Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

• Vikitini seems like a normal/ghost pokemon
  • 3v3 battles = starter/legendary trio warfare
  • Gigaiasu looks like a bit of a rock/dragon evo to nosepass to me
  • There are too many psychics to me so far revealed
  • I'm not getting either Black or White. I'm waiting for the third of the series
  • War eagle is epic, though freefall sounds like fly combined with the skyward motion of seismic toss.
  • I have a feeling that Turboblaze and Terravoltage are abilities that power up fire/electric type moves when in a weakened state, like Blaze
  • Also Dust Proof sounds like an ability that negates the effects of sandstorms or weakens the power of Ground-type moves

Edit: Since I saw this earlier in the thread, I think my team will be:
Shimama
Reshiram
Pokabu/Tsutaraja
Wooguru
Mamepato
Desukan

Last edited by Judgmental Arceus; 07-31-2010 at 04:43 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
And I dunno. I can kinda see Zekrom being female >.>
Zekrom strikes me as male and Reshiram as female. All the Legends seem to be more like one gender or another. Like Mew is female and Rayquaza male, Zapdos is male and Moltres and Articuno are female...yeah XD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
I think it'll be a split evolution for Nosepass too. It just gave that impression upon appearance.

Mamanbou better be a Luvdisc evo. If not, then Game Freak really are running out of ideas. Evolution via level up with a Heart Scale, maybe?
Either that or maybe trade when it's holding a Heart Scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxys Ribonuke View Post
Also, I see your point about boobs on a legend...though Jynx has kinda has those, but given it's a breastplate.

Also...for some reason I had the impression that Groudon was a female earth deity that created the earth both violently and with care. Kinda like Gaia. I dunno what gave me the female impression. Maybe...this?

I see Jynx and automatically think "boobs" lol.

I always saw Groudon as male, and Kyogre as well.

Also, Victini is cute as heck, but that doesn't really sound like a Japanese name to me. Sounds more Italian, really. Eh, it's still cute, but what's up with all the event Mon? D: I mean we already have Zorua and Zoroark as event Mon (well, you need the event Celebii to get Zorua and something to do with one of the Legendary Dogs or something for Zoroark, iirc).

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 07-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Roze Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
Zekrom strikes me as male and Reshiram as female. All the Legends seem to be more like one gender or another. Like Mew is female and Rayquaza male, Zapdos is male and Moltres and Articuno are female...yeah XD.

Either that or maybe trade when it's holding a Heart Scale.

I see Jynx and automatically think "boobs" lol.

Also, Victini is cute as heck, but that doesn't really sound like a Japanese name to me. Sounds more Italian, really. Eh, it's still cute, but what's up with all the event Mon? D: I mean we already have Zorua and Zoroark as event Mon (well, you need the event Celebii to get Zorua and something to do with one of the Legendary Dogs or something for Zoroark, iirc).
I like the new name Chillarmy. I didn't know that thing was a chinchilla. Now I like it a little more.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 07-28-2010, 04:04 AM
Deoxys Ribonuke Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Deoxys Ribonuke

Quote:
Same here; I tried to associate each of the Legendary Pokemon with a Greek deity of sorts in a forum I used to have (and my try to reboot) called 'Java Falls'.

Zekrom and Reshiram I see are the oppisite, female and male respectively. Reshiram uh...does it have a lot of feather-fur, or is it just happy to see me? @_x Whereas while Zekrom has a broad chest and rippling pectorals, I think it's just shoulder plating and a breast plate. Look at how high that waist pinches in; yes, I know that human anatomy doesn't apply at all to fictitious Japanese beasts, but it's a convincing enough detail for me. ^^; Eh, but I know Nintendo isn't probably going to do something that awesome and progressive...

Quote:
Heh, yeah at one point I even though KYOGRE was female as well, until I later realized that he seemed more like a powerful but angry patriarch of the ocean. Groudon always struck me as angry-protective Earth mother. xD Trying to keep her land from being destroyed by the sea. Maybe she's mad about the sea levels rising from Global Warming?

URPG Stats:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=80909

Last edited by Deoxys Ribonuke; 07-28-2010 at 05:06 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:07 PM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC

So, changing the subject, how are people going to figure out what they'll pick their starter as?

I think I'll wait until people report how good the last-stage evos are, and then I can breed them with Dittos.

What about anyone else?

AIM: Politoed Prince

Old 07-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCalamity View Post
So, changing the subject, how are people going to figure out what they'll pick their starter as?

I think I'll wait until people report how good the last-stage evos are, and then I can breed them with Dittos.

What about anyone else?
Well, I've already made my decision to choose Pokabu, but if I was on the fence and didn't have a preference to any type, I'd look at the final evo's and their stats because that's what really matters.

Waruvial 2177
Old 07-29-2010, 11:30 PM
diamond4evr421 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
Well, I've already made my decision to choose Pokabu, but if I was on the fence and didn't have a preference to any type, I'd look at the final evo's and their stats because that's what really matters.
I'm just going to do what I've done in the past: use two ds's to get all three. Of course one will be used more, and that'll probably be pokabu.

Trade thread under maitenence

Old 07-30-2010, 02:25 AM
Marshmallow Pope Offline
Banned

Quote:

What about anyone else?
Mijumaru, without a doubt.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Poltergeist Offline

While I am really iffy about the latest pokemon I love the look of the new region, and the latest trailer helps to cement that feeling. That bridge during sunset looks amazing if you ask me.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:21 AM
Roze Offline

For everyone who hated the new pokemon the new releases seem more animal based.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 07-31-2010, 08:26 AM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy

Quote:
I've continuously been choosing Water and Fire as the starter for the past few generations, so, right now I'm planning to choose Grass starter for this generation, I'll take a look at its evolutions though, when the generation 5 Pokédex's released, and then I'll decide if it's a good idea or not :P

Last edited by Arch Enemy; 07-31-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:05 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I like the new deer Pokemon. It's so cute!

Quote:
A new mini-game called "PokeShifter" will allow you to transfer Pokemon from fourth generation games to Black and White using two DS's.
This makes me sad cos I only have one DS :P

Oh and the starter choice is easy for me as I always go with the Grass type. Plus I loved Tsutaja instantly.
Pokabu and Mijumaru took some time, but I like them both now as well! Still Grass all the way!

Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Sarah; 07-31-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:47 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:

What about anyone else?
I've decided on Pokabu when the third game comes out. I've always ended up picking the fire starter since I started playing in Hoenn. I'm also sure that I would've picked Charmander and Cyndaquil if I played Gens 1 and 2.

Perhaps Ill find a method of obtaining Mijumaru and Tsutaraja after I beat the Isshu Elite Four.

Also I'm surprised no one reported the new pokémon and moves revealed on Serebii the other day. I would put up the information but I hate typing on my iPod as it is while enduring the fact that this thing can't copy or paste anything.

Edit: Didn't realize that Sarah revealed some of the good news

I don't feel like I'm going to bother with the new transfer method as one of my 2 DS Lites is still broken and I think my warranty has long since expired.

Edit 2: Shikijika kinda makes me think of Bambi (not because it's a deer) XD

Last edited by Judgmental Arceus; 07-31-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:54 PM
ipokemon Offline

Send a message via MSN to ipokemon

I will pick either Pokabu or Tsutaja and for the water poke what the **** is that i mean it looks like it's been Sick'd all over and thrown in the sea.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:30 PM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

I think I'll go for Tsutaraja (who I pronounced as Soo-ha-ha until I saw the whole name. Now I call it Soo-ta-ra-yha), since Grass is one of my favorite types because it has things like PoisonPowder, Spore etc. at its disposal. Though the cutest one for me is Pokabu. So adorable~ and its name is awesome too. So either Tsutaraja or Pokabu for me. I'd rather get White (Zekrom=100% pwn), but I'll wait to see if there's a sequel. It's going to be called Grey/Gray or Rainbow if you ask me.