? So if a new member comes in and starts doing the Pickup thing, will they be banned? I don't understand the harm in editing the rules when new glitches are found.
A new member would be warned first because they possibly don't realize it's wrong, while an older member surely does.

Quote:
I think this is the more effective way of dealing with this type of issue, rather than making it like a verbal rule that only some people know. Because honestly, if it hadn't been in TO's signature, how many people would have known the Pickup thing was banned?
It should be common sense that to just send a mon in to a 1 v 1 battle over and over just for pick up is wrong. But again, he was warned, not banned.

Quote:
The problem here is there is a sacredness of the rules staying untouched for some reason, when honestly, they need to be edited when we find new things for the members to abuse.
No, there is no need to put something completely abstract into the rules when the chances of it happening are so slim. If something like this does occur, then it would be handled accordingly.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:09 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Oh and, if anyone of do start abusing this you will be banned.

Consider this everyone's warning. :3
Old 02-18-2010, 11:21 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Ok there's too much to read, so I'll just ask. What are you guys arguing about?

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 02-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEvilDookie View Post
Ok there's too much to read, so I'll just ask. What are you guys arguing about?
exploding geodudes getting tons of ca$h money and creating an infinite paradoxical loop in the urpg space time continuum
Old 02-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Fenix Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Fenix

Besides, if you actually thought this was a legitimate and okay way to make money, would you really have posted asking about it?

A lot of the time, if you feel like you're doing something wrong, you probably are.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:48 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychedelic Shroomish View Post
exploding geodudes getting tons of ca$h money and creating an infinite paradoxical loop in the urpg space time continuum
Why would people buy Geodude in the first place?

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 02-20-2010, 08:30 AM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEvilDookie View Post
Why would people buy Geodude in the first place?
As a way of making money. Geodude can use Explosion, for a draw. 10 battles, and you've claimed 7.5k under 'evolution battles'. Geodude only cost 5k in the mart. 2.5k profit. Repeat.

Simply put, Marshy, if it's abusing the system, it's against the rules. That covers EVERYTHING. Not just pickup. Not just 2HKO 'evo battles'. If someone does something that is considered abuse, such as TO did, then they'll be told to stop, such as he was. Had he continued to do it regardless, he'd have been banned.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:56 AM
F.D. Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to F.D.

Quote:
Because honestly, if it hadn't been in TO's signature, how many people would have known the Pickup thing was banned?
What about it is banned?

~ Nick .
Old 02-20-2010, 10:13 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.D. View Post

What about it is banned?

~ Nick .
making 1v1 battles for the sole purpose of trying to make Pickup work.

Besides the abuse of the system- which is way more loopholed than it may seem- who would want 10+ Golem in their stats?

Roar says hello!

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:18 AM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster

Wait, hang on a sec, Pick-up actually works in the URPG? like u get free items?

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Old 02-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
making 1v1 battles for the sole purpose of trying to make Pickup work.

Besides the abuse of the system- which is way more loopholed than it may seem- who would want 10+ Golem in their stats?

Roar says hello!
true, but they could just have a seperate thread for all the golems or they could give them away at gift stations

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 02-20-2010, 11:16 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayotui View Post
true, but they could just have a seperate thread for all the golems or they could give them away at gift stations
They still count towards your total team count. If you purposefully leave them out, you're twice as faulty.

And there's what, a gift station every 3 months? You'll still be stuck with a lot of Golem until the station opens. And since most stations have had a limit on the number of gifts you can give, most of those Golems will still be with you.

Last note: don't forget that the receiver has the right to refuse a gift, for rude it may be, and the station workers may put your gift on hold if they deem it illegal.

@Pokemaster: Yes, pickup works. Check the refpedia for indepth explanation of how it does.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish

Geodude is too strong for the URPG. We must eliminate it.

Look at those bulging biceps and terrific triceps.