Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Elecii Offline

Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeboy sarab View Post
It's extremely Copy+Pastish.... but maybe you were going for that effect. I don't what else you could do with that combination anywway.
It's probably a load of rubbish, it's my first sprite in ages, and I was never good at fusions so...

Anyway, yeah, I couldn't think of much else to do, which is why I pasted the Dustox wings on (and I was being lazy).

i can't love you more than this
Old 07-03-2011, 06:25 PM
dragonite_234 Offline
New Trainer

Some stuff I'd like C&CC for, please?

Thanks in advance! :)
Old 07-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Pokeboy sarab Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via MSN to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via Yahoo to Pokeboy sarab

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonite_234 View Post

My first note: Never save in JPG. They always spoil the quality of the image. Save it as a .PNG file or if it's transparent in a .GIF file.

The First one looks like the actual Magikarp sprite...is it like a recolor or something?

The trainer is allright. You've got two light sources though. A sprite should have just one.

The third one is a nice idea. You've got to make sure you color all the outlines too. Also no JPG.

The fourth one is the one I like the most. I like what you tried to do.

Overall, your work is pretty decent. It seems creative to me. You just need to fine tune the art of it. Also save files correctly. I'd give you a 2.5/5

Credit for the Rapidash TCG recolor goes to my beloved pair...Shiny Loser.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:47 PM
dragonite_234 Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeboy sarab View Post
My first note: Never save in JPG. They always spoil the quality of the image. Save it as a .PNG file or if it's transparent in a .GIF file.

The First one looks like the actual Magikarp sprite...is it like a recolor or something?

The trainer is allright. You've got two light sources though. A sprite should have just one.

The third one is a nice idea. You've got to make sure you color all the outlines too. Also no JPG.

The fourth one is the one I like the most. I like what you tried to do.

Overall, your work is pretty decent. It seems creative to me. You just need to fine tune the art of it. Also save files correctly. I'd give you a 2.5/5
I've started saving in PNG, the ones that are in JPG are from a while ago.

The first one is actually Magikarp's sprite from Gold, I just revamped it.

Thanks for the C&CC! :)
Old 07-03-2011, 08:17 PM
pamplemousse Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawile_rocks View Post
Gyrados/Nidoking.
This sprite is amazing! the only thing is that the head/crest thing looks awkward, like its connected to the ear on the right but not the one on the left
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_AM_ERROR View Post
The first sprites eyes look amazing and i really like the recoloring
the second one could use a little work...the horns are placed weirdly and the legs look a little copy-pastish.
The last one is a nice recolor, not sure if you recolored using another pokemon or a palette but either way i think they colors look good together

Im still working on my sky palette and i have a few examples but i wanted to post a few of them and see which is the best.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Emily Beans Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Emily Beans

Misdreavous revamp (ick...)

Politoed and Finneon fusion

Dragonite recoloured as Mewtwo

Mew and shiny Mew chaos :/

C&C would be greatly appreciated :D
Level 100: 314
Claimed: Mew <3
Old 07-04-2011, 03:20 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Beans View Post

No comment for the first sprite.
I like how you combine your Politoed and Finneon(I think it is Lumineon), but the lighting of Politoed's head and its fin don't get along. It's kinda strange to me. I'm not good at shading, but it's just strange to me. I mean, the light source of Politoed is in front of it and a little bit higher, but the light source of the fin is from the different position.
Your Dragonite looks great.
Your Mews are cute, but they look like the overworld sprite of FR/LG. I like them anyway.

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Old 07-04-2011, 05:23 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

Today I didn't feel like doin' anything (Thank you Bruno Mars!), so I decided to challenge myself with a really complex random sprite fusion! I got like 20 or so sprites, using the cave of dragonflies RSG, and I picked the ones I would use to fuse, which ones for colors, and what was garbage/ unusable.

So, here it is!

There are nine sprites fused in there, and many different ones were used for color!

Who can guess them all??

And, please C+C it!!

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 07-04-2011, 06:17 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elecii View Post
I finally made something!

It makes me LOL so much. xD CnC would be appreciated.
XD It makes me lol too! I think the placement of the wings is a tad unfitting; if you laid them on horizontally then that would look much better, but the idea is good. ;3 I would have changed the face a lot more if I were you, since it's all growlithe. :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonite_234 View Post

The revamp is pretty good, and I like the pokemorph. I really don't like the tiny scyther head on the tyranitar, and the wings are also put on poorly. You really need to recolour you things and try not to just copy and paste. You have to make everything flow. And yes, don't say in JPG! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamplemousse View Post
Im still working on my sky palette and i have a few examples but i wanted to post a few of them and see which is the best.
I like the second one and the second last ones the most. ^^ The others have shades a bit too close together, or too bright/saturated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Beans View Post

The revamp needs quite a bit of work. ^^; Try reshading it, and using a different palette. The others are great, though, although the chao have too dark shades as their darkest ones, in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phibb2 View Post
Today I didn't feel like doin' anything (Thank you Bruno Mars!), so I decided to challenge myself with a really complex random sprite fusion! I got like 20 or so sprites, using the cave of dragonflies RSG, and I picked the ones I would use to fuse, which ones for colors, and what was garbage/ unusable.

So, here it is!

There are nine sprites fused in there, and many different ones were used for color!

Who can guess them all??

And, please C+C it!!
Is there torterra, arbok and roserade? Can't guess the others. o:

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:19 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

Is there torterra, arbok and roserade? Can't guess the others. o:

~GS.
Yes, there are those in it! What are the other 6?? It mainly like the small facial details, but it counts!!

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibb2 View Post
Yes, there are those in it! What are the other 6?? It mainly like the small facial details, but it counts!!
The ears look umbreon/pikachuish, but I don't know the other details. D: I honestly have no idea. +__+ Especially if they're Unova pokemon.

Did a garbodor devamp the other day, and a purugly/skuntank fusion.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 07-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy

Quote:

The ears look umbreon/pikachuish, but I don't know the other details. D: I honestly have no idea. +__+ Especially if they're Unova pokemon.

~GS.
I've never done a devamp before, so I can't really say anything about the first sprite. Sorry. xD" I love the way you did the shading on the second sprite~ It looks really awesome! Maybe you should also shade the inside of its ear? o:

Here's a fusion I did today:

I don't know why, but for some reason, it looks kinda incomplete to me. D: Any ideas on how I can improve this? ^^"

......Previously known as Mizuki Emi
deviantART . Last.fm . Creative School
Old 07-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuki Emi View Post

I've never done a devamp before, so I can't really say anything about the first sprite. Sorry. xD" I love the way you did the shading on the second sprite~ It looks really awesome! Maybe you should also shade the inside of its ear? o:

I don't know why, but for some reason, it looks kinda incomplete to me. D: Any ideas on how I can improve this? ^^"
That's okay. It's essentially supposed to look like an old sprite is all. XD

Thanks! 8D It's very, very briefly shaded (one pixel xD) and since it's only a strip of colouring, it's hard to shade. D:

Wow, that's awesome! It looks almost like a disguise! I think you should have had the ears attach more similarly to how an umbreon's attaches, and the rest of the body isn't really edited enough. o: The inside is great, but I would have reshaped the head slightly or something. ;3 But overall, it's really, really good. And all that white around your sprites must have taken ages. XD I also loved your wooperXturtwig a few posts back too. ^^

I did a mew/klang. XD It strikes me as messy, and it's not something I'd usually do (it was for the "Complete the sprite request above" game). It was a little difficult. ^^;

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 07-04-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Pokeboy sarab Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via MSN to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via Yahoo to Pokeboy sarab

Quote:

~GS.
The Devamp is really nice. I like it a lot.

The fusion is good too, but the tail over the head doesn't quite look right. The light seems to be hitting it at different angles. Do you get what I mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuki Emi View Post

That's actually really nice. Like GS said you could make it more Umbreon-ish, but tbh it looks more interesting this way. And I love those eyes.

Quote:

That's okay. It's essentially supposed to look like an old sprite is all. XD

Thanks! 8D It's very, very briefly shaded (one pixel xD) and since it's only a strip of colouring, it's hard to shade. D:

Wow, that's awesome! It looks almost like a disguise! I think you should have had the ears attach more similarly to how an umbreon's attaches, and the rest of the body isn't really edited enough. o: The inside is great, but I would have reshaped the head slightly or something. ;3 But overall, it's really, really good. And all that white around your sprites must have taken ages. XD I also loved your wooperXturtwig a few posts back too. ^^

I did a mew/klang. XD It strikes me as messy, and it's not something I'd usually do (it was for the "Complete the sprite request above" game). It was a little difficult. ^^;

~GS.
It is a bit messy. But what else could you do. Most of the 5th Gen sprites are really weird to work with. You could have added a random tail pokin' out of somewhere :P

Credit for the Rapidash TCG recolor goes to my beloved pair...Shiny Loser.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

Toxic Lickitung,

Barboach/Mew,

Espeon Repose and Umbreon/Vupix

I was bored.