Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1726  
Old 08-10-2011, 01:34 AM
cookiemonster Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase [UPDATED RULES! 03/08/11]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonKit View Post
No need to appoligize,Bolt. Its not your fault dat rule breakers annoy me, not like you broke a really important rule, either.

The last two sentinces were random spam, if you mean the "this freebie post has ended." stuff.

three shots make me feel loony at tiemz so...

CHEETHS
Okay then :-X
Reply With Quote
  #1727  
Old 08-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Kuitaran's Avatar
Kuitaran Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 282
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase [UPDATED RULES! 03/08/11]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post

Here are a few recolors of mine, haven't recolored in AGES! One of my cool pallete's that I was going to use for an RPG of mine that never took off D: The "native" Pokemon look:



Another of my favorite pallete's:



And a new pallete I made today:



Not the greatest, I know, but eh.
I like the last one like moonkit said.

The second one the blue parts i couldnt see any shades i had to zoom in to see there were shades so maybe a some darker or lighter colour.

And the first one same with the colour shades the colors are too close so you cant see much shading.

Ok i made something new called Pikachu Monk
i scratched some robes and a hood , further he has Holy Water and a katana on his back.



Soooo what do you think about it?

CC PLEAZE
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #1728  
Old 08-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Foxamivalth's Avatar
Foxamivalth Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: PE2k
Posts: 7,387
Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase [UPDATED RULES! 03/08/11]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuitaran View Post
Ok i made something new called Pikachu Monk
i scratched some robes and a hood , further he has Holy Water and a katana on his back.



Soooo what do you think about it?

CC PLEAZE
That's superb! His robe and and hood are well made. They cover Pikachu well. You've scratched well and made him a nice bottle and Katana.
Your shading is good either.

My problems are, the hood's outline next to the Katana, why is it straight? I don't get it. Second, why isn't the Katana's edge between the robe and tail? Is it a really "short" katana or the katana is bent somewhere?

Well, overall is great!


Ok, I really don't know what to do, so I scratch something. And the result is my favourite Pokemon.
__________________



Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Last edited by Foxamivalth; 08-10-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1729  
Old 08-10-2011, 03:04 PM
MoonKit's Avatar
MoonKit Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington.
Posts: 2,593
Send a message via MSN to MoonKit
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase [UPDATED RULES! 03/08/11]

Kuitaran, if you get too good at spriting, even Speed might be forgotten. Or at least I would; to get to Speed's skill level would take a while, even for you.

The Pikachu made me smile, its not every day that you see a Pikachu dressed as a person in a cloak...ninja in a cloak?

That scratch is really good, Fox! even me kitty thinks so. I really like the pose, the shading, however, I can't Cn'CC on. I'm not that good on crits xD
__________________
I'm alive! -coughnotcough-
Reply With Quote
  #1730  
Old 08-10-2011, 06:18 PM
sammy0295's Avatar
sammy0295 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cherrygrove City
Posts: 812
Send a message via AIM to sammy0295
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase [UPDATED RULES! 03/08/11]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuitaran View Post
Ok i made something new called Pikachu Monk
i scratched some robes and a hood , further he has Holy Water and a katana on his back.



Soooo what do you think about it?

CC PLEAZE
Overall, I think he looks pretty good, though I must ask, where did you come up with a Pikachu monk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxamivalth View Post
Ok, I really don't know what to do, so I scratch something. And the result is my favourite Pokemon.
It looks great. I love the way you shaded it.


I have a few sprites.
My entry for the beauty contest.


And these guys. Not really sure what the point of them is, but I like them.


I know it's a little more than four, but for the most part, they're the same.
__________________
URPG ~ ASB ~ dA

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!
Reply With Quote
  #1731  
Old 08-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Speed-X's Avatar
Speed-X Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,588
Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase [UPDATED RULES! 03/08/11]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonKit View Post
Kuitaran, if you get too good at spriting, even Speed might be forgotten. Or at least I would; to get to Speed's skill level would take a while, even for you.

The Pikachu made me smile, its not every day that you see a Pikachu dressed as a person in a cloak...ninja in a cloak?

That scratch is really good, Fox! even me kitty thinks so. I really like the pose, the shading, however, I can't Cn'CC on. I'm not that good on crits xD
Not necessarily. Besides, overdoing people isn't even what art is about! It's about self-improvement, not if one is better than someone else. Goodness....
Yeah, now I kinda know why I left here like I did to begin with. It's tempting to leave again, ugh. People here are too young...don't really know what art is even about.

edit: Look, sorry if I snapped. But really, who can blame me? You guys seem to expect too much from me...please don't. I've had enough crap to stress myself out with lately, and this shouldn't be one of them. I don't post up my art here to expect to feel like I have to keep impressing people. That's NOT what art means, at least not to me especially. So stop. Please....

Last edited by Speed-X; 08-10-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1732  
Old 08-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase [UPDATED RULES! 03/08/11]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X
Not necessarily. Besides, overdoing people isn't even what art is about! It's about self-improvement, not if one is better than someone else. Goodness....
Yeah, now I kinda know why I left here like I did to begin with. It's tempting to leave again, ugh. People here are too young...don't really know what art is even about.
I think that was meant to be taken as a joke. And you can't really blame age; age is not an indication of maturity, experience or knowledge. That, and well, you're on a Pokemon forum. A game for kids. And you can't expect everyone to take art seriously; for some it is merely a hobby. And people expect much of you because you're a good sprite artist, you have a reputation. And quite often, you don't fail to impress.



Anyway Kuitaran, other than adding on to what everyone else has said, the outline of the bottle looks a little weird. One side is rounded, whereas the other (our right) looks a little sharp. I think it'd be better if the whole bottle is rounded. :> Good job on it, though. It looks amazing.

I might get back into spriting. I should probably start with all those requests in my shop. *Gulp*
Reply With Quote
  #1733  
Old 08-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Speed-X's Avatar
Speed-X Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,588
Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase [UPDATED RULES! 03/08/11]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelatini Jejunator View Post
I think that was meant to be taken as a joke. And you can't really blame age; age is not an indication of maturity, experience or knowledge. That, and well, you're on a Pokemon forum. A game for kids. And you can't expect everyone to take art seriously; for some it is merely a hobby. And people expect much of you because you're a good sprite artist, you have a reputation. And quite often, you don't fail to impress.



Anyway Kuitaran, other than adding on to what everyone else has said, the outline of the bottle looks a little weird. One side is rounded, whereas the other (our right) looks a little sharp. I think it'd be better if the whole bottle is rounded. :> Good job on it, though. It looks amazing.

I might get back into spriting. I should probably start with all those requests in my shop. *Gulp*
...Eh. If it was more of a joke then I obviously didn't catch on to it.
A valid point, but age still does indicate maturity because of wisdom and hormonal levels and hormonal control. *shrugs*

Hahah, yeah I suppose that's true. I believe Pokemon isn't "a game for kids," though, just a game appropriate for all ages.
*shrugs* It is a hobby for me, also...but yeah...I dunno. I just prefer to take it more seriously. I dunno....

I dunno, it just makes me feel like I have a huge weight on my shoulders. Can't afford to let anyone down it seems, and I don't want that. Of course, since when did I start to care about impressing people...? O_o Eh.

I've just been really stressed and overwhelmed lately. I've found every little thing to hold against myself and I can only really put on a facade for so long until everything just completely catches up to me.
That and I've been through a lot over the past week.... A lot.

Thanks though, that helped to smack some sense into me. I've kinda been lacking that lately. :<
Reply With Quote
  #1734  
Old 08-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase [UPDATED RULES! 03/08/11]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
...Eh. If it was more of a joke then I obviously didn't catch on to it.
A valid point, but age still does indicate maturity because of wisdom and hormonal levels and hormonal control. *shrugs*

Hahah, yeah I suppose that's true. I believe Pokemon isn't "a game for kids," though, just a game appropriate for all ages.
*shrugs* It is a hobby for me, also...but yeah...I dunno. I just prefer to take it more seriously. I dunno....

I dunno, it just makes me feel like I have a huge weight on my shoulders. Can't afford to let anyone down it seems, and I don't want that. Of course, since when did I start to care about impressing people...? O_o Eh.

I've just been really stressed and overwhelmed lately. I've found every little thing to hold against myself and I can only really put on a facade for so long until everything just completely catches up to me.
That and I've been through a lot over the past week.... A lot.

Thanks though, that helped to smack some sense into me. I've kinda been lacking that lately. :<
It's perfectly fine. ^^; Happens to the best of us. Sorry if I was harsh on you. D:

EDIT: And yeah, I didn't mean a 'game for kids'. I meant 'a game aimed at kids'. Guess I didn't think that through, haha.

Last edited by Etymology; 08-10-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1735  
Old 08-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Speed-X's Avatar
Speed-X Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,588
Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase [UPDATED RULES! 03/08/11]

No, you weren't. You were fine.
Still, it's not aimed at JUST kids is what I'm saying, lolz.

But yeah, thanks again. I was feeling pretty terrible earlier, bleh. I'm better now though, despite the fact that Shutterfly effed up on me and now I gotta reupload everything and...ugh.

But I digress. Sorry to take up the page here.

Last edited by Speed-X; 08-10-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1736  
Old 08-11-2011, 03:33 AM
pamplemousse Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase [UPDATED RULES! 03/08/11]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post

And these guys. Not really sure what the point of them is, but I like them.


I know it's a little more than four, but for the most part, they're the same.
These are awesome especially the kangaskhan, i really like how the little ones next to it. No flaws as far as i can see.

I got bored earlier today and made this
its a dragonite shaped island!
Reply With Quote
  #1737  
Old 08-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Kuitaran's Avatar
Kuitaran Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 282
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase [UPDATED RULES! 03/08/11]

I made some improvings.

- outline shading
- katana lemmet
- bottle round

So here is Pikachu Monk V.2



I came with the idea when i saw an anime (dontknowthename)

BTW Sammy I really like the dark Pokemon with Tattoo???
youre colour scheme is well balanced. great job.

@Pamplemouse
I dont know how to critz an island but i looks likez a islnad to me so great job.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #1738  
Old 08-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Foxamivalth's Avatar
Foxamivalth Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: PE2k
Posts: 7,387
Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase [UPDATED RULES! 03/08/11]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuitaran View Post
I made some improvings.

- outline shading
- katana lemmet
- bottle round

So here is Pikachu Monk V.2

With those improvements, the Pikachu looks perfect to me! :D

Another scratch from me. A Cottonee!
__________________



Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Reply With Quote
  #1739  
Old 08-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase [UPDATED RULES! 03/08/11]

Well, here's the first sprite I made in a while. Was fun to make.



It's a heavily edited Cheren sprite. The hat is from Hilbert's sprite. The jacket is one of those cherry red kangaroo jumpers, and the hat is supposed to be stylized after Vanillite. I'm not sure if you can tell, but he's holding a Luxury Ball.
Reply With Quote
  #1740  
Old 08-15-2011, 12:05 AM
#Ultimate Munchlax#'s Avatar
#Ultimate Munchlax# Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: England, UK
Posts: 3
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase [UPDATED RULES! 03/08/11]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxamivalth View Post
With those improvements, the Pikachu looks perfect to me! :D

Another scratch from me. A Cottonee!

Aww, this is such a cute pose. Love how its sitting on its own furr for comfort. =] The line art is very smooth, and the shading is nice. The furr could perhaps could do with further shading to give its coat more depth and texture? Just to make it look a bit softer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelatini Jejunator View Post
Well, here's the first sprite I made in a while. Was fun to make.



It's a heavily edited Cheren sprite. The hat is from Hilbert's sprite. The jacket is one of those cherry red kangaroo jumpers, and the hat is supposed to be stylized after Vanillite. I'm not sure if you can tell, but he's holding a Luxury Ball.
I really like this... The shading is very nice and I really do like the detail given to him. The hat, jumper and pose make him come across as quite a reserved character.

I think the jacket would look a lot smoother if you removed the outline around the zip. It just makes it stand out a bit too much. The light appears to be coming from the left, so the dark shade could be a touch more emphasized on the right side and remove the shade from around the zip.

But overall, it's very good. =]


Here's a Pikachu scratch I did not too long ago. =]

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com