Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:15 PM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to George Jefferson Send a message via MSN to George Jefferson Send a message via Yahoo to George Jefferson Send a message via Skype™ to George Jefferson
Default Toad Man you are the worst Robot Master ever and you should be ashamed

Title: You're the worst NES Megaman Game Ever and you should be ashamed (Mega Man 4)
Artist: Minae Fujii
Yasuaki Fujita
Platform: NES, PS2, Xbox, GC
Link to download: derp returns
Favorite Song: If anything, it's that famous intro to stage or whatever it's called theme that's been in the series for awhile.

Ratings:
Fitting-in: Considering the last game's composition, some of the music feels generally out of place here. 5/10
Originality: Mega Man 4 is the start of the generic 8-bit tunes for the series, sadly. 2/10
Diversity: Sure, there are a FEW diverse songs here, but after a while of playing this game, everything sounds generic, a bad taste will leave in your mouth, and you hope the next two games Capcom will put out will be good. 6/10
Nostalgia Value: Throw this into the pile of 8-bit generic hogwash. 4/10
Overall: 4.2

Closing comments: Milk Man's Weapon - Cash Cow Buster!

If I could I would give you a 1 just for being a bad game. You are pathetic.

Last edited by George Jefferson; 02-21-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:22 PM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to George Jefferson Send a message via MSN to George Jefferson Send a message via Yahoo to George Jefferson Send a message via Skype™ to George Jefferson
Default Why did I agree to this?

Title: Mega Man 5
Artist: Mari Yamaguchi
Platform: NES, PS2, Xbox, GC
Link to download: Why would you?
Favorite Song: Don't have one for this game. Music is slowly getting staler with each installment.

Ratings:
Fitting-in: Generic themes do fit in with generic robots. 10/10
Originality: What? Capcom having originality? That's absurd! 2/10
Diversity: Yeah, after 4 Mega Man games, pretty much everything sounds the same here, bro. 2/10
Nostalgia Value: Ha ha ha, Mega Man 5 has nostalgia value? 1/10
Overall: 3/10.

Closing comments: You honestly think I'm being lazy on purpose? Listen to the first three OSTs, then 4 and 5, we'll talk about work ethics then.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:26 PM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Default Crippler, you are a poor bastard.

Gameplay and music for Mega man 6 are entirely different things. I'm not copying the standard review format for this one, just for the sole fact that if you've heard 4 and 5, you've heard 6.

4/10

Closing comments: Mega Man 6 is actually pretty good, bro.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:39 PM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Default I need a break from all this.

Title: Mega Man X
Artist: Setsuo Yamamoto
Makoto Tomozawa
Yuki Iwai
Yuko Takehara
Toshihiko Horiyama
Platform: SNES, PC, GC, PS2
Link to download: Galbadia hotel, derp.
Favorite Song: Song? How about SONGS?
Boomerang Kuwanger stage
Storm Eagle Stage
Stage Select 1

Ratings:
Fitting-in: Generally HARD ROCKING BANG YOUR HEAD themes for Flame Mammoth and Storm Eagle. I don't what to describe Kuwanger's theme, but yeah, that's pretty rocking. Armored Armadillo seems to sound like it could be in MM7 rather than X, though. 9/10
Originality: The first SNES MM game, they took full advantage of their sound and made some pretty wicked tracks not heard of on any other SNES game AS SOON AS IT WAS RELEASED MIND YOU. 10/10
Diversity: Pretty much everybody had their own style. Chill Penguin had a little xylophone here and there, Storm Eagle was ROCKING F*** YEAH BANG YOUR HEAD, Flame Mammoth was pretty unique too. 10/10
Nostalgia Value: Admit it, you have this entire OST on your iPods. 10/10
Overall: 9/10

Closing comments: Still haven't got the HADOUKEN.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:49 PM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Default Box art for an ARCADE game? Ha!

Title: Mega Man: The Power Battle
Artist: Setsuo Yamamoto
Hideki Okugawa
Platform: Arcade, PS2, GC, Xbox
Favorite Song: Shade Man's Stage

Ratings:
Fitting-in: A lot of Robot Masters from the past series don't have their original themes here, but fitting in with the theme of the game: 8/10
Originality: The original tracks of past MM games, only updated with the CPS1 hardware (Which I prefer the CPS2 ver., but more on that later.) 5/10
Diversity: 18 Robot Masters, 3 sub-bosses, and one Dr. Wily, there is a lot of hear here. 9/10
Nostalgia Value: The next arcade game is more memorable than this. 7/10
Overall: 7/10

Closing comments: Sounds exactly like what you'd hear on the SNES. :<
Old 02-20-2010, 11:59 PM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Default The CREAM of the CROP!

Title: Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
Artist: Yuki Iwai
Hideki Okugawa
Yuko Takehara
Masato Koda
Tatsuro Suzuki
Syun Nishigaki
Setsuo Yamamoto
Platform: Arcade, PS2, GC, Xbox
Favorite Song: Gemini Man Stage Mecha Dragon Stage (Wily's Fortress from MM2) Air Man's Stage Quick Man's Stage (Boss Battle theme from MM2) Shadow Man's Stage

Fitting-in: Yeah, like the last game, only it's in CPS-2 format. Which totally kicks ASS. 10/10
Originality: The CPS-2 versions sound a LOT better, more clearer, and more upbeat than their dull CPS-1 vers. 10/10
Diversity: Same as last time, only the SAVE ROLL/ACQUIRE PART/CAPTURE WILY BGMs are here from past games. (Don't know their origins, though.) 10/10
Nostalgia Value: Basically it's a re-arranged soundtrack for Mega Man fans. Only it's put to use in the game. I'd be lying if I said none of these songs were on my top 10 most played. 10/10
Overall: 10/10 (For an arcade game. :>)

Closing comments: Love this game so much. Also, beat it with Bass, you can catch a glimpse of a new robot that will appear in a certain X series. (This robot had girly hair, ring a bell anybody?)

EDIT: k I'm done for now. Why no MM8 or X2 and X3? Haven't played enough of them to memorize their tracks.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:05 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative
Default Re: "The Video Game Genre"

I lol'd throughout the whole thing, Crippler.

But I noticed that you're inaccurately averaging these. :P

MM: 9.25

MM2: 8.75

MM3: 8.75

MM4: 4.25

MM5: 3.75

MM6: 4.25 (I didn't have actual numbers for this so i just chose a number in between the scores of each rating of MM4 and MM5)

MMx: 9.75

MMtpb: 7.25

And just because I'm such a giant douche I did KoF. 6.75

Feel free to call me an ass. :P

I'll definitely be waiting for more hilarious reviews from you. xD

|thedynamicduo|
Old 02-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Lunar Lime Offline
Master Trainer

Title: Kirby- Canvas Curse
Artist: Jun Ishikawa
Platform: Nintendo DS
Link to Buy: Link
Favorite Song: Paint Panic

Ratings

Fitting-in: 8.5/10
Game is cute, fun and playful. Music isn't too serious, so it's perfect. However, the music is a bit too light. e.g Tiny Town)

Originality: 7.5/10
Hmm.. All of the music is a mix of an old Kirby game, save for a few tracks. (e.g Paint Panic) However, they're all remixed well and the new tracks are spectacular. Again, however, the remixes are a bit light, and is more like background music.

Diversity: 8/10
Kirby music was always really similar, but the addition of more serious music, like Drawcia Sorceress or even the menu music enhances the diversity of the game. However, many of the sounds used are the same.

Nostalgia Value: 10/10
Again, all of the songs are remixes, and for some reason the Kirby tunes always get stuck in my head. Definitely all of the remixes are recognizable, and the new tracks are... probably even better.

Overall: 8.5/10

Closing comments: Really cute-sounding and playful, I love it. xDD

Worth a listen, but more like background music. Just listening to it without doing anything else will get boring quickly. make sure you're doing something while listening to it. xD

Better yet, BUY THE GAME. xD It's a fun play. :P

LimeLunar: (9:39:52 PM) WHAT IS LOVE

LimeLunar: (9:39:57 PM) BABY DON'T HURT ME

Forum FFA Team CHICKEN: (9:39:59 PM) (annagorov) BABY DON'T HURT ME
Old 02-21-2010, 01:25 AM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Send a message via AIM to MYSTRY MEW Send a message via Yahoo to MYSTRY MEW
Default Re: Im on a roll, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippler View Post

Title: ROCK-U MAN-SAN
Artist: Yasuaki Fujita (One guy and he still manages to make it sound good.)
Platform: NES, Gen, PS2, Xbox, GC
Link to download: derp
Favorite Song: Snake Man Stage

Ratings:
Fitting-in: Surprisingly, this game had a lot of kick ass BGMs, and all of them feel right at home in this game. 10/10
Originality: Before MM4 when the series began a hideous decline, 3 had another set of fantastic BGMs. 9/10
Diversity: Snake Man's pretty much the best one IMO, which sounds pretty RAVE-ish in the beginning, but Spark Man's pretty catchy too. But the Wily themes have began their decline in this game, sadly. 6/10
Nostalgia Value: Remember when the Top Man theme came up, and you were pissed to find out his weapon was useless? [insert FFFFUUUUU- image here] Otherwise, Shadow Man's 8 direction weapon comes to mind when his them shows up. Also, MM2 RM were here too, but none of their music shows up. Also, Proto Man intro you are the best flute solo ever. 10/10
Overall: 7.75/10.

Closing comments: An extended rendition of Protoman's theme shows up in the end credits. Totally worth it.
Jimminy cricket. Any more mega man? XD

3566-7998-7363TradesVPPClaimsURPGLinks3137-2783-9061
Old 02-21-2010, 01:31 AM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Default Re: Im on a roll, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
I lol'd throughout the whole thing, Crippler.

But I noticed that you're inaccurately averaging these. :P

MM: 9.25

MM2: 8.75

MM3: 8.75

MM4: 4.25

MM5: 3.75

MM6: 4.25 (I didn't have actual numbers for this so i just chose a number in between the scores of each rating of MM4 and MM5)

MMx: 9.75

MMtpb: 7.25

And just because I'm such a giant douche I did KoF. 6.75

Feel free to call me an ass. :P

I'll definitely be waiting for more hilarious reviews from you. xD
I am bad at averaging, and I prefer not to use calcuators.
And your personal review of KoF, which one was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSTRY MEW View Post
Jimminy cricket. Any more mega man? XD
Maveryck Hunter and 9 are the other ones I've played to death, though with my Xbox not being able to hook up to the internet at the moment, I don't have a proper opinion of 9.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:45 AM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Send a message via AIM to MYSTRY MEW Send a message via Yahoo to MYSTRY MEW

Owait... i guess I missed an entire page of posts...
yes

3566-7998-7363TradesVPPClaimsURPGLinks3137-2783-9061
Old 02-21-2010, 01:47 AM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Oh yeah, wanna reserve Kirby Super Star/Ultra because I'm The Crippler, AND I'M AWWWWWWWESOOOOOOME.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:48 AM
Lunar Lime Offline
Master Trainer

Title: Okami
Artist: Masami Ueda (Composer), Hiroshi Yamaguchi (Composer), Akari Kaida (Composer), Rei Kondoh (Composer), Jun (Performer)
Platform: Nintendo Wii | Playstation2
Link to Buy:
Favorite Song: The Sun Rises

Ratings

Fitting-in: 10/10
I dunno, it just... works. xD The music in this game has wonderfully energetic fast songs, as well as tragic pieces that play as you view the rot that has come to what used to be a beautiful place. (e.g Cursed Shinshu Field) The game also keeps true to the setting, each peice being oriental-inspired. It all just comes together as a great soundtrack.

Originality: 9.5/10
Again, lots of points here. This is probably my favorite video game soundtrack EVAH. :D It stands out a lot due to it's GOOD-NESS.

That is all.

Diversity: 9/10
The tracks do share a bunch of instruments, but they're all used to create different sounds. No instrument is really the star in every piece, and since they all get chances to shine, it never gets boring.

All of the tracks are memorable. They sound great, and they bring back memories of the awesome game. The thing is- it's not like you remember every track. You just remember the game as a whole, and it's a lot of fun to hear it.

Overall: 9.625/10

Closing comments: Well worth $75. 5 hours of epic listening. Or, buy the game, even better. xD

Old 02-21-2010, 01:50 AM
Lunar Lime Offline
Master Trainer

I would also like to reserve Shadow of the Colossus. :3

Old 02-21-2010, 01:50 AM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Lime View Post

Title: Okami
Artist: Masami Ueda (Composer), Hiroshi Yamaguchi (Composer), Akari Kaida (Composer), Rei Kondoh (Composer), Jun (Performer)
Platform: Nintendo Wii | Playstation2
Link to Buy:
Favorite Song: The Sun Rises

Ratings

Fitting-in: 10/10
I dunno, it just... works. xD The music in this game has wonderfully energetic fast songs, as well as tragic pieces that play as you view the rot that has come to what used to be a beautiful place. (e.g Cursed Shinshu Field) The game also keeps true to the setting, each peice being oriental-inspired. It all just comes together as a great soundtrack.

Originality: 9.5/10
Again, lots of points here. This is probably my favorite video game soundtrack EVAH. :D It stands out a lot due to it's GOOD-NESS.

That is all.

Diversity: 9/10
The tracks do share a bunch of instruments, but they're all used to create different sounds. No instrument is really the star in every piece, and since they all get chances to shine, it never gets boring.

All of the tracks are memorable. They sound great, and they bring back memories of the awesome game. The thing is- it's not like you remember every track. You just remember the game as a whole, and it's a lot of fun to hear it.

Overall: 9.625/10

Closing comments: Well worth $75. 5 hours of epic listening. Or, buy the game, even better. xD
It sure is capcom around here.