Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Hey, while we're at it, let's move Lotad and Zubat up a level. Since Ludicolo and Crobat are also decent Pokemon.

imo, we should leave Magikarp where it is. :|
Old 03-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock64 View Post
I understand why Magikarp is Easiest, but the fact still remains that people pass with half-assed stories and get an extremely beast Pokemon in Gyrados. Khajmer and I saw a specific story (who's author shall not be named here) that was horribly bad. Khajmer failed the Magikarp, and you (Galleon) overturned him because "it's a freaking Magikarp". No. It's a freaking Gyrados.

At LEAST move Karp up one level.
Stop whining, it's not your decision. The Head Grader already posted saying no, so it's been decided. Anyway it's based on difficulty to get in game, not on power. Castform is Complex, but it's terrible in battle. Also, I don't see you complaining about Larvitar, Bagon, Chimchar, and Togepi being in the mart. That's even easier to get than writing an easy story.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
I understand why Magikarp is Easiest, but the fact still remains that people pass with half-assed stories and get an extremely beast Pokemon in Gyrados. Khajmer and I saw a specific story (who's author shall not be named here) that was horribly bad. Khajmer failed the Magikarp, and you (Galleon) overturned him because "it's a freaking Magikarp". No. It's a freaking Gyrados.

I agree. The other Easy Pokemon pale in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon
This argument has been made before. But we didn't change it, because in all honesty, FREAKING NO ONE WANTS IT CHANGED.
And why would this be? Because they find it fair, or because they get an epic Pokemon with a small effort story and seven battles?

EDIT: Didn't see Haze's post. :X
Old 03-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Shana2488 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Shana2488 Send a message via MSN to Shana2488 Send a message via Yahoo to Shana2488

Um, there is one small problem with your argument here: not everyone wants a Gyarados. In fact, I've seen quite a few of the "elite" trainers on the URPG with no Gyarados. Take the time to consider why that is. I'm pretty sure it's not because they're not capable, but it would have to be like a fad of some sort going around for everyone and their dog to want a Gyarados. Many new trainers only aim for Magikarp because they can get away with putting in very little effort towards their stories or, as I've seen every once in a while, want to get a feel for what the graders judge on, how they judge, and get some story experience.

It's not really about the Gyarados, it's about getting a Pokemon without buying one at the Mart because, let's face it, a lot of good and fashionable Mons in the Mart cost more than $5K. New trainers need to win to get money and they can't win a lot with only a basic starter (well, some can). Sooo, they aim for a 'Mon to write for and get a feel for URPG stories in order to write more stories to get better 'Mon. I don't see a lot of trainers with Gyarados. >/

Magikarp should stay as is, I think, for this very reason.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:06 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Quote:

That story is fine actually. Many times, I see people marking down Magikarp stories because it is a cliche and simple plot and no description. But in the first place, easy-categoried stories are meant to have a simple plot (though, you can still advise them to build up on it more), and simple to none description. Yeah you can advise them what to improve on, but that doesn't warrant a fail as long as you can see a decent amount of effort put in.

In fact, I've seen a Magikarp story that was written in one simply huge paragraph (the story had no paragraphing at all). Judging from the effort put in which was almost none, I failed him. Then a couple of months later, he wrote almost the same thing and the grader passed him. Yeah I wasn't too happy, but what can I do? D:
Old 03-03-2010, 04:27 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
That story is fine actually. Many times, I see people marking down Magikarp stories because it is a cliche and simple plot and no description. But in the first place, easy-categoried stories are meant to have a simple plot (though, you can still advise them to build up on it more), and simple to none description. Yeah you can advise them what to improve on, but that doesn't warrant a fail as long as you can see a decent amount of effort put in.

In fact, I've seen a Magikarp story that was written in one simply huge paragraph (the story had no paragraphing at all). Judging from the effort put in which was almost none, I failed him. Then a couple of months later, he wrote almost the same thing and the grader passed him. Yeah I wasn't too happy, but what can I do? D:
The grade was not just because the story was bad, it was because I knew for a fact that he was beyond that from reading his previous stories. The reason I dislike the Easiest catergory altogether is because it gives people an excuse to write crap that's far beneath even the likes of Luke. Now, had it been his first story I would have passed it in a heartbeat, but I actually hate the Easiest catergory altogether, because it gives people an excuse to do far less than they're capable of.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:47 AM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Zombie Muse

I say we stop arguing because Mr. Head-Honcho has already answered this and said no. (but that's just my opinion; you know, how we should listen and not argue with the mods and people in charge because they're in charge for a reason :/ )
Old 03-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susaska Vannorost View Post
I say we stop arguing because Mr. Head-Honcho has already answered this and said no. (but that's just my opinion; you know, how we should listen and not argue with the mods and people in charge because they're in charge for a reason :/ )
Oh, to be perfectly clear I am respecting the boss man's decision, I just feel that my opinion on the subject needs to be made clear.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:58 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susaska Vannorost View Post
you know, how we should listen and not argue with the mods and people in charge because they're in charge for a reason :/

And trust me, us mods and officials argue all the time with each other anyway. Tons of fun, very bloody and ends up being a mess to clean up.

Still, we do appreciate suggestions and concerns. There are some ideas that we might not have thought of and some we may wish to consider.

The URPG is more than a decade old now. The leaders who origionally crafted the basic system have long since moved on. In the same way, the URPG must honor the past but also look to the future.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
The reason I dislike the Easiest catergory altogether is because it gives people an excuse to write crap that's far beneath even the likes of Luke.
That was actually kinda harsh. Fair enough if you wanna make a point but don't be a jerk about it, man. :(
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 03-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuzo-kun View Post
That was actually kinda harsh. Fair enough if you wanna make a point but don't be a jerk about it, man. :(
I'm not being a jerk, I'm stating the truth. If anyone is offended that's their perogative, I'm only interested in stating my mind.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
I'm not being a jerk, I'm stating the truth. If anyone is offended that's their perogative, I'm only interested in stating my mind.
You don't need to take shots at people to get your point across though, seriously, that was just uncalled for.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
You don't need to take shots at people to get your point across though, seriously, that was just uncalled for.
All right, my apologies to Luke. I was merely using him as a point of reference but I see your point there.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:34 PM
luke39 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to luke39

Just seeing if anyone could grade my first Medium category story. http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=104552 It is one of those stories that I will continue on after graded. I'm trying to improve at stories and writing.

Mighteyena
Obtained:294
Hatch @ 309
Evolve @ 348
Lv 100 @ 594
Old 03-06-2010, 10:02 AM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster

Just letting you guys know that my first story is up and ready for grading right here

please check it out, and thanks

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf