Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

No, the type. Not the Pokemon lol... just joshing you.

Anyway, the way you phrased it, it would be like moving all the moves from another type to light.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Altrius Offline

Forget this rubbish. Your both missing the bigger picture.

We Need A Bug Legendary :3
Old 06-01-2010, 05:42 PM

Dude, I will so get working on that! Cuz you know, I am the lead designer for Pokemon!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Blitzkrieg Offline
Amateur Trainer

Things Black and White needs to have:
  • No more goofy looking Pokemon
  • Better Pokemon
  • A serious antagonist you can actually despise, whether it be a badass rival or another Giovanni
  • A better format and deeper story than "o hay defeat 8 gyms and then pokemon league"
  • More memorable gyms and towns
  • A better world
  • Gym leaders who have actual story, goals, and personality. They also show up multiple times in the story
  • A rival team that doesn't suck
  • No more Contest/dress up crap, this isn't Hello Kitty Dress Up Tea Party
Old 06-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
  • Better Pokemon
  • A serious antagonist you can actually despise, whether it be a badass rival or another Giovanni
  • A better format and deeper story than "o hay defeat 8 gyms and then pokemon league"
  • A better world
  • Gym leaders who have actual story, goals, and personality. They also show up multiple times in the story
You know it won't happen though. Little kids don't care about change; and why take the time to make a new plot? Once their sales go down, then they'll make it better.
I think what people don't understand is that Gamefreak has the full ability to make an amazing game as far as pokemon goes, but they don't because it would hurt the longevity of the game series. They want to milk this old plot until it's dry, then pull out something new.
That, and they're not going to make the in-game battles harder because little kids like to win with their legendaries.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:20 PM

I do hate the contests, I will give him that lol.

Yeah, sadly, most film and game companies do the milking routine...
Old 06-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Altrius Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick View Post
You know it won't happen though. Little kids don't care about change; and why take the time to make a new plot? Once their sales go down, then they'll make it better.
I think what people don't understand is that Gamefreak has the full ability to make an amazing game as far as pokemon goes, but they don't because it would hurt the longevity of the game series. They want to milk this old plot until it's dry, then pull out something new.
That, and they're not going to make the in-game battles harder because little kids like to win with their legendaries.

"Mommy daddy! Look I beat the game with a full team of legendaries! I'm awesome daddy! Giratina one shots everything, this game is so easy!"
._.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:25 PM
nobartholem Offline
Amateur Trainer

Try beating the elite 4 with sunkerns little timmy

My Party:

Old 06-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
  • Better Pokemon
  • A better world
I agree that I mean, when they're making a new game it's going to be drab but new so people will buy it because it will have the 150 new mons or so and it will be what everyone is using so, they honestly don't have to.

It would be very nice though. But I guess, almost contradicting myself, if they did make it all new and exciting and amazing it would be hard to keep producing more good stuff like it because then everyone would expect much more.

Also, the contests aren't mandatory in any way and sometimes they can be a nice diversion for ten minutes or so, so there's no sense in complaining about them really.

Waruvial 2177
Old 06-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
They have never released a pure Ground legendary either, they need to get around to doing that.

Groudon, my friend.

You know what? I'm just going to say this on the Light type debate; never rule out a new type. Nintendo will eventually add something new when the formula gets old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations
Yeah, sadly, most film and game companies do the milking routine...
Heh, or some game companies (like SEGA) are trying to find something that pleases old fans and new fans alike. It isn't always easy, especially since old fans tend to be like "OMG THEY CHANGED THE COLOR OF THE TREE I HATE THIS GAME" 0o'

It's fans like those that...Well...Sometimes I want to shove a game cartridge down their throat XD
Old 06-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

I'm just hoping that the plot will have lots of dark elements to it, like Colosseum translated into the main games. >:3 (like one of the bad guy cronies punching the lights out of a good guy)And yeah, I'm with Blitzkrieg on the good rival/bad guy. Cyrus had some things going for him, but I'd like to see it go further, have a really interesting and ebil bad guy. And I'd like to see a well-developed plot as well; Gym hopping is fun but I'm a sucker for good stories. :3

And I don't see what's wrong with them adding a new type. Could mean a new Eeveelution :D

But I'm still trying to figure it out; if Zekrom is going to be part Electric, and assuming that there might not be a light type afterall, what could Reshiram be? Someone said Ice before, and that'd be cool, but what else could it be? Hmm, I wonder if it'll be normal... a normal dragon... Uh.... hopefully not (and hopefully not flying either). ^^'

Last edited by Charmander009; 06-01-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
I'm just hoping that the plot will have lots of dark elements to it, like Colosseum translated into the main games. >:3 (like one of the bad guy cronies punching the lights out of a good guy)And yeah, I'm with Blitzkrieg on the good rival/bad guy. Cyrus had some things going for him, but I'd like to see it go further, have a really interesting and ebil bad guy. And I'd like to see a well-developed plot as well; Gym hopping is fun but I'm a sucker for good stories. :3

And I don't see what's wrong with them adding a new type. Could mean a new Eeveelution :D

But I'm still trying to figure it out; if Zekrom is going to be part Electric, and assuming that there might not be a light type afterall, what could Reshiram be? Someone said Ice before, and that'd be cool, but what else could it be? Hmm, I wonder if it'll be normal... a normal dragon... Uh.... hopefully not (and hopefully not flying either). ^^'
One could guess water i suppose. But I'm feeling ice if Zekrom is in fact electric, ice seems like a kind of off type that you wouldn't expect.

Also, I honestly would like to see some more dark stuff, but no shadow mons please. They can feel free to do that in a side game but I really don't want shadows in the main.

Waruvial 2177
Old 06-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Marshmallow Pope Offline
Banned

Wink Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
One could guess water i suppose. But I'm feeling ice if Zekrom is in fact electric, ice seems like a kind of off type that you wouldn't expect.

Also, I honestly would like to see some more dark stuff, but no shadow mons please. They can feel free to do that in a side game but I really don't want shadows in the main.
Most likely it's going to be based on Light and Dark since, well, there's hardly anything to base legendaries off of! Although they could make an Omega Pokemon to rival Arceus. Honestly I'm hoping to see some unique combinations and good lookin' Pokemon. So far they have some sexay Pokemon (except for Tsujaja, how's that supposed to be a snake?). I'm hoping to see some sort of Fire/Water combination like a Cauldron Pokemon, now that'd be cool.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:58 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow Pope View Post
Most likely it's going to be based on Light and Dark since, well, there's hardly anything to base legendaries off of! Although they could make an Omega Pokemon to rival Arceus. Honestly I'm hoping to see some unique combinations and good lookin' Pokemon. So far they have some sexay Pokemon (except for Tsujaja, how's that supposed to be a snake?). I'm hoping to see some sort of Fire/Water combination like a Cauldron Pokemon, now that'd be cool.
Now Fire/Grass would be cool too. Burning bush ftw. There have yet to be some other hightly unlikely but cool ones, like Electric/Ground, Steel/Poison, Psychic/Dark (Dark Lugia hacks don't count), or even Ghost/Fighting.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Marshmallow Pope Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
Now Fire/Grass would be cool too. Burning bush ftw. There have yet to be some other hightly unlikely but cool ones, like Electric/Ground, Steel/Poison, Psychic/Dark (Dark Lugia hacks don't count), or even Ghost/Fighting.
They could make a Dragon/Rock Gargoyle Pokemon. It'd actually fit with those Gotham City buildings in B/W.