Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #166  
Old 03-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Stinky's Avatar
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,794
Send a message via AIM to Stinky
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Hey, while we're at it, let's move Lotad and Zubat up a level. Since Ludicolo and Crobat are also decent Pokemon.

imo, we should leave Magikarp where it is. :|
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 03-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Haze's Avatar
Haze Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,895
Send a message via AIM to Haze
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock64 View Post
I understand why Magikarp is Easiest, but the fact still remains that people pass with half-assed stories and get an extremely beast Pokemon in Gyrados. Khajmer and I saw a specific story (who's author shall not be named here) that was horribly bad. Khajmer failed the Magikarp, and you (Galleon) overturned him because "it's a freaking Magikarp". No. It's a freaking Gyrados.

At LEAST move Karp up one level.
Stop whining, it's not your decision. The Head Grader already posted saying no, so it's been decided. Anyway it's based on difficulty to get in game, not on power. Castform is Complex, but it's terrible in battle. Also, I don't see you complaining about Larvitar, Bagon, Chimchar, and Togepi being in the mart. That's even easier to get than writing an easy story.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
Yeah, but if you switched places with Scarlett Johanssen, and then felt her up, wouldn't you just be playing with yourself?
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 03-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock64 View Post
I understand why Magikarp is Easiest, but the fact still remains that people pass with half-assed stories and get an extremely beast Pokemon in Gyrados. Khajmer and I saw a specific story (who's author shall not be named here) that was horribly bad. Khajmer failed the Magikarp, and you (Galleon) overturned him because "it's a freaking Magikarp". No. It's a freaking Gyrados.

At LEAST move Karp up one level.
I agree. The other Easy Pokemon pale in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon
This argument has been made before. But we didn't change it, because in all honesty, FREAKING NO ONE WANTS IT CHANGED.
And why would this be? Because they find it fair, or because they get an epic Pokemon with a small effort story and seven battles?

EDIT: Didn't see Haze's post. :X
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 03-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Shana2488's Avatar
Shana2488 Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johto
Posts: 236
Send a message via AIM to Shana2488 Send a message via MSN to Shana2488 Send a message via Yahoo to Shana2488
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Um, there is one small problem with your argument here: not everyone wants a Gyarados. In fact, I've seen quite a few of the "elite" trainers on the URPG with no Gyarados. Take the time to consider why that is. I'm pretty sure it's not because they're not capable, but it would have to be like a fad of some sort going around for everyone and their dog to want a Gyarados. Many new trainers only aim for Magikarp because they can get away with putting in very little effort towards their stories or, as I've seen every once in a while, want to get a feel for what the graders judge on, how they judge, and get some story experience.

It's not really about the Gyarados, it's about getting a Pokemon without buying one at the Mart because, let's face it, a lot of good and fashionable Mons in the Mart cost more than $5K. New trainers need to win to get money and they can't win a lot with only a basic starter (well, some can). Sooo, they aim for a 'Mon to write for and get a feel for URPG stories in order to write more stories to get better 'Mon. I don't see a lot of trainers with Gyarados. >/

Magikarp should stay as is, I think, for this very reason.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 03-03-2010, 04:06 AM
Ataro's Avatar
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Location
Posts: 20,271
Send a message via AIM to Ataro
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock64 View Post
I understand why Magikarp is Easiest, but the fact still remains that people pass with half-assed stories and get an extremely beast Pokemon in Gyrados. Khajmer and I saw a specific story (who's author shall not be named here) that was horribly bad. Khajmer failed the Magikarp, and you (Galleon) overturned him because "it's a freaking Magikarp". No. It's a freaking Gyrados.

At LEAST move Karp up one level.
That story is fine actually. Many times, I see people marking down Magikarp stories because it is a cliche and simple plot and no description. But in the first place, easy-categoried stories are meant to have a simple plot (though, you can still advise them to build up on it more), and simple to none description. Yeah you can advise them what to improve on, but that doesn't warrant a fail as long as you can see a decent amount of effort put in.

In fact, I've seen a Magikarp story that was written in one simply huge paragraph (the story had no paragraphing at all). Judging from the effort put in which was almost none, I failed him. Then a couple of months later, he wrote almost the same thing and the grader passed him. Yeah I wasn't too happy, but what can I do? D:
__________________
urpg stats . the ultra dex .
avatar image courtesy of emma-kins .
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 03-03-2010, 04:27 AM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
That story is fine actually. Many times, I see people marking down Magikarp stories because it is a cliche and simple plot and no description. But in the first place, easy-categoried stories are meant to have a simple plot (though, you can still advise them to build up on it more), and simple to none description. Yeah you can advise them what to improve on, but that doesn't warrant a fail as long as you can see a decent amount of effort put in.

In fact, I've seen a Magikarp story that was written in one simply huge paragraph (the story had no paragraphing at all). Judging from the effort put in which was almost none, I failed him. Then a couple of months later, he wrote almost the same thing and the grader passed him. Yeah I wasn't too happy, but what can I do? D:
The grade was not just because the story was bad, it was because I knew for a fact that he was beyond that from reading his previous stories. The reason I dislike the Easiest catergory altogether is because it gives people an excuse to write crap that's far beneath even the likes of Luke. Now, had it been his first story I would have passed it in a heartbeat, but I actually hate the Easiest catergory altogether, because it gives people an excuse to do far less than they're capable of.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 03-03-2010, 04:47 AM
Zombie Muse's Avatar
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: braaaaiiinnns....
Posts: 1,343
Send a message via AIM to Zombie Muse
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

I say we stop arguing because Mr. Head-Honcho has already answered this and said no. (but that's just my opinion; you know, how we should listen and not argue with the mods and people in charge because they're in charge for a reason :/ )
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 03-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susaska Vannorost View Post
I say we stop arguing because Mr. Head-Honcho has already answered this and said no. (but that's just my opinion; you know, how we should listen and not argue with the mods and people in charge because they're in charge for a reason :/ )
Oh, to be perfectly clear I am respecting the boss man's decision, I just feel that my opinion on the subject needs to be made clear.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 03-03-2010, 04:58 PM
HKim's Avatar
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,075
Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susaska Vannorost View Post
you know, how we should listen and not argue with the mods and people in charge because they're in charge for a reason :/

And trust me, us mods and officials argue all the time with each other anyway. Tons of fun, very bloody and ends up being a mess to clean up.

Still, we do appreciate suggestions and concerns. There are some ideas that we might not have thought of and some we may wish to consider.

The URPG is more than a decade old now. The leaders who origionally crafted the basic system have long since moved on. In the same way, the URPG must honor the past but also look to the future.
__________________
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 03-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Mitsuzo-kun's Avatar
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Posts: 5,228
Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
The reason I dislike the Easiest catergory altogether is because it gives people an excuse to write crap that's far beneath even the likes of Luke.
That was actually kinda harsh. Fair enough if you wanna make a point but don't be a jerk about it, man. :(
__________________
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 03-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuzo-kun View Post
That was actually kinda harsh. Fair enough if you wanna make a point but don't be a jerk about it, man. :(
I'm not being a jerk, I'm stating the truth. If anyone is offended that's their perogative, I'm only interested in stating my mind.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 03-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Haze's Avatar
Haze Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,895
Send a message via AIM to Haze
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
I'm not being a jerk, I'm stating the truth. If anyone is offended that's their perogative, I'm only interested in stating my mind.
You don't need to take shots at people to get your point across though, seriously, that was just uncalled for.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
Yeah, but if you switched places with Scarlett Johanssen, and then felt her up, wouldn't you just be playing with yourself?
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 03-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
You don't need to take shots at people to get your point across though, seriously, that was just uncalled for.
All right, my apologies to Luke. I was merely using him as a point of reference but I see your point there.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 03-03-2010, 08:34 PM
luke39's Avatar
luke39 Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 569
Send a message via AIM to luke39
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Just seeing if anyone could grade my first Medium category story. http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=104552 It is one of those stories that I will continue on after graded. I'm trying to improve at stories and writing.
__________________
Stats

Mighteyena
Obtained:294
Hatch @ 309
Evolve @ 348
Lv 100 @ 594
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 03-06-2010, 10:02 AM
The pokemaster's Avatar
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hiding from everything
Posts: 1,133
Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Just letting you guys know that my first story is up and ready for grading right here

please check it out, and thanks
__________________

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com