Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 02:48 AM
Vevevicamp Offline
Master Trainer

Default Back from the dead, packing a new team.

Not everyone may remember me, but I've returned after clearing some things up in real life. I would've come back sooner, but I was working on a team in PokeSav (yes, they have legitimate stats and movesets) and I figured I might as well post it here.

It's an OU team, with a side of UU.

Aerodactyl with Choice Scarf, Jolly natured.
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

Basically just wanted a lead that can take out other leads. (Azelf, opposing Aerodactyl's, etc.)
Nothing special here, guaranteed to outrun most things, the except being other scarfed Aerodactyls. Some nice coverage, imo.

Arcanine with leftovers, Adamant nature.
120 HP / 152 Atk / 236 Spe and Flash Fire

~ Flare Blitz
~ ExtremeSpeed
~ Morning Sun
~ Toxic / Will-O-Wisp

I really love this Pokemon. Just the way it looks, the name, everything since generation one. It's also not too bad attacking, either. Toxic or Will-O-Wisp (leaning on Toxic) to force some switch outs, morning sun to recover some health.

Gengar with Life Orb, Timid nature
252 SpA / 252 Spe

~ Shadow Ball
~ Thunderbolt
~ Focus Blast
~ Explosion

Standard Gengar. Life Orb to boost attacks and score some lucky 2H or OHKOs and explosion to seriously dent, if not kill off, special walls.

Kingdra with leftovers, Swift Swim, Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe

~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Outrage
~ Substitute

The set is simple. Switch in late game, substitute, dragon dance once or twice, and attempt a sweep with waterfall.

Weavile with Choice Band, Jolly nature
40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe

~ Pursuit
~ Ice Shard
~ Low Kick
~ Ice Punch

Simple revenge killer. Might replace Ice Punch with Night Slash.

Mamoswine with Life Orb, Snow Cloak, Jolly nature

~ Earthquake
~ Ice Shard
~ Stone Edge
~ Ice Fang / Superpower

Another revenge killer, but this time Mamo doesn't have to switch out. If I only could recount the times Mamoswine has saved me from losing in shoddy.

Well yeah, that's my team for Pokemon Pearl. Please critique it well, as it is my FIRST team on a handheld Pokemon team that was EV trained. (with pokesav of course)

And I assure you, this time I am here for good at Pokemon Elite Forum.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Vevevicamp Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Back from the dead, packing a new team.

Bumped up.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:33 AM
NTT Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vevevicamp View Post
bumped up.
f
Quote:
Originally Posted by vevevicamp View Post
not everyone may remember me, but i've returned after clearing some things up in real life. I would've come back sooner, but i was working on a team in pokesav (yes, they have legitimate stats and movesets) and i figured i might as well post it here.

It's an ou team, with a side of uu.

Aerodactyl with focus sash, jolly natured.
4 hp / 252 atk / 252 spe

- taunt
- earthquake
- stone edge
- stealth rock

basically just wanted a lead that can take out other leads. (azelf, opposing aerodactyl's, etc.)
nothing special here, guaranteed to outrun most things, the except being other scarfed aerodactyls. Some nice coverage, imo.

the way the metagame is at the moment, a scarf aero won't beat out many leads. Of the top 15 leads atm (source:smogon shoddy server statistics feb-march), the only one you really stand a chance of ko'ing before it sets anything up is ninjask-the rest either carry focus sashes as standard or are too bulky for aero to ko off it's rather mediocre attack stat. The standard lead is a better option, considering you don't have any entry hazards yourself. Stealth rock is always a great investment- a single layer can potentially deny your opponent free switch-ins for the entire game.

arcanine with leftovers, adamant nature.
120 hp / 152 atk / 236 spe and flash fire

~ flare blitz
~ extremespeed
~ roar
~ toxic / will-o-wisp

i really love this pokemon. Just the way it looks, the name, everything since generation one. It's also not too bad attacking, either. Toxic or will-o-wisp (leaning on toxic) to force some switch outs, morning sun to recover some health.

morning sun is nowhere near as viable in ou as it is in the lower tiers, with all three weather users falling in the top 20 most used leads and tyranitar being the second most used pokemon overall. Arcanine's poor defensive typing means that any hits it takes are likely to do more than you can effectively heal. If you wanna keep with the bulky set, i'd go with roar over it.

gengar with life orb, timid nature
252 spa / 252 spe/6hp

~ shadow ball
~ thunderbolt
~ focus blast
~ explosion

standard gengar. Life orb to boost attacks and score some lucky 2h or ohkos and explosion to seriously dent, if not kill off, special walls.

yep

kingdra with leftovers, swift swim, adamant nature
252 atk / 252 spe

~ dragon dance
~ waterfall
~ outrage
~ substitute

the set is simple. Switch in late game, substitute, dragon dance once or twice, and attempt a sweep with waterfall.

ok.

weavile with choice band, jolly nature
40 hp / 252 atk / 216 spe

~ pursuit
~ ice shard
~ low kick
~ ice punch

simple revenge killer. Might replace ice punch with night slash.

i'd recommend just maxing out the speed, the hp evs are largely insignificant now that most azelf run fire blast. Otherwise fine.

mamoswine with life orb, snow cloak, jolly nature

~ earthquake
~ ice shard
~ stone edge
~ ice fang / superpower

another revenge killer, but this time mamo doesn't have to switch out. If i only could recount the times mamoswine has saved me from losing in shoddy.

fair enough.

well yeah, that's my team for pokemon pearl. Please critique it well, as it is my first team on a handheld pokemon team that was ev trained. (with pokesav of course)

and i assure you, this time i am here for good at pokemon elite forum.
Changes in bold. Sets are mostly solid, but if gengar goes down physical Walls are gonna cause you a world of pain, especially stall orientated teams. I'd bring in a mixed sweeper over weavile- you don't need two revenge killers and it's coverage is practically identical to gengar's.

Wifi (Soul Silver): 1677 6730 3945
Shoddy Battle (Smogon Server): NTT
Pokémon Online (Beta Server): NTT
Old 04-15-2010, 12:42 AM
SaviorSephiroth Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to SaviorSephiroth Send a message via MSN to SaviorSephiroth

Well, here we go.

Never use Choice Scarf on Aerodactyl, it's horrible. It has 394 of speed, almost nothing outspeed it. Use it as Standard Lead, which works pretty well in great part of opposite leads.

Aero @ Focus Sash
Ev's: 252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Jolly nature.
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Rock Slide
- EQ

Protect over Explosion and Hidden Power [Fire] over Thunderbolt on Gengar. With Protect, you can scout Scizor's Bullet Punch. If it's going to U-Turn, HP fire it. Same for Forrestress, since most part of them carries Payback.

A decent team also, must have to carry a Dragon resistance. I suggest you to use Scizor (Choice Band or SD'er) and replace the Arcanine with Heatran, which complety outclasses the loyal dog.

Your team will look like this: Aero, Kingdra, Heatran, Mamoswine, Scizor and Gengar.

Good luck.

-Hector