Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:23 AM
pkmnrulz Offline

Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

if, i only say if they do make light type i think light will be super effective on dark while dark is super against light too.

->top16 vgc2012 New jersey
->6th place vgc 2012 Rhode Island
->Highest rated american on random match-ups double!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 12:25 AM
NTT Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow Pope View Post
I actually have a feeling that they are going to introduce a "Light" type. And why? Well first they're hiding the types of the newly introduced legendaries. Second the Steel type is only s-effective against rock while Dark is only KOed by Fighting so putting in a Light type can balance out those two types. Have steel s-effective against Light while Light is s-effective against Dark.

I R Smart.
I doubt they'll introduce a new type. The only reason new types were introduce in second gen was because psychic types dominated everything. Steel and dark sufficiently curbed it's potency. The game's pretty much balanced now, with no type being overly domineering. Steel may only hit one type for super effective damage, but it is superb defensively. Conversly dark type only gets hit by Two types super-effectively, but this is matched by the relatively few resistences it has. No type shines out and no type falls short.

Wifi (Soul Silver): 1677 6730 3945
Shoddy Battle (Smogon Server): NTT
Pokémon Online (Beta Server): NTT
Old 06-03-2010, 01:21 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmnrulz View Post
if, i only say if they do make light type i think light will be super effective on dark while dark is super against light too.
I think that would be logical. Because dark shade light but light can shine through also.

I have a feeling they would only make it light s-effective against dark but that wouldn't be balanced.

Waruvial 2177
Old 06-03-2010, 01:28 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
I think that would be logical. Because dark shade light but light can shine through also.

I have a feeling they would only make it light s-effective against dark but that wouldn't be balanced.

Light could also be effective against Water and Ice. The heat in Light evaporates Water, and melts Ice. ;)

We'll have to wait and see, however.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Light could also be effective against Water and Ice. The heat in Light evaporates Water, and melts Ice. ;)

That'd be kinda cool.

Anyway, I'm honestly not wanting them to add light, not this late anyway. 2nd gen would've been perfect if they added Light and then one more thats like opposite of Steel like um... idk. Hahah but yeah.

I just wouldn't want them to change a lot of mons types and make everything confusing. Like it was okay with Dark and Steel I suppose but that's different, there was only a handful out of 151 that they changed.

Waruvial 2177
Old 06-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

I really don't think they'll be adding a Light type this late. Like Y2k said, it's be good if they added it 2 Gen. so it could equal/rival the Dark type, but having an opposite now would probably be... I don't know. Odd. :/

|thedynamicduo|
Old 06-03-2010, 02:33 AM
Pickleboy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post

They would have done that for the Fire-type a long long time ago. Trust me, if Fire isn't getting their vote, Light (in doubtful assumption it does arrive) sure as hell won't either.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:55 AM
pkmnrulz Offline

i don't like the idea of new types. pokemon should just expand on the types with few good pokemon like dark types, bug types, and poison types

->top16 vgc2012 New jersey
->6th place vgc 2012 Rhode Island
->Highest rated american on random match-ups double!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:19 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmnrulz View Post
i don't like the idea of new types. pokemon should just expand on the types with few good pokemon like dark types, bug types, and poison types
I say bring back poison's super-effectiveness on bug-types or have poison be super-effective on something else. The fact that it is only super-effective against Grass is rather disappointing.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:23 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Yeah, I don't get why it's not that way. Poison kills insects in real life, ya know?

I hafta admit, I think it's funny how everyone is debating over the Light type. You can say, "I think they will," or "I doubt they will" but the fact is, nothing we say really counts for much unless someone's on the inside of the Pokemon Company. They're gonna do whatever they wanna do, regardless of what fans theorize. xD

I do think it's safe to dream, though. :3 *Likes the idea of Light type being effective against Dragon, Ghost, Dark, and Psychic*

Old 06-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Yeah, I don't get why it's not that way. Poison kills insects in real life, ya know?

I hafta admit, I think it's funny how everyone is debating over the Light type. You can say, "I think they will," or "I doubt they will" but the fact is, nothing we say really counts for much unless someone's on the inside of the Pokemon Company. They're gonna do whatever they wanna do, regardless of what fans theorize. xD

I do think it's safe to dream, though. :3 *Likes the idea of Light type being effective against Dragon, Ghost, Dark, and Psychic*
Well yeah, but isn't that kind of the point of this thread, to post new news and debate what you think?

Waruvial 2177
Old 06-03-2010, 06:17 PM
james_gotex Offline

I like the way there is a new series and game but I find it hard to stop thinking that the actual mon's are going to look stupid, they seem to be getting worse and worse each series with a few exceptions. There is no denying that the starters all look horrible and Im betting they dont get much better.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Altrius Offline

Quote:
I say bring back poison's super-effectiveness on bug-types or have poison be super-effective on something else. The fact that it is only super-effective against Grass is rather disappointing

Agreed. I love poison pokemon so much, but the fact they are so weak offensively bugs the hell out of me. A poison team could be so awesome, but with little offensive capabilities, they just get screwed :/

Quote:
like the way there is a new series and game but I find it hard to stop thinking that the actual mon's are going to look stupid, they seem to be getting worse and worse each series with a few exceptions. There is no denying that the starters all look horrible and Im betting they dont get much better.

Weavile, Magmotar, Shiftry, Ludicolo.

Just a few examples of some awesome looking mons' from the 3rd and 4th generations.

I don't think they will look stupid. The water stater might look a bit fail, but I bet theres a wicked evoloution in there. Wait and see, I reckon they'll be good :3
Old 06-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_gotex View Post
I like the way there is a new series and game but I find it hard to stop thinking that the actual mon's are going to look stupid, they seem to be getting worse and worse each series with a few exceptions. There is no denying that the starters all look horrible and Im betting they dont get much better.
Actually I think there is denying it. The water one isn't very cool looking but it's only sorta fail because it looks so similar to piplup.

The only thing you can really say about them is that grass looks a little like Treecko and water one looks like Piplup.

The thing is, you can hardly judge them yet until you've seen their evolutions of a full grown pig, snake, and otter. Sounds pretty cool to me.

Waruvial 2177
Old 06-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleboy View Post
They would have done that for the Fire-type a long long time ago. Trust me, if Fire isn't getting their vote, Light (in doubtful assumption it does arrive) sure as hell won't either.

Really, fire has a hard time evaporating water effectively, so it's easy to see why it isn't effective in Pokemon.

Fire IS S-Effective against Ice, however Ice is so often paired up with Water it neutralizes the effect.

So...Yeah. That's my point. And that was only my assumption of a possible Light Type, if they add it.