Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1426  
Old 09-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Black Label's Avatar
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eastern
Posts: 3,691
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

I also have a copy, currently with the Yorkie, and Pokabu.

Ill save Wotter for my English Play through of the game.

Pretty awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #1427  
Old 09-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Disco's Avatar
Disco Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Massachusetts, USA.
Posts: 960
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

You know, the whole goth baby > goth kid > goth lady just hit me as really creepy.

Imagine a goth toddler attacking you with psychic powers. Creepy, man.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1428  
Old 09-18-2010, 07:09 PM
dimondgirlofthefuture's Avatar
dimondgirlofthefuture Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Some place I call EARTH
Posts: 722
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
You know, the whole goth baby > goth kid > goth lady just hit me as really creepy.

Imagine a goth toddler attacking you with psychic powers. Creepy, man.
*Shudders* Ugh, thanks a lot. I really liked the Gochi- line, now... I don't really know. D: Plus I have to babysit a toddler later today, so that makes it even worse. DX But on Serebii, it confirms that Iris is the final gym leader for Black, & the other dude is the final leader in White, both dragon type gym leaders
__________________
Fun fact time!:L
1- Gymnastics is the most-watched summer Olympic sport:3
2- Uh... crapXD I ran out of fun facts:P
Reply With Quote
  #1429  
Old 09-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Disco's Avatar
Disco Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Massachusetts, USA.
Posts: 960
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

: D YOU'RE WELCOME. MY ART AIMS TO PLEASE OR DISTURB. whichever comes first.

Am I the only one who thought it was typical that Iris, the dark-skinned girl, is the gym leader in black, while the light-skinned old man is the gym leader in white?

.___.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1430  
Old 09-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Black Label's Avatar
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eastern
Posts: 3,691
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
: D YOU'RE WELCOME. MY ART AIMS TO PLEASE OR DISTURB. whichever comes first.

Am I the only one who thought it was typical that Iris, the dark-skinned girl, is the gym leader in black, while the light-skinned old man is the gym leader in white?

.___.
Rooofl, just realized.

I'll be buying White, however Wargle is in Black...

Also, anyone else see that Serebii has insane evolution levels for some of these?

GreenJello's first form evolves at level 32, then again at level 41.

Denchura's pre-evo evolves into Denchura at level 40.

And Washibon evolves into Wargle at level 54.

Serebii best be joking.
Reply With Quote
  #1431  
Old 09-18-2010, 08:48 PM
dimondgirlofthefuture's Avatar
dimondgirlofthefuture Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Some place I call EARTH
Posts: 722
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

[QUOTE=Black Label;3189485]Rooofl, just realized.

Quote:
I'll be buying White, however Wargle is in Black...

Also, anyone else see that Serebii has insane evolution levels for some of these?

GreenJello's first form evolves at level 32, then again at level 41.

Denchura's pre-evo evolves into Denchura at level 40.

And Washibon evolves into Wargle at level 54.

Serebii best be joking.
I don't know if 'Bii is right this time, but of course I haven't compared it with any other sources yet so..............
And, I found that out too Disco, I'm not the racist type, or ever wish to be racist but that's a little.. well.. you get where I'm getting at right?
__________________
Fun fact time!:L
1- Gymnastics is the most-watched summer Olympic sport:3
2- Uh... crapXD I ran out of fun facts:P

Last edited by dimondgirlofthefuture; 09-18-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1432  
Old 09-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Disco's Avatar
Disco Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Massachusetts, USA.
Posts: 960
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Lol, you don't need to be racist in order to notice such things.
I couldn't be racist even if I wanted to be, what with my grandmother being a pale, blond girl and my grandfather being black as the night. LOL.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1433  
Old 09-19-2010, 02:10 AM
MYSTRY MEW's Avatar
MYSTRY MEW Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dimension D
Posts: 4,744
Send a message via AIM to MYSTRY MEW Send a message via Yahoo to MYSTRY MEW
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Is anyone else seeing the reasoning behind putting a second water/fire/grass trio in the game?
__________________
And so I strike, like an unseen dodgeball in an echoing gymnasium!

3566-7998-7363TradesVPPClaimsURPGLinks3137-2783-9061
Reply With Quote
  #1434  
Old 09-19-2010, 02:12 AM
Sieses's Avatar
Sieses Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,321
Send a message via AIM to Sieses
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSTRY MEW View Post
Is anyone else seeing the reasoning behind putting a second water/fire/grass trio in the game?
So the first Gym Leader always has an advantage over your starter.
Reply With Quote
  #1435  
Old 09-19-2010, 02:32 AM
Disco's Avatar
Disco Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Massachusetts, USA.
Posts: 960
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

And because a lot of people, who don't like the starters, always try to beat the first gym as fast as possible in order to catch other 'cool' pokemon. This time we deal with what we choose. B3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1436  
Old 09-19-2010, 02:47 AM
Sieses's Avatar
Sieses Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,321
Send a message via AIM to Sieses
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

The shiny sprites for this generation are better than the ones for any of the older generations, as a whole. :)
Reply With Quote
  #1437  
Old 09-19-2010, 03:09 AM
Y2kPikachu12's Avatar
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in your house eating your cookies!
Posts: 2,114
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Wow, so Nintendo ordered a cease and disist to Serebii on all B/W sprites. So don't waste your time, check Pokebeach.

I'm debating playing the game through a sneaky workaround way than importing, if you catch my drift, is anyone else?
__________________

Waruvial 2177
Reply With Quote
  #1438  
Old 09-19-2010, 03:43 AM
Charizard Michelle's Avatar
Charizard Michelle Offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Back in Green~
Posts: 10,046
Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
Wow, so Nintendo ordered a cease and disist to Serebii on all B/W sprites. So don't waste your time, check Pokebeach.

I'm debating playing the game through a sneaky workaround way than importing, if you catch my drift, is anyone else?
That is the rumor. Also it is said that Pokebeach also got a C&D from Nintendo too. So they may not have them either.
__________________
www.pokemonelite2000.com-One Piece at a Time Blog

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Reply With Quote
  #1439  
Old 09-19-2010, 03:53 AM
Y2kPikachu12's Avatar
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in your house eating your cookies!
Posts: 2,114
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

I took time to get a good look at em' all before they're gone and obviously have a lot of thoughts but i'm not gonna type them cause they'd be tl;dr. Three things though.
  • The 2-stage evos all have a similar like, theme. Most just add a part and aren't very creative.
  • They look more like pokemon than I previously thought, but I can honestly say I hope theyre's not another gen, they're just barely cutting it with these.
  • That Flying legend trio is bullshit in terms of sprite work. Musta got lazy or REALLY wanted them to look almost exactly the same.
__________________

Waruvial 2177
Reply With Quote
  #1440  
Old 09-19-2010, 04:33 AM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
I took time to get a good look at em' all before they're gone and obviously have a lot of thoughts but i'm not gonna type them cause they'd be tl;dr. Three things though.
  • The 2-stage evos all have a similar like, theme. Most just add a part and aren't very creative.
  • They look more like pokemon than I previously thought, but I can honestly say I hope theyre's not another gen, they're just barely cutting it with these.
  • That Flying legend trio is bullshit in terms of sprite
    work. Musta got lazy or REALLY wanted them to look almost exactly the same.
I agree that the originality factor has fallen a degree but at least they put a Ground/Electric/Flying trio in action.

The Dragon/Ice legendary Kyurem I'm going to reasonably assume is to be the Third installment mascot, though it doesn't seem to fit in with Reshiram and Zekrom. It might just be the fact that Kyurem looks considerably more reptilian than anything

I'm surprised that there still is no Fighting/Flying, Ghost/Steel, Ghost/Fight, Ground/Fight, Grass/Dragon, or Ghost/Grass pokémon yet, judging by the number of Ghost and Fighting- types introduced

Lack of a new Eeveelution was kind of expected to me. I mean Eevee evolves into basically half the types existant. Maybe if/when Generation VI comes out there will be even more

EDIT: Shinporah is officially the new Xatu designwise.
EDIT 2: Removed disabled link
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post

Last edited by Judgmental Arceus; 09-21-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com