Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Scourge of Amaranth Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scourge of Amaranth
Default Re: Gaaaaaah.

Vanity, it's finals month. Most of the referees are in highschool and college. Quite frankly, if you're irritated, the only course of action is to suck it up. Nothing can be done. Nothing is going to be done. Harry is not going to pass a law that requires referees to spend time on battlers instead of their homework. When June starts up, things'll start being alive again. Until then, there are three or so really, really active referees. If you're not going to suck it up yourself, suck it up to them.

EmBreon is the maple syrup to my slightly undercooked crepe
{URPG Stats}--{ASB Stats}--{Fanfiction}
khajmer = biffle
yoface = broham

thegalleonman: (8:37:28 PM) How sad.
thegalleonman: (8:37:37 PM) I'm amused.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:57 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Not reffing =/= laziness. I actually despise it when people say that we're being lazy if we don't ref. Just because we became a ref doesn't mean we're gonna be all 'Omgyay someone asked me to ref". We're not, and (hopefully) never will be obliged to ref for people.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
The refs around here are bugging me, lately I haven't been able to get any battles. I can't earn any money because it's impossible to become a referee, or anything else. It's just annoying when you need money. I recently restarted and I only have 2 Pokemon, how am I supposed to get into the National Park or buy new items if all the refs are being lazy?

Basically what I'm saying, is that Refs won't do battles for me, I just wanted everyone to know.
omg .__.

Referees aren't "lazy" for not reffing for you. Maybe they're just busy? Y'know, they're people too, and have lives that don't actually revolve around the URPG. When you whine like this it doesn't exactly make people want to ref for you either; you're not doing yourself any favours. Chances are, you're just unlucky, you probably just ask people at the wrong time, i.e. when they're about to start their homework, go for dinner, go to bed etc. Also, like Scourge said, school's taking up a lot of people's time right now.

It's hardly like there's some big referee conspiracy against you.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 05-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Near Offline

Send a message via AIM to Near Send a message via MSN to Near

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge of Amaranth View Post
Vanity, it's finals month. Most of the referees are in highschool and college. Quite frankly, if you're irritated, the only course of action is to suck it up. Nothing can be done. Nothing is going to be done. Harry is not going to pass a law that requires referees to spend time on battlers instead of their homework. When June starts up, things'll start being alive again. Until then, there are three or so really, really active referees. If you're not going to suck it up yourself, suck it up to them.
I'm active, but I won't ref for Vanity anymore, because he complained :(

Click "Near" for my Stats, and "Blue" for BJ's Stats.

I WILL NOT BE ACTIVE FROM JUNE 24TH TILL JULY 2ND.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Brizer Offline
PE2K Website Staff

lolol at Ref Rage because people complain about their inactivity. In all seriousness, you all shouldn't get so pissed off when people get mad about your inactivity. If you don't ref that much, you'll probably hear some whining. Thats the way it is, and you knew that when you became a ref. I'm not saying hes right by complaining, but you guys really should not be railing on him like this. Theres almost 2 pages of people telling him hes wrong. Is there any reason for some of you to reiterate the point? Just shut up, ref or don't ref, and understand that people will whine. Its not something that is going to stop. Or say something to them personally. Is that so unreasonable?

Near: Brizer, I NEED YOU ...damnit. Wow that sounded pretty gay
URPG Stats
Old 05-01-2010, 10:08 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizer View Post
lolol at Ref Rage because people complain about their inactivity. In all seriousness, you all shouldn't get so pissed off when people get mad about your inactivity. If you don't ref that much, you'll probably hear some whining. Thats the way it is, and you knew that when you became a ref. I'm not saying hes right by complaining, but you guys really should not be railing on him like this. Theres almost 2 pages of people telling him hes wrong. Is there any reason for some of you to reiterate the point? Just shut up, ref or don't ref, and understand that people will whine. Its not something that is going to stop. Or say something to them personally. Is that so unreasonable?
Stop whining about the whining dammit.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Brizer Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post
Stop whining about the whining dammit.
Stop whining about my whining about whining.

And this is really more of an order than me whining any further. ;P

Near: Brizer, I NEED YOU ...damnit. Wow that sounded pretty gay
URPG Stats
Old 05-02-2010, 09:54 AM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizer View Post
It's fine when people are just asking about refs and wondering whether they're doing something wrong - it's when people start being all 'Refs are being lazy', 'Refs should make reffing a priority, that's why they became a ref', 'Omg, all refs hate me and won't ref for me' etc... that we get angry.

Look at the ref wages - call that inactivity? It's just a matter of being unlucky and asking at a bad time.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami

Well, I reffed like a trilluion battles for you Ryan, but othertimes when you asked I said no.

I worked quite abit, but I, just like everyone else, get tired of tesious things, you gotta respect sometimes refs just don't wanna ref, jsut like gym leaders just don't wanna ref.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:23 AM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Zombie Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
Well, I reffed like a trilluion battles for you Ryan, but othertimes when you asked I said no.

I worked quite abit, but I, just like everyone else, get tired of tesious things, you gotta respect sometimes refs just don't wanna ref, jsut like gym leaders just don't wanna ref.
I think you mean they don't want to battle...? But I have to admit, there are still people out there that have challenged my gym, but I've turned them down becuase I was leaving in 20min. (which doesn't give a lot of time for a gym battle), but they might say 'okay, but if you ever see me on, IM me.' and to be honest I see some of them on sometimes, but don't IM them (not only becuase I think they should see if I'm on then IM me anyways, but) becuase I may not feel up to it.

Oh, and ramble ramble ramble, that is all. :]