Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:24 AM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to George Jefferson Send a message via MSN to George Jefferson Send a message via Yahoo to George Jefferson Send a message via Skype™ to George Jefferson
Default Re: "The Video Game Genre"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post

Thought that this place needed one.

Yay for bad, time consuming banners. :3

And that 3 day rule is a bit of a short time. Maybe 5 or 7 days. I know I've had time where I wasn't able to get online for quite sometime, so it might be good to extend that deadline.

kh2 up next, probably.
Take out that Mega Man f@g in there. He has no right being in the same legion of other characters who debuted on the NES.

EDIT: And replace him ROCK-U MAN-SAN
Old 02-20-2010, 01:34 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippler View Post
Take out that Mega Man f@g in there. He has no right being in the same legion of other characters who debuted on the NES.

EDIT: And replace him ROCK-U MAN-SAN
stfu. the render was good.

/not really a fan of mega man

|thedynamicduo|
Old 02-20-2010, 01:59 AM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to George Jefferson Send a message via MSN to George Jefferson Send a message via Yahoo to George Jefferson Send a message via Skype™ to George Jefferson

Quote:

stfu. the render was good.

/not really a fan of mega man
Everybody who's an anybody knows that the NES Megaman games were better. (And X1-3, too.)
Old 02-20-2010, 03:17 AM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Send a message via AIM to MYSTRY MEW Send a message via Yahoo to MYSTRY MEW

Quote:

Thought that this place needed one.

Yay for bad, time consuming banners. :3

And that 3 day rule is a bit of a short time. Maybe 5 or 7 days. I know I've had time where I wasn't able to get online for quite sometime, so it might be good to extend that deadline.

kh2 up next, probably.

:O! I almost forgot! Thanks a bundle!

And ya, 5 days sounds good. Ill add that to the front. From now on, just post if you want to reserve a review. If anyone else reviews that game in the time you have, they lose 1 point, but if you don't review it in that time, it goes to anyone.

3566-7998-7363TradesVPPClaimsURPGLinks3137-2783-9061
Old 02-20-2010, 03:22 AM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSTRY MEW View Post
Reserved Reviews

Want to write a review of your FAVORITE games soundtrack, but don't have time? Afraid someone else will get to it before you? The simply post/im me that you want to reserve said review! Then, you'll have 5 days (exactly 120 hours) to get that post up. IF ANYONE ELSE REVIEWS THAT GAME in that time frame, they will lose a review point. And if you yourself fail to review it in that time, then it becomes available for ANYONE to review. So if you want to review a game, always check this list first ;D

Super Mario Sunshine - Mystry Mew (5 days left)
Kingdom Hearts 2 - Operative (5 days left)

*posted

Old 02-20-2010, 05:51 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

I'll be doing a Legend of Zelda review soon. I'm not gonna reserve it since theres a chance I won't have it done in 5 days.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:42 AM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

I feel like reserving the Megaman series, but I doubt I'll be able to do all of them in 5 days. (I meant the good ones, NES 1-6, PSX 8, SNES X1-X3, and the recent Mega Man 9.)

You're free to piss me off by doing them yourselves.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Lunar Lime Offline
Master Trainer

Yay reserves. x3

I'll Reserve...

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories

Okami

LimeLunar: (9:39:52 PM) WHAT IS LOVE

LimeLunar: (9:39:57 PM) BABY DON'T HURT ME

Forum FFA Team CHICKEN: (9:39:59 PM) (annagorov) BABY DON'T HURT ME
Old 02-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Operative Offline

(click box-art for soundtrack image)

Title: Kingdom Hearts II
Artist: Yōko Shimomura (mainly), Hikaru Utada, Kaoru Wada, Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra
Platform: Sony PlayStation2
Link to Buy: Click here to go to Amazon.com
Favorite Song: Sanctuary (Japanese Version)

Ratings:

Fitting-in: 8/10
Majority of the game has pretty good music. Which I didn't expect from the first game. And didn't think it would be as good as the last when I played this game. But I was wrong. As for actually fitting into the game, it did a decent job. It was as good as I hoped, but it was okay. There were times where music seemed too tense for no exact reason. There were also times at which the music switched too early. But this happens on rare-occasions, and I'm talking about boss battles. :P

Originality: 7/10
A lot of these tracks were taken from past Disney movies and/or Final Fantasy games. Which kind of takes away originality. But don't get me wrong, they didn't just take it straight from the games/movies themselves. They changed it a bit, and to be honest, made it a bit worse. For the FF bit. But I'd say they did a pretty good job on Disney's part.

Diversity: 8/10
Some of them have the same tune, but that's not really a big deal. Complaining about a few minor slips here and there is expected since nothing's ever really perfect.

Nostalgia Value: 8/10
I wouldn't say it brings back old memories, but it does, in a way. It takes me back to when watching Disney movies wasn't a pain. I could actually enjoy them and have fun watching it and listening to the songs. The definitely did a good job by remastering the music, but not changing it dramatically so that we wouldn't be able to recognize the tune.

Overall: 7.75/10

Closing comments: Pretty well priced for 89 songs on 2 discs. Unless you feel like buying the complete soundtrack which is 229 tracks on 9 discs. For the original soundtrack, it's only a few more dollars than a used KH2 game and a couple dollars more for a new KH2 game, which is good if you really want it. Don't let that mediocre score fool you. It's actually a pretty good soundtrack.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 02-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Operative Offline

Reserving Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters :P

Edit: Also checked out some music from games that people reviewed that I haven't played. Which is everything besides Brawl.

For Super Mario RPG, Booster Hill is my favourite. It's nice and upbeat and remind me of the invincibility song. ^^

For KoF '98, I couldn't really find any links to music of it, but The Intro and Select Music sound pretty decent to me. :3

And after doing all of that, I've noticed that...

THIS PLACE NEEDS MORE REVIEWS THAT AREN'T FROM ME. SO GUYS, GET REVIEWING. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I DO. MOSTLY BECAUSE I HAVE NO SOCIAL LIFE. SO START. NOW. GOGOGO.

|thedynamicduo|

Last edited by Operative; 02-20-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:40 PM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Lime View Post

Yay reserves. x3

I'll Reserve...

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories

Okami
K, you got 5 days =]

Quote:
It was as good as I hoped, but it was okay.
*confused* but i'll add the review =]

Quote:
Reserving Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters :P

5 days =]

Quote:
THIS PLACE NEEDS MORE REVIEWS THAT AREN'T FROM ME. SO GUYS, GET REVIEWING. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I DO. MOSTLY BECAUSE I HAVE NO SOCIAL LIFE. SO START. NOW. GOGOGO

xD Ill get sunshine up here soon

Old 02-20-2010, 10:45 PM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSTRY MEW View Post
Top Soundtracks

Following is a list of the top three soundtracks based on members reviews/voting.

Want to submit a vote for a soundtrack? Either post or shoot a pm to myself. Everyone is entitled to one vote.
Voting time naow?

Old 02-20-2010, 11:15 PM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Title: Mega Man, or as he was known in Japan, ROCK-UU MAN
Artist: Manami Matsumae
Yoshihiro Sakaguchi
Platform: NES, Sega Genesis, Nintendo Gamecube, Sony PS2, Microsoft Xbox
Link to download: You know most of the music in this group can be found at galbadia hotel, right?
Favorite Song: Gut's Man stage, remixed for Power Battle.
Original NES Gutsman

Ratings:
Fitting-in: Come on, it's the first six Robot Masters. 10/10
Originality: Coming out in NES's hey day in 1987, it sure was original enough. Even today! 10/10
Diversity: Different styles for different robot masters, such as Cut Man's simple beat and generic tune (And it's always the first you play. You're a god damn liar if you didn't.) Guts Man's theme is lacking though, as it's just a simple loop after a few seconds. Bomb Man's bgm is pretty calm considering he's a F***ING BOMB CHUCKING ROBOT. Elec Man's theme is really upbeat, and probably the best theme on there, until Rockman 2: Power Fighters, which Guts Man's theme was expanded more. 8/10
Nostalgia Value: It's the first Mega man, dude. 9/10
Overall: 8.2/10.

Closing comments: The first Mega Man to feature the great 8-bit music which is evident in the later NES MM games. Also, an average game at best, considering 2 and 3's content.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:33 PM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Title: Mega Man 2
Artist: Takashi Tateishi
Manami Matsumae
Yoshihiro Sakaguchi
Platform: NES, Genesis, GC, Xbox, PS2
Link to download: Galbadia Hotel, remember?
Favorite Song: Metal Man's theme
Remixed version of above theme

Ratings:
Fitting-in:It's Megaman 2, back when NES tunes were becoming generic background music, Mega man 2 makes it more easy to listen to. Metal Man's theme? Totally rave inducing. Flash Man's theme? Sounds too jazzy for a guy who STOPS TIME. 8/10
Originality: wut. It's the 2nd MM, the greatest in the series by most. (I prefer 3, tho.) Plus, considering music in video games weren't big then, it's pretty original compared to most NES games. 9/10
Diversity: Damn right there's diversity, though Wily's stage had a few themes for it's entire castle. 8/10
Nostalgia Value: I always get Metal Man, Flash Man, The Boss Stage or the Main title theme, and I always get excited when it comes up. 10/10, bro!
Overall: 7.75/10

Closing comments: I think Wily's Stage theme was overrated.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:58 PM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Default Im on a roll, baby

Title: ROCK-U MAN-SAN
Artist: Yasuaki Fujita (One guy and he still manages to make it sound good.)
Platform: NES, Gen, PS2, Xbox, GC
Link to download: derp
Favorite Song: Snake Man Stage

Ratings:
Fitting-in: Surprisingly, this game had a lot of kick ass BGMs, and all of them feel right at home in this game. 10/10
Originality: Before MM4 when the series began a hideous decline, 3 had another set of fantastic BGMs. 9/10
Diversity: Snake Man's pretty much the best one IMO, which sounds pretty RAVE-ish in the beginning, but Spark Man's pretty catchy too. But the Wily themes have began their decline in this game, sadly. 6/10
Nostalgia Value: Remember when the Top Man theme came up, and you were pissed to find out his weapon was useless? [insert FFFFUUUUU- image here] Otherwise, Shadow Man's 8 direction weapon comes to mind when his them shows up. Also, MM2 RM were here too, but none of their music shows up. Also, Proto Man intro you are the best flute solo ever. 10/10
Overall: 7.75/10.

Closing comments: An extended rendition of Protoman's theme shows up in the end credits. Totally worth it.