Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi
Default Re: Masters of Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiume View Post
Lord of the Rings isn't that great.
WHAT ON EARTH KIND OF FECKING BLASPHEMY IS THIS

You're not one of the people who's parents only let them watch the first half of the first movie, are you?

Old 01-09-2010, 03:50 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Name: Jack
5 Favorite Movies: I've watched a lot of movies, it is impossible to list favorites.
3 Favorite Movie Genres: Animated, Drama, Comedy (but I can and will watch any genre)

I'm a big movie fan. Looking forward to discussing films with fellow viewers of the big screen.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 01-09-2010, 02:36 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Clovers View Post
Name: Jack
5 Favorite Movies: I've watched a lot of movies, it is impossible to list favorites.
3 Favorite Movie Genres: Animated, Drama, Comedy (but I can and will watch any genre)

I'm a big movie fan. Looking forward to discussing films with fellow viewers of the big screen.

~Jack~
Go for it, man. Welcome in. Any new movies you recommend people watch?

@Tombi: I dont think I've ever heard of someone watching half an LotR Movie.

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.

Last edited by XaiakuX; 01-09-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:34 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

So I literally just got home from watching Daybreakers - and my God... it was awesome.
I'll type a review of it later tonight if I have a chance. :D
Old 01-10-2010, 04:25 AM
Gamedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude
Default Youth In Revolt Reveiw

Movie Title: Youth In Revolt
Year Released: 2010
Director: Miguel Arteta
Cast:
Michael Cera as Nick Twisp/Francois Dillinger
Portia Doubleday as Sheeni Saunders
Jean Smart as Estelle Twisp
Zach Galifianakis as Jerry
Erik Knudsen as Lefty
Fred Willard as Mr. Ferguson
Justin Long as Paul Saunders
Jonathan B. Wright as Trent

Story: The story isn't what I thought it would be until I saw this movie. It was told very well. The story is basically (with out spoiling) is about a teenage boy tired of being a huge virgin goes on vacation for a week and met a girl who he tries to get into trouble to stay with her. Using funny animations and creative ideas, the story was really done well.

Acting: I personally loved Michael Cera as Nick Twisp. Michael is always playing the huge virgin in all his movies (Such as Super bad). When he played his alter eco Francois Dillinger, I wasn't too convinced that Francois was a super bad ass person. As for the rest of the cast, they were all amazing. I really liked Justin Long playing Sheeni Saunders's older brother; He convinced me he was really a pot/shroom user.

CGI Animation:
There was very little CGI animation, There was only about five minutes of animation and it all looked amazing (besides the one clay animation scene at the beginning of the movie)

Plot: The plot was amazing, it always had me guessing what would happen next. I was laughing a lot during this movie. The plot was displayed really well, It was easy for me and my friends to understand the movie. I kinda wish the movie explained on Jonathan Wright's charter 'Trent'.

Overall: Overall, this movie was really funny; When I was in the theater, a old couple was watching the movie and was laughing. There was a lot of sex themed stuff in the movie so my recommendation is not to show to younger kids (IT SHOWED BOOBIES). This movie reminded me a lot of super bad and American pie. So if you are into Sex/Drug Themed Comedy, then you must watch this movie. This is also a good date movie

URPG STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Looks like Craig isn't the only one surfing PE2K while high as a kite.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:29 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio
Default Re: Youth In Revolt Reveiw

Daybreakers
Directed by Peter and Michael Spierig.

[Ethan Hawke] - [Edward Dalton]
[Willem Dafoe] - [Lionel "Elvis" Cormac]
[Sam Neill] - [Charles Bromley]
[Claudia Karvan] - [Audrey Bennett]

In the year 2019, most of humanity has been lost. Less than five percent of the human population exists, as the rest of the world has been turned into vampires. However, times become dire when the governmental institution responsible for supplying blood to the vampiric population declares there is only enough blood left to supply everyone over the course of the next month.

Those employed under Charles Bromley work fervently to find a human blood substitute. Yet, all the attempts fail as those deprived of blood slip into a degenerative lunacy. They are called "Stage IV" and they become so unruly and violent, the government is forced to step in. This proves a daunting task as more and more vampires become unrecognizable beasts, thirsting for anything that their claws can hook.

A lone hematologist named Edward Dalton searches for the cure, rather than a substitute when he is rounded up as an experiment by a band of renegade humans. Just as Dalton thinks he may have found a cure, the pandemic has spread - causing thousands to riot and murder.

Acting:
As with most horror movies, the average audience viewer does not expect any sort of decent acting. They are used to the mundane, two-dimensional characters presented in terrible remakes. However, I was in for a pleasant shock when the actors showed emotion in their eyes and facial expressions. They felt real and they had real conversations, not the idiotic banter used to further the plot. Although each person was cast to play a stereotypical role, they embraced it as their own. It was good, solid acting. (And it had Sam Neill, which is a plus in any movie).

CGI Animation:
The CGI in this film proves to be worth watching. I wasn't expecting the stunning details used in the "Matrix-Like" cities, human farming equipment or even the skin texture on the degenerating vampires. I was highly impressed with the visuals, save for one or two points in the movie when one could easily tell it was computer generated, rather than the real thing. Either case, it's stimulating to watch

Overall:
If you want to see a movie in theaters, PICK DAYBREAKERS.
This really is a light in the dark of the present-day movie industry. Despite the excessive amounts of blood, violence and use of coarse language, the film presents itself the way a true horror movie should. It doesn't rely on feeble scare tactics, but instead preys on human emotions and it portrays them through the film. Truly worth watching if you're looking for a film about vampires - and not one about sparkling tweens.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:53 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Cool Reviews, guys. *adds to Front Page.*

I'm throwing this out there as well. If you want, since there are so many. You can review a Movie Awards Show. I'll be adding a List of award shows you can review on the 4th post. Feel free to inform me of alternative Movie Award Shows and I will add them to that list.

Last edited by XaiakuX; 01-10-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Zastard Offline

Daybreakers was a horrible film. It's a terrible vampire film just like the Twilight series. Watch the Lost Boys or Blade or even 30 Days of Night for a good vampire film.

Name: Zastard
5 Favorite Movies: A Clockwork Orange, Pulp Fiction, No Country For Old Men, The Thing, Lost In Translation
3 Favorite Movie Genres: Horror, Drama, Foreign
Old 01-11-2010, 02:45 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

I agree. Too many movies are trying to cash in on the vampire success right now, making for some general 'meh' movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onii-San View Post
Any new movies you recommend people watch?
Avatar. If you have an IMAX theatre nearby, go watch it. The 3D is absolutely the phenominal, the best 3D I've seen so far. I really believe it will become on par with Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Lord of the Rings, (just some examples) as far as a step in film making advancements.

That's the only theatre movie I've seen lately. Up in the Air would be the top movie for those out now. Can't go wrong with George Clooney. Youth in Revolt will probably be funny, but it reminds me of all his (Michael Cera) other movies. Later this month, Edge of Darkness. Great to see Mel Gibson back in action.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 01-11-2010, 05:45 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

I finally got around to watching Pride And Prejudice. What a fantastic film.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Gamedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude

I might review all the American pie movies (Y) or Pick Of Destiny. Thos are my favorite movies of all time xD

URPG STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Looks like Craig isn't the only one surfing PE2K while high as a kite.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

If I get a chance, I'll review The Untouchables and The Emperor's New Groove. ;D

Old 01-12-2010, 12:19 AM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Send a message via AIM to MYSTRY MEW Send a message via Yahoo to MYSTRY MEW

*has the urge to go on a disney review spree*

3566-7998-7363TradesVPPClaimsURPGLinks3137-2783-9061
Old 01-12-2010, 02:34 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

Daybreakers was amazing! I plan on seeing Youth In Revolt with my friends this weekend. Once I write it up, I'll post a review for Disturbia,
Old 01-12-2010, 07:58 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastard View Post
Name: Zastard
5 Favorite Movies: A Clockwork Orange, Pulp Fiction, No Country For Old Men, The Thing, Lost In Translation
3 Favorite Movie Genres: Horror, Drama, Foreign
Accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Clovers View Post
I agree. Too many movies are trying to cash in on the vampire success right now, making for some general 'meh' movies.

~Jack~
I disagree with you two. I thought it was a well told story of vampirism. What would actually happen if vampires became more and more, humans would eventually die out. It's totally off from Twilight. The fact that drinking another vampires blood is poison. Controlled sunlight, and cured vampire blood is the cure to vampirism. The creation of a suplimental substitute for blood that can keep vampires from becoming a "subsider." It's a pretty epic way of telling the tale of vampirism, as well as the story of several characters at the same time, without making it totally cheesy.

Last edited by XaiakuX; 07-17-2011 at 10:24 PM.