Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:05 AM
Linchy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Linchy
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawile_rocks View Post
@Broderick: It looks fine to me, but the black bars at the edges look like they don't belong. At the very least, you could put a black border around the top and bottom edges to even it out.

PS7. Here's my latest banner, and first ever, non-Pokémon, non-request banner.

It's enourmous, I know...
@Mawlie_rocks
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG YOU USE PS7 NUUU WAYYY TEACH ME HOW TO DOO THATT OHHH THAT ISS EPICCCCC.
Ahem.
The size doesn't really matter me because if you resize it then it'll be in better quality. Sometimes I accidentally make big banners not knowing what the pixels are (back in the day where I used no tutorials and only had a crappy laptop and Gimp - not that it was bad...well it kind of was XD) As PigMan said, the techy feeling in it is great!

What I don't like is that the girl is transparent, to me it feels like that she's part of the background a little bit (not to mention her hair blends perfectly in with the background) Try bringing her out a little bit more, just enough so the patterns in the background won't show on the focal as much. :) Unfortunately I would suggest some ways like a very smart person would but I'm -new- so I don't really know how to do it. -.- And even I wanted to know it would take me ages to get it. (example, clipping masks! ugh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigMan View Post
I love the techy feel to it.
Also, great job with the colors.
I just hate the size

Also, just downloaded Gimp, and messed areound with a few things, and this is what i got..
I don't really like it.

Haha, to be honest I don't exactly like it either. I'm no expert on Pokemon so excuse me for not naming it. Dunno how you got the Pokemon like that, but I like the background. The splatters give the nice effect and it's simple (not in a bad way) it's just that the Pokemon ruins it. :P As said before I would suggest a way to fix it but I'm no expert on Gimp (nor am I in Photoshop.) :)

I would link a signature but I can't be bothered.

*creak creak*

OKAY, I changed my mind. :P Here's the sig:

Eh, I love it but I think I sharpened it a tad too much...
XD RUKIA IS AWESOMEEE :D
Old 09-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick

Thanks to those that commented on the banner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaia View Post
@ Mawile_rocks : I would have never thought for such a great concept. The Mr. Mime And Flying Cards thing rocks. The text is great too, but IMO I would rather have it smaller so it doesn't take away the focal point. Right now I'm seeing the text more than I can focus on Mime. For the colouring... honestly, it could be better. The colours are just everywhere and it really sores my eye, no offense. What program do you use? It's a good tag otherwise. :)

@ Broderick : Nice, simple small tag. Everything fits in with the Sunkern sprite. It could be brighter though. To me it looks boring. >_< I can't really give any CC on it actually because, y'know, it doesn't look like you put many effects on it. :(
Yeah, I think I went a bit heavy with the Orange/Purple gradient map. I was going for bright in the center around the sprite, and darker around the edges. I think I may go in and revise it a bit. Post shall be edited in time.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:29 AM
Gaia Offline

Send a message via MSN to Gaia

@ Mawile_rocks : Very nice work on the background. The raw use of the C4D works well with the tech brushes. Colours are lush too. Only things bothering me are the render overlay and the text. First of all, it usually is a bad idea to do a screen/overlay on the focal point, because you want to have the focal point (in this case the anime girl render) to pop out from the rest of the banner. Right now, it's like there's no proper focal point in the banner. :( As for text...well, it could've been better. Can't say why it bothers me, but experiment with text placement. If it looks good to you however, it's fine. :) Nice banner overall.

@ PigMan : With Gimp, that looks pretty cool. The background looks nice, and the colours compliment Gulpin well. I think Gulpin should look a bit darker though.

@ Linchy : Cool tag. Nice use of brushes and I like the palette. Like you said however, it's sharpened a tad too much. Learn to control sharpen/blur, as it is crucial to create an excellent-looking depth. Right now, I don't see any depth in it at all. You could do something with lighting too. Logically, there is no lighting for a render like that, since the lighting goes from "above" him. Ergo, the lighting on the top left feels stamped on. The darkening on the right side of the tag seems kind of wrong too. >_< Nonetheless, the effects look great at the right side. :)

Old 09-26-2010, 02:21 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchy View Post

Eh, I love it but I think I sharpened it a tad too much...
XD RUKIA IS AWESOMEEE :D
Yeah, the tag looks really nice. The lighting and darkening need to make sense though, dont just stamp a light source on the top corner and then make a dark corner, it needs to make sense as if what would really be happening if it were a real scene.

I'd love to see that tag if you blurred a lot of the stuff to the right (not too much, but just enough), and turned down the sharpening on the focal just a tad.

Waruvial 2177
Old 09-26-2010, 02:50 AM
Linchy Offline

@Y2kPikachu12 & Gaia
Thanks for the advice! :) Luckily I always save my sigs as PSD and PNG, so I can fix up the errors. I totally forgot about the dark and lighting spots. :P I was following a tutorial. I'll work on it. Thanks!

Oh and to Gaia, the character in the tag is a she. :P Rukia from Bleach.

EDIT
Tried using the blur tools and the deskspeckle, it doesn't make a lot of difference. The smart blue takes away some details so I'm not sure if I should use that. Any suggestions?

DOUBLEEDIT

Last edited by Linchy; 09-26-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

@Linchy: I perfer the first tag, the second one looks a little too blurry. But on both, the light on the toungue looks odd.

Comments on this?
Old 09-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
DOUBLEEDIT
I like that you used the light from the right side as the light source, it makes a lot more sense. Altough I would try to sharpen it just a tiny tiny bit because it looks a little too blurry, and maybe a tiny bit less darkness in the top left. Oh and it's personal preference, but in my opinion a border would help. Otherwise, I think it looks great.

Waruvial 2177
Old 09-27-2010, 01:19 AM
Linchy Offline

Quote:
@Linchy: I perfer the first tag, the second one looks a little too blurry. But on both, the light on the toungue looks odd.

Comments on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
I like that you used the light from the right side as the light source, it makes a lot more sense. Altough I would try to sharpen it just a tiny tiny bit because it looks a little too blurry, and maybe a tiny bit less darkness in the top left. Oh and it's personal preference, but in my opinion a border would help. Otherwise, I think it looks great.
@Mawlie_rocks
It's a lollipop. :P And I think when I adjusted the texture on I forgot to rub it out. I'll fix it up when I manage to find the layer that did that, and since the texture was a "starry, blurry lights" kind of one I guess it does kind of look like some light. Thanks. For your signature it looks great except for the colours (not the choice of colours, I mean, how do I explain this...the colours look like they've been contrasted a bit too much especially the red. Wait, I think it's only the red. XD Try lowering down the contrast on it. My opinion, I'm probably wayyy wrong.

What I also don't like is the text placement. It would make more sense to put it together, one on top of the other or next to each other. It kind of looks like they were randomly placed.

@Y2kPikachu12
Thanks for the tips. I think the darkness at the left was originally part of the picture. I'll fix it.:)
Old 09-27-2010, 01:39 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:

Comments on this?
Linchy's right about the contrast, the red and blue look way contrasted. It looks kind of busy but I guess that's cause it's small. Also, there's no light source or any depth. Try to blur different parts and add shading to work on that. In specific, maybe try getting rid of the colors on the guns, it would add to the man being the focal.

The text in the lower left is alright but then adding more at the top isn't really good. I'm unsure if I should look at the text, the other text, or the man.

Hope that helped.

Waruvial 2177
Old 09-27-2010, 04:03 AM
Linchy Offline

TRIPLEEDIT! :D

Okay, I've edited it once more. XD I can't be bothered editting it again.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:19 PM
JokesterJesse Offline
I l l u m i n a t i  P r i n c e

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse

Quote:

TRIPLEEDIT! :D

Okay, I've edited it once more. XD I can't be bothered editting it again.
Haven't given crit in a while so hear you go.

Hope you dont mind me painting on your banner. :P

The banner is nice, but could probably be better.

The Negative:
First thing I notices is how insanely bright it is on the right side.

^ shown up there.
This area is kinda messy and REALLY bright, the colors match the render but weird, the main problem i have with that area is the bright spots around it. The bright spot is what i consider the focal (What are you tend to look at the most) when i feel that you wanted it to be the girl. I would recommend darkening it.

Another thing I noticed was the orange splat of color that caught my eye on the girls face/hat thing.

^ shown up there.
Im not sure if it was like that when you got the render or you accidentally did that to it or on purpose, but it looks odd and shouldn't be there imo.

That is pretty much all the MAJOR MAJOR flaws that i see with but one thing I suggest, dont do white borders. I tested it and I feel that the piece would looks MUCH better tih a small white border rather than a white border. Also as I said it is kinda messy and I cant tell if there is a flow or not.

The Positive:
One thing that I liked was the color scheme, it works well with the Render and makes it a little more appealing for the eyes, but again that bright spot shown ^ there kinda ruins it. Another thing I like is the placing of the image it is fairly well done but the orange spot on the render shown ^ there kinda messes with it a bit. I also like that you didn't feel the need to unnecessarily cram some text into the banner.

Nice job overall. Hope it wasn't too negative.

~JKJesse~

Old 09-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Linchy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokesterJesse View Post
Haven't given crit in a while so hear you go.

Hope you dont mind me painting on your banner. :P

The banner is nice, but could probably be better.

The Negative:
First thing I notices is how insanely bright it is on the right side.

^ shown up there.
This area is kinda messy and REALLY bright, the colors match the render but weird, the main problem i have with that area is the bright spots around it. The bright spot is what i consider the focal (What are you tend to look at the most) when i feel that you wanted it to be the girl. I would recommend darkening it.

Another thing I noticed was the orange splat of color that caught my eye on the girls face/hat thing.

^ shown up there.
Im not sure if it was like that when you got the render or you accidentally did that to it or on purpose, but it looks odd and shouldn't be there imo.

That is pretty much all the MAJOR MAJOR flaws that i see with but one thing I suggest, dont do white borders. I tested it and I feel that the piece would looks MUCH better tih a small white border rather than a white border. Also as I said it is kinda messy and I cant tell if there is a flow or not.

The Positive:
One thing that I liked was the color scheme, it works well with the Render and makes it a little more appealing for the eyes, but again that bright spot shown ^ there kinda ruins it. Another thing I like is the placing of the image it is fairly well done but the orange spot on the render shown ^ there kinda messes with it a bit. I also like that you didn't feel the need to unnecessarily cram some text into the banner.

Nice job overall. Hope it wasn't too negative.

~JKJesse~

Funny thing is, none of it felt negative at all. ^_^ I didn't get the feeling I was being bashed or whatever. Nor did I felt like "LIKE OH-EM-GEE THIS PERSON DOES LIKE NOT KNOW HOW MUCH TROUBLE I'VE BEEN THROUGH TO LIKE FIX THAT UGH I'M SOOOOO ANNOYED RIGHT NOW I HATE HATE THIS PERSON AND OH MY NAILS ARE HORRIBLE NO DOUBT CAUSE OF THAT TERRIBLE PERSON IS THAT PERSON MALE OR FEMALE or MAYBE IT'S AN ALIENNNN noooImsuchagenius..."

If you get what I mean.

Actually, since I'm in a good mood I'll probably edit it again. :P I didn't really care that you "painted" on my work. Actually I liked the fact that you did that. ;) So thanks again, I will probably shove this into photoshop once more and fix up the problems.

Oh and about the colour scheme funnily enough the colour was supposed to be yellow-ish as the tutorial was called "Welcome to yellow city" but I liked the outcome.

Okay, enough about me. Is anybody else gonna post a sig and edit it three times like moi? ;)
Old 09-27-2010, 11:18 PM
JokesterJesse Offline

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse

Im male lol.

lol and glad you didn't feel like it was mean or anything lol, ill be glad to give more C+CC again after you edit it. And because I feel like it I'll post a banner I did a couple weeks ago.

Girly, I know oh well.

~JKJesse~
Old 09-27-2010, 11:32 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokesterJesse View Post
Im male lol.

lol and glad you didn't feel like it was mean or anything lol, ill be glad to give more C+CC again after you edit it. And because I feel like it I'll post a banner I did a couple weeks ago.

Girly, I know oh well.

~JKJesse~
Baybay, even if your name was Adam, people would still call you a girl x)
ily, anyway. EVEN THOUGH YOU DIDN'T DO MY NEVERSHOUTNEVER TAG YOU STUPID PERSON, YOU!!
Regardless; your tag:
The text is a weird color; too peachy-ish. And it's in a weird place. The left side is a little boring. I'd move the text over to the left and make it a fancy-er font.
Hope this helps, Adam, dear <3

/yesiamcrushingonyou.canyoutell?
Old 09-27-2010, 11:58 PM
JokesterJesse Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
Baybay, even if your name was Adam, people would still call you a girl x)
ily, anyway. EVEN THOUGH YOU DIDN'T DO MY NEVERSHOUTNEVER TAG YOU STUPID PERSON, YOU!!
Regardless; your tag:
The text is a weird color; too peachy-ish. And it's in a weird place. The left side is a little boring. I'd move the text over to the left and make it a fancy-er font.
Hope this helps, Adam, dear <3

/yesiamcrushingonyou.canyoutell?
lawl.

Text would look weird if it was moved to the left because than it would be less colored , and the "peachy-ishness" Looks better than it would be white. and fancy fonts arn't always the best. Most of them quite frankly, suck.

You straight trippin dawg.
~JKJesse~