Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:04 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
I think we'll get used to them. Many of D/P's Pokemon felt strange and foreign in the beginning, but after a while, it all seemed to fit in just fine. Yeah, even the Gear one. How different is that from Magnemite, Voltorb, and so on? Not really that much in my opinion.
They didn't have ridiculous ";o" faces.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-08-2010, 06:57 AM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC

To be honest, I'm not amazingly looking forward to this. The only thing I quite like atm is the overworlds. The pokemon look terrible, but then again, only about 20 have been shown. Nintendo need to pick things up!
Old 07-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Roze Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCalamity View Post
To be honest, I'm not amazingly looking forward to this. The only thing I quite like atm is the overworlds. The pokemon look terrible, but then again, only about 20 have been shown. Nintendo need to pick things up!
I doubt they will show much more until it is realeased in september. They don't wanna give away the whole game.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 07-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
I'd have to say, before, I was a little unsure and doubtful about B/W, but after watching a few of the gameplay videos, I've been converted. These games are going to be phenomenal.

I like how the Pokemon seem a lot more alive in battle and are much more animated. It makes the previous games seem so primitive in comparison. In the meantime, the overworld layout again, makes the previous games look horribly outdated.

Anyone who ever said Pokemon was a dead fad really needs this rammed in their face.
Neo! I was wondering if you'd get around to posting in this (or maybe you did before I started lurking and I just missed it completely lol).

I really like the way Pokemon move in battle, too. It certainly does make them seem more like realistic creatures than just static pixels. It seems to normal for them to be moving in-battle that I really never paid much attention to it.

Hah, there will always be non-believers and people who think Pokemon is a languishing work. I'd be more than happy to step up and shove a copy of Black or White down their throats ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Now if only they could make the Pokemon look more like Pokemon...
Heh, well, like was already said, they have completely new people working on the Mon designs now, so it's only to be expected that they aren't in the same style as the first gen or even the second. I think most of them look just fine, except the sarcophagus Mon look more like a Digimon I still say (lol Grassy @ that Digimon picture).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
So, When its going to be released in USA?
Well, for now we know BW is slated for release in Japan on September 18th, so I'll have to agree with everyone else saying this will be available next year. After all, they won't have to do too awfully much in getting the game ready for the US. I hope they don't delay because it's a new Gen, you know, to try and milk the expectation for all it's worth. I know I'm personally ready to preorder a copy of Black and I don't even have a DS at the moment XD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
But yeah...The Beta Artwork makes it look like Koromori has one eye (and two spots beside it...Think of Kirby, I suppose), and a symbol beneath that that greatly resembles Totodile's V-shape...Thing.

It still looks wicked, at least. I cannot wait to see the official artwork. Zubat was fine, Golbat was creepy, and Crobat...Creepy in 3D (how the heck does that thing land?!?). It'll be nice to get a cute bat Pokemon.

And really, I adored Heonn's Pokemon. Aggron (AKA Bossgodora...Which is like, "HEY I'M THE BOSS SO I'M GONNA KNOCK YOU OUT!", lol) smacked me in the face with awesomeness, Rayquaza made me freak out, the Regis made me go, "Um...How do they eat...?", lol. I loved it.

Except Nosepass. I'm sorry...But a Pokemon designed after a NOSE should not be!
I thought the shot of Koromori was from the front? It looked like it in the beta work, at least...anyways, I think it looks cute from the back, but if they changed the front I have to agree in hoping it doesn't look fugly or something.

Lol, I love Rayquaza. And I had an Agrron in my Ruby version named Pillow. It was so ironic I laughed every time I battled him.

As long as we get no more Mon like Probopass or Lickilicky I think I'll be fine lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I doubt they will show much more until it is realeased in september. They don't wanna give away the whole game.
Heh, there's only roughly two-and-a-half months before BW is released in Japan. While I agree they probably won't reveal too awfully much more, there's really not time for them TO reveal much more. It seems they only reveal a few things every couple weeks. Even if they did a few new Mon reveals and gameplay mechanics over the next ten weeks in two-week intervals, that's only five more times for them to show new stuff. Not really a lot of time to give away too much imo. Most of the new reveals will probably be Mon and Abilities, and with over a hundred new Mon, revealing thrity or so before the game is released isn't going to take away from the excitement of seeing the majority of new Mon for the first time after the game becomes available.

That being said, I think we can expect a few more juicy morsels before the game is released.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 07-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I thought the shot of Koromori was from the front? It looked like it in the beta work, at least...anyways, I think it looks cute from the back, but if they changed the front I have to agree in hoping it doesn't look fugly or something.

Lol, I love Rayquaza. And I had an Agrron in my Ruby version named Pillow. It was so ironic I laughed every time I battled him.

As long as we get no more Mon like Probopass or Lickilicky I think I'll be fine lol.

Heh, there's only roughly two-and-a-half months before BW is released in Japan. While I agree they probably won't reveal too awfully much more, there's really not time for them TO reveal much more. It seems they only reveal a few things every couple weeks. Even if they did a few new Mon reveals and gameplay mechanics over the next ten weeks in two-week intervals, that's only five more times for them to show new stuff. Not really a lot of time to give away too much imo. Most of the new reveals will probably be Mon and Abilities, and with over a hundred new Mon, revealing thrity or so before the game is released isn't going to take away from the excitement of seeing the majority of new Mon for the first time after the game becomes available.

That being said, I think we can expect a few more juicy morsels before the game is released.
Well, the Beta Artwork looked like a front shot...It's not the best quality, but that is what I was able to get out of it. If I had a scanner, I'd draw what I saw and show you ^^'

And agreed. They'll reveal new things...Like a new Pokemon just now.

Actually, we've seen this pokemon - first in the Beta Artwork, then in a little model, and now an official sticker (which has since been pulled. Oopsie much?). The psuedo-dragon mon is green colored (another Ground type? A relative of Larvitar? Bug? Who knows) with red/brown eyes.

You can see it on Serebii, but we still don't have a name or type :/
Old 07-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

I like the fact that they've got unconfirmed names for the three Pokemon. The little psuedo-Dragon-looking Mon's tentative name is Kibago, and that damn thing is adorable as hell. The black doll-looking Mon's possible name is Rankurusu, and the jell-o Mon's possible name is Gochiruzeru. Heh, for some reason, "gochi" sounds like it would be gel-related.

And there's a picture of what looks like a new Mon, like a fowl:

Stuff 8D

It's the blue picture separate from the group of three under the text. The player's Mon is a Munna, but I can't really make out what the opponent it. It doesn't look like anything like what's been shown so far, so maybe a subtle reveal? I thought it might be a Mamepato at first, but the colors and shape and stuff don't seem right. Apparently that image is from a demo that reveals more new Mon, so I'm assuming that is indeed another reveal.

I wonder how long it'll take the demo vid to get posted?

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 07-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
I like the fact that they've got unconfirmed names for the three Pokemon. The little psuedo-Dragon-looking Mon's tentative name is Kibago, and that damn thing is adorable as hell. The black doll-looking Mon's possible name is Rankurusu, and the jell-o Mon's possible name is Gochiruzeru. Heh, for some reason, "gochi" sounds like it would be gel-related.

And there's a picture of what looks like a new Mon, like a fowl:

Stuff 8D

It's the blue picture separate from the group of three under the text. The player's Mon is a Munna, but I can't really make out what the opponent it. It doesn't look like anything like what's been shown so far, so maybe a subtle reveal? I thought it might be a Mamepato at first, but the colors and shape and stuff don't seem right. Apparently that image is from a demo that reveals more new Mon, so I'm assuming that is indeed another reveal.

I wonder how long it'll take the demo vid to get posted?
That new Pokemon's name is (possibly) Hatooboo. Due to the stripes on the wings, the tuft on the the head, and it's overall appearance, I'm guessing it to be Mamepato's evolution.

After all, it resembles Staravia a little bit, which was the evolution of Starly, the region's bird...So...
Old 07-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
That new Pokemon's name is (possibly) Hatooboo. Due to the stripes on the wings, the tuft on the the head, and it's overall appearance, I'm guessing it to be Mamepato's evolution.

After all, it resembles Staravia a little bit, which was the evolution of Starly, the region's bird...So...
Right down to the inverted stripes on the wing. Kinda uncreative of Game Freak, they're in like the same stance.

Waruvial 2177
Old 07-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Marshmallow Pope Offline
Banned

Quote:

Without a doubt, it has to be Mamepato's evo. I don't think it resembles Staravia all that much, it doesn't have that curly cue :P. BTW, Kibago's pretty cool.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:48 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

True. It's body shape reminds me or Staravia. I also think the blue coloration is a trick of the lighting, and the fact the battle was taking place in cave/night.

Also, there is an area on the map that changes depending on the version; Black City and White Fortress.

Also, remember Koromori? This is what I think the Beta Art (front) looks like (I did this in about 10 minutes, slapped on the colors from what I saw as best I could from the back [this is why the front parts have no color]. If I could scan, this picture would be a lot better :/ Alas, I had to draw in Paint...And with a laptop, this is a lot harder!

Remember, this is what I saw. This is not the confirmed artwork; just a guess from the beta artwork!

Spoiler:
Old 07-10-2010, 01:58 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]
Remember, this is what I saw. This is not the confirmed artwork; just a guess from the beta artwork!
[/IMG][/SPOILER]
Lol'd at the disclaimer.

Anyway, yeah that's pretty much what I saw too. Looks pretty cool even though I bet it will be a fail pokemon and looks like a sno ball cake thing.

Spoiler:

Now I want one. :(

Waruvial 2177
Old 07-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Roze Offline

Quote:
True. It's body shape reminds me or Staravia. I also think the blue coloration is a trick of the lighting, and the fact the battle was taking place in cave/night.

Also, there is an area on the map that changes depending on the version; Black City and White Fortress.

Also, remember Koromori? This is what I think the Beta Art (front) looks like (I did this in about 10 minutes, slapped on the colors from what I saw as best I could from the back [this is why the front parts have no color]. If I could scan, this picture would be a lot better :/ Alas, I had to draw in Paint...And with a laptop, this is a lot harder!

Spoiler:
Yeah I though it looked like a koala nosed bat fluff myself.

Also I am really intrigued about the black city white fortress thing. Maybe there will be more differences in the versions this time.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 07-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
Yeah I though it looked like a koala nosed bat fluff myself.

Also I am really intrigued about the black city white fortress thing. Maybe there will be more differences in the versions this time.
It's been confirmed that there will in fact be more differences between the two versions other than the usual exclusive pokemon. So yeah, everyone's been wondering what they could be.

Waruvial 2177
Old 07-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Roze Offline

woops, missed that update. I just can't even imagine. Too long pokemon version have been exactly the same. now that I find out they will be, i just can't even think of anyway they could do it.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 07-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Marshmallow Pope Offline
Banned

Do you think that in the games depending on what version you have will affect where you actually go? Like for instance in Black you'll be heading to Hiun City early in the game while in White you'll go there later on.