Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:38 AM
Sieses Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sieses
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
And for those looking for sprites I'll leave this here.
Higher Quality sprites are available. Just download this.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:15 PM
dimondgirlofthefuture Offline

I still think that there should've been at least one new eeveelution, don'tcha think??? At least like a poison like, I dunno... Venmeon??? Idk, I just came up with it like right now.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:29 PM
AUfan Offline

A ghost Eeveelution would've been awesome. Something like Chillbreon, Wispeon, or Shadeon.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUfan View Post
A ghost Eeveelution would've been awesome. Something like Chillbreon, Wispeon, or Shadeon.
Yeah, I could probably come up with a pretty good idea of what it would look like too. Dark purples & blacks, with red eyes or something similar to that, with its hind legs drifting off maybe??? I dunno...
Old 09-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Rooofl, just realized.

I'll be buying White, however Wargle is in Black...

Also, anyone else see that Serebii has insane evolution levels for some of these?

GreenJello's first form evolves at level 32, then again at level 41.

Denchura's pre-evo evolves into Denchura at level 40.

And Washibon evolves into Wargle at level 54.

Serebii best be joking.
D: I'm getting White too, though I'll most likely get both at the same time, but still. I suppose the Vulture must be the version exclusion bird for White, then?

And holy crap, I know Wargle is good, but evolving at nearly the same level as things like T-Tar and Nite? That's a bit excessive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
Wow, so Nintendo ordered a cease and disist to Serebii on all B/W sprites. So don't waste your time, check Pokebeach.
It wasn't just sprites but ALL BW images, iirc. The thing is, if one site got a C&D because of intellectual violation (or whatever reason Nintendo gave, it's a load of bull anyways since we've seen the full IsshuDex and have had it for days), then other sites with these images will most likely be made to remove them as well. Sooooo we may not have access to any BW images soon, though hopefully this won't be the case.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Double-post!

And now we know BW Abilities! Here's a link:

BW Abilities List

Now my two cents on a few of them.

**Turbo Blaze and Terra Voltage are like Mold Breaker in that they can attack a foe regardless of Ability. I was kind of expecting something a bit more epic, but meh.

**Mischievous Heart is actually kind of awesome. Non-attacking moves have priority; if this includes stat-changing moves, it can give you some time to set up or hinder your opponent even if you're slower.

**Magic Mirror would be more effective if more people used stat-lowering moves on their foes instead of focusing on increasing their own stats, but I guess it might have its niche somewhere.

**Overconfidence (previously Earthquake Spiral) is a DW Ability for Gyara and Mence. Oh, oh dear. And I thought it would be hell on a Warubiaru! The fact that Wargle can get it normally means I'll have to pick either between this or Encourage. GAH THE CHOICES, THEY ARE HARD.

**Mummy is awesome, 'nuff said.

**Slip Through is, I'm assuming, an Ability version of Brick Break that leaves Light Screen and Reflect in place. Crobat, Jask, and Tomb get it as a DW Ability, and even though Jask will probably always keep Speed Boost, Tomb and Bat can get better use out of Slip Through, imo.

**Eccentric is confusing. Do you automatically turn into the opponent every time they switch out a new Mon, or only when Ditto is first sent to the field (like Intimidate)? I would assume this is the case, because if it changed EVERY TIME the foe switched Pokemon, Ditto's only move (Transform obviously XD) would be pretty useless.

**Regeneration heals HP on switching out, but how much? 1/4, 1/2, completely? Either way I can see it being usable.

**Poison Hand > Poison Point.

**Inconsistent is another confusing one. Do they change every turn? Do all stats change or just a few? Do they go up/down by one level, two, six? Either way this Ability seems way too random and risky, and all the Mon who can get it have better Abilities to use, imo.

**Harvest is awesome, it's just too bad only three Pokemon get it (and even then only as DW Abilities).

**Heat Rampage and Poison Rampage give yet another use for Flame and Toxic Orbs. I'm confused why only the Drif line gets Heat Rampage; it makes more sense that the Hitomoshi line would get that one. I'm also irritated only Zangoose gets Poison Rampage, because that would have been GOD on Snorlax. On top of that both Abilities are DW exclusives; seriously, if these Abilities are only available from the DW, why make only 3 or 4 Mon be able to have them? @__@

**Is it just me or do Light Metal and Heavy Metal have no effect in-game except for determining Grass Knot/Low Kick damage? I mean unless certain moves allow different effects depending on your weight now...

**Cursed Body would have been a LOT more epic if it disabled the foe's move 100% of the time instead of occasionally.

**Perveristy (which makes it sound like the Mon is a pervert instead of having perseverance) is great, though really the only Mon to get much use out of it will be Jaroda.

**Encourage is great, especially for the Mon who get it who don't have many moves with secondary effects.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Has anyone seen the BW sprites for older Pokemon?

Most have gotten a complete revamp. Highlights include Arcanine and Salamence. They're amazing, and I don't even like Salamence. 8D In fact, I think all 3rd Gen Pokemon got an update.

Game Freak really pulled out all the stops on this game. They've made so much progress when it comes to sprites. The Poliwag line is 10x better. <3

Most of the Sinnoh Pokemon have been left out of this update, though. Weavile, however, got an update, and he's looking pretty damn badass. Same with Lucario, his pose reminds me of Shadow The Hedgehog for some reason. Munchlax also got an update, and looks even more clueless than before. AND BAWW MANAPHY <3. Shaymin is also looking cuter.

If anyone wants the sprites PM me.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

* Hitomoshi 607: While appearing to shed light and serve as a guidepost, it sucks out creatures’ lifeforce.
* Lamplar 608: It appears before those on their deathbeds, severs the soul from the body, and immediately sucks it up.
* Chandelar 609: If something is wrapped in Chandelar’s flame, its soul is sucked out and immolated. Only the cast off body remains.

Does anyone else think Hito's line has rather dark PokeDex enteries? Especially Lamplar's...

Also got these from someone's post @ BMG.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
* Hitomoshi 607: While appearing to shed light and serve as a guidepost, it sucks out creatures’ lifeforce.
* Lamplar 608: It appears before those on their deathbeds, severs the soul from the body, and immediately sucks it up.
* Chandelar 609: If something is wrapped in Chandelar’s flame, its soul is sucked out and immolated. Only the cast off body remains.

Does anyone else think Hito's line has rather dark PokeDex enteries? Especially Lamplar's...

Also got these from someone's post @ BMG.
Well, they are trying to hit an older target audience with B/W, and it shows. A somewhat dark storyline, these dex entry and Pokemon abuse. o.o
Old 09-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Well, they are trying to hit an older target audience with B/W, and it shows. A somewhat dark storyline, these dex entry and Pokemon abuse. o.o
Heh, true that, but still...

Pogeymanz abuse lulz. Wait why's that funny? >> <<...

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Heh, true that, but still...

Pogeymanz abuse lulz. Wait why's that funny? >> <<...
I dunno. I guess the thought of kicking a Munna is rather amusing?

Then again, it's not as if it's unheard of. Remember the Marowak and Cubone abuse back in Gen 1?

Creepy.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Quote:

Then again, it's not as if it's unheard of. Remember the Marowak and Cubone abuse back in Gen 1?

Creepy.
That's true. I suppose there's always been a little bit of darkness in the games. I do enjoy pointing out this specific point when people are all like "OMG POGEYMANZ IS ALL CHILDISH N STUFF".

My comeback: So you think an evil organization killing an intelligent creature's mother is appropriate content for a child's game?

XD

But yeah, I'm kinda glad Pokemon is taking a visibly darker turn. Maybe the anime will follow suit, though probably not >>.

EDIT: Hey wait, what do you have against Munna? THEY'RE ADORABLE.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-20-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:

Creepy.
Oh yeah! I seem to recall that... And I watched a thing for B/W & when I saw them kicking the Munna, I was all like 0_o
Old 09-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:

EDIT: Hey wait, what do you have against Munna? THEY'RE ADORABLE.
Nothing at all. Munna are indeed ADAWABLE.

The fact is:

Spoiler:
That actually happens in the games. Team Plasma are nasty people.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

THEY. KICK. A. MUNNA?!?!?! /rages

I thought they were supposed to be freeing Pogeymanz from the "tyranny" of humans, not having spots on Animal Cops >>.

^Rock Musical Bleach^