Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default An idea...yes, it involves manga.

As you can see from the title, I have an idea! Oh, wow, Gem coming up with an idea, you say! Yes, I know. It happens. XD

So I have this idea which I've mentioned to a few people. It's neither Pokemon nor fan-fiction, so I wonder if I can still post it in Other: Fan-Fiction, but it's not exactly a fic, either. It's...a manga! So maybe in the art section? I've been working around the idea of a manga in my head, and I think I really want to do this. c:

I got my inspiration from several places, but it's not based off any of them. xD I guess it's a story I could publish one day, but I'm too lazy so I don't care if it's posted here or not. It invloves elves. Well, elves and animals.

See, certain elves have been 'tainted' by animal DNA. *nospoilers* So these animal elves - yeah, I've yet to think up a good name =x - are rejected from society because of their bondage. Elves have always loved nature, but bonding with animals was too far. These certain bonded elves can either take some parts of their respective animal (each elf can only bond with one animal) like a tail, ears, or claws as enhancement, or turn into their animal form - but only in certain situations. Interesting, huh?

The story follows the life of two brothers, Diaruga and Yami. And I know Diaruga is Japanese for Dialga but I SWEAR I didn't know when I thought of the name. ^^' Not my fault. Yami isn't actually his real name, either, but that's part of the story so I won't spoil it. Yami is convinced that bad luck follows him around wherever he goes due to an incident that happened years ago to his brother.

Anyway I'm just throwing this out here. xD Any suggestions or comments? Would you like to see a manga from me? Where would I put it if I did, considering it's neither art nor fiction...nor fan-fiction. Tricky, eh? xD

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 04-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Team_Edward019 Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: An idea...yes, it involves manga.

thats a really cool idea Gem, i'll look forward to this...

OMIGAWSHWARNINGWTH
The Pokemon Elemental Forums suck; don't go there.
They have an irresponsible, unreliable Admin, and two power
hungry moderators that will ban you if you say anything
that's even a smidgen not to their liking.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
Gakupo Luka
♥~Paired To The Epic Peace Buyer~♥
Old 04-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Well, that's definitely an interesting idea, but what would the plot be about? =O

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 04-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Well, that's definitely an interesting idea, but what would the plot be about? =O
See now that...is my little secret. XD I didn't wanna spoil too much about it, so it's kinda low profile until further notice. =x *shot*

But I did realise we don't have any mangas here, so it would be really fun to see what happens. Maybe I could do a trial run?

Links
Old 04-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
See now that...is my little secret. XD I didn't wanna spoil too much about it, so it's kinda low profile until further notice. =x *shot*

But I did realise we don't have any mangas here, so it would be really fun to see what happens. Maybe I could do a trial run?
Well sure! xD *has always wanted to draw manga* But I can't comment too much on it without having a clue of what it's going to be about!

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 04-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Scytherwolf Offline

I think it's an interesting idea. As for where to post it, I'd say the art section. ^^

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 04-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Pokol DaErran Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
So these animal elves - yeah, I've yet to think up a good name =x - are rejected from society because of their bondage.
Okay, then. o-o

Seriously, though, sounds like a cool idea.
And I think a manga should really be able to pass as art.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Ooooo, great idea! :D I'd love to read it!

I agree with Scy, though. I'd make sense in my mind if it was placed in the Art boards, but it'd be cool here, too. ^^

Can I throw an idea at you? Maybe you could call these animal elves sprites. Back in my childhood, I came up with the idea of a race (though not elf-like), that had animal features in thier physical appearance, and could change into one animal of thier choosing at any moment. So when I read this, I was all like "SPRITES! YAY!" :D In mythology, sprites were kind of like elves or spirits of the forest, so it'd work for this kind of story, yeah?

But anyway, I'm way excited to see this! ^^

Old 04-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

I know, sorry, Lusy. xD You'll just have to wait like the rest of 'em.

And thanks, Scy. Yeah, I'm starting to think I'll post it in the art section then maybe link it back to the fic section, too.

Pokol...NO PICKING ON ME FOR USING BONDAGE. I already had one comment about that. xD

Thanks, Charmander! =3 I was thinking over that sprite idea for a while (yeah I did read all this but when I posted my net cut out) but I didn't want to copy someone else's idea. A couple of days ago I thought of a really good idea. I love Japanese translators. xD

The word 'saiken' means 'bond' in Japanese so I decided to call my race Saiken. c: Let's see if I can post some of what I wrote in a word document...

Quote:
Manga Name: Saiken Void (lit. meaning 'invalid bond')

World: TBD

Species so far:
Elves
Saiken
Humans
Animals

The Guzai Crusada:
The ‘Rebirth (cleansing) Crusade’ is a festival known amongst all the elves. It tells of a time of rebirth, celebrating the extinction of the Saiken (lit. ‘bond’) – elves that have bonded with animal DNA.

Saiken:
Certain elves that have bonded with animal DNA are called ‘Saiken’ which translates to ‘bond’. Elves can only bond with a chosen animal, meaning only one animal can be imprinted on a specific elf’s soul. An imprint is undertaken when an elf’s soul comes in contact with an animal form.

When the two kin – both animal and elf – understand each other so completely, an imprint is made into both recipients’ souls, causing them to bond. The imprint is not visible to the naked eye, but can be seen using a special technique; those that have the soul-seeing power, Hiakukon. This bondage then causes the animal to die, leaving its mark on the elf it imprinted upon.

Since the Guzai Crusada, Saiken were thought to be extinct. This is however proved to be false. The Saiken still live, and are still in hiding, watching their foes closely from within.

(I shortened it because it was so long xD)

Ability: The soul-seeing ability; Hiakukon (Hiaku)
Known as the soul-seeing ability, those possessing the hiakukon can see the imprints on a Saiken’s soul. The hiaku is a passive ability, meaning it is always active.

Saiken Hunters:
Those who track the Saiken are called Saiken Hunters. These hunters often work solo and reap the benefits – should they ever catch a Saiken. Not many hunters have the Hiakukon ability, but those who do are something to be feared.

Main Characters: (Still in progress)

Diaruga Akume (Dee-ah-roo-gah Ah-koo-may)

Yami Akume (Yah-mee Ah-koo-may)

Aisu Kiarago (Eye-soo Kee-ah-rah-go)

Hazaki Kyouto (Hah-zah-kee K-yoo-toe)

Zetsuya ‘Axel’ Azarii (Zet-soo-yah Ax-el Ah-zah-ree)

Kurichi Mitsuda (Koo-ree-chee Mit-soo-duh)

Sasune Ichiharu (Sah-soo-nay Ee-chee-hah-roo)
That's pretty much what I have so far. My fav charries right now are Zetsuya and Hazaki. I love their bond. It's hilarious. XD

Links
Old 04-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

I'd rule that traditional manga in the form of a graphic novel is OK here or the art section, but sprite comics need to stay in the arts section.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
I'd rule that traditional manga in the form of a graphic novel is OK here or the art section, but sprite comics need to stay in the arts section.
Thanks, Kenny. Good thing this has no sprites whatsoever. xD

Links
Old 04-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Gemma-san is writing a manga~ I SHALL READ IT! I like the idea; sounds interesting :P
Old 04-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Oh, awesome! I like that name a whole bunch better. This is gonna be epic, Gem! Can't wait! ^^

Old 04-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal sonic View Post
Gemma-san is writing a manga~ I SHALL READ IT! I like the idea; sounds interesting :P
Oh god, yes. XD That's the first time anyone's called me san. Sounds good.

I'll see what I can do about the first chapter...wait, chapters will take too long. Maybe I should do it page by page? I'm not sure if I should use either Photoshop, or just hand draw it. Photoshop has many cool effects, though.

And thank you, Charmander. =3 I can't wait till I actually think of a first chapter! xD *is slow*

Links