Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
Same question can be directed about Flareon.
True, but making a new Generation, I'd think Nintendo would have learned from their past mistakes about that sort of thing.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
True, but making a new Generation, I'd think Nintendo would have learned from their past mistakes about that sort of thing.
Considering the game actually has been under construction for 4+ years, you'd've though they'd've learned.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

New Sprite Sheet for all the Pokemon in Black and White, that includes the National Dex(all generations).

They're in the spoiler below. For those who don't like spoilers, refrain from looking :P

Spoiler:

And these are the Back Sprites.

Spoiler:

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 09-21-2010, 07:31 PM
AUfan Offline

Quote:
I was thinking some more about Flareon's situation. While Flareon has always had terrific offensive stats for a mixed sweeper, their have always been two problems with him. The first, and more serious, problem is his lack of speed. The second, less serious problem is his lack of physical fire attack. I say the second problem is less serious because base 95 SpA is still pretty high and Flareon can make good use of Fire Blast or Overheat off that 95 stat in pretty much any offensive build. However, low speed has always been an issue for Flareon. With Nitro Charge now, however, he may be able to partially remedy that issue. Does anyone know for sure what exactly nitro charge does? I know it has a base power of 60 and is a physical fire attack that raises speed x amount of the time. I just want to know what the percentage of a speed boost is. If Nitro Charge turns out to be somewhat like charge beam, but increasing speed instead, then Flareon could potentially turn into a decent mixed sweeper in the lower tiers. A +1 speed boost at 252 spe EVs would be fast enough to sweep, and Flareon could do some pretty good damage with a guts boosted facade or Superpower + Fire blast (boosted by flash fire hopefully).

So does anyone know how nitro charge works?
Old 09-21-2010, 09:30 PM
dimondgirlofthefuture Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUfan View Post
I was thinking some more about Flareon's situation. While Flareon has always had terrific offensive stats for a mixed sweeper, their have always been two problems with him. The first, and more serious, problem is his lack of speed. The second, less serious problem is his lack of physical fire attack. I say the second problem is less serious because base 95 SpA is still pretty high and Flareon can make good use of Fire Blast or Overheat off that 95 stat in pretty much any offensive build. However, low speed has always been an issue for Flareon. With Nitro Charge now, however, he may be able to partially remedy that issue. Does anyone know for sure what exactly nitro charge does? I know it has a base power of 60 and is a physical fire attack that raises speed x amount of the time. I just want to know what the percentage of a speed boost is. If Nitro Charge turns out to be somewhat like charge beam, but increasing speed instead, then Flareon could potentially turn into a decent mixed sweeper in the lower tiers. A +1 speed boost at 252 spe EVs would be fast enough to sweep, and Flareon could do some pretty good damage with a guts boosted facade or Superpower + Fire blast (boosted by flash fire hopefully).

So does anyone know how nitro charge works?
I haven't a clue what it does.... D:
Old 09-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Quote:
Considering the game actually has been under construction for 4+ years, you'd've though they'd've learned.
Yes, because all Pokemon must be competitively perfect.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Here is something that I been thinking about.

The ability Encourage keeps the secondary effects from happen? So I am guessing that if a pokemon with this ability uses Air Slash that the flinch doesn't happen. Still does the Defense and Sp Defense drop from Superpower still happen?

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:52 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Yes, because all Pokemon must be competitively perfect.

Unnecessary troll is unnecessary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard Michelle View Post
Here is something that I been thinking about.

The ability Encourage keeps the secondary effects from happen? So I am guessing that if a pokemon with this ability uses Air Slash that the flinch doesn't happen. Still does the Defense and Sp Defense drop from Superpower still happen?
I believe you mean Close Combat as Superpower lowers Attack and Defense. Of course if it does that makes Hihidaruma with Overheat a nasty combination. Same goes with Dragonite and Draco Meteor.

On other less important business, did you people know Rotom now changes typing when changing forms? I'm going to make a safe bet that that means the moves aquired from changing forms means constant STAB!!
Old 09-22-2010, 03:54 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
On other less important business, did you people know Rotom now changes typing when changing forms? I'm going to make a safe bet that that means the moves aquired from changing forms means constant STAB!!
Obviously... right?

Sounds good for Rotom, but is it even a good competitive mon anyway?

Waruvial 2177
Old 09-22-2010, 03:59 AM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
Obviously... right?

Sounds good for Rotom, but is it even a good competitive mon anyway?
Dude, it's bad for Rotom. And yes, he was used competitively.

Now he wont be able switch into Fightingattacks aimed at your Steel-types/Blissey. And no Ghost, means no Spinblocking, even though that'll be obsolete anyways. So yeah, I don't think Rotom will drop to UU, but he won't show up as much in OU when B/W roll into town. I might use him on a Rain/Sun Team, since now he gets STAB+ the weather, but that's about it now that he isnt a Ghost-type.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 09-22-2010, 04:13 AM

Quote:

I believe you mean Close Combat as Superpower lowers Attack and Defense. Of course if it does that makes Hihidaruma with Overheat a nasty combination. Same goes with Dragonite and Draco Meteor.

My mistake. Still yeah. If that is true then there will be some killer moves on the horizon it seems. Superpower has base of 150 and the only reason it doesn't get spam is because of the drops. Wonder what the final damage will be with stab. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
Dude, it's bad for Rotom. And yes, he was used competitively.

Now he wont be able switch into Fightingattacks aimed at your Steel-types/Blissey. And no Ghost, means no Spinblocking, even though that'll be obsolete anyways. So yeah, I don't think Rotom will drop to UU, but he won't show up as much in OU when B/W roll into town. I might use him on a Rain/Sun Team, since now he gets STAB+ the weather, but that's about it now that he isnt a Ghost-type.
I thought that it will just change it's electric typing to the other type and keeps it's ghost typing.

EDIT: Went to check. Oh wow. That seems like a stupid thing to do. It made more sense for him to keep his ghost typing but drop electric for the transformations.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:18 AM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

Quote:
EDIT: Went to check. Oh wow. That seems like a stupid thing to do. It made more sense for him to keep his ghost typing but drop electric for the transformations.
Yeah, but I see what they're getting at. If Rotom's in an oven, it wouldn't be able to phase through anything, would it? Still, way to ruin one of my favorite Pokemon Game Freak.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 09-22-2010, 04:21 AM
AUfan Offline

Quote:
While It would be better competitively, it probably makes more since for rotom to keep its electric typing since all of its transformations are appliances.

While Rotom can't spinblock or switch into fighting moves now, I don't really mind the change. In fact, I kind of like it. I always used Dusknoir over rotom anyway as a defensive ghost, and now the normal rotom, who looks a lot cooler than all of the appliances, will get some use in OU.

Plus, from an offensive standpoint, its probably better that rotom keep his electric typing than keeping the ghost typing.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
Yeah, but I see what they're getting at. If Rotom's in an oven, it wouldn't be able to phase through anything, would it? Still, way to ruin one of my favorite Pokemon Game Freak.
Yeah. Good point. If he is inside an oven then he can't go though walls and such. I guess my idea of Rotom was that he possessed things similar to how a ghost will possess people. Never thought it was because he electrically infuse/possessed the stuff.

Rotom isn't ruin as one of my favorites but it kind of makes me sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUfan View Post
While It would be better competitively, it probably makes more since for rotom to keep its electric typing since all of its transformations are appliances.

While Rotom can't spinblock or switch into fighting moves now, I don't really mind the change. In fact, I kind of like it. I always used Dusknoir over rotom anyway as a defensive ghost, and now the normal rotom, who looks a lot cooler than all of the appliances, will get some use in OU.

Plus, from an offensive standpoint, its probably better that rotom keep his electric typing than keeping the ghost typing.
It is a double edge sword. He loses an advantage in favor for another.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
I wasn't trolling, I was serious. It starts to get ridiculous when people think that every Pokemon should be in OU. Flareon hasn't got Flare Blitz because Game Freak don't want it to be a top tier mon.