Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 11:26 PM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE
Default Re: [T]he [D]eadly [L]egacy .:Recruiting:. [7/15]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick View Post
Dude, I just had a kickass idea for a name if we decide to make a new one: New Kids On The Block.
Dunno if you like it or not, but it just popped into my head for some reason.
EDIT: New avatars are new. :3
Did you know there was a boy band in th 90's called that :o I like it, but BlueJello said he perfectly find with keeping it TDL. So we can keep it or change? The shades make hlee sexy

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 05-14-2010, 01:33 AM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubatheDiverman View Post
Did you know there was a boy band in th 90's called that :o I like it, but BlueJello said he perfectly find with keeping it TDL. So we can keep it or change? The shades make hlee sexy
Oh right. We don't really wan't to be associated with a boy band... However, it's not that I don't like our current name, it's just I think there could be better ones. Our name just seems like a couple of badass and majestic words. I know it was also a band in the early 80's, but I like the name Mercyful Fate. Plus our initials would then be MF.... :P
Old 05-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Red X Offline
Elite Trainer

■ Forum name: Red X
■ Age: 15
■ Read the rules?: Yes, both of them
■ Experience in competitive battles: Never been in one since I've never had wifi up untill now. (I am familiar with ev and iv training and ubers and such)
■ Tell us a little about your life: I'm 15, I've been a member of pe2k since feburary 2008 but have been in active since summer of 09' I'm also a former member of pokecommunity known as ssk, the leader of the best gym that forum ever had known as The Extreme Gym and that gym has been disbanded since late last year. Also being known as the longest runinng gym ever on pokecommunity. And I like women.
■ Do you have a YouTube account? If yes, put your link: http://www.youtube.com/user/Azale8475
■ What's your preferred Pokémon type?: Fire
■ What's your preferred Pokémon?: Lucario
■ Are you going to be active?: yeah
Old 05-15-2010, 04:55 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick View Post
Oh right. We don't really wan't to be associated with a boy band... However, it's not that I don't like our current name, it's just I think there could be better ones. Our name just seems like a couple of badass and majestic words. I know it was also a band in the early 80's, but I like the name Mercyful Fate. Plus our initials would then be MF.... :P
True, I just want to keep it because it was hector's clan and he picked the name, this clan never has won a war match, and I was lazy didn't feel like writing all the stuff that is required for a clan xD. But Mercyful Fate sounds cool, but I'm still trying to figure out how it looks as a clan name. Names I was consideringwhen savior left:
Demon Hunters(another band)
The Backlash Brothers
The Omega Complex
M.S.A.C.S.A.P.W.C.T.N.T.C.S.W.C.C.T.Y.H.F.T.O.Y.T. J(Mega Super Awesome Clan of Super Awesome People Who Couldn't Think of a Name for This Clan So We're Calling the Clan This and if You Haven't Figure This Out Yet This is a Joke);)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X View Post
■ Forum name: Red X
■ Age: 15
■ Read the rules?: Yes, both of them
■ Experience in competitive battles: Never been in one since I've never had wifi up untill now. (I am familiar with ev and iv training and ubers and such)
■ Tell us a little about your life: I'm 15, I've been a member of pe2k since feburary 2008 but have been in active since summer of 09' I'm also a former member of pokecommunity known as ssk, the leader of the best gym that forum ever had known as The Extreme Gym and that gym has been disbanded since late last year. Also being known as the longest runinng gym ever on pokecommunity. And I like women.
■ Do you have a YouTube account? If yes, put your link: http://www.youtube.com/user/Azale8475
■ What's your preferred Pokémon type?: Fire
■ What's your preferred Pokémon?: Lucario
■ Are you going to be active?: yeah
Sweet you're in :D All I ask is if you have a battle with brody, ryan, or me just to see how good you are. (Note: This isn't a tryout battle, cause you're already in) But yeah I remember you, welcome back

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 05-15-2010, 05:53 AM
Broderick Offline

Quote:
True, I just want to keep it because it was hector's clan and he picked the name, this clan never has won a war match, and I was lazy didn't feel like writing all the stuff that is required for a clan xD. But Mercyful Fate sounds cool, but I'm still trying to figure out how it looks as a clan name. Names I was consideringwhen savior left:
The Backlash Brothers
The Omega Complex
M.S.A.C.S.A.P.W.C.T.N.T.C.S.W.C.C.T.Y.H.F.T.O.Y.T. J(Mega Super Awesome Clan of Super Awesome People Who Couldn't Think of a Name for This Clan So We're Calling the Clan This and if You Haven't Figure This Out Yet This is a Joke);)

Sweet you're in :D All I ask is if you have a battle with brody, ryan, or me just to see how good you are. (Note: This isn't a tryout battle, cause you're already in) But yeah I remember you, welcome back
The Omega Complex sounds good. I think for a name though we shouldn't use an adjective, rather just a noun (pardon my getting technical). Like just The Complex, or maybe The Congregation. Or something that just popped into my head, Unit "insert letter or acronym here".
Good to see a new clan member, iirc he was a member in LMSSI for a while.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Red X Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
The Backlash Brothers
The Omega Complex

Never mind, I don't want to join this clan anymore.

Last edited by Red X; 05-16-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:36 PM
scubasteveE Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X View Post
Never mind, I don't want to join this clan anymore.
Why? If it's because of activity, that will change very fast. This clan is merging with Endless Possibilities, and that thread will be up tomorrow. Also you can be in this clan and the free democratic society(because it's not technically a clan, I'm actually thinking about joining it)

Edit: OBTW, the new clan thread will be up tomorrow :D

Last edited by scubasteveE; 05-16-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:14 AM
Garchompo Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: [T]he [D]eadly [L]egacy .:Recruiting:. [8/15]

■ Forum name: Garchompo
■ Age: 16
■ Read the rules?: Yes
■ Experience in competitive battles: Since 2007
■ Tell us a little about your life: Love Jiu Jitsu
■ Do you have a YouTube account? If yes, put your link: www.youtube.com/user/TeamHighTimes
■ What's your preferred Pokémon type?: Normal
■ What's your preferred Pokémon?: Latias
■ Are you going to be active?: Yes
MY YOUTUBE
FC is 3394 9872 7925
Member of The Deadly Legacy
Old 05-17-2010, 04:02 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garchompo View Post
■ Forum name: Garchompo
■ Age: 16
■ Read the rules?: Yes
■ Experience in competitive battles: Since 2007
■ Tell us a little about your life: Love Jiu Jitsu
■ Do you have a YouTube account? If yes, put your link: www.youtube.com/user/TeamHighTimes
■ What's your preferred Pokémon type?: Normal
■ What's your preferred Pokémon?: Latias
■ Are you going to be active?: Yes
Sweet! You're in. Just let brody, ryan, or me battle you to see your skill level. I also remember you, welcome back

Old 05-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Garchompo Offline
Experienced Trainer

Yea send me a messege on here or my AIM which is Garchomp Imports
MY YOUTUBE
FC is 3394 9872 7925
Old 05-17-2010, 10:49 PM
scubasteveE Offline

Quote:
Yea send me a messege on here or my AIM which is Garchomp Imports
Cool I added you.

I'm going to see if someone else wants to join.....

Old 05-18-2010, 01:29 AM
Garchompo Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Cool I added you.

I'm going to see if someone else wants to join.....
Sorry my AIM is GarchompImports I'll battle you sometime during the week we'll set up a time. I'm really looking forward to coming back to PE2K. I've played on tons of old teams Shadow Cobras, Team Aqua, Ice Team, Spartans, and Dragon something. BTW thank you for letting me in. I'm ready for war whenever
MY YOUTUBE
FC is 3394 9872 7925

Last edited by Garchompo; 05-18-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:34 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Quote:
Sorry my AIM is GarchompImports I'll battle you sometime during the week we'll set up a time. I'm really looking forward to coming back to PE2K. I've played on tons of old teams Shadow Cobras, Team Aqua, Ice Team, Spartans, and Dragon something. BTW thank you for letting me in. I'm ready for war whenever
It's cool, I figured that there was no space :P I don't remember shadow cobras(must sprung up when I took my break a couple of years ago) but yeah those were some nice clans. I'm glad so of the old members are coming back

Really anytime is good for me, as long as it's not before 12pm eastern time because I'm probably asleep xD

Old 05-20-2010, 04:50 AM
Broderick Offline

Quote:
It's cool, I figured that there was no space :P I don't remember shadow cobras(must sprung up when I took my break a couple of years ago) but yeah those were some nice clans. I'm glad so of the old members are coming back

Really anytime is good for me, as long as it's not before 12pm eastern time because I'm probably asleep xD
Didn't know you went to sleep at noon. Quit being such an old fart Steve.

*Yawns* Done hibernating, back to pokes and stuff. I'm not sure if the new thread is up, I haven't seen in... but yeah, I have a lead T-tar set I may use in a team at some point.

Tyranitar@ Expert Belt
Sand Stream
Rash
172 HP / 84 Spe / 252 SpA
- Pursuit / Crunch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock / Roar / Stone Edge / Rock Slide / Earthquake

This is to be used as an anti-lead, and that's it. What this does is counter some of the most common leads: Azelf, Swampert, and to an extent Metagross, Aerodactyl, and Heatran.
-Moves:
Basically Pursuit vs. Crunch is if you want to get it on the switch more often, or kill it off straight away when Sandstorm is factored in. I personally would use Crunch, because then I have a proper attacking move. HP Grass cleanly 2KHO's Swampert, doing around 75% on average iirc from the calc. No, it won't OHKO because it's not STAB, and Swampert usually carries max HP; sadface. Fire Blast is rather self-explanatory, to hit Metagross (and any other steels that come in that aren't named Scizor and Jirachi). The last move is completely customizable to your team makeup. Stealth Rock would be if you're that kind of players that sets up and goes straight to the offensive core; however, I'm not that kind of person and would value Roar. To elaborate, I like to do a lot of scouting and make sure that I can bring in my sweeper safely, even if it means possibly losing or crippling a wall / tank. Roar is helpful to scout what kind of player your opponent is as well; if you want to take the risk you can stay in on Lead Machamp, who has been making a comeback and Roar it out on the sub. The same could be done to Ninjask leads, despite them being uncommon. You could also Roar our Aerodactyl, since you wouldn't be using Stone Edge. Speaking of it, Stone Edge or Rock Slide is another move option. It allows you to hit Salamence and Gyarados if they were to face off with T-tar here, and dealing with Zapdos. It would also do more damage to Suicune, but you could again, opt for Roar.
Earthquake is also there to hit lead Heatran, and Infernape if you're ballsy enough to stay in on that.
-EV's:
The key part of this, 84 Speed EV's, allows you to outspeed lead Metagross by a point, and obviously outspeed Swampert. Fire Blast iirc 2HKO's with an Occa, but not by a whole lot. Sorry, I did these calcs like 3 days ago. xD
Max Special attack to do as much damage as possible with Fire Blast and HP Grass (Rash nature is to boost that as well.) The HP are leftovers, but one could potentially put them into attack if you opt your last move as Stone Edge or EQ, but I prefer to have bulk and a phazing move as to another attack, since my team would be backing me up.

Sorry for the freaking analysis there, but I over-explain things. xD What do you guys think?
Old 05-20-2010, 03:04 PM
scubasteveE Offline

I met I usually sleep till noon, because I usually goto be at 3 a.m xD I'm a night owl. Only reason why I'm up so early is that I was going to get my tourny match done.

Looks pretty good. This can mimic a choice scarf pretty well since nowadays that's what you usually see. I like pursuit over crunch because when roserade and azelf leads are out, they will automatically think it's scarf'd, so they because instant pursuit bait.(Though roserade may stay in since they do carry sash) No atk evs bothers me, but it's probably fine.

Closed Thread