Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Kers Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Kers
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSmite View Post

I do believe this was back in...'08.

it looks pretty good, just the yellow/orange is really bright . the bright colors distact from the focal .

Old 03-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloImKers View Post
it looks pretty good, just the yellow/orange is really bright . the bright colors distact from the focal .

The effects are pretty sweet, I'm not feeling the background though. There's sort of a circle in the empty space to the right that distracts my eye, maybe work that layer with an eraser? I also feel the black circle thing in the back takes away from the flow because you have it going down-right (following the hair), and the circle goes left-up. Other than some fine tuning it's pretty nice, good work.

Now I need some feedback on this... because I'm not really sure what to think of my lighting work.

Render: http://i52.tinypic.com/246j1ud.jpg
Old 03-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Linchy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Linchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Snake View Post
The effects are pretty sweet, I'm not feeling the background though. There's sort of a circle in the empty space to the right that distracts my eye, maybe work that layer with an eraser? I also feel the black circle thing in the back takes away from the flow because you have it going down-right (following the hair), and the circle goes left-up. Other than some fine tuning it's pretty nice, good work.

Now I need some feedback on this... because I'm not really sure what to think of my lighting work.

Render: http://i52.tinypic.com/246j1ud.jpg

OMGOMGOMGTHATSLIKETHABESTHINGEVAAAA

It's really, really, good. I think maybe some more going 'upward' or something would help, and I dunno, but maybe test with the text? :)
Old 03-13-2011, 12:36 AM
Iconoclast Offline
Amateur Trainer

Not exactly a signature or avatar, but I made this banner for the PTA:

The background image is from the PTA Handbook. I put some soft glow, blur, and text on it.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Altrius Offline

First ever Photoshop banner ive ever made. For my new fan-fic. Be gentle :(
Old 04-01-2011, 02:43 PM
ragnarok0422 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to ragnarok0422 Send a message via Yahoo to ragnarok0422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrius View Post

I haven't posted here in ages.. I wonder if people still remember me here. o:

Well, for starters, this is a great thing because you created it perfectly. Although, you could learn a bit more effects on the internet so that you could further improve this masterpiece. You could try and create banners for your signature so that it wouldn't end up too small in your sig. Try using smaller heights and longer widths next time. :D

Anyways, the font goes well with the background since the theme of your masterpiece is grungy or something dark. That's good for beginners. You may want to study blending techniques in the near future. :)

^ I just made that a few minutes ago... I was Ar Tonelico Qoga-inspired. Because of their anime-styled images... I just had to make a banner out of it. XD

|| VPP Stats || URPG Stats || ASB Stats || Pokedex Project Stats || URPG Ranger Log ||
~ Credit to myself for making the Finnel avvie & banner! ~

Last edited by ragnarok0422; 04-01-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

I love how none of you commented on the previous piece, the whole point of this thread.

RIP PE2K Graphic Arts, once again.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:00 AM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Not exactly a signature or avatar, but I made this banner for the PTA:

The background image is from the PTA Handbook. I put some soft glow, blur, and text on it.
I like the dreamy effect that you added, and the location where you've placed the text, but the text needs a little more work/few more improvements. xD You should change the color of the text's stroke to a color from the banner, and you should also add a few sub-texts, because sometimes, sub-texts makes a banner look a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrius View Post

It looks good, but I think blending the renders in with the background would make the banner look better. Try smudging the sides of the renders, or add a bit of shadows below them. ^^ Also, don't be afraid to experiment with adjustment layers on your banners! Those things makes the colors balanced, and makes most things look better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarok0422 View Post

Well, for starters, this is a great thing because you created it perfectly. Although, you could learn a bit more effects on the internet so that you could further improve this masterpiece. You could try and create banners for your signature so that it wouldn't end up too small in your sig. Try using smaller heights and longer widths next time. :D

Anyways, the font goes well with the background since the theme of your masterpiece is grungy or something dark. That's good for beginners. You may want to study blending techniques in the near future. :)

^ I just made that a few minutes ago... I was Ar Tonelico Qoga-inspired. Because of their anime-styled images... I just had to make a banner out of it. XD
Wow. :o That looks awesome! The effects near the girl's right arm is too sharpened though. Too much sharpening can make something look harsh, so be careful~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Snake View Post
I love how none of you commented on the previous piece, the whole point of this thread.

RIP PE2K Graphic Arts, once again.
^ This. xD

I'll include those two in the next update of my gallery. ^^ CnC. Thanks!

......Previously known as Mizuki Emi
deviantART . Last.fm . Creative School

Last edited by Arch Enemy; 04-02-2011 at 05:06 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Altrius Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko-chan View Post
It looks good, but I think blending the renders in with the background would make the banner look better. Try smudging the sides of the renders, or add a bit of shadows below them. ^^ Also, don't be afraid to experiment with adjustment layers on your banners! Those things makes the colors balanced, and makes most things look better.

Thanks for the feedback, thats some good ideas :) getting used to Photoshop is pretty hard to begin with but its a damn powerful tool thats for sure :)

Quote:

Thanks for taking a peek. Im still practising a lot but im getting used to how Photohshop works. Its really fun to be honest :)
Old 05-11-2011, 03:03 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko-chan View Post

I'll include those two in the next update of my gallery. ^^ CnC. Thanks!
Well, this is just a leetle bit out of my league, but I'll give it a shot.

The first one, well, I can't really comment on it except by expressing my utter confusion. I have no clue who the person is or why the text is relevant. The orange splotches seem a bit chaotic and purposeless. That said, perhaps there is a purpose and I'm just not understanding the reference. The focal is very strong, and the banner is still quite pretty.

As for the second one, let me say that the effects are amazing. They do, however, look a little "pasted on", as if I was looking at 3-d effects hovering in front of a 3-d scene, and don't seem to be so much a part of the picture as in front of it. This is more noticeable in the left hand than in the right, which seems pretty seamless. This may also be due to the strange shadows on the left hand, since one would expect the underside of the arm to be lit up due to the magical ball; however, since it's a photograph you're working with I can understand the difficulties involved in changing it. The text is very well done, but I can't see a strong focus or flow due to the competing imagery of the guy's face, the right-hand magic-ball, and the text. Overall, amazing graphic.

Now, this is my first graphics work in about 6 months, so I'm likely to be quite rusty.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 06-15-2011, 12:23 AM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Well, this is just a leetle bit out of my league, but I'll give it a shot.

The first one, well, I can't really comment on it except by expressing my utter confusion. I have no clue who the person is or why the text is relevant. The orange splotches seem a bit chaotic and purposeless. That said, perhaps there is a purpose and I'm just not understanding the reference. The focal is very strong, and the banner is still quite pretty.

As for the second one, let me say that the effects are amazing. They do, however, look a little "pasted on", as if I was looking at 3-d effects hovering in front of a 3-d scene, and don't seem to be so much a part of the picture as in front of it. This is more noticeable in the left hand than in the right, which seems pretty seamless. This may also be due to the strange shadows on the left hand, since one would expect the underside of the arm to be lit up due to the magical ball; however, since it's a photograph you're working with I can understand the difficulties involved in changing it. The text is very well done, but I can't see a strong focus or flow due to the competing imagery of the guy's face, the right-hand magic-ball, and the text. Overall, amazing graphic.

Now, this is my first graphics work in about 6 months, so I'm likely to be quite rusty.

For an odd reason it reminds me of my Signature banner..

Anyway my mistake when I made my signature was how I placed the render to much to the side, which you seam to be doing as well.

The banner looks a tad bit blue and it's colours are really cold, the banner is not monotone, but you could use some more lively colours, a tad bit to white. The light source looks a bit weird and unusually shaped.. The render could blend a bit more into the background, like with the gun, it doesn't blend at all so it pops out, and the focal of the banner seams a bit unclear. The boarders look a bit to bright.. Maybe you can try black borders on two sides.
The text looks awesome, but still it's pretty hard to read, especially since the L is in blue. The banner is a bit to long. Tho the banner looks a bit Cold and Dark (Cold as in cool colours, warm colours are yellow, oranges and etc, cool colours are blue and milder colours). But the effects you used seam kinda overwhelming in the background.

So overall it's a pretty good banner just needs a bit colour adjustment I guess and the text looks awesome, you should definitely keep up with the text, but just try to make it 1 or 2 bigger also I really like your render, you picked a really good quality one, and your banner is in good quality, so kudos for that.. :D

This is the last banner I made:

Old 06-22-2011, 11:09 PM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R
Default Re: Signature, Avatar, and Drawing Showcase!

Updating this showcase.

So, if you have a drawing to share with us, you can! Just follow the basic showcase rules that were made here for banners/tags and avatars/icons. So, please, feel free to post drawings now!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:57 AM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
This is the last banner I made:

I like it...

... and such.

.. No but seriously, uhm. Its vibrant but not to the point that it's eye burning. So Kudos and making it look nice while still maintaining colors.. I enjoy the effects, light source, and depth. You seem to have tackled everything in this particular piece so it makes me proud to see so many people doing so well in this field. So no snaps or crits about your banner.

I'll give it a 4/5 rating cause I can. 4 because it doesn't BLOW my mind, you know? There are pieces that do that though.

I wish to critique your critique, however, but only slightly. First thing is that you repeated yourself, It's dark and cold it could use more lively colors. Then you said some other stuff, and then you were like, Though it's a bit cold and dark, it could use some more warm colors like yellow and orange. It's like "Okay I get it, it's a dark banner!" Understand that sometimes "dark" is just a style. But to your credit, you're right, his tag seems rather dismal and depressing. (No offense to you Lusankya, to YOUR credit, you were off of graphics for 6 months, and admitted to being a little bit rusty.)

Now look, I've always been adamant about criticism merely being ones expressed opinion. A person might love what another person hates, it means that generally no ONE person can change the opinion of another, but they do so anyway to try to help an artist improve, which is just fine for me. So I would hope that the things I say in this post doesn't offend anyone. If it does, then I am genuinely sorry.

Lusankya, It's been over a month, but I'm still gonna do this. So get ready for a book. Your render/focal point, it's a tad over-sharpened. It looks like a strange pixel-y mess. I dunno if you did it, or if it came that way, but man it's bad. The way that it blends into the background, also kinda makes it stand out. Perhaps placing some c4d around that cannon bit would make it a little more friendly to the eyes to make out what it is. This could be where the warm colors comes into play that Simmi mentioned. Throwing a rather radiant yellow to red C4D in there to counter-balance the purple blue and black would really work, I think. Depth is another bit, your render is one solid bit and there's nothing really to focus on, so it looks copy-paste-sharpen-finish. There's no really obvious of visible light source, either. That's not a bad thing, but It might not hurt to really have one, you know? I'm not saying that there's everything-and-its-mother wrong with your tag, though. I like the border, font, pen-tool, and the one thing that really appeals to me about your tag is the flow. It's going in one direction, and it makes perfect sense with your render.

I give your banner a 3 out of 5 rating for a needless rating. 3 is a neutral number, I neither love, nor hate this piece. So you should tackle these things and show me a result, just because I know you're capable of it. =]

Here's a drawing I did for Jessu's birthday. It's a Quilava, for those who don't know. Since Ana said we can post drawings here now, I'll make the preverbial first post featuring a drawing:

Have at it.

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:47 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post

Have at it.
D'awww~ :D

I give it an 8/10, personally. I adore the fire, and the expression. The fire isn't your average 'lol i start az red on bottom and yellowzors on top'. It's kind of an undulating-tones sort of deal, and it's adorable. :3 Cruddy review, I'm sorry, but since I can't draw a Quilava, I can't say much. xD

Made this a while back. Posting it again. xDD

[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."

Last edited by Sight of the Stars; 06-26-2011 at 03:03 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth
Default Re: Signature, Avatar, and Drawing Showcase!

My first photoshop since 6.5 years ago, and my first banner ever created:

And followed by this one:

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah