Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:48 AM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

damn all great works x_x; GIMP? Photoshop? :x so many abstract backgrounds~~~
Old 09-28-2010, 05:18 AM
Linchy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Linchy

The magic of C4D's. ;)
Old 09-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Gaia Offline

Send a message via MSN to Gaia

@ JokesterJesse : Basically, you got almost everything nailed. Flow, color, focal point, bla bla bla... As for the text, it could be better, really. Try an Apply Image -> Clipping Mask on a new layer after that text, and move that mask to the lighting source. IMO it would look great. As for lighting, I think it would make better sense if you had all those effects on the top, since the raw render has already been given a shading. Still, if you can alter the render itself in such a way that the shading is opposite (darken, lighten tools), it might still look good. As for the border... try to not use the border, and see how it would look. IMO borders destroy the feel and flow of the tag. Nonetheless, it's a very nice tag. ;)

Old 09-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Linchy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokesterJesse View Post
Im male lol.

lol and glad you didn't feel like it was mean or anything lol, ill be glad to give more C+CC again after you edit it. And because I feel like it I'll post a banner I did a couple weeks ago.

Girly, I know oh well.

~JKJesse~
Thought as much ;)
Old 09-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchy View Post
Thought as much ;)
There's a four word rule you might like to obey, Linch. (I should call you Finch.)

Spoiler:
Old 09-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

@JokesterJesse: It looks fine I suppose, but the pitch blackness out there looks a little out of place. I think a few, super faint C4Ds could be thrown in there to give it a little more color.
And from the way the lighting on the text falls, it looks like Smoo chum.

But that's just me.

N'yway, here's a dark banner, to break away from monotony.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Deadshot Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawile_rocks View Post
@JokesterJesse: It looks fine I suppose, but the pitch blackness out there looks a little out of place. I think a few, super faint C4Ds could be thrown in there to give it a little more color.
And from the way the lighting on the text falls, it looks like Smoo chum.

But that's just me.

N'yway, here's a dark banner, to break away from monotony.

@Mawile_Rocks: Its great, but I see some imperfections with the flow, its those streaks that are bothering me. That huge red spot on the upper left hand corner is awkward.

I had put this in the competition, and I think it is pretty good!

Old 10-01-2010, 01:55 AM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
@Mawile_Rocks: Its great, but I see some imperfections with the flow, its those streaks that are bothering me. That huge red spot on the upper left hand corner is awkward.

I had put this in the competition, and I think it is pretty good!

The render and text is good, but for the text, I would use some font a bit more 'eye-popping' or something. I myself failed to notice it, with the image and the effects. The ghostly aura seems to be the main target in this thing, at least it catches my eye the most. Otherwise, it is, like most, one of the best I have seen from someone that is not a Mod.

Anyway, what am I actually here for? I want to post a banner or whatever you would call this upcoming thing. I know what you may be thinking; Tokyo makes banners? wtf? I thought she was a spriter...

Note that this is only my second banner type thing on GIMP, so don't kill meh if you don't like it.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Doodlebop Offline

@Tokyokit: You might wanna work on your rendering. Here's a suggestion: if you're going to do select to remove the white stuff, before you cut it, go to Select, then click on Grow. You can pick the amount of pixels it grows, but leave it on one. Hit okay, THEN cut it. You may still have some white stuff, so zoom in and carefully erase it. There's another method, I read a tutorial about it... But I can't find the tutorial. :P

So, anyway, this *waves at avvie and sig* is a set I made. First half-decent one. Opinions?

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 10-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Linchy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
There's a four word rule you might like to obey, Linch. (I should call you Finch.)
Why Finch, though?

To TokyoKit: I don't know Gimp as well as Photoshop, sadly. All I can say is that perhaps choose a better font and place it better, as well as the colours. Maybe choose another image, since I didn't know that was a tiger. There are some tutorials in the Tutorial and resources thread, and others floating around.

Hope that helped. XD

Sorry, I forgot to do yours. Hmm, I don't partially like the pink colour to it, try a more darker colour? Other than that I think it's great, especially the font. :)
Old 10-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Gaia Offline

Send a message via MSN to Gaia

@ Mawile_rocks : That Tyranitar banner could be better, really. Honestly, I don't really like it. >_< It has too much contrast that it sores the eye, the colors seem bleh, the wireframe C4D seems so out of place and so random, and the text should really be placed elsewhere. Can't really give any CC as it looks unfinished. Try another one, mate. Sorry. :(

@ Deadshot : Overall, the tag looks pleasant. Everything connects well. Only thing I have a problem for is the text. Like Tokyokit posted, the text is really dull and if anything, distracts from the focal point. If you could put it near the focal point, and completely change the text font, it will definitely look better. Also, don't be afraid to try a hand in typography. Experimenting in text space, font variation, bla bla bla on everything about text can and will help in creating a much better and more creative tag. As for border, it's a nice touch. But I'm not a fan of black borders. XD It's a nice tag, good job. A thumbs-up.

@ Tokyokit : Nice try on your second tag, Tokyokit. You know how to balance everything and that's great. For a newcomer, I can't really give any CC since you won't know many important aspects, so I encourage you to read up on GIMP banner tutorials to help you get better. You're doing great for now mate. :)

EDIT:

Tag I made for BotW. :)

EDIT 2:

Tag I made for Turab.

Last edited by Gaia; 10-09-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:41 PM
miyoun Offline

Send a message via MSN to miyoun Send a message via Skype™ to miyoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaia View Post
Personally it's a little too grey and where the white is makes it a little hard to read the text.
I don't know how to crit black and white banners :(

v1

v2

i havent made a banner using a render in a loooooooooong time as i only work with stock. just a little test.

don't wanna be a sing sing boy | twitter | last.fm
Old 10-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaia View Post

On both, I'd personally try blurring the background a little bit in the area away from the focal.

They stick out too much because they're so different from the rest of the tag, but a little blur tool does wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiume View Post

There's nothing much, too plain for my taste. I'd shrink the render down a bunch and throw a C4D or two behind and smudge the background a bit to follow the hair. But if you'd rather not, I'd say blur the less prominent parts of the render (like the right flower on the hair) a bit. And try to fix those lines in the background that don't flow with the hair. The coloring is good on the first one.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:31 PM
miyoun Offline

Send a message via MSN to miyoun Send a message via Skype™ to miyoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Snake View Post
There's nothing much, too plain for my taste. I'd shrink the render down a bunch and throw a C4D or two behind and smudge the background a bit to follow the hair. But if you'd rather not, I'd say blur the less prominent parts of the render (like the right flower on the hair) a bit. And try to fix those lines in the background that don't flow with the hair. The coloring is good on the first one.
that WAS the end of the render. i have too much of a life to spend it trying to edit a render so i could have it smaller.
but thanks.

this is why i stick to stocks. i hate renders.

don't wanna be a sing sing boy | twitter | last.fm
Old 10-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Doodlebop Offline

@Tobiume: It's not bad, a bit plain, but y'know. Umm... Not really much to say, but, if that was, as you say, the end of the render, you could try smudging the edge of the hair into the bg, then add some more special affects on the edge.... Not making any sense, am I? x.X

So I was wondering if I could have some crits on this thing I made:

It seems to plain to me, but I don't know what to add. Help, please?

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links

Last edited by Doodlebop; 10-18-2010 at 05:30 PM.