Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 05-17-2010, 01:57 AM
Akai Shizuku's Avatar
Akai Shizuku Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere, beyond the sea...
Posts: 3,301
Default Re: The [F]ree [D]emocratic [T]rainers' [S]ociety - Now recruiting!

Sorry for not responding earlier, Camerupt. I was having some lag issues and I can battle whenever. I'll add your FC now.
__________________
BLACK FC: 3912 1708 6632
PEARL FC: 1936 4860 9224

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 05-17-2010, 02:36 AM
Red X's Avatar
Red X Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The X cave
Posts: 661
Default Re: The [F]ree [D]emocratic [T]rainers' [S]ociety - Now recruiting!

Here is my fc 2277 7720 5016
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 05-17-2010, 02:39 AM
Akai Shizuku's Avatar
Akai Shizuku Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere, beyond the sea...
Posts: 3,301
Default Re: The [F]ree [D]emocratic [T]rainers' [S]ociety - Now recruiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X View Post
Here is my fc 2277 7720 5016
Gotcha, adding that up now. Want to have a free battle, no rules or regulations?
__________________
BLACK FC: 3912 1708 6632
PEARL FC: 1936 4860 9224

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 05-17-2010, 03:20 AM
Red X's Avatar
Red X Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The X cave
Posts: 661
Default Re: The [F]ree [D]emocratic [T]rainers' [S]ociety - Now recruiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Shizuku View Post
Gotcha, adding that up now. Want to have a free battle, no rules or regulations?
Not now, working on a new team.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 05-17-2010, 03:21 AM
Akai Shizuku's Avatar
Akai Shizuku Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere, beyond the sea...
Posts: 3,301
Default Re: The [F]ree [D]emocratic [T]rainers' [S]ociety - Now recruiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X View Post
Not now, working on a new team.
Sure, no problem.

I'm ready to battle anyone else who's ready.
__________________
BLACK FC: 3912 1708 6632
PEARL FC: 1936 4860 9224

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 05-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: The [F]ree [D]emocratic [T]rainers' [S]ociety - Now recruiting!

Name: BlueJello
Friend Code(s): TBA
Reason(s) for joining: I want to see where this takes me. Maybe I'll feel differently about it.
Level of desu contributed: So far, none. But lots of desu will come.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:00 PM
Akai Shizuku's Avatar
Akai Shizuku Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere, beyond the sea...
Posts: 3,301
Default Re: The [F]ree [D]emocratic [T]rainers' [S]ociety - Now recruiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Name: BlueJello
Friend Code(s): TBA
Reason(s) for joining: I want to see where this takes me. Maybe I'll feel differently about it.
Level of desu contributed: So far, none. But lots of desu will come.
Gotcha, welcome in, I'll add you to the member roster.
__________________
BLACK FC: 3912 1708 6632
PEARL FC: 1936 4860 9224

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: The [F]ree [D]emocratic [T]rainers' [S]ociety - Now recruiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Shizuku View Post
Gotcha, welcome in, I'll add you to the member roster.
Awesome. I'll probably have to go out and catch some legit Pokemon, seeing as I released most when I SAV'd my competitive team. However, I kept my special ones, including my:

Bayleef
Spiky Eared Pichu
Legit Shiny Oddish (FR Random encounter!)
Legit Shiny Lugia (SS Soft reset .-.)
Event Shiny Pichu
Shiny Poliwag o3o

And lots of other stuff. :o
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Akai Shizuku's Avatar
Akai Shizuku Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere, beyond the sea...
Posts: 3,301
Default Re: The [F]ree [D]emocratic [T]rainers' [S]ociety - Now recruiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Awesome. I'll probably have to go out and catch some legit Pokemon, seeing as I released most when I SAV'd my competitive team. However, I kept my special ones, including my:

Bayleef
Spiky Eared Pichu
Legit Shiny Oddish (FR Random encounter!)
Legit Shiny Lugia (SS Soft reset .-.)
Event Shiny Pichu
Shiny Poliwag o3o

And lots of other stuff. :o
Ah. Well, you're allowed to use hacks here but only on the condition that your opponent is aware and consenting. I do strongly encourage the use of 100% legit Pokemon, not just for legitimacy's sake but so we can post battle videos.
__________________
BLACK FC: 3912 1708 6632
PEARL FC: 1936 4860 9224

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:07 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: The [F]ree [D]emocratic [T]rainers' [S]ociety - Now recruiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Shizuku View Post
Ah. Well, you're allowed to use hacks here but only on the condition that your opponent is aware and consenting. I do strongly encourage the use of 100% legit Pokemon, not just for legitimacy's sake but so we can post battle videos.
It's no problem, I wasn't planning on using my hacks anyway. x3

Although, this'll probably be really old for me. I've kinda been absorbed into competitive battling. I'm still into it though, it's fun. o3o

And using my Spiky Eared Pichu will be tough. <3
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Akai Shizuku's Avatar
Akai Shizuku Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere, beyond the sea...
Posts: 3,301
Default Re: The [F]ree [D]emocratic [T]rainers' [S]ociety - Now recruiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
It's no problem, I wasn't planning on using my hacks anyway. x3

Although, this'll probably be really old for me. I've kinda been absorbed into competitive battling. I'm still into it though, it's fun. o3o

And using my Spiky Eared Pichu will be tough. <3
Actually, I tried taking my Spiky-Eared Pichu on Wi-Fi, it wouldn't work.

Pikachu-Colored Pichu works though. Keep mind mind, we don't disregard strategy here, but we just kind of break away from the standard model and do our own thing, try to make up our own strategies. It's a lot of fun coming up with creative ideas.
__________________
BLACK FC: 3912 1708 6632
PEARL FC: 1936 4860 9224

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: The [F]ree [D]emocratic [T]rainers' [S]ociety - Now recruiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Shizuku View Post
Actually, I tried taking my Spiky-Eared Pichu on Wi-Fi, it wouldn't work.
Really? I saw a video of it on Youtube. Hmm. I might try it out sometime. She's one of my favourite Pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Shizuku View Post
Pikachu-Colored Pichu works though. Keep mind mind, we don't disregard strategy here, but we just kind of break away from the standard model and do our own thing, try to make up our own strategies. It's a lot of fun coming up with creative ideas.
Question: Do you still EV train, but just not towards Smogon's sets? Because I have made many Pokemon sets not of Smogon standard.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Akai Shizuku's Avatar
Akai Shizuku Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere, beyond the sea...
Posts: 3,301
Default Re: The [F]ree [D]emocratic [T]rainers' [S]ociety - Now recruiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Really? I saw a video of it on Youtube. Hmm. I might try it out sometime. She's one of my favourite Pokemon.
I know, I really like mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Question: Do you still EV train, but just not towards Smogon's sets? Because I have made many Pokemon sets not of Smogon standard.
Yes. I do EV train, but I do it my way, and in accordance to the types of strategies I want to play.
__________________
BLACK FC: 3912 1708 6632
PEARL FC: 1936 4860 9224

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: The [F]ree [D]emocratic [T]rainers' [S]ociety - Now recruiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Shizuku View Post
I know, I really like mine.
I'm not sure why Game Freak doesn't want it, the Rotom, Shaymin or Giratina formes on Wifi. I guess they just want to be awkward. Although it's probably compatability reasons. :S



Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Shizuku View Post
Yes. I do EV train, but I do it my way, and in accordance to the types of strategies I want to play.
Ah, interesting. I was under the impression that you just battled Pokemon willy-nilly. Hmm.

Are natures or IVs important to you?
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 05-19-2010, 01:32 AM
Akai Shizuku's Avatar
Akai Shizuku Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere, beyond the sea...
Posts: 3,301
Default Re: The [F]ree [D]emocratic [T]rainers' [S]ociety - Now recruiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
I'm not sure why Game Freak doesn't want it, the Rotom, Shaymin or Giratina formes on Wifi. I guess they just want to be awkward. Although it's probably compatability reasons. :S
Compatibility? I was about to ask "why", but then I realized that Diamond and Pearl might not be able to process some of the same things Platinum and HG/SS can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Ah, interesting. I was under the impression that you just battled Pokemon willy-nilly. Hmm.

Are natures or IVs important to you?
Natures usually, IVs sometimes. For instance, when it comes to natures I differ from Smogon in that I believe neutral natures have some merit. For some Pokemon, every single stat is important. This may hold true for Pokemon like Dragonite, Empoleon, and others, who are capable of fulfilling numerous different roles and sometimes more than one at the same time. For Pokemon like this, you might not want the stat drop that many natures can give. Of course, it also depends on strategy. Additionally, if I get a Pokemon with a nature that isn't perfect but isn't necessarily bad, I might use it. This holds true for my Froslass, who has a Hardy nature. I would have preferred Timid, or perhaps Modest. However, if I feel like it someday I can take EVs from something else and put them into Attack, since Froslass can use physical moves capably just as well as special. This might give my opponent a rather hilarious surprise when their Snorlax rests and my Froslass smacks them in the face with a super-effective Wake-Up Slap.

IVs are kind of important to me, but I won't stress over them. If someone offers to breed a Pokemon for me, I'll ask for high IVs. But I won't spend hours doing frustrating IV breeding, that to me just kills the fun of the game. Everyone complains about EV training but I don't see how bad it is...but that's probably because I've got Pokerus on all my Pokemon, which effectively cuts EV training time in half.
__________________
BLACK FC: 3912 1708 6632
PEARL FC: 1936 4860 9224

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com