Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

So with Sturdy, imagine running through a cave with Wotter or Smugleaf. Survives with Sturdy, then explodes. Fun.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]

TMs don't disappear after use now.

Anyone else happy about this? I wonder if they'll become "Used TM" like in PMD...

Oh my sweet, sweet Aggron...Now he can finally get some use from that! Take a hit, return the favor with Metal Burst, eat a berry to max speed to get in a hit...*Drooling*
It would be totally awesome if TMs became multi-time use like HMs, but they'd probably become even more rare/expensive than they were in previous games.

Also, I've never played any of the PMD games, but I'm assuming "Used TM" is something that just shows you that you've used a TM, amirite?

And lol, it's not just Aggron that'll benefit from Sturdy's upgrade. All Pokemon who get it can get some use out of it now, even if they aren't OU or BL. There are UU and NU battles, after all ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
That's only the Japanese name. Remember Umbreon? It's JP name is Blacky. :/
I lol'ed.

I sort of hope Gear's name stays the same, cuz it just seems awesome. I hope to God Wooguru's English name is NOT Wargle, because it sounds retarded.

And I will cry if Tsutaja's English name does turn out to be Smugleaf, which is doubtful, but still.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 08-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
So with Sturdy, imagine running through a cave with Wotter or Smugleaf. Survives with Sturdy, then explodes. Fun.
I swear they're tailor-making this game for Nuzlockers.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
It would be totally awesome if TMs became multi-time use like HMs, but they'd probably become even more rare/expensive than they were in previous games.

Also, I've never played any of the PMD games, but I'm assuming "Used TM" is something that just shows you that you've used a TM, amirite?

And lol, it's not just Aggron that'll benefit from Sturdy's upgrade. All Pokemon who get it can get some use out of it now, even if they aren't OU or BL. There are UU and NU battles, after all ^^.

I lol'ed.

I sort of hope Gear's name stays the same, cuz it just seems awesome. I hope to God Wooguru's English name is NOT Wargle, because it sounds retarded.

And I will cry if Tsutaja's English name does turn out to be Smugleaf, which is doubtful, but still.
A "Used TM" is, as you said, a TM that has been used. It can be restored with a Pokemon holding it and using Recycle (ironically, the TM that teaches Recycle can't be restored this way).

Yep. Either way, I've been hoping Aggron got some more use...It's so awesome looking.

Lol. "Go! Wargle!"

"Wargle? Seriously?"

"What's wrong with his name?!? >:( "

"...It sounds like it's supposed to be gargling or something! XD"

Lol. As for Smugleaf...Probably not. It'd probably be something like Snakeaf, or Grasnake or something.

Also...Anyone think Tropius should also be a season changer?

Spring - Flowers and pink leaves
Summer - Bananas and green leaves
Fall - Shriveled bananas and red leaves
Winter - No fruit and brown leaves

Eh? I think it could work ^^
Old 08-11-2010, 02:34 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

What are the changes to Sturdy, I can't seem to find them?

Waruvial 2177
Old 08-11-2010, 04:37 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
What are the changes to Sturdy, I can't seem to find them?
Sturdy now protects against any kind of one-hit knockout move if the Pokemon is at full health.

Like Dog of Hellsing said, it's a built in Focus Sash.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:12 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

So, just to cause a bit of speculation, who actually thinks Hatooboo is related to Mamepato?
Old 08-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
So, just to cause a bit of speculation, who actually thinks Hatooboo is related to Mamepato?
Possibly. Both birds, but unless the picture has a distortion of color, it seems Mamepato's colors will change quite a bit.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Kers Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Kers

Forretress and Rampardos become uber.
I'M CALLING IT.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:29 PM
ThePokeCritic Offline

Hmm... Anyone know Japanese?
Old 08-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloImKers View Post
Forretress and Rampardos become uber.
I'M CALLING IT.
XD I think most people will probably stick with Mold Breaker for Ramp, really. Just my two cents.

At any rate, I can't wait till next month! When the Japanese versions are finally released, we'll be buried under Youtube videos and crap, and that makes me excited! :3

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 08-16-2010, 05:16 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

So, though I'm sure people already know about the Kanto starters in the Dream World, what do you people think their abilities will/should be?
Old 08-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Just found this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokebeach
A website viewer has sent us the material he used to create Wakoishi, that ugly plant Pokemon, and the sprite of Emonga. So, the images are confirmed fakes, which isn’t too surprising since no one who saw the demos mentioned the two Pokemon.
Link

I'm only really disappointed about Emonga because it felt like a Pokemon and Electric-Flying ftw. Oh and I've heard speculation that Emonga may not be fake because it only says that the sprite is fake. We'll see.

Waruvial 2177
Old 08-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

I hope Emonga isn't fake, because even though it looks like a Pachirisu clone, it's still cute and I want one for the novelty of it XD.

Tabunne is adorable as hell and I DO WANT.

Basurao scares me ;_;...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeBeach
Zorua’s Illusion ability transforms you into the second Pokemon you’re holding but even if it looks like another Pokemon it says “What will Zorua do?” Illusion’s effect is that when Zorua is hit by an attack that causes damage, even if it is weak, Illusion breaks. While you’re disguised, you don’t even become the transformed Pokemon’s type nor can you use its moves. In the demo, Zorua knows Faint Attack and Fury Swipes.
Does it sound to anyone else like maybe Illusion is sort of a built in, first-turn Sub of some kind? The way that was worded makes it sound like non-damaging moves might be blocked and that at least the first attack might be blocked.

OR...perhaps when Zorua is sent out, it's sent in the form of your second Pokemon instead of as a Zorua, so your opponent doesn't know until they attack that it's actually a Zorua (or you use a move that the Mon it's disgused as can't learn lol).

Either way it seems like it might be a useful Ability. It gives you a chance to set up, and if you're disguised as a Fighting Mon and a foe uses some Psychic attack on you, it'll be like "LOL EPIC FAIL!" XD.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 08-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

LoL, there sure is a lot of cute Pokemon coming out in this new region. <3

Say, do you guys think that Kibago eventually involves into Ononokusu? They don't have the same coloring, but do you remember the toy prototype that came out of Kibago? It was off-colored, maybe shiny? It was brown... so maybe the Ononokusu that was revealed is actually a shiny? (if Kibago does involve into it?)