Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 10-26-2009, 04:25 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Individual RP: Marth

A thin, strip of bent metal attached to blue Wailmer bone slings through the air in the cabin, revolving in a full circle before returning to the hand of a bored teenager and again being thrown to make yet another circle. Registration duty was boring. Ranger Sokka, currently leaning backwards in his chair, was one of the most junior Rangers and the absolute youngest, meaning he was stuck with the job all the time, and it unquestionably sucked. At most three Trainers came through the registration office a day this time of year, and there was almost always another Ranger prepped, meaning Sokka never got any of the action.

*bzzt* Ranger Sokka, pick up please. Sokka jumped at the sudden noise, snatching his boomerang out of the air and raising it like a weapon. He was glad, when he realized that it was one of his superiors over the radio, no one else was there to see him.

“Yes, hello,” Sokka replied with his finger on the intercom button. Hopefully the fact that he was being radioed meant he was needed somewhere.

*bzzt* we’ve got a Trainer out at the carts waiting to be taken down to Meteor Valley. Sokka’s eyebrows jumped and he broke out in a grin. He pre-registered and we assigned Amonea to him-, the grin faded, but she’s running late getting back with her last Trainer. It came back with a vengeance. We’d like you to run down to the carts and bring him up to Registration so he doesn’t have to wait outside. She should only be another half-hour and then we’ll have him out of your hair. Sokka scowled. Great, he was babysitting. With a sigh he reached for the button again.

“Right away sir.” Sokka hopped up, allowing the chair to fall back on all four legs, and slipped out the door into the mid-afternoon sun. He stretched as he walked down the short path to the carts and cracked his neck. When he reached the cart he was surprised to see, rather than the average 16-30 year olds the Park saw, this guy seemed to be closer to forty. He seemed a bit old to be running through the park, but then again Sokka seemed too young to be leading people through it.

“Excuse me, sir?” Sokka leaned down under the cart top on the driver’s side and looked at the Trainer. “I’m Ranger Sokka. Your Ranger is running late, so…” the young Ranger was about to relay his instructions, but then on impulse he finished his sentence with “I’ve been asked to take you through instead.” Yeah, he was breaking the rules, but how was he supposed to become a great Ranger sitting on the sidelines? Sokka was going to earn their respect one way or another. He hopped into the cart and turned the key. “I should warn you, I only just got my license to drive this thing so it might be a bumpy ride.”

Fifteen minutes later the cart pulled up at the edge of the Valley, battered and dented in multiple places. Sokka switched off the ignition and put a hand to the back of his head, checking for damage from the tree branch. Satisfied that he wasn’t hurt, he grinned at the Trainer and slid out.

“I warned you it would be bumpy. Lucky for you this is as far as the cart can go, the path down is over there.” Sokka took a second to look out over the tall grass and flowers of the Valley. It was a lovely sight, but the young Ranger rarely dwelled on it. “Ready to go?”

--------------------

Trainer Stats

Name: Marth
Items: 2 Repellents, 1 Family Repellent, Digital Camera, Max Potion, 4 Parkballs, 3 Superballs, 2 Hyperballs

Pokemon

Hardy Male Infernape (Aerial Ace, Attract, Brick Break, Bulk up, Calm Mind, Earthquake, Fling, Fire Blast, Focus Punch, Grass Knot, Overheat, Poison Jab, Protect, Rest, Return, Roar, Rock Tamb, Shadow Claw, Sleep Talk, Solarbeam, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Swords Dance, Toxic, U-Turn, Will-O-Wisp, Encore, Fake out) <Blaze>
100%

Calm Male Dragonite (Brick Break, Protect, Substitute, Roost, Ice Beam, Surf, Thunder, Extremespeed, Superpower, Heal Bell) <Inner Focus>
100%

Last edited by Lord Fedora; 11-13-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:01 AM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth
Default Re: Individual RP: Marth

"Look, Monk. This guy's even younger than you, and he's going to give us a tour." I said to my faithful Infernape, who was inspecting carefully the Ranger that was assigned to our Park Run.

After a quick greeting, I called Infernape back into his Pokeball, and got inside an old cart. I felt like a driving instructor next to this kiddo, who drove the cart with the skills of someone who was not accustomed to doing so. Someone who had traveled the same route before would’ve known where the bumps and gaps laid on the road, and this kiddo had managed, surprisingly, to hit them all. We finally stopped besides an old oak, my buttocks feeling like mashed potatoes.

I released Infernape again, who disliked to be kept inside such a tiny space. Besides him, I had also brought Dragonite… but I hoped he would not be required.

“I hope that, at least, you know the area more than you know how to drive” I said.

Truth be told, we were on the beginning of a series of labyrinth-like grass structures, circular in shapes, with grass growing in tall columns at least seven feet high.

“Ah, look at that, Infernape. These are the Milky Way mazes; they cover only a small part of the Valley, yet they are magnificent on their own. They are man-made – the owner of this Island ordered to carve spiral shapes in order to honor the galaxies that he loved to admire at night. And in the center of each spiral, there’s a Moon Fountain, which spawns the purest of spring water in the valley.”

Infernape took a good look at the marvelous structures that called him. However, he would not be able to fight at his full potential inside them – he could end burning the whole area.

There was also an alternative route – the usual one, actually, which led down the valley in a slow slope. Even though it was filled with flowers and old pillars, it still did not appeal to me as much as the maze complex, which, let’s say, brought memories of my childhood.

“So, young man, which route are we going to take? We are ready to go.” I said, taking out my camera from the military backpack I always carried. I did not wish to miss the opportunity to capture a rare Pokémon for the posterity - and the money.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 10-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Sokka didn't like this guy already. He had already commented on the young Ranger's inexperience once, his age twice (he counted the "young man" thing) and was doing the tourism part of his job for him.

"Sir, pleasant as I'm sure you're finding your journey, I would really appreciate it if you left that kind of thing to me." Sokka had to grit his teeth to keep his tone respectful. "It's kind of a part of the job description." He noticed Marth eying the mazes and decided rather out of spite that that particular attraction wasn't . "We should go down this way," Sokka nodded down a secondary route. "The Mazes are, uh, closed. Accident the other day with another Trainer." Sokka preferred this route anyway, but now he had all the more reason to take the detour.

A short few minutes later they came upon the second fork. A sign was placed at the junction, indicating directions to the unique sections of Meteor Valley. Because it had so much to offer the sign changed regularly based on popularity, and to that end it had the old fashioned slat letters, in order to make changing it easy. Which is why Sokka had a scowl on his face.

"Great. Someone's been playing with the signs again." Instead of listing directions to the Crystalline Caverns or the Diving Falls there were at least a dozen nonsense letters, some of them backwards and others upside down. Sokka sighed. "Sorry about this, sometimes people get into the Park without us realizing it. Pranksters and the like. Some f the more temperamental Pokemon who aren't used to humans usually take care of them but stuff can happen. Anyway, just pick a direction, and-" Sokka paused as he slowed his stride and slammed the sign with his fist to knock the letters down, "we'll just..." he tried to start talking again but couldn't when, rather than fall to the ground, the letters began to rise.

"... oh! Unown. Duh." The assorted black symbols hovered away, some shouting angrily as they floated away and others simply leaving. One W shape, however, hung around, watching Marth and Sokka with a single beady eye. It appeared to be waiting for them to leave so it could return to its sign (and nap). Sokka turned his head to Marth behind him.

"Well sir, I think this is a nice opportunity for you to catch a Pokemon, if you'd like."

--------------------

Encounters Left: 14

Encounters- ??? Genderless Unown W

Trainer Stats

Items: 2 Repellents, 1 Family Repellent, Digital Camera, Max Potion, 4 Parkballs, 3 Superballs, 2 Hyperballs

Pokemon

Hardy Male Infernape (Aerial Ace, Attract, Brick Break, Bulk up, Calm Mind, Earthquake, Fling, Fire Blast, Focus Punch, Grass Knot, Overheat, Poison Jab, Protect, Rest, Return, Roar, Rock Tamb, Shadow Claw, Sleep Talk, Solarbeam, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Swords Dance, Toxic, U-Turn, Will-O-Wisp, Encore, Fake out) <Blaze>
100%

Calm Male Dragonite (Brick Break, Protect, Substitute, Roost, Ice Beam, Surf, Thunder, Extremespeed, Superpower, Heal Bell) <Inner Focus>
100%

OOC: Just so you know the letter was random.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Marth Offline

The kiddo was not pleased by my previous knowledge of the Island. Indeed, as a previous inhabitant of the continent, there were little secrets about it that remained a mystery to my experience, and having a Ranger walking me by the Island was a mere formality, rather than necessity. However, the kiddo asked politely to let him do his job, and I decided to let him earn his money fair and square.

We arrived at a sort of crossroads, with an old sign that used slat letters, which only served to increase his irritation, since they spelled nothing and meant less.
They turned out to be just a bunch of Unowns – fascinating creatures with latent powers that were a mystery to every scientist around the globe, and a honored species by paleontologists. One of them, representing a W, had hung around, wishing to return his resting place undisturbed. But the sign was not his natural bed, and thus I decided to make whoever else visited the valley tonight a small favor.

“All right, Monk” I said to Infernape, who raised his eyebrows attentively. He seemed to find the Unown a mere nuisance, not worthy of his attention.

“We’re going to scare this critter away. First, use Fake Out right in front of him to wake him up completely. Then, use the voice waves generated by your Roar to send him flying away, never to come back to this sign.” I instructed. I also hoped that this method of…avoiding confrontations would generate encounters with better Pokémon.

Infernape raised his palms in a meditative-like fashion, and took a deep breath. In one swift, surprising movement, he approached the Unown and clapped his hands right in front of the unsuspecting Unown, whose lonely pupil became a tiny spot in the middle, as a reflex for focusing on the face that frowned up him a few inches away. Then, Infernape bellowed out the air he had stored with a fantastic shout of war, making sure the waves hit the Unown with full force.

“INFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERNAPE!”
Old 10-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

A light scowl graced Sokka's lips as Marth issued his commands. If he had wanted to capture the Unown it would be one thing, but the little creature had obviously made this sign its home if it was unwilling to leave with its friends. A Ranger would eventually have to get it to move but for now there was no reason not to leave it in peace.

Infernape dashed in front of Unown and clapped his hands, combining the shock of an aggressor directly in front of it with a surprising loud noise. The sudden attack shocked the small creature, causing it to "jump" back slightly. The fiery monkey took a few steps back as well, drawing his head back to unleash a fierce Roar and frighten Unown away. Unfortunately for him, Unown was apparently quick to recover. It blinked twice while Infernape prepared his Roar, and uttered a quick series of assorted noises. Several orbs of white light appeared around its body. An obvious Hidden Power.

Unown unleashed its attack at the same time that Infernape did, firing the orbs which had taken on an "aura"-that is to say, the outline-of dark brown. The monkey was just about to unleash its guttural Roar when the first blast struck him in the gut, causing him to double over. Another hit his shoulder, and a third struck him in the knee. None of them did serious damage and most of the Hidden Power blasts missed, but it still most likely hurt and was even more likely annoying.

Infernape glared and didn't even bother pulling back, just yelled with a fierce intensity. Unown floated back a bit, fear in its eye, but remained a few seconds before finally turning around and zipping away over the edge of the path.

"Good job I suppose," Sokka nodded at Marth and Infernape. "Well anyway, like I was saying we've got two paths we can go down. Which one we do is your call.

--------------------

Encounters Left: 14

Trainer Stats

Pokemon

84.26%

100%
Old 11-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Marth, 24 hour warning. Post or be forcibly removed from the Park forcefully.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:49 AM
Marth Offline

"So, we have either the Crystalline Caverns or the Diving Falls." I told myself, inspecting where the Hidden Power had hit Infernape. The orbs had left a deep blue stain on his fur, meaning the attack had been Dragon-type, probably.
I measured my options carefully. I did not recall a site called the Diving Falls on my youth - thus it was either a newly discovered area, or a new name for an old structure. Either way, the sound of Water implied in the word Falls would not fit Infernape's battle style. I would prefer to avoid as much damage as possible.
Once I made sure no major damage had been done, I turned to ranger Sokka and spoke my decision:
"Let's go to the Crystalline Caverns"

OOC: I am sorry for the delay. It was a ...busy weekend. I made a small post so you could describe the Crystalline Caverns as you see fit.
Money: 13,500
Old 11-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

The path to the Crystalline Caverns wasn't what you'd call treacherous, but it wasn't exactly fun either. It essentially consisted of a short ledge-not short enough that it required one's back against the wall but enough so that it had to be in single file-along the edge of the valley. The distance between the ledge and the ground was not so far as to be lethal, but a fall would hurt like hell.

Sokka, ever the nervous one when it came to this particular ledge, did in fact have his back pressed against the rocky wall, cautiously sidling along with Marth following behind.

"Okay, we're almost there," Sokka confirmed this affirmation by a small outcropping of rock that vaguely resembled a Clefairy jutting out beneath him, one of the many small landmarks used by Rangers. "There's a large outcropping just outside the entrance to the Caverns that we can stop and rest on, and then we'll head in."

Sokka edged around the final corner and onto the far larger ledge that awaited, sighing in a relieved manner. He turned to face Marth, about to ask if he was already set, but he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. A Cleffa, just stirring from a nap, was sitting at the edge of the outcropping. He grinned at Marth.

"Yours if you want it," was all he said, jerking his head in the direction of the Cleffa.

--------------------

Encounters Left: 13

??? ??? Cleffa

Trainer Stats

Pokemon

84.26%

100%

OOC: And it was Hidden Power Rock btw.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Marth Offline

We kept on moving alongside a risky mountain ledge. Sokka was visibly nervous as he advanced through the pass. I must confess that I was always too careful when it came to personal safety, so I had Dragonite's pokeball clinched to my hand, ready to be released in case it was necessary to save me from a deadly fall.

There was a Cleffa waitting for us at the end of the road. Such a narrow path was probably something very easy for the little critter to walk everyday, and the spot, which resembled a Clefairy, would certainly be their favorite resting place.

Unlike the Unown - who had claimed something which did not belong to him - the Cleffa was resting peacefully where he belonged, and I had no interest in a non-combat Pokémon like it.

"I don't want it. Little guy wouldn't survive a day of training with me" I said, watching a bubble form between the fair Pokémon's nostrils. Since we were going to rest for a few minutes, I instructed Infernape to Slack Off to restore his energy for the upcoming trials and battles.

After a calm period of resting, we proceeded inside the so-called Cyrstalline Caverns. Fortunately, the cave made honor to its name: many crystals, some of them big enough to cover the whole wall, flanked the cavern, shining an unnatural glow that allowed visibility to be adequate. It was a marvelous place - one that I did not remember from my youth.

"What kind of Pokémon can you find in such a cavern, young boy?" I asked, taking out my camera in case a rare sight was encountered.

Last edited by Marth; 11-13-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Marth seemed to consider it, but decided to pass up the Cleffa. Instead the group all sat down and took a breather. Sokka himself grabbed a bottle of water from his shoulder bag-his totally manly shoulder bag-and took a swig, slumping against the rock wall.

When they were fully recuperated and Infernape had Slacked Off to heal its damage, they slipped into the entrance to the caverns. Marth pulled out a camera that Sokka recognized as Park brand, anticipating something rare to take a picture of.

"What kind of Pokémon can you find in such a cavern, young boy?" he asked, annoying Sokka yet again with the kid stuff. Still, if Mr. Know-it-all didn't know what was coming up then this would be satisfying.

"Actually Marth, these aren't the Caverns, they're just the entrance to the Caverns." The corner came up, and Sokka led Marth around them with a sweep of his hand. "These are the Caverns." The dim tunnel they had just passed through was nothing compared to the series of caves that followed. The walls were light in color, and studded with streaks of glowing crystals in various colors. Various other large chunks of the gemstones poked out of the floor and ceiling stalagmite/stalactite fashion, and some also stood out as parts of the unique rock formations that often appeared over centuries in these kinds of caverns. Sokka grinned at Marth and started playing tour guide, tossing his boomerang on a whim.

"The Caverns were discovered by a senior Ranger about ten years ago. He was one of those artsy types and wanted to try and capture the Clefairy landmark outside when he found the entrance. Since then geologists have been pounding at our doors begging to be allowed in to try and find out what makes the crystals glow like this. The bizarre thing is the crystals only actually glow when they're in the Caverns. Cut off a piece? Still glowing. Smash it into bits? Still glowing. Grind it into powder? You've got glowing powder. Take it outside, absolutely nothing. It has nothing to do with the sunlight since they don't work in other caves either. And, the moment you bring them back in they'll start glowing again.

"As for the kinds of Pokemon you'll find here, a lot of Pokemon are attracted by the crystals. It's like living in Solaceon Town and going to see the Ruins. Local tourism and all that." Sokka glanced around, spotting assorted shadows running around. One such shadow had more definition, a pig-shaped Pokemon on a spring tail with a large spherical object on top of its head. "Like that Spoink over there. It probably doesn't live here, but this place is really interesting so it came to visit."

--------------------

Encounters Left: 12

??? ??? Cleffa
??? ??? Spoink

Trainer Stats

Pokemon

100%

100%
Old 11-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Marth Offline

As it turned out, what I thought that was the caves did not compare to the wonderful look that awaited us. Sokka displayed proudly his knowledge about the cavern's discovery, and about the strange properties of the crystals that pallisaded the wall inside. I cut off a small sample with my army knife of one of the crystals as a souvenir, carefully making sure the place where it was taken from did not appear to be tampered with. The crystal glowed in my hand, and had an odd feeling of contrast between how much it glowed and how cold it felt.

Sokka then pointed out a nearby shadow belonging to a peculiar Pokémon, which seemed to be bouncing around the cave.

"A Spoink... well, I'm not a big fan of it, to be honest. I don't want to sound picky, but I only brought so many Parkballs. I really hope I can find a rare catch around here" I added, shrugging my shoulders as to excuse myself for the battle inactivity.

Money: 22,500
Old 11-21-2009, 02:47 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Marth turned down the Spoink, but Sokka waved down his apology.

"Don't worry about it. I've seen far pickier than you for far more superficial reasons than simply not caring for the Pokemon. As for rare Pokemon, well, they got the classification of rare for a reason." The teen Ranger smirked. "You'll just have to get lucky."

Not two seconds later along their walk a Pokemon came slinking haughtily around a particularly large spear of orange crystal. It was feline in both structure and air, with violet fur and a forked cat's tail. A small red gem sat in its forehead between two blue eyes.

"... lucky."

--------------------

Encounters Left: 11

??? ??? Cleffa
??? ??? Spoink
??? ??? Espeon

Trainer Stats

Pokemon

100%

100%
Old 11-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Marth Offline

"Jackpot" I whispered, trying not to scare away the Espeon.

I had to think what my options were for the battle at hand. Espeon is a psychic Pokemon, and as such will attack the mind of Infernape.
Fighting Pokémon are extremely susceptible to their attacks since their mind is never calm, they are always thinking about the next punch or kick they'll throw. Their mind is never calm... wait... yeah, I know how to begin the fight without putting the Espeon on his guard.

"Ape, use Calm Mind" I instructed, still with a low voice. Infernape nodded and closed his eyes, relaxing his posture, and breathing with a more regular rhythm. This way, he would be more resistant to Espeon's psychic attacks.

Such a move posed no threat to the Espeon, I hoped it would have not noticed our attempt to engage him in a battle... yet.
I couldn't waste more time thinking, though, or the Espeon would simply walk away. Also, the calm mind would boost his fire-based attacks, which could be used for our advantage.

"Allright Ape. Let's begin the battle with a feigned flamethrower whirl!" I said, now loudly enough for Espeon to notice our battle intent.

The feint maneuver was a battle instruction composed of two elements. The first one would be the distraction, while the second one the intended outcome.
Infernape took a deep breath, and jumped as high as he could without crashing on the cave's ceiling, and exhaled a stream of flames aimed at where Espeon was standing... or that's what it seemed.

The attack instead was misdirected a few steps around Espeon, effectively creating a circle of fire that would surround the enemy. Usually, the enemy would attempt to dodge the flames, but instead would end up trapped by the fire ring. I just hoped this Espeon would fall for it.

Last edited by Marth; 11-24-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Marth took an obvious interest in the Espeon and immediately signaled Infernape forward. Sokka had to admit that it took some serious cajones to send a fighting type against an Espeon. In terms of Psychic power it was second only to Legendaries and Alakazam.

The monkey led with a Calm Mind, reigning in the storm of the Fighting psyche. It seemed that Marth was trying to avoid spooking Espeon prematurely by quietly strengthening Infernape, and it worked to an extent. Espeon didn't run, but it was put somewhat on edge and its eyes began to dart as it sensed the change in the fire monkey's brain. Sokka was certain that Marth didn't notice it against the glow of the crystals, but the gem in the center of Espeon's forehead glowed slightly, a signal of the Psych Up technique. Its mental strength was now boosted in the same way that Infernape's had.

Satisfied, Marth chose that moment to act, calling some kind of feint. Sokka palmed his face. For an obvious veteran fighter this was a stupid move, calling a feint out loud, for an intelligent target to hear. Espeon might not know what was coming, but it would know not to react in an obvious way. So, when Infernape jumped up and let loose a torrent of flames at the feline. Or so it seemed anyway. The fire was actually tilted slightly to the right of the cat, and turning to form a ring. Espeon was slightly startled by the sudden attack and jumped back slightly, but not into the fire as Marth had obviously hoped it would do, although its tail, in the jerking motion back, did get caught in the flames. The Espeon yelped and jumped to the other side, swinging its tail in front of it and blowing out the small fire that formed on its tail. The fire itself, which Infernape had formed into a fire ring on the ground, forged a bright light in the dull glow momentarily and then, lacking any fuel, burned itself out.

Espeon finished blowing its tail out and glared across the cavern at Infernape. The ruby in its forehead flashed momentarily and then blazed with the ejection of a dozen brilliant white stars homing in on the fire monkey.

--------------------

Battle Stats

Infernape 100%
Espeon 95% <Swift>

Espeon took 5% damage when its tail was lit up.

Encounters Left: 11

??? ??? Cleffa
??? ??? Spoink
??? ??? Espeon

Trainer Stats

Pokemon

100%

100%

OOC: Espy's gender btw Marth?
Old 12-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Marth Offline

So the little Espeon could understand human speech, hm? I had the impression they used the feelings of the humans as the means of communicating. Pokémon are not born with the capability of language, it's something they learn over time. The fact that this guy could hear and understand what I said... well, it was more experienced than your run-o-the-mill Pokémon.

Not only it had avoided my previous attack, but now it was shooting a beam of shuriken-shaped energy rounds. A swift move, typical of normal-type Pokémon. It was probably a learned attack from his days as an Eevee. However, the size of the stars was a lot bigger than I would've expected for a Psychic-type Pokémon. I remembered the crystal on his forehead had seemed to shine a bit more than usual, but I thought that was my imagination. Now I'm guessing the Espeon used either Calm Mind or Psych up, for this attack was stronger than expected.

The easiest option was to dodge the attack by moving behind a crystal, but Ape wouldn't like that. He would rather take the attack full-on, or prove himself superior.

"Ape, either you use protect, or you try to burn them down with an overheat!" I told him. Giving him the option would mean he'd use the overheat in a stronger fashion, for he would strive to the limits to prove
himself stronger.

Ape did not pause to think the situation. His chest muscles expanded, while his legs and arms contracted to give more blood to the heat-producing organ in his thorax. He drew as much air as he
could before the swift reached him, and exhaled: An enormous column of swirling fire emerged, at least thrice as big than Infernape, mixing orange and yellow colors in a cylindrical blast. The temperature was enough to vaporize the Swift's energy blasts, and the size big enough to fill most of the cave. Such a feat was allowed due to the previous calm mind it had used, which boosted his special-type fire abilities.
The heat I felt was hot, but I couldn't imagine what would the Espeon feel if this attack hit him.

The wave advance through the cave, right where Espeon awaited, though I could not really see what was happening behind the column of fire.

"Good job, Ape"...I said, regardless of the result of the attack.

Last edited by Marth; 12-03-2009 at 11:37 PM.