Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:23 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default The 50K Challenge

The 50K Challenge
--==--==--==--

Do you like to write stories? No?! Are you having a hard time finding a Ref and need some money? That's what I thought.

-->November is National Writing month, where the goal is to write at least 50,000 words toward a novel. For many aspiring authors needing motivation, this is a great challenge to encourage them to actually sit down and write.

Goal: Write any combination of stories (complete or not) that totals =or> 50k in characters. This does not include spaces.

Tip: Do a little each day. Procrastinate, and you may not finish in time.

Time: November 1st to November 30th

Prize: $25,000 !!!

Qualify: Link your stories here and we will verify. They do not require a complete grade.

Any questions and comments may go here. Good luck with this challenge; now get to work. Will your name be immortalized below?

--==--==--==--

Challenge Winners:

Smiles
CrazylilChicken

PE2K | BMG | PW

-| Links |-

Last edited by Jack of Clovers; 12-03-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:37 AM
Felly Offline

Send a message via AIM to Felly Send a message via MSN to Felly Send a message via Yahoo to Felly Send a message via Skype™ to Felly
Default Re: The 50K Challenge

It's actually 50,000 words since I'm participating in NaNoWriMo, but this sounds fun too! (: I have a fair few Pokemon I want to write for in the URPG, & this may be the motivation I need to write for them.

Would stories that were posted before this was count? I have this one that was posted today (November 1st), but it was posted before this thread was, so I just wanted to see if it would count. If it doesn't, no big deal. I have a couple other stories I wanted to write too~

URPG Grader
URPG Stats || Grader Log
Old 11-02-2012, 03:41 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Words, characters. You know what I meant! Your story is fine, Felly. Only 45k more to go!

-| Links |-
Old 11-02-2012, 05:21 AM
Not Safe For Adults Offline

Oh no, I'm already forced into doing Nano for my creative writing class but... I will try to participate in this too. Great idea Jack.

Actually now that I think about it, I'm more likely to complete this than Nano.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Felly Offline

Send a message via AIM to Felly Send a message via MSN to Felly Send a message via Yahoo to Felly Send a message via Skype™ to Felly

Throwing this in there too. I originally posted it on PWN, but since we started keeping track of my stuff on here, I'm going to link to it here. .-.

This is the story.

(It has yet to be graded, so perhaps you graders could go grade it and get some wages?! ;) Just a thought there~ But of course, I just posted it today, so I'll understand if it doesn't get graded right off the bat. xD)

URPG Grader
URPG Stats || Grader Log
Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Well, well, well. It appears we have a winner. No, let me count that again. We have two winners. Smiles and CrazylilChicken have completed the challenge. A special congrats to the both of you! And of course, here's that 25K!

As for everyone else, at the very least, I do hope this motivated some of you to get back to writing. Remember, we have the winter competition coming soon. And not to leave everyone empty handed, here's some compensation money for any effort shown:

Felly- $8,000
VeloJello- $5,000
Airik- $1,500
bestyx- $1,500

Thanks for participating and keep on writing!

-| Links |-