Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:50 PM
PureGoober Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

Love Chaos Serpent.
The Edits are fine..
Don't see mistakes.
Check out my newest PO.

BestBuds! :) <3

Old 07-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureGoober View Post
Love Chaos Serpent.
The Edits are fine..
Don't see mistakes.
Check out my newest PO.

The outlines are too jagged. Smoothen up the outlines.

Spoiler:
Old 07-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Gaygar rocks Offline
Master Trainer

i made my first animations i hope it works :::

the koffings are different speed :::

Last edited by Gaygar rocks; 07-15-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:11 AM
FiragaShark Offline
Elite Trainer

Made these for a contest, but I'm not sure which color to use. Help deciding please?

~My Claims~

Old 07-16-2010, 06:52 AM
pokéfan123 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokéfan123 View Post
(finally, i've made a copyright mark...)
quick fusion. eggxecutor, wobbuffet and kangaskhan used.

an animation of some of my FSJAL's and sprites
C+CC please
reposting for C+C
Old 07-16-2010, 07:35 AM
Gaygar rocks Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiragaShark View Post
Made these for a contest, but I'm not sure which color to use. Help deciding please?

FiragaShark : I like them and if i have to choose wich colour i would go for the first and the third one.
The only thing is the nose i dont know what to say about it but there is something i dont know what but it doesn't feel right in my opinion.
Quote:
reposting for C+C
Pokefan123 : first congratulations for your copyright, i hope its a simple one because mine was too harsh to put it in every sprite so now i have none copyright.
I like the fusion but i dont like the colours they dont connect to eachother in my opinion maybe someone else would love the colours. I found the hair or grass from executor some too dark too.

For the animation looks cool.

I made something too you may laugh

I have made two versions (coming more soon) if it is too rude i will erase them from this forum. (also from my new sprite sheet)

and the Devils horns in memory of Ronnie James DIO :::

C&CC PLEASE for my spiritbombs

and could someone else crit me one these sprites here is the quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaygar rocks View Post
if no-one else posting i feel like doing

i made some edits

ninetails - 7 tails is twotails :::
ninetails - 8 tails is 0netail(s) :::
(the plume on the head is gone too)

Omastar Not kinky (spikes and tentacles) :::

Staryu Triangle (it does me think of Startrek i dont know why) :::
Staryu Armor :::
( i think these are the least best i made of edit)

Mewtwo ??? :::

and i made a pair of fusions/splices that i am using for a contest :::
Snaprabbit :::
Pokemon used ::: Base : Mewtwo, second pokemon : Scizor, third pokemon : Azumarill, fourth pokemon : Voltorb, Recolour pokemon : Ryhorn

Scirantwo :::
Pokemon used ::: Base : Mewtwo, second pokemon : Scizor, third pokemon : Tyranitar, recolour pokemon : Scizor

and Chaos Serpent :::
Pokemon used ::: Base : Mewtwo/Arbok, second pokemon : Scizor, third pokemon : Charmeleon, fourth pokemon : Quilava, fifth pokemon : Crobat, sixth pokemon : Tyranitar, recolour pokemon : Shiny Weezing/Shiny Feraligatr/Shiny Charizard
(it has three forms the first one is the original, the second one changes in that colour when sunny day is on, the third one changes in that colour when rainy day is on)

C&CC PLEASE

that's all folks

Last edited by Gaygar rocks; 07-16-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:43 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureGoober View Post
Love Chaos Serpent.
The Edits are fine..
Don't see mistakes.
Check out my newest PO.

It's much too small, it has way too few shades, the outline colours haven't been chosen well (there needs to be black), and the shading is really choppy.

Quote:
reposting for C+C
The fusion looks like a recoloured exeggutor with arms and a tail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaygar rocks View Post
I made something too you may laugh

That 'animation'. It's a two-framed official pidgeot. You didn't do anything to change that. I don't see how it's something you'd post for C&C. o.o And do you see how in both the pidgeot and the koffing that it is pixelated? GIFs do that sometimes.

I have made two versions (coming more soon) if it is too rude i will erase them from this forum. (also from my new sprite sheet)

and the Devils horns in memory of Ronnie James DIO :::

C&CC PLEASE for my spiritbombs

and could someone else crit me one these sprites here is the quote

that's all folks
The spiritomb aren't bad, but they both have to have their 'hands' angled. At the moment they're completely straight, and it'd only have that angle if the sprite was head-on looking at us. If that makes sense.

All those edits just have their parts erased...

The first Mewtwo fusion looks too much like Mewtwo, and his left foot is wrongly angled. The belly goes straight up--why isn't it curved?

The second fusion has a really weird leg--again, the left leg. If you wanted to replace it with a tyranitar leg, you should have moved it up so the chunky round bit was what the body was attached to--not half of Mewtwo's leg. The same belly problem is happening here.

The last one's alright, but for some reason there's a bunch of dark shading at the end of their tails. Also, the triangle which came from a tyranitar is way off centre and placed in an unfortunate spot. The belly which connects to the snake-like body is scratched poorly since it's all a diagonal line and then goes straight down like a point.

Here's my latest request. It's supposed to be Mewtwo fused with an arcanine and a tyranitar, recoloured with suicune colours and with added suicune ribbons. Spill your crit.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:04 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
Here's my latest request. It's supposed to be Mewtwo fused with an arcanine and a tyranitar, recoloured with suicune colours and with added suicune ribbons. Spill your crit.

~GS.

I just have say how much I love this. It probably something to do with the fact that I like almost everything better when its Suicunes colors. But something about it is awesome. And you managed to make a fusion of those Pokemon almost cute, too.

I have some stuff. A Nidoking, Vileplume, Skarmory Fusion, recolored to Raikou. A revamp from Crystal and its Shiny. And a fusion of two generation 5 Pokemon, Chiramii and Munna. I got the gen 5 sprites on Serebii.

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Gaygar rocks Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

All those edits just have their parts erased...
Not really i have scratchd alot by the omatsar and i have scratchd by the nietails
The first Mewtwo fusion looks too much like Mewtwo, and his left foot is wrongly angled. The belly goes straight up--why isn't it curved?
Ok the foot i see but the belly is the actual belly of mewtwo i didn't saw it but now you mention it i see
The second fusion has a really weird leg--again, the left leg. If you wanted to replace it with a tyranitar leg, you should have moved it up so the chunky round bit was what the body was attached to--not half of Mewtwo's leg. The same belly problem is happening here.
again with the leg i always attach the tyranitar leg half and for me it looks much better then the short one from tyranitar it looks then as of his legs ar liliputter but the rest is not but that is my opinion and with the belly same thing as above
The last one's alright, but for some reason there's a bunch of dark shading at the end of their tails. Also, the triangle which came from a tyranitar is way off centre and placed in an unfortunate spot. The belly which connects to the snake-like body is scratched poorly since it's all a diagonal line and then goes straight down like a point.
in this sprite i haven't scratched at all and the shadows i have only recoloured so i dont know??? and for the triangle youre right i saw it too but i was tired and i tought it lloks good im happy im going to sleep maybe i will fix it

it was my request and it looks beautifull thanks for great sprite.
~GS.
I have sayd it in the quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Dartz Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dartz Send a message via MSN to Dartz Send a message via Yahoo to Dartz

Some Recolors by Me ^^
Old 07-19-2010, 05:08 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
Some Recolors by Me ^^
Well, you haven't recolored the outlines on any of them. Charizard's tail needs yellow shading, instead of yellow to black. Charizard's eyes have the outlines of the wings, but that should be either black or the outline color of the body around it.

Voltorb looks as if it has no shading if you don't look closely, and normal Pokemon Sprites, you don't need to look closely to see shading. The outlines also look pixed. You should fix that, and you still didn't recolor the outlines.

Blastoise has no outlines recolored at all. The colors are also a bit too neon, its hurting my eyes a bit too much.

Venusaur, well, again with the outlines. The spots are not recolored either.

To me, it seems that you think its just 'ok, recolor the body of a Pokemon and leave the outlines how it is.' That's not spriting. Spriting is working hard not to make peoples eyes hurt when recoloring, and getting the outlines and more than only one part of a Pokemon. No offence, but these are really bad.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:22 PM
GREENSONIC Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
Some Recolors by Me ^^
Same as above ^.
I think you should find or make some palettes because that blastoise's colours look like something from a lego box.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X

At all costs, try to avoid using default Microsoft Paint colors (that is, when using the Windows XP version of Paint...and below.). They're eyeblindingly high-saturated, and they tend to not look too pretty on things such as recolors.
If you can't find/make your own colors (which, I really never saw just WHY people had a problem with that...Come on, I mean, not even I did as a beginner), then use official colors off of other Pokemon.

At least lower the saturation. That'd help quite a bit.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Gaygar rocks Offline
Master Trainer

i made a few custom recolours too own colours made

Feraligatr greenish
Ninetails icyish
Ho-oh brownish
Torterra much different colours (i dont like it really much)
Suicune reddish brownish
Gyarydos purpleish greenish (puprle is too neonish i think is my first own colour recolour)
Slaking greenish darkbrownish

C&CC PLEASE

Last edited by Gaygar rocks; 07-21-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:16 AM
Eeveelutions Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post

I just have say how much I love this. It probably something to do with the fact that I like almost everything better when its Suicunes colors. But something about it is awesome. And you managed to make a fusion of those Pokemon almost cute, too.

I have some stuff. A Nidoking, Vileplume, Skarmory Fusion, recolored to Raikou. A revamp from Crystal and its Shiny. And a fusion of two generation 5 Pokemon, Chiramii and Munna. I got the gen 5 sprites on Serebii.
KAJGKHGJKHGAKJGHAK The Chiramii/Munna splice is adorable ;___;
That first splice is pretty cool 8D
And the Abra revamps look very nice, sir c: I just think they need a little bit more shading. They kinda look like they lack it. Did you use a certain version for reference? You should try another one with a better palette O:

Arcanine revamp I made earlier today. I PUT THEM SIDE BY SIDE BECAUSE MINE ALONE LOOKS STUPID ;___;