Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Sheepat Offline

Default Re: What do you think is wrong with "New" Pokemon

No, I'm pretty young, and I hate ol' Ashy. He stinks.... like ash... and fire.... and stupid stuff.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmon95 View Post
Maybe you guys are just growing out of pokemon. Remember that its a children's show.

Nah, I never have grown out of Pokemon. I have taken breaks from it. However, I have all the first 5 seasons and all the Pokemon GBA and DS games that are out. I am not growing out of Pokemon. Pokemon is just going down hill. They are going to burn out like Esemble Studios did with Halo Wars. Just hope they turn around, or else they aren't going to go out with a bang! They are gonna go out with a flop!
Old 12-23-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riolu42 View Post
No, I'm pretty young, and I hate ol' Ashy. He stinks.... like ash... and fire.... and stupid stuff.
The fact that you are young is strange. If you think that old Pokemon is stinky, name the reasons why. You can't argue like a smart person by just saying it deserves the flames of eternal banishment. You have to state the reasons why. You can't just say, "Ash stinks like ash and stupid stuff." You have to say why. When you go into college (which I am NOT in. My high school teachers do teach this) you should take logic. It isn't because you are stupid. It is because you can't argue well apparently.

P.S. I will tell you who is against God. The devil... please forgive me for saying that stinky guy who smells like ash ;).
Old 12-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Eun Min Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmon95 View Post
Maybe you guys are just growing out of pokemon. Remember that its a children's show.
No, I'm not! I'm still playling the pokemon games (Diamond, Sapphire, and FireRed). And I still love watching the pokemon movies, up to Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of The Sea. Though I only watch Pokemon The Rise of Darkrai for the golden, elegant part of the movie. I still like the anime series up to the Hoenn saga, and that's it.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafiaGlacia View Post
No, I'm not! I'm still playling the pokemon games (Diamond, Sapphire, and FireRed). And I still love watching the pokemon movies, up to Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of The Sea. Though I only watch Pokemon The Rise of Darkrai for the golden, elegant part of the movie. I still like the anime series up to the Hoenn saga, and that's it.
Ah, a fellow old timer! Good to see someone with sense!
Old 12-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Because I could actually go on for eons about the troubles of the Pokémon animé, I`ll keep it short and sweet.

Just about everything, from characters to plot to villans. I mean, I could list a few examples, but most of my main points have already been mentioned.

I stopped watching the show after the voices changed, because I couldn`t get used to the new ones, but Battle Frontier was one large mess, even if the basic idea was decent.

They didn`t completely fail when reaching Hoenn, although getting rid of Misty was stupid (to say the least). They had real villians and a new way to train Pokémon (contests), it was still bearable.

Now, it`s not. And Dawn isn`t the only problem...

Mew, Meow, Nya

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 12-24-2009, 08:53 PM
gemini spark Offline
Amateur Trainer

point 2 opening
the both japanese and english
gen 1-2 awsome
gen 3-4 its like the acters has turnes into kids in japanese
but frontier still the best
Old 12-25-2009, 03:46 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

The Pokemon anime is targeted towards young kids(like 5 year olds) so their not gonna change the plot or anything like that through the generations. Everyone is tired of seeing Team Rocket getting blown up into the sky I'm sure, but what little kid dosn't like seeing that? My point is that the anime is not gonna change so why is everyone just gonna complain on a thread? If you don't like the anime, don't watch it. It's as simple as that.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Eun Min Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Ron View Post
The Pokemon anime is targeted towards young kids(like 5 year olds) so their not gonna change the plot or anything like that through the generations. Everyone is tired of seeing Team Rocket getting blown up into the sky I'm sure, but what little kid dosn't like seeing that? My point is that the anime is not gonna change so why is everyone just gonna complain on a thread? If you don't like the anime, don't watch it. It's as simple as that.
Hm... Maybe it's that in general, huh? Though there are some kids who agree that the old series are better when they've seen it, and some who says the Kanto region stuff is numba 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Ron View Post
If you don't like the anime, don't watch it. It's as simple as that.
Exactly! That's why I don't watch it anymore. =P
Old 12-25-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit Dreams View Post
Because I could actually go on for eons about the troubles of the Pokémon animé, I`ll keep it short and sweet.

Just about everything, from characters to plot to villans. I mean, I could list a few examples, but most of my main points have already been mentioned.

I stopped watching the show after the voices changed, because I couldn`t get used to the new ones, but Battle Frontier was one large mess, even if the basic idea was decent.

They didn`t completely fail when reaching Hoenn, although getting rid of Misty was stupid (to say the least). They had real villians and a new way to train Pokémon (contests), it was still bearable.

Now, it`s not. And Dawn isn`t the only problem...

Mew, Meow, Nya
This statement almost nails the problem. However, I have to admit that Dawn isn't the only problem. May was pretty much an epic fail too. She was one whiny little twit in the beginning and she has not changed. The little brother... what is his name? Max Annoyance should be his name. He was SUPPOSED to fill the missing gap made by Misty leaving. I do agree with every statement except with Hoenn not being the udder downfall. Face it people. That is WHEN the DOWN fall started to happen.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:04 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Dawn's skirt is certainly short to say the least! Anymore shorter and it won't be G rated anymore.

I've never liked the new voices on Pokemon. Probably why I stopped watching. I miss the old voice to Ash & company.

The plots of Team Rocket are so predictable:
Catch Pikachu, fail
Focus on new Pokemon to catch, fail
Focus to catch Pikachu/ new Pokemon, fail
Get blasted off, again
New motto, about as bad as the old motto of TR.
Have wild fantasies of Giovanni pleased as punch that they caught his 'dream Pokemon.' BTW, I heard rumors that the original voice of Giovanni passed away over 3 years ago, why are they still using Giovanni then?

There's no 'encounter' with Pokemon, they belong to other trainers or other people.

Too much 'fill ins', as in Dawn in a contest in a town that is unheard of/not in the game, not enough focus on the game itself at times.

It seems they drag down the game version with 'long journeys' to get to the gym. THen sometimes it's too obvious as Ash wins and it seems he wins easy. There's not enough drama or rallying.

Not sure what role Zoey (Dawn's rival) and Barry (JA name Jun) have.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Rawr Offline
Master Trainer

I thought the first Kanto series was absolutely brilliant. The Orange Islands were done pretty well too. Johto dipped slightly for me but Misty's departure was done in the most spectacular way, sending off a character that great.

Hoenn wasn't too bad... The second Kanto series rose slightly for me, and Sinnoh.... is just appalling. May returned waaaay too early. And Dustox stole the epic Butterfree storyline.

What I did like though, was the spin-off Pokemon Chronicles, which showed Characters which were no longer in the main series, eg. Misty, Richie etc.

I'd like to see a second series of Pokemon Chronicles and for the main series to be sorted out.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:45 AM
iSugar Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to iSugar

I can list heaps of bad things about Pokemon nowdays, but i'll keep it to the top 3.

1 - DAWN. Oh, gawd, the miniskirt is UGLY. Her entire character is ugly, if i do say so myself. No offense, but she's VERY shallow.
2 - Misty leaving. She was like, one of the best characters ever. And now she's gone, replaced by a blue-haired-copycat.
3 - The magic is gone. Like others have said, it's the same routine every single episode. You could miss an episode of Johto and not known what was going on. Now, you can miss, like, 33 and know what's happened. =/

No offense intended to anyone.

Mast. @ 313 l VPP l URPG
l iSugar x Frostbitten l
Old 12-28-2009, 04:50 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
This statement almost nails the problem. However, I have to admit that Dawn isn't the only problem. May was pretty much an epic fail too. She was one whiny little twit in the beginning and she has not changed. The little brother... what is his name? Max Annoyance should be his name. He was SUPPOSED to fill the missing gap made by Misty leaving. I do agree with every statement except with Hoenn not being the udder downfall. Face it people. That is WHEN the DOWN fall started to happen.
I always thought the series was dying near the end of Johto. At about Master Quest, the series got partially boring. May and Dawn emphasize mostly how the series seems to be climbing to a point where what is TV-Y7 now really seems to be TV-PG S in the past. The fact that both are wearing sex appeal outfits emphasizes how much the barrier of inappropriate for children and perfectly appropriate for children has diminished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
Dawn's skirt is certainly short to say the least!
Anymore shorter and it won't be G rated anymore.
Emphasizes previous point.
I've never liked the new voices on Pokemon. Probably why I stopped watching. I miss the old voice to Ash & company.

The plots of Team Rocket are so predictable:
Catch Pikachu, fail
Focus on new Pokemon to catch, fail
Focus to catch Pikachu/ new Pokemon, fail
Get blasted off, again
New motto, about as bad as the old motto of TR.
Have wild fantasies of Giovanni pleased as punch that they caught his 'dream Pokemon.' BTW, I heard rumors that the original voice of Giovanni passed away over 3 years ago, why are they still using Giovanni then?

There's no 'encounter' with Pokemon, they belong to other trainers or other people.
Forgot Gligar and Starly? They are Ash's originally caught pokemon. Then don't forget Jessie's Yanma (now Yanmega) and Brock's Happiny (from egg).
Too much 'fill ins', as in Dawn in a contest in a town that is unheard of/not in the game, not enough focus on the game itself at times.

It seems they drag down the game version with 'long journeys' to get to the gym. Then sometimes it's too obvious as Ash wins and it seems he wins easy. There's not enough drama or rallying.

Not sure what role Zoey (Dawn's rival) and Barry (JA name Jun) have.
Barry functions as the in game rival Pearl. Not sure about Zoey and Paul's counterparts though.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:33 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSugar View Post
I can list heaps of bad things about Pokemon nowdays, but i'll keep it to the top 3.

1 - DAWN. Oh, gawd, the miniskirt is UGLY. Her entire character is ugly, if i do say so myself. No offense, but she's VERY shallow.
2 - Misty leaving. She was like, one of the best characters ever. And now she's gone, replaced by a blue-haired-copycat.
3 - The magic is gone. Like others have said, it's the same routine every single episode. You could miss an episode of Johto and not known what was going on. Now, you can miss, like, 33 and know what's happened. =/

No offense intended to anyone.
LoL, I adore that comment! I think that sums up my opinions on Dawn, espaically the skirt part. What parent lets their 10 year old out the door with that on!? Not the best of replacement choices... which I find is a large reason why Sinnoh is going so badly.

@arcemegus: May`s look is actually fine to me. She`s wearing shorts cut at a decent length, her top covers everything and her bandana is pretty cool. Dawn, well.. I totally agree with you there ^^`

*No offense to anyone. These are just my opinions on the matter(s), feel free to disagree*

Mew, Meow, Nya

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Closed Thread