Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 12-28-2009, 07:27 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: What do you think is wrong with "New" Pokemon

I am going to be fairly honest with you people. The only reason I don't like May is because she tried to fill the slot of Misty. Horrible idea, she is too sissy and girly. Just like Dawn she is not worthy of Pokemon Mania.

However, in my Pokemon fan fic I will bring May back as several cameo appearances. Will see how she'll like it -_^
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
  #32  
Old 12-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: What do you think is wrong with "New" Pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit Dreams View Post
@arcemegus: May`s look is actually fine to me. She`s wearing shorts cut at a decent length, her top covers everything and her bandana is pretty cool. Dawn, well.. I totally agree with you there ^^`

*No offense to anyone. These are just my opinions on the matter(s), feel free to disagree*

Mew, Meow, Nya
So many people agree on the Dawn portion. :)

^ holy s***

May on the other hand:

Can you say short shorts? There is a good reason why the anime tries not to give you too much of the rear view.
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post

Last edited by Judgmental Arceus; 12-29-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Post 9/11 O_O
  #33  
Old 12-29-2009, 04:16 PM
gemini spark's Avatar
gemini spark Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 87
Default Re: What do you think is wrong with "New" Pokemon

the out fit is f@n girly
and how they look
__________________
gemini spark
  #34  
Old 12-29-2009, 11:55 PM
scubasteveE's Avatar
scubasteveE Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,558
Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE
Default Re: What do you think is wrong with "New" Pokemon

I'm going to be the odd one:
Kanto=Meh
Johto=Good
Hoenn=Terrible
Shinnoh up until Galactic Battles=Terrible
Galactic Battles=My Favorite(Idk why, but I just found it really funny and ash's team isn't that half bad. I suggest Galactic Battles, it's not like how D&P started out)

See what happen to pokemon is that it had a genre shift. It was an action/adventure anime, but it's now a comedy/drama anime.
__________________
Everybody loves a comback! I'm still kicking and still diving.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
  #35  
Old 12-30-2009, 02:53 AM
Eternal Moonlight's Avatar
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rumored Canadian
Posts: 6,579
Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight
Default Re: What do you think is wrong with "New" Pokemon

@arcemegus: Compared to Kotone and even Misty, that`s not so bad.

But WTF, that skirt! I remember it a smidge longer...

I`ve been saying the best way to save the show is to scrap every character and start fresh. Ash is in a lose, lose situation right now. He loses a battle, we say he sould be tough enough to win. If he wins, we complain about him being super powered. Both points are valid, which is the problem with using the same character for multiple somewhat indentical seasons. I mean, to an extent, Ash faces similar challenges, gyms, an evil team and such. If you think about it, it`s true.

Mew, Meow, Nya
__________________

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
  #36  
Old 12-30-2009, 03:14 AM
Phantasm.Angel's Avatar
Phantasm.Angel Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 3,317
Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel
Default Re: What do you think is wrong with "New" Pokemon

everyone should be dropped except pikachu
__________________
"You see, in life, the road to darkness is a journey, not a light switch."

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above
  #37  
Old 12-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: What do you think is wrong with "New" Pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubatheDiverman View Post
I'm going to be the odd one:
Kanto=Meh
Johto=Good
Hoenn=Terrible
Shinnoh up until Galactic Battles=Terrible
Galactic Battles=My Favorite(Idk why, but I just found it really funny and ash's team isn't that half bad. I suggest Galactic Battles, it's not like how D&P started out)

See what happen to pokemon is that it had a genre shift. It was an action/adventure anime, but it's now a comedy/drama anime.
What are you smoking comrade!?

Kanto: Great
Orange Islands: Ok
Jhoto: Excellent
Hoenn: Needs Improvement
Kanto 2 (Battle Frontier): Stanky
D&P: River Scum
D&P Galactic Battles: River Scum
Jhoto 2 (SOON TO COME): Hope it is good!
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
  #38  
Old 12-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Pokemon_Ron's Avatar
Pokemon_Ron Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: That thing in your pants
Posts: 6,964
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: What do you think is wrong with "New" Pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
What are you smoking comrade!?

Kanto: Great
Orange Islands: Ok
Jhoto: Excellent
Hoenn: Needs Improvement
Kanto 2 (Battle Frontier): Stanky
D&P: River Scum
D&P Galactic Battles: River Scum
Jhoto 2 (SOON TO COME): Hope it is good!
He's smoking the same thing as me because I agree with Scuba.
__________________
  #39  
Old 12-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Michelle8936's Avatar
Michelle8936 Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CANADA, YES
Posts: 1,875
Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle8936
Default Re: What do you think is wrong with "New" Pokemon

Yeah. I agree with the statement that Galactic Battles is pretty good, but the rest of the Sinnoh arc sucks; badly XD Actually, the big Spear Pillar moment was a bit of a drag, though :\

Kanto is and always will be my favorite (although it would've been nicer to see more gym battles); to be honest, the only thing I remember of the Orange Islands saga is the Power of One movie XD; Johto was good - not as good as Kanto, but still; and Hoenn was okay. I didn't like Frontier, aside from a couple battles.

There was one Hoenn ep that was particularly nice for me though; Time Warp Heals All Wounds. But, I just like stuff having to do with time travel, so that may have something to do with it.
__________________
I'm not really on this site anymore due to the horrible lag, so if you want to contact me, DA would be your best choice.


Last edited by Michelle8936; 12-30-2009 at 10:09 PM.
  #40  
Old 12-31-2009, 04:36 AM
Kendo's Avatar
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,792
Send a message via AIM to Kendo
Default Re: What do you think is wrong with "New" Pokemon

I never saw what was really wrong, per se, about Johto. I guess it's because I never bothered to pay attention to it. Is it because it repeats more of the same from Kanto? Is Chikorita internationally hated? Something like that? Should I just go watch it myself?

But yeah, interesting multi-episode plots. And I don't just mean Galactic, either. I mean, if they can pull off Galactic they could be just peachy. Your mileage may vary on whether they've done it already or not. Personally I don't really watch the anime so I don't know, but I WILL say that Riley has a funny voice.
__________________
A very dumb story. Go read it.
~Kendo
Join my RPG...
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
  #41  
Old 12-31-2009, 04:43 AM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: What do you think is wrong with "New" Pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
I never saw what was really wrong, per se, about Johto. I guess it's because I never bothered to pay attention to it. Is it because it repeats more of the same from Kanto? Is Chikorita internationally hated? Something like that? Should I just go watch it myself?

But yeah, interesting multi-episode plots. And I don't just mean Galactic, either. I mean, if they can pull off Galactic they could be just peachy. Your mileage may vary on whether they've done it already or not. Personally I don't really watch the anime so I don't know, but I WILL say that Riley has a funny voice.
When it comes to Johto, the big interest that I've really found for me is mostly the episodes revolving around Larvitar.
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
  #42  
Old 01-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Popshakes's Avatar
Popshakes Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Why does it matter to you? :3
Posts: 139
Default Re: What do you think is wrong with "New" Pokemon

I've been watching Pokemon since 1999, for 11 years straight since I was a kid and wow, the series has taken a dramatic downfall for the worst. Personally, I really enjoyed the first season. When I saw Pokemon in blockbuster one day, I had my parents rent one of the episodes because I saw a commercial about it. The first episode I watched was where Ash caught Pidgeotto. To me, that was what actually got me hooked. :P I also loved the entire creativity of the show. It kept me hooked. The characters weren't half bad either. I loved the stories it would bring and the plot was amazing. Ash WAS my favorite character. I enjoyed his Charmander's mood issues and his other Pokemon. Misty was a classic to me. Her character gave the show its spunk with her attitude. I even liked her all water team. And Brock, he was the comedic relief of the show with going after ladies here and there. And with him being a breeder, that was even better! ( Though, he doesn't do much in that area... )

When the Orange Islands came out, I'll admit, I didn't favor them as much as Kanto but, hey, it was Pokemon! I was upset Brock left and Tracy filled in but, at least he gave a different personality and, if I'm right, weren't they also starting on the GS ball here? That gave me a thrill to always guess what was inside. :D

When Johto came, I was even happier. Brock was back, new Pokemon, and it gave me more wonders. I enjoyed the new eeveelutions, the gyms, the GS Ball, and the different plots. Sure, some of it was repeated from Kanto but at least they changed it up, am I right? Ash's character was still great to me, Misty was that attitude girl who gave spunk, and Brock was the same guy I loved.

*takes deep breath*

Hoenn, on the other hand, started out interestingly enough. When May was put into Misty's position I was actually excited to see new people. I thought May would be who she portrayed in the beginning. To me, she didn't look like she enjoyed being a trainer and wanted to strive to become a coordinator. I enjoyed that. Even her little 'genius' brother Max. ( But seriously, who would let an underaged kid go with a bunch of 'ten' year-olds? ) Brock came back was much more mellow...which was odd to me. In Hoenn though, they seemingly began to lose symbol of character.

Hoenn, in all sense, basically forced me to shut off the T.V.

The Frontier in Kanto, I didn't even pay attention to except for when I watched Misty's episode.

SINNOH though, was horrible in all sense. Okay, Pikachu destroying her bike, as well as the other two girls? Ironic but why? And, the new generation Pokemon fully lost 'animal' looks. And what about Dawn? God, she dresses as a **** in a SUPER short skirt. REALLY NOW? Sinnoh seriously forced me to stop watching the anime. DX


Over all:
Kanto = GREAT!
Orange Islands = Could do better but still awesome~!
Johto = GREAT!
Hoenn = Could do better.
Sinnoh = .....Really now? *burns televison*

So, yes. My rant it over. C:
__________________
Jolteon owns all other eeveelutions~ ;D

♥ Jolteon Lover ♥
  #43  
Old 01-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: What do you think is wrong with "New" Pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popshakes View Post
I've been watching Pokemon since 1999, for 11 years straight since I was a kid and wow, the series has taken a dramatic downfall for the worst. Personally, I really enjoyed the first season. When I saw Pokemon in blockbuster one day, I had my parents rent one of the episodes because I saw a commercial about it. The first episode I watched was where Ash caught Pidgeotto. To me, that was what actually got me hooked. :P I also loved the entire creativity of the show. It kept me hooked. The characters weren't half bad either. I loved the stories it would bring and the plot was amazing. Ash WAS my favorite character. I enjoyed his Charmander's mood issues and his other Pokemon. Misty was a classic to me. Her character gave the show its spunk with her attitude. I even liked her all water team. And Brock, he was the comedic relief of the show with going after ladies here and there. And with him being a breeder, that was even better! ( Though, he doesn't do much in that area... )

When the Orange Islands came out, I'll admit, I didn't favor them as much as Kanto but, hey, it was Pokemon! I was upset Brock left and Tracy filled in but, at least he gave a different personality and, if I'm right, weren't they also starting on the GS ball here? That gave me a thrill to always guess what was inside. :D

When Johto came, I was even happier. Brock was back, new Pokemon, and it gave me more wonders. I enjoyed the new eeveelutions, the gyms, the GS Ball, and the different plots. Sure, some of it was repeated from Kanto but at least they changed it up, am I right? Ash's character was still great to me, Misty was that attitude girl who gave spunk, and Brock was the same guy I loved.

*takes deep breath*

Hoenn, on the other hand, started out interestingly enough. When May was put into Misty's position I was actually excited to see new people. I thought May would be who she portrayed in the beginning. To me, she didn't look like she enjoyed being a trainer and wanted to strive to become a coordinator. I enjoyed that. Even her little 'genius' brother Max. ( But seriously, who would let an underaged kid go with a bunch of 'ten' year-olds? ) Brock came back was much more mellow...which was odd to me. In Hoenn though, they seemingly began to lose symbol of character.

Hoenn, in all sense, basically forced me to shut off the T.V.

The Frontier in Kanto, I didn't even pay attention to except for when I watched Misty's episode.

SINNOH though, was horrible in all sense. Okay, Pikachu destroying her bike, as well as the other two girls? Ironic but why? And, the new generation Pokemon fully lost 'animal' looks. And what about Dawn? God, she dresses as a **** in a SUPER short skirt. REALLY NOW? Sinnoh seriously forced me to stop watching the anime. DX


Over all:
Kanto = GREAT!
Orange Islands = Could do better but still awesome~!
Johto = GREAT!
Hoenn = Could do better.
Sinnoh = .....Really now? *burns televison*

So, yes. My rant it over. C:



Sums it all up right there.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
  #44  
Old 01-11-2010, 12:11 AM
The pokemaster's Avatar
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hiding from everything
Posts: 1,133
Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster
Default Re: What do you think is wrong with "New" Pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
When it comes to Johto, the big interest that I've really found for me is mostly the episodes revolving around Larvitar.
I loved the larvitar episodes. I also liked the Silver Conference, where Ash got his butt kicked XP
__________________

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
  #45  
Old 01-13-2010, 06:40 AM
Poliwagged's Avatar
Poliwagged Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 125
Default Re: What do you think is wrong with "New" Pokemon

Kill Ash off and make a new series starring Gold and Kotone.


I'd watch it.
__________________
Poliwhacked!
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com