Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #601  
Old 06-03-2010, 12:23 AM
pkmnrulz's Avatar
pkmnrulz Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NYC derp
Posts: 326
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

if, i only say if they do make light type i think light will be super effective on dark while dark is super against light too.
__________________
Pokemon stuff

->top16 vgc2012 New jersey
->6th place vgc 2012 Rhode Island
->Highest rated american on random match-ups double!!!
Reply With Quote
  #602  
Old 06-03-2010, 12:25 AM
NTT's Avatar
NTT Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 190
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow Pope View Post
I actually have a feeling that they are going to introduce a "Light" type. And why? Well first they're hiding the types of the newly introduced legendaries. Second the Steel type is only s-effective against rock while Dark is only KOed by Fighting so putting in a Light type can balance out those two types. Have steel s-effective against Light while Light is s-effective against Dark.

I R Smart.
I doubt they'll introduce a new type. The only reason new types were introduce in second gen was because psychic types dominated everything. Steel and dark sufficiently curbed it's potency. The game's pretty much balanced now, with no type being overly domineering. Steel may only hit one type for super effective damage, but it is superb defensively. Conversly dark type only gets hit by Two types super-effectively, but this is matched by the relatively few resistences it has. No type shines out and no type falls short.
__________________

Wifi (Soul Silver): 1677 6730 3945
Shoddy Battle (Smogon Server): NTT
Pokémon Online (Beta Server): NTT
Reply With Quote
  #603  
Old 06-03-2010, 01:21 AM
Y2kPikachu12's Avatar
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in your house eating your cookies!
Posts: 2,114
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmnrulz View Post
if, i only say if they do make light type i think light will be super effective on dark while dark is super against light too.
I think that would be logical. Because dark shade light but light can shine through also.

I have a feeling they would only make it light s-effective against dark but that wouldn't be balanced.
__________________

Waruvial 2177
Reply With Quote
  #604  
Old 06-03-2010, 01:28 AM
Grassy_Aggron's Avatar
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I...I don't know! WHERE DO I LIVE?!
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
I think that would be logical. Because dark shade light but light can shine through also.

I have a feeling they would only make it light s-effective against dark but that wouldn't be balanced.

Light could also be effective against Water and Ice. The heat in Light evaporates Water, and melts Ice. ;)

We'll have to wait and see, however.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #605  
Old 06-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Y2kPikachu12's Avatar
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in your house eating your cookies!
Posts: 2,114
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Light could also be effective against Water and Ice. The heat in Light evaporates Water, and melts Ice. ;)

We'll have to wait and see, however.
That'd be kinda cool.

Anyway, I'm honestly not wanting them to add light, not this late anyway. 2nd gen would've been perfect if they added Light and then one more thats like opposite of Steel like um... idk. Hahah but yeah.

I just wouldn't want them to change a lot of mons types and make everything confusing. Like it was okay with Dark and Steel I suppose but that's different, there was only a handful out of 151 that they changed.
__________________

Waruvial 2177
Reply With Quote
  #606  
Old 06-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Operative's Avatar
Operative Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 5,862
Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

I really don't think they'll be adding a Light type this late. Like Y2k said, it's be good if they added it 2 Gen. so it could equal/rival the Dark type, but having an opposite now would probably be... I don't know. Odd. :/
__________________

|thedynamicduo|
Reply With Quote
  #607  
Old 06-03-2010, 02:33 AM
Pickleboy's Avatar
Pickleboy Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In a local grocery store near you!
Posts: 973
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Light could also be effective against Water and Ice. The heat in Light evaporates Water, and melts Ice. ;)

We'll have to wait and see, however.
They would have done that for the Fire-type a long long time ago. Trust me, if Fire isn't getting their vote, Light (in doubtful assumption it does arrive) sure as hell won't either.
__________________
First place winner of the Keldeo Sketchbook!
White 2 FC: 3912-5346-0084
Reply With Quote
  #608  
Old 06-03-2010, 02:55 AM
pkmnrulz's Avatar
pkmnrulz Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NYC derp
Posts: 326
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

i don't like the idea of new types. pokemon should just expand on the types with few good pokemon like dark types, bug types, and poison types
__________________
Pokemon stuff

->top16 vgc2012 New jersey
->6th place vgc 2012 Rhode Island
->Highest rated american on random match-ups double!!!
Reply With Quote
  #609  
Old 06-03-2010, 03:19 AM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmnrulz View Post
i don't like the idea of new types. pokemon should just expand on the types with few good pokemon like dark types, bug types, and poison types
I say bring back poison's super-effectiveness on bug-types or have poison be super-effective on something else. The fact that it is only super-effective against Grass is rather disappointing.
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
Reply With Quote
  #610  
Old 06-03-2010, 04:23 AM
Charmander009's Avatar
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Celestia Region
Posts: 3,006
Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Yeah, I don't get why it's not that way. Poison kills insects in real life, ya know?

I hafta admit, I think it's funny how everyone is debating over the Light type. You can say, "I think they will," or "I doubt they will" but the fact is, nothing we say really counts for much unless someone's on the inside of the Pokemon Company. They're gonna do whatever they wanna do, regardless of what fans theorize. xD

I do think it's safe to dream, though. :3 *Likes the idea of Light type being effective against Dragon, Ghost, Dark, and Psychic*
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #611  
Old 06-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Y2kPikachu12's Avatar
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in your house eating your cookies!
Posts: 2,114
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Yeah, I don't get why it's not that way. Poison kills insects in real life, ya know?

I hafta admit, I think it's funny how everyone is debating over the Light type. You can say, "I think they will," or "I doubt they will" but the fact is, nothing we say really counts for much unless someone's on the inside of the Pokemon Company. They're gonna do whatever they wanna do, regardless of what fans theorize. xD

I do think it's safe to dream, though. :3 *Likes the idea of Light type being effective against Dragon, Ghost, Dark, and Psychic*
Well yeah, but isn't that kind of the point of this thread, to post new news and debate what you think?
__________________

Waruvial 2177
Reply With Quote
  #612  
Old 06-03-2010, 06:17 PM
james_gotex's Avatar
james_gotex Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 676
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

I like the way there is a new series and game but I find it hard to stop thinking that the actual mon's are going to look stupid, they seem to be getting worse and worse each series with a few exceptions. There is no denying that the starters all look horrible and Im betting they dont get much better.
__________________
Name: James Friend Code: 3051 5910 2673 VVP:
Reply With Quote
  #613  
Old 06-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Altrius's Avatar
Altrius Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Destination: Unknown.
Posts: 630
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
I say bring back poison's super-effectiveness on bug-types or have poison be super-effective on something else. The fact that it is only super-effective against Grass is rather disappointing

Agreed. I love poison pokemon so much, but the fact they are so weak offensively bugs the hell out of me. A poison team could be so awesome, but with little offensive capabilities, they just get screwed :/

Quote:
like the way there is a new series and game but I find it hard to stop thinking that the actual mon's are going to look stupid, they seem to be getting worse and worse each series with a few exceptions. There is no denying that the starters all look horrible and Im betting they dont get much better.

Weavile, Magmotar, Shiftry, Ludicolo.

Just a few examples of some awesome looking mons' from the 3rd and 4th generations.

I don't think they will look stupid. The water stater might look a bit fail, but I bet theres a wicked evoloution in there. Wait and see, I reckon they'll be good :3
__________________
Many thanks to Neo Emolga for the Avatar and Signature <3
Reply With Quote
  #614  
Old 06-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Y2kPikachu12's Avatar
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in your house eating your cookies!
Posts: 2,114
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_gotex View Post
I like the way there is a new series and game but I find it hard to stop thinking that the actual mon's are going to look stupid, they seem to be getting worse and worse each series with a few exceptions. There is no denying that the starters all look horrible and Im betting they dont get much better.
Actually I think there is denying it. The water one isn't very cool looking but it's only sorta fail because it looks so similar to piplup.

The only thing you can really say about them is that grass looks a little like Treecko and water one looks like Piplup.

The thing is, you can hardly judge them yet until you've seen their evolutions of a full grown pig, snake, and otter. Sounds pretty cool to me.
__________________

Waruvial 2177
Reply With Quote
  #615  
Old 06-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Grassy_Aggron's Avatar
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I...I don't know! WHERE DO I LIVE?!
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleboy View Post
They would have done that for the Fire-type a long long time ago. Trust me, if Fire isn't getting their vote, Light (in doubtful assumption it does arrive) sure as hell won't either.

Really, fire has a hard time evaporating water effectively, so it's easy to see why it isn't effective in Pokemon.

Fire IS S-Effective against Ice, however Ice is so often paired up with Water it neutralizes the effect.


So...Yeah. That's my point. And that was only my assumption of a possible Light Type, if they add it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com