Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:06 AM
MF HectoOR Offline

Default Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

i was searching but not 100% confident in answer. I'm ev training with no exp share or ev boosting items. I want to ev train my whole team so i was wondering if let say i want atk and spd on the lead pokemon, but a wild sp.atk ev pokemon is out. I would like to switch to my butterfree to ev it's sp. atk. So my question is does that mean my lead also get sp.atk evs? because i do not want that. Please let me know.

LilPoot
2450 0506 3721
Old 04-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Ali the Dark One Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via MSN to Ali the Dark One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF HectoOR View Post
i was searching but not 100% confident in answer. I'm ev training with no exp share or ev boosting items. I want to ev train my whole team so i was wondering if let say i want atk and spd on the lead pokemon, but a wild sp.atk ev pokemon is out. I would like to switch to my butterfree to ev it's sp. atk. So my question is does that mean my lead also get sp.atk evs? because i do not want that. Please let me know.
I believe that all pokemon involved in the battle gain full EVP's from the opponent after it's defeated, so, the first pokemon out would gain the EVP's as well. Though, I'm not an expert, so someone else should confirm.

My Question:

If a pokemon holding a Focus Sash (Leaves pokemon with 1HP if said pokemon is attacked while at full health) uses an attack that makes it faint (e.g. Explosion, Self-Destruct, Memento, etc.) while at full health, will that pokemon still faint or would they be left with 1HP?

~Ali the Dark One~
Old 04-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF HectoOR View Post
You only get the EV's if for example you have a Exp. Share attached.

This guide may help you out with EV training.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Mr Awesome Offline
New Trainer

Does anyone want to be super awesome and trade my Haunter then trade it back so I have a Gengar?
Old 04-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali the Dark One View Post
My Question:

If a pokemon holding a Focus Sash (Leaves pokemon with 1HP if said pokemon is attacked while at full health) uses an attack that makes it faint (e.g. Explosion, Self-Destruct, Memento, etc.) while at full health, will that pokemon still faint or would they be left with 1HP?

~Ali the Dark One~
yes, it will faint.

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 04-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya Offline

Red face Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

I caught all the Unowns A-Z. My strategy guide says that after I accomplish that, the "?" Unown and "!" Unown should appear at the enterance to the ruins. They have not appeared. Do I have to collect the treasures in the last two puzzle rooms before they'll appear? I'm frustrated.
Formerly Sith_Lord_Darth_Krushya. I turned to the light side so I could be of better use to the community. I'm a Jedi Knight. My character's name is Goen-Tog Etya. First name, Goen-Tog (pronounced: Go-in, Tahg.) Last name Etya, (pronounced, et-yah). Play on words for "goin' ta get ya." You can either call me "Goen-Tog" or "Master Etya." LOL. Have a nice day.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Lord_Darth_Krushya View Post
I caught all the Unowns A-Z. My strategy guide says that after I accomplish that, the "?" Unown and "!" Unown should appear at the enterance to the ruins. They have not appeared. Do I have to collect the treasures in the last two puzzle rooms before they'll appear? I'm frustrated.
Yes. You have to explore the back rooms for the items, then go talk to the researcher or something similar along those lines. ? and ! appear in the ruin entrance after you inspect the back panel, leave, then go back in again. I think.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Vanity Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Vanity

How do I wake up Snorlax?

B/W Team | VPP
Icon made by Mizuki Emi
Old 04-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
How do I wake up Snorlax?
Talk to the older man at the Radio Station in Lavender Town. He should give you the Expansion Card for your radio, which allows you to tune into the Poke Flute station. Use it when you're next to Snorlax; it will wake up and attack.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:11 AM
Vanity Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post

Talk to the older man at the Radio Station in Lavender Town. He should give you the Expansion Card for your radio, which allows you to tune into the Poke Flute station. Use it when you're next to Snorlax; it will wake up and attack.
Alright thanks, I caught it. :)

I have decided to start again, I'm trading off my worthwhile Pokemon - Scizor, Ho-oh, Snorlax, etc.

I didn't have a Johto team I was dedicated to enough so it seems impossible to beat the Kanto leaders.

B/W Team | VPP
Icon made by Mizuki Emi
Old 04-06-2010, 02:53 AM
Diazanite Offline

uhh...is it normal for a focus banded gengar to survive 3 blows at 1 hp by a lv 41 kingdra when its lvl 31? cuz this is really awesome but...wierd at the same time..
Black IGN: Grant FC: idk if there is one...>.<
Old 04-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Vanity Offline
Master Trainer

I'm losing the drive to play this game.

Somebody give me a reason, or some sort of push to play the game.

B/W Team | VPP
Icon made by Mizuki Emi
Old 04-08-2010, 12:10 AM
jsms1095 Offline

Can I restart my game and still use my pokewalker? I've looked around, but all the info seems to conflict. I didn't catch Sudowoodo in the beginning, and now I want it. If I can't reset my pokewalker to my new game, I don't want to start over.

Thanks,

Janet
Old 04-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsms1095 View Post
Can I restart my game and still use my pokewalker? I've looked around, but all the info seems to conflict. I didn't catch Sudowoodo in the beginning, and now I want it. If I can't reset my pokewalker to my new game, I don't want to start over.

Thanks,

Janet
I read somewhere in my manual that it is possible to reset your PKWLKR to your game if you happen to restart the game.

Pokérus Empire
Old 04-12-2010, 09:54 AM
androidspud Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsms1095 View Post

Thanks,

Janet
i had the same problem but sudowoodo reapeared later on, i think once you beat the elite four it'll come back.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoul...ractable.shtml

it only says it will happen with snorlax here, but it DID happen in my game and i was able to go back and catch sudowoodo. took me by surprise to find him blocking the road again, considering i think i made him faint or was dumb enough to try running from it. although in my defence i slept very little when i first got the game and probably wasn't thinking straight lol