Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Light-chan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Light-chan
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Ah, my BF and I were looking up Black & White on Serebii recently. I really like the sound of all the new gameplay features, like better interaction between players etc.

There's a few of the New Pokemon I'm starting to like; Mamepato for one, gawd Pidgeons are adorable... and that Woogaru thing. It's totally epic and I want it. Even the wee chipmunk thingy is cute. It's a shame there's a lot of really... "special" ones too, like the Sarcophagus one and Gothic Lolita.

I wanted to get Black 'cause I think Reshiram is cool; but I don't want that freaking stupid Lolita thing as a version exclusive; the Germ Pokemon is less creepy. So I may go for White and just get my BF to trade me Reshiram or smth.

Starters, well I'm still on Tsutaja. I jut prefer him and I think he's a cute little grass snake. :3

Mind you, I'm still unsure as to whether I'll get the games.

Pearl FC: 4211-8757-5615
Old 07-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow Pope View Post
So what does everyone like better, the traditional look or the futuristic look? Personally I'm pretty 50/50 on this because I'm pretty fond about the older looks, but then again the futuristic looks could be a new change of pace since we haven't seen much of anything futuristic in the Pokemon games.
I'm definitely about the futuristic look, sounds really cool. I love that kinda stuff. The only thing keeping me from Black is Zekrom but I can just trade for it and a FireDragon sounds pretty nice anyway.

Waruvial 2177
Old 07-22-2010, 01:53 AM
JokesterJesse Offline
I l l u m i n a t i  P r i n c e

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse

Not sure if anyone posted this but

Spoiler:

Today's Oha Suta just revealed a pink new Pokemon from Black and White, Mamanbō (ママンボウ). It was shown in a triple battle, and although we can only see its back sprite, we still get a pretty good look of it (doesn't it look like a Luvdisc evolution?). The battle also revealed that the Pokemon to the left of it, which was revealed a few weeks ago, is named Gigaiasu (ギガイアス). Thanks goes to Filb.de for the screenshot below!

~From Pokebeach

Am i the only one that thought, luvdisc evo. when i saw that xD

~JKJesse~

Old 07-22-2010, 04:04 AM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokesterJesse View Post

Spoiler:

Today's Oha Suta just revealed a pink new Pokemon from Black and White, Mamanbō (ママンボウ). It was shown in a triple battle, and although we can only see its back sprite, we still get a pretty good look of it (doesn't it look like a Luvdisc evolution?). The battle also revealed that the Pokemon to the left of it, which was revealed a few weeks ago, is named Gigaiasu (ギガイアス). Thanks goes to Filb.de for the screenshot below!

~From Pokebeach

~JKJesse~

I could see that being a luvdisc evo
Old 07-22-2010, 04:12 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

Quote:
So what does everyone like better, the traditional look or the futuristic look? Personally I'm pretty 50/50 on this because I'm pretty fond about the older looks, but then again the futuristic looks could be a new change of pace since we haven't seen much of anything futuristic in the Pokemon games.
I like the futuristic look better, since I think it's time Pokemon caught up with technology.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Personally I like the more traditional look. I've always liked the feel of the small towns. Hardly any cars or pollution. It just seemed like a nicer and more simpler world that was very in sync with nature. It's probably one of the things I loved most about the Pokemon world.

It seems BW are moving away from that, but I spose that's okay. After all, Isshu is a long way away from the regions we're used to. As long as Kanto and Johto stay under-developed I don't mind so much. xD
Old 07-22-2010, 07:34 AM
Roze Offline

Quote:

Spoiler:

~From Pokebeach

~JKJesse~

I really hope it is I always wanted to use luvdisc.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 07-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I'm pretty sure it is a Luvdisc evo. Not sure I like the design though... it looks like a Luvdisc with badly pasted on wings xD
Old 07-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Dartz Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dartz Send a message via MSN to Dartz Send a message via Yahoo to Dartz

Quote:

Spoiler:

~From Pokebeach

~JKJesse~

Luvdisc's Evo's Body looks like a Heart-Shaped Candy and Wings like lugia somewhat
Old 07-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Marshmallow Pope Offline
Banned

Quote:

Spoiler:

~From Pokebeach

~JKJesse~

They'd be pretty stupid to not make this a Luvdisc evo. Now we can only hope for a longer neck Girafarig evo.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light-chan View Post
Starters, well I'm still on Tsutaja. I jut prefer him and I think he's a cute little grass snake. :3

Mind you, I'm still unsure as to whether I'll get the games.
:3 Tsutaja is adorable as hell. I'll probably choose that as my Starter ^^.

I want Zekrom something fierce, so I'll definitely be getting White, but I might just get Black too. That way I can trade between the two games and get all the exclusive-version Mon without having to rely on someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
I'm definitely about the futuristic look, sounds really cool. I love that kinda stuff. The only thing keeping me from Black is Zekrom but I can just trade for it and a FireDragon sounds pretty nice anyway.
Zekrom is in White, not Black :P. Yeah, I thought he was in Black too at first, but he ain't. But I think I might get White because White Forest looks awesome. Is it just me, or did it seem in the video that White Forest looks more like a city and less like a forest...?

Quote:

Spoiler:

~From Pokebeach

~JKJesse~

Definitely a Luvdisc evo; that was the first thing that I thought. Heh, as much as I like seeing certain Mon getting evos and stuff, I hope most of the new Mon aren't going to all be evos or prevos >>. So far it doesn't seem like it at all, but then we've only seen a fraction of the new Mon, so meh.

Also, some random info: A friend of mine was saying we might have a full PokeDex either before August or sometime in August (I can't remember what he said). I'm not sure if I really believe it or not, but if it's true, what will you guys think?

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 07-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
Zekrom is in White, not Black :P. Yeah, I thought he was in Black too at first, but he ain't. But I think I might get White because White Forest looks awesome. Is it just me, or did it seem in the video that White Forest looks more like a city and less like a forest...?
I meant like the only thing keeping me from getting Black is that Zekrom is in White. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post

Also, some random info: A friend of mine was saying we might have a full PokeDex either before August or sometime in August (I can't remember what he said). I'm not sure if I really believe it or not, but if it's true, what will you guys think?
It'd be nice I suppose but I think it'd be a lot better if we got occasional leaks like we are now, although I know that's not possible once it releases in the land of the east.

Waruvial 2177
Old 07-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
I meant like the only thing keeping me from getting Black is that Zekrom is in White. xD

It'd be nice I suppose but I think it'd be a lot better if we got occasional leaks like we are now, although I know that's not possible once it releases in the land of the east.
Ah, I see lol. I wanted Black at first since I thought Zekrom would be in it.

And yeah, as soon as BW comes out in Japan, we're going to have places like Serebii ripping all the new Mon and other stuff as they play through the game. So getting a full Dex a month or so early isn't really going to do much in "killing the excitement" considering that'll happen after the Japanese release. Unless you have an iron will and can avoid going anywhere where stuff will be shared.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 07-24-2010, 02:39 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

I hope Mamanbou is a Luvdisc evo - it could really use the stat boosts. It's pretty darn cute, though! I'm guessing a Water/Flying type (please no).

It's obviously based on...The sunfish, I think.

Gigaiasu, I still think it is a Nosepass evo. Seriously. Look at that thing. It's creepy and the colors are the same. 0o'
Old 07-24-2010, 06:10 AM
Deoxys Ribonuke Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Deoxys Ribonuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
I hope Mamanbou is a Luvdisc evo - it could really use the stat boosts. It's pretty darn cute, though! I'm guessing a Water/Flying type (please no).

It's obviously based on...The sunfish, I think.

Gigaiasu, I still think it is a Nosepass evo. Seriously. Look at that thing. It's creepy and the colors are the same. 0o'
Yes, I think you've pretty much pegged the sunfish inspiration for Mamanbou. Though there may also be a bit of cupid in there, due to the wing-ness of the...wings. ^^; Seriously, if that thing ISN'T a Luvdic evo, I will be very disappointed in Gamefreak for its lack of diversity.

I really don't know about Gigaiasu though; true, it may have the same colors, but the body shape is dramatically different. Maybe if someone hypothesized its creative basis, I.E. a quadrupedal statue with a big nose or something, it'd make more sense.

I myself? I buy both versions so that I get a chance to play through the storyline again without deleting my savefile on the other game. First, though, I'd probably play White because of Zekrom, and trade for Gothiselle (Gochizeru, yadaya. Whatever she'll be called, I <33333333333333333 her and her blasé expression!)

Now here is where I would like to express a bit of disappointment...

Clearly, Reshiram and Zekrom are based off of the concepts of Yin and Ying, being called the "Yang Dragon" and "Yin Dragon" Pokemon respectively. Those of you familiar with Yin and Yang will know that Yin represents "negative, dark, cool, passive, female" energy, whereas Yang represents "positive, light, warm, active, male" energy.

I would've though this would be awesome if Nintendo had paid careful attention to all of these virtues, but judging from Zekrom's broad chest and manly pectorals...*sigh*, I guess they won't.

Nintendo, when are you going to learn that it's not just Shounen, gender-role-hammered youths of Japan you're marketing for, but the entire WORLD? I mean, you make Pokemon like Gallade male-only, yet you leave Pokemon like Gardevoir to be, not only able to be male, but 50% chance of being male? The least you could do is FOLLOW your definition of gender-correctness. *sighs again as she climbs down from her soapbox* Sorry, being an advocate for more kickbutt female characters and a general exponent of Japanese anime, this topic is very sensitive to me. Especially in the realm of a series that I've followed closely for over 11 years of my life. ^^;;

Despite this, I'm very excited about the games coming out! I can't wait to see what Pokemon await us and be able to plan my roster!

URPG Stats:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=80909