Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 07:17 PM
KageryuEX Offline

Send a message via AIM to KageryuEX
Default Re: [T]he [D]eadly [L]egacy .:Recruiting:. [8/15]

@takeru takaishi
I think (or at least I hope), that it will become uber again.
Why? Simple, just take a look at the Shoddy usage statistics for the last month(s): Things like Scarf Tyranitar, which would have been a gimmicky set at best in the metagame before latias are actually standard pokemon at the moment. Same with OU staples like Scizor and the likes, as long as they counter Latias(or at least a specific set) in a way, they are bound to be used a lot.
What am I trying to say? Latias overcentralizes the metagame. It's not balanced at all, because certain pokemon are found in every other team.
While not being as broken as something like Garchomp for example, I believe that Latias has changed the metagame to the worse and makes it much less enjoyable.

Last edited by KageryuEX; 05-22-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:18 PM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puh-tree-cee-oh View Post
Forum Name: Puh-tree-cee-oh
Read the rules: 100%
Experience: I play every day, I just need a clan
Life: I'm 14 in high school. Been playing pokemon for about 7 years.
Youtube:No
Type: Dragon, Water
Pokemon: My Salamence
Activeness: Every day :)

I hope I can join ;)
Cool You're also in. I can't right now, but I'll like to battle you, again just a formality.
Wow 2 people in one day? Sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeru takaishi View Post
Exellent, on the subgect of competive battling what do you think will happen to latias?
I personally want it to say in OU. I don't see broken in OU, like all psychics it's pursuit bait, and there are things that can wall it and counter. I think people just want it out of OU so they don't have to deal with it.

Edit: Also we're not accepting any more members since when this clan and EP merges, we'll have a full amount. I'm taking fullmetal off the list because he isn't active.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Last edited by scubasteveE; 05-22-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Puh-tree-cee-oh Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubatheDiverman View Post
Cool You're also in. I can't right now, but I'll like to battle you, again just a formality.
Wow 2 people in one day? Sweet.

I personally want it to say in OU. I don't see broken in OU, like all psychics it's pursuit bait, and their are that can wall it and counter. I think people just want it out of OU so they don't have to deal with it.

Edit: Also we're not accepting any more members since when this clan and EP merges, we'll have a full amount. I'm taking fullmetal off the list because he isn't active.
Thanks! I won't be able to battle today either:( I'm off to see Shrek! I'll be on tomorrow or even late tonight. I live in Eastern Standard Time so see ya

IGN: Patrick FC: 1849 4621 3425
Old 05-22-2010, 07:29 PM
scubasteveE Offline

Quote:
Thanks! I won't be able to battle today either:( I'm off to see Shrek! I'll be on tomorrow or even late tonight. I live in Eastern Standard Time so see ya
Ok that's cool.

@Nulk: that's also cool. I look forward to battleing you and puh

Did everybody decided to join and login at the sametime? xD

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 05-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageryuEX View Post
@takeru takaishi
I think (or at least I hope), that it will become uber again.
Why? Simple, just take a look at the Shoddy usage statistics for the last month(s): Things like Scarf Tyranitar, which would have been a gimmicky set at best in the metagame before latias are actually standard pokemon at the moment. Same with OU staples like Scizor and the likes, as long as they counter Latias(or at least a specific set) in a way, they are bound to be used a lot.
What am I trying to say? Latias overcentralizes the metagame. It's not balanced at all, because certain pokemon are found in every other team.
While not being as broken as something like Garchomp for example, I believe that Latias has changed the metagame to the worse and makes it much less enjoyable.
It is of my personal opion that i do not have the sufficient evidance to see that latias is truly uber or ou. As for overcentralistion that dose not chercterise an uber under the three charecterstics but implies uberness in it's self.

For my other opion I rather like latias, ignoring the fact she is some what scizor bait and tyranitar bait, she dose serve as a check for sevral threats in the metagame and can server as sweeper clam mind passer, ect ect. I do take issue with the fact I have to build my team that abnormally little bit more just for latais, and at the same time she fits perfectly into some of my teams. Now that i have gotten used to the idea of a latias free metagame I don't really care if she is baned or not now as i have been working on viable replacements for her and it will ease team building.

scar tar is high in use for other reasons other than to bring death to latias. I personally don't think it would plumit in useage past the 20% mark after a latias ban
Old 05-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick

Quote:
Ok that's cool.

@Nulk: that's also cool. I look forward to battleing you and puh

Did everybody decided to join and login at the sametime? xD

Yeah, except I don't need to fill out a form because that's just the way I roll. 8]
New members are always good, but Puh-Tree-Cee-Oh, we needed you to specify your competitive battling experience.
Steve, you need to check out Heathen's new album, particularly the song No Stones Unturned. It's eleven and a half minutes of American Thrash Metal, and Prog. Metal goodness. \m/
Friend coming over in like an hour, so yeah, won't be active like any more today, or tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:43 PM
scubasteveE Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick View Post

Yeah, except I don't need to fill out a form because that's just the way I roll. 8]
New members are always good, but Puh-Tree-Cee-Oh, we needed you to specify your competitive battling experience.
Steve, you need to check out Heathen's new album, particularly the song No Stones Unturned. It's eleven and a half minutes of American Thrash Metal, and Prog. Metal goodness. \m/
Friend coming over in like an hour, so yeah, won't be active like any more today, or tomorrow.
I met or instead of and xD.

Oh yeah, I was kind of excited that people were posting and joining that I kind of forgot :x We do need to see if you have the basic knowledge of competitive battling. Cool I'll check it out. You need to check out As I Lay Dying's new album. It's the best album I've heard all year.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick

Quote:

Oh yeah, I was kind of excited that people were posting and joining that I kind of forgot :x We do need to see if you have the basic knowledge of competitive battling. Cool I'll check it out. You need to check out As I Lay Dying's new album. It's the best album I've heard all year.
Haven't listened to them; what genre are they? I know you like Metalcore and iirc Black Metal.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Nulk Offline

Quote:

i haven't listened to them in a while, love their old stuff.

FC: 0389-2319-3110

Old 05-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Puh-tree-cee-oh Offline

Quote:

Don't worry. I'll show you how good I am. Now I must ev train my dragonite, Charizard, Blastoise, Feraligatr, Salamence, Kingdra, Blaziken, Tyranitar, and Charizard. I'll choose from these for battle. Hmmm... possibly electavire as well

Old 05-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Wandering_Wind Offline

Default Re: [T]he [D]eadly [L]egacy .:Not Recruiting ATM:. [9/15]

Hi! Are you no longer recruiting? I saw there were some spots still open, and I was thinking about joining.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Wind View Post
Hi! Are you no longer recruiting? I saw there were some spots still open, and I was thinking about joining.
We're having a clan merge, so there aren't any spots open. However, stick around for a while. I have some members that rarely post, so I'm thinking about kicking them.

As for the new thread, that'll be up in a mo. Sorry about the delay, life has been different these past few days.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Puh-tree-cee-oh Offline

This is just a post showing me as active. I don't want to be kicked the following day of being inducted

Old 05-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
This is just a post showing me as active. I don't want to be kicked the following day of being inducted
It's absolutely fine. xD As long as you aren't inactive for a week without warning, you're still in the clan.

Near and Vanity, please post soon. I'm giving you guys a three day limit before I'm kicking you.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Puh-tree-cee-oh Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
It's absolutely fine. xD As long as you aren't inactive for a week without warning, you're still in the clan.

Near and Vanity, please post soon. I'm giving you guys a three day limit before I'm kicking you.
Ok :)

Closed Thread