Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:38 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Case in point, there WILL NOT be a light type... at least, I seriously doubt the existence of a light-type Pokemon.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Khajmer comes bearing news: Chick from Pokemon Sunday accidentally slipped that Zekrom is Dragon/Electric.
Looks like someones gonna be recently unemployed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardy View Post
Furthers my theory of Zekrom not being a real Pokémon but moreso a man made machine.
Awesome.
Hahahahaha xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
Case in point, there WILL NOT be a light type... at least, I seriously doubt the existence of a light-type Pokemon.
I wouldn't count light out just yet.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:57 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by black fury View Post
But still not confirmed.
Dragon/electric would be good. Finally, the first of his kind.
Dragon/ice for Reshiram would be nice. I've liked a dragon/ice type.
Also, i hope they make a legendary bug or a legendary poison type.
We have enough legendary fires,
legendary waters,
legendary thunders
legendary flyings,
BUT NO FREAKING BUG OR POISON.
We haven't had Legendary Fighting either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Ron View Post
I wouldn't count light out just yet.
I would. There is no need for a light-type and the types are reasonably evenly matched.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Khajmer comes bearing news: Chick from Pokemon Sunday accidentally slipped that Zekrom is Dragon/Electric.

Keep in mind it is only a rumor. She could easily have been mistaken - it's happened before. Until Serebii officially confirms it, I'm taking it with a grain of salt ;)
Old 06-01-2010, 04:20 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Or Poke Beach ;)

That would be rather strange if he was half electric, though... He doesn't look like the type. (uh... pun?) I'd accept steel or dark but electric? Hmm, I must think this over.... Still, I wouldn't complain for a Dragon/Electric type xD

Old 06-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Necromancer Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Or Poke Beach ;)

That would be rather strange if he was half electric, though... He doesn't look like the type. (uh... pun?) I'd accept steel or dark but electric? Hmm, I must think this over.... Still, I wouldn't complain for a Dragon/Electric type xD
Well, its half machine, and it runs on...TADAH!! Electricity!
That would be the case when it indeed is a machine and its electric type.

It would be awesome if someone could get me a signature made.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:28 PM

They have never released a pure Ground legendary either, they need to get around to doing that.

Anyway, I have some logic onto why there wouldn't be a light type. Psychic is considered 'light'. Another thing, notice how its eyes are blue? I am guessing that it will be an ice type. Pokemon is a little too far into the game to be releasing new types into the Pokemon world. I mean, what are they going to say in Pokemon when they release a Light-Type into the show.

"Wow, I have never heard of a light-type Pokemon!" Ash exclaimed.

"Well, they have never been sighted anywhere except here in [Whatever new region is opened up]!"

And another thing, if you all are hoping for a light-type Pokemon, that means a new format for the Pokemon game. If a new format is released and the game engine will have to take into factor that a light-type exists. There will be little chance of tradeability (I know that isn't a word) with the other D.S games. So, you either leave your other Pokemon on the other game, or not have a light-type and accept that psychic is the light in Pokemon.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:41 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
They have never released a pure Ground legendary either, they need to get around to doing that.

Anyway, I have some logic onto why there wouldn't be a light type. Psychic is considered 'light'. Another thing, notice how its eyes are blue? I am guessing that it will be an ice type. Pokemon is a little too far into the game to be releasing new types into the Pokemon world. I mean, what are they going to say in Pokemon when they release a Light-Type into the show.

"Wow, I have never heard of a light-type Pokemon!" Ash exclaimed.

"Well, they have never been sighted anywhere except here in [Whatever new region is opened up]!"

And another thing, if you all are hoping for a light-type Pokemon, that means a new format for the Pokemon game. If a new format is released and the game engine will have to take into factor that a light-type exists. There will be little chance of tradeability (I know that isn't a word) with the other D.S games. So, you either leave your other Pokemon on the other game, or not have a light-type and accept that psychic is the light in Pokemon.
Isshu is the name of the region, iirc.

And I wouldn't rule out Pokemon being that weird. Like I said last time:

'Wow, all of a sudden Magnemite is made of STEEL?! Never!'

So... yeah. Pokemon is quite illogical.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:22 PM

The only reason they changed Magnemite to steel was because steel actually existed. Light does not, and that would take way too much planning, programming, and time. Pokemon are constantly being cranked out and as of yet, I can't see how they would add light-type moves in the small time span of a year. Writing, drawing, and animating is a long art, believe me, I am a movie director for Youtube.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Altrius Offline

Couldn't care less if they bring out a Light, Gay or even pebble type.

I just want a Bug Legendary pokemon :>
Old 06-01-2010, 04:33 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
The only reason they changed Magnemite to steel was because steel actually existed. Light does not, and that would take way too much planning, programming, and time. Pokemon are constantly being cranked out and as of yet, I can't see how they would add light-type moves in the small time span of a year. Writing, drawing, and animating is a long art, believe me, I am a movie director for Youtube.
... what? Light actually exists. x.x

I don't actually get your point in this whole thing. I know writing, drawing and animating take long, but you're acting like adding Light-type into the game is going to take ages - if they can create loads of new Pokemon, towns, items (probably) and everything in a year, I don't see how you can say a new type would take ages.

Also, they'll have a whole team working on something, not one person, so it'll be quicker than what you'd be able to do.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:33 PM

If they bring out new types, the game and show will get more confusing. Over 500 Pokemon really makes my brain hurt. But another type as well. I wouldn't be surprised if you read a news article that said, "Man's head has exploded in flames!"
Old 06-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless

Honestly adding a Light type would not be that hard at all. And I'm saying this even though I STRONGLY believe that they are NOT going to add them.

I would guess that a lot of protection-type moves would become light-type, such as Reflect and Light Screen (both of their descriptions say they create a barrier of light) as well as possibly Heal Bell and Safeguard, and maybe Morning Sun+Moonlight. Helping Hand is also a Light-ish move.. I'd imagine a lot of the protection/help teammates/happyjoyjoy-themed moves could make the switch.

New attacking moves could be made easily (I'm assuming they're adding new moves anyways, and Dark and Steel didn't have many moves when they were first released anyways). There are already some that sound light-type, like Luster Purge, but I don't think they'd want to mess up it being a STAB for Latios, unless the Lati twins switched to Light/Dragon instead of Psychic/Dragon, but I don't believe they would change legendaries like that.

Perhaps some of the cute fairy egg group Pokemon would make the type switch, like Blissey and maybe the Togepi-line who are always described as being incredibly helpful and good-natured.

I'd assume Light would take the place of normal for Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss and it might be a dual-type for Blissey (Normal/Light).

Other candidates include the Gardevoir line (Gardevoir and its preevos are always described as being very caring and emotionally sensitive to their trainer, Gardevoir even being willing to sacrifice its life for him/her)..

That being said, I do NOT think that Light will become a type, and I don't really want it to, either. Psychic sort of fits that niche right now with it sort of representing "Powers used for good" or w/e with Dark being, well, Dark. Psychic is Light and is also Neutral.

Also, what does a "Light" type look like? Ethereal (like Ghost?), angelic? Is it just made with a lot of white coloration? I think if there were a lot of them we'd get really bored of it, as it's a concept that doesn't seem to lend itself as much to creativity like the other types.. And the concept isn't that mixable. Like, I can't imagine a Light/Rock Pokemon, would it be a giant scary rock angel? Or Light/Grass, the angel plant! Unless the grass Pokemon was highly anthropomorphic like Roserade, I can't see that happening.

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?
Old 06-01-2010, 05:11 PM

The way you are phrasing all of this, it would be like destroying psychic-type and normal-type Pokemon. They would have to come up with some new originals.

No, I meant light-type, not light as in Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet thing.

I do not work on my animations all alone. I have about 5 people working on voices, two people on animation, 7 people on ideas, and around 29 (my class) on retard inspiration (lol).

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 06-01-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless

Adding another type to a Pokemon doesn't mean "destroying" the other type.

Magnemite is still Electric-type even though it became Electric/Steel, and Blissey would still be normal type if it became Normal/Light.

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?