Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1216  
Old 12-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Kuitaran's Avatar
Kuitaran Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 282
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase - [Update-8/4/10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by liek2sprite View Post
Hey there everyone, long time no see. xP

I took a 'lil bit of a hiatus from this site and spriting in general.
In my opinion, my sprite's have been faltering. D:



^ Entry to SoTW
A rock typed Charizard.

Retypes have never been my forte.
OMGFG it is totally awesome the only thing is the horns they look not right

and thanks for ya all for the good reactions for my retype
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #1217  
Old 12-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Disco's Avatar
Disco Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Massachusetts, USA.
Posts: 960
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase - [Update-8/4/10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post


We both are! xD Hahaha, lovely pun.

Wow. That's a ripper sprite. xDDD You so beat me. xD It's really nice. 0w0 I love the style... The shading is excellent, detailed, and the outlines are really smooth and it looks really graceful. Haha, I think once it gets new colours and maybe a harsher eye, it'll be perfect. ^^

Yeah. :c People like to post more than comment. I FREAKING LOVE THAT GAME. But thanks! 8D I'm glad you like it. No transparency in that sprite there. Well, in the sprite I put in the game, the transparent colour is lime green, but that's required and yes, haha, that is included in the 16 colours.

This wasn't the picture I was using as a reference, but see how, in this SA2B artwork, his head streak turns to point in like an arrow? I was trying to do it like that, but it's pretty hard with a sprite. Dx So I kinda wanted to keep it like that.
And what do you mean with the shoes? o: I can't lengthen the dimensions of the sprite at all, because it's already 64x64 pixels. xD And I have to keep the one facing us flat because that's just how his shoe goes from that angle. o:

xDDD Thanks. What about the scyther? Too cramped? Too un-ice-like? :c

I love your new rival sprite. xDD I think you know it's a huge improvement from the previous version. The hair's really good, face looks awesome, and you shaded and shaped the clothes well too. ^^ Nice job on it. :P
O; I'll transform you into an orange Ditto if you'd like!

WHAT I DID NOT BEAT YOU. It's all up for PE2K to decide and besides, your style of shading is so original. ; u ; b-b-b-but thank you for all those comments! -bats hands girlishly- Pish posh, they colour my cheeks. D//8

Oh okay so Shadow is technically 15 colours plus transparency. If you want, I can take a crack at it and attempt to show you what I meant through an edit?

I don't think the Scyther is too cramped! However, if it was a little bit more ice-like it'd be nice. c:

And pish posh pish timble! D///8 Once more with my cheeks~! Are you trying to kill me, staff member? D;
__________________

Last edited by Disco; 12-15-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1218  
Old 12-16-2010, 08:35 PM
mailtoad's Avatar
mailtoad Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 39
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase - [Update-8/4/10]

Heya, I've got a new pixel over. This time it's Espeon. I think I have improved since my Mew and Suicune.



Quote:

Please let me know what you think!!
__________________

Eevee: Evolve to Espeon@130 Finished@310
Ludicolo are NOT FUNNY
Reply With Quote
  #1219  
Old 12-17-2010, 08:06 AM
Graceful_Suicune's Avatar
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ashley's pants
Posts: 4,886
Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase - [Update-8/4/10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
CnC on my Ditto mug?



Is the shading okay?
Critiqued it in your thread. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailtoad View Post
Heya, I've got a new pixel over. This time it's Espeon. I think I have improved since my Mew and Suicune.



Please let me know what you think!!
You didn't see this, did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
Truthfully they lack a lot of dimension, shades, and shape. A lot of the outlines are shaky and not rounded or shaped properly, notably the mew's tail. I don't know why that suicune has white spots on its paws... But it needs far more shades, and the shading needs a lot of improvement. Shading a suicune's mane is hard, but you should look at some pictures and other sprites (try looking at the R/S/E suicune sprite), and same with the mew. The mew's eyes look a bit wacky since you drew the pupil and iris in random places, and the eyes are differently shaped. For first ones they're good though, but very basic and need a lot of improvement. =)
As for your espeon is alright, but a bit plain. Try shading it much more, using more shades, and using light shades as well. It's also a bit square, so try and smooth out the edges in places. Also, don't colour the outline too brightly, like you did on the paw and the tip of the ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liek2sprite View Post
Hey there everyone, long time no see. xP

I took a 'lil bit of a hiatus from this site and spriting in general.
In my opinion, my sprite's have been faltering. D:



^ Entry to SoTW
A rock typed Charizard.

Retypes have never been my forte.
Ooh, nice. That's way better than something I could do! It actually looks like a gargoyle/rock type. I agree about the horns, though. The left one needs to be bigger and the right one thinner. o: The bottom jaw also seems to stick out too far. o: Other than that though, it's really good. ^^ Nice work. I'm so going to get owned by you guys in the contest. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
O; I'll transform you into an orange Ditto if you'd like!

WHAT I DID NOT BEAT YOU. It's all up for PE2K to decide and besides, your style of shading is so original. ; u ; b-b-b-but thank you for all those comments! -bats hands girlishly- Pish posh, they colour my cheeks. D//8

Oh okay so Shadow is technically 15 colours plus transparency. If you want, I can take a crack at it and attempt to show you what I meant through an edit?

I don't think the Scyther is too cramped! However, if it was a little bit more ice-like it'd be nice. c:

And pish posh pish timble! D///8 Once more with my cheeks~! Are you trying to kill me, staff member? D;
xD Sure!

YES YOU DID IT'S OBVIOUS. c: xD I don't understand what you mean when you say 'original'. o: xDDD No worries at all, mate. :P Hahaha, well I'm only saying what I think. xD

Yeah, pretty much. Of course; I'd love to see how you mean. c: And him with your style will look awesome! 8D

Oh, good. xD Ahh, yeah, I see what you mean. :3

xDDDDD No, I'm telling you the truth. >w< Hehe, it's gonna be fun to flatter you. xD

~GS.
__________________
Everyone who's still stuck here, Pe2k is Dead. It's sad, but it happened. Instead, we moved to...

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Reply With Quote
  #1220  
Old 12-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Kuitaran's Avatar
Kuitaran Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 282
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase - [Update-8/4/10]

hey i have some new sprite

i call it Griffon



CnC please

EDIT: made an animation of shikijika for my possible VPP


it is winter so i made a winter version
and its evo lution mebukijika

CnC
__________________



Last edited by Kuitaran; 12-17-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1221  
Old 12-19-2010, 03:35 AM
Eeveelutions's Avatar
Eeveelutions Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 637
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase - [Update-8/4/10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuitaran View Post
hey i have some new sprite

i call it Griffon



CnC please

EDIT: made an animation of shikijika for my possible VPP


it is winter so i made a winter version
and its evo lution mebukijika

CnC
For the animations -
Nice but they're not exactly spritework :x Still they look great ;D I don't have enough patience to do that LOL

For the sprite - The idea is pretty cool 8D I like the result, you used the Hydra, Vulture, and Buffafro Pokemon right? I think it's pretty nice but I noticed the upper part of the sprite lacks shading (the neck/back area). The wings look a little irregular. Don't just copy/paste, actually try to edit so that they look more natural. Also, the neck is a little too far back o__o Or I dunno, but that's what it looks like to me. If you fix these things, you should have an awesome sprite ;D


idk guys i was bored jeez.
Entei-Snubbull. It was originally Entei-Happiny, but Happiny was too small, and then I tried Entei-Drifloon, but Drifloon's eyes were too big. But Snubbull was just right 8D
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1222  
Old 12-19-2010, 04:16 AM
Male Snorunt's Avatar
Male Snorunt Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: A nice cold place
Posts: 869
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase - [Update-8/4/10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

No worries, mate. :P Aww, why thank you. ^v^ Haha, thanks. I have such a FRLG/R/S/E way of shading. xDD Thanks! Glad you like that too! Yeah, that beak was actually just me reshaping the head and then adding orangey-yellow for a beak effect. xDD Yeah, I thought it was crowded too, and kind of regretted adding the glaceon head thing. The thing is though, I sprite with R/S/E/LG/FR sprites, which means the sprite is much smaller than the sprites of today. This doesn't help, and definitely makes a difference. And I see what you mean, but honestly I find ice retypes hard (don't ask me why I did it then xDD) and since a lot of ice types don't actually have ice on them, I figured articuno colouring and having both blue and white would work. The reason I didn't want to add actual ice was because I wanted it to be more like a bird, being part flying type, and they have feathers, and I think having ice would weigh them down, and I dunno...I just wanted the colours. I mean, it doesn't have to have ice on it to be an ice type. o: *points to articuno and glaceon* I agree about the glaceon head thing, but honestly I like it because it looks cool. xDD And it was something I could colour both blue and white. Thanks for the crit, though! :D

I don't know what King Mewtwo is, so I'll just say that you should have included more colours than just one on the body. But the ears...why do they have white, and why are the outlines such a light colour? o.o

Well...what is it? o: I think it's good, but the purple body's shading needs to be more noticeable. It fades and the dark shade, which is not dark, becomes the outline down the bottom, which...probably shouldn't happen. There are missing pixels in the right haunter hand and that fire needs some kind of outlines, or it should at least be a burning purple with vibrant colours. o: The shading is pretty lacking on the body, which doesn't suit the headpiece or the hands.

And it's not boasting to think you're improving. ^^ It's good that you are, and expected as well. xD
Oh, that's understandable. It makes sense that you did it, then.

A King pokemon is just crammed with stuff to make it look more powerful. The request said to include some ice, so in order to make it obvious, I kept them light colored. And yeah, I should have done another color.

It's Haunter+Glaceon+Froslass. I see what you mean about the shading, but I think it went sort of well with the ghostly feel of it. I don't really see where the missing pixels are, though.

^///^ Why thank you.

Also:
I need help deciding wether to enter SOTW2 with

this one:

or this one:
I'm honestly torn between the two.
Reply With Quote
  #1223  
Old 12-19-2010, 04:50 AM
Okami-Chan's Avatar
Okami-Chan Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Look, a distraction
Posts: 585
Send a message via MSN to Okami-Chan
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase - [Update-8/4/10]

Zekrom has a better impression if you're just looking at them quickly, I think. But for a contest I'm sure the entries will be scrutinized pretty thoroughly, so go with Latios.
Very nice, by the way. yowza ;O
__________________

是自由的、飛翔。
Reply With Quote
  #1224  
Old 12-19-2010, 04:51 AM
Disco's Avatar
Disco Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Massachusetts, USA.
Posts: 960
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase - [Update-8/4/10]

You know I like your Latios, Snoruu.
; 3 ;
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1225  
Old 12-19-2010, 04:56 AM
Male Snorunt's Avatar
Male Snorunt Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: A nice cold place
Posts: 869
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase - [Update-8/4/10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami-Chan View Post
Zekrom has a better impression if you're just looking at them quickly, I think. But for a contest I'm sure the entries will be scrutinized pretty thoroughly, so go with Latios.
Very nice, by the way. yowza ;O
Oh, thank you. ^^ I'm glad you like them so much. And I was sort of thinking the same thing, I like Latios's detail better. Thanks for the help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
You know I like your Latios, Snoruu.
; 3 ;
It's about settled, then. Your vote counts pretty high to me, anyway.

Btw, when did you start calling me Snoru? I just noticed that today. XD
Reply With Quote
  #1226  
Old 12-19-2010, 05:00 AM
Disco's Avatar
Disco Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Massachusetts, USA.
Posts: 960
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase - [Update-8/4/10]

Oh no don't count on me, I have horrible taste!
I've been calling you Snoru for a while now. O:
Also to make this post not-spammy:


The original nurse from R/G/B- before they made her pinkhaired and whatnot.

Made her bowing 'cause it'd be less boring that way.
She's very cute. D8
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1227  
Old 12-19-2010, 05:09 AM
Okami-Chan's Avatar
Okami-Chan Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Look, a distraction
Posts: 585
Send a message via MSN to Okami-Chan
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase - [Update-8/4/10]

Whoa holy whoa that's so cool whoa.
LOL. I've never been patient enough to do an animation and wow that's such a smooth-looking sprite. really good job on that
__________________

是自由的、飛翔。
Reply With Quote
  #1228  
Old 12-19-2010, 05:13 AM
Male Snorunt's Avatar
Male Snorunt Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: A nice cold place
Posts: 869
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase - [Update-8/4/10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
Oh no don't count on me, I have horrible taste!
I've been calling you Snoru for a while now. O:
Also to make this post not-spammy:


The original nurse from R/G/B- before they made her pinkhaired and whatnot.

Made her bowing 'cause it'd be less boring that way.
She's very cute. D8
Well, you're my spriting partner and I refuse not to take your advice. (lol Jacob Marley.)

I'm sorry I didn't notice. ;^;
To also make my post un-spammy:
I really like it. c: The animation is cute, too. But one thing I don't like (That isn't your fault!) is those new tall sprites in B/W. Just... meh.
Reply With Quote
  #1229  
Old 12-19-2010, 05:21 AM
Disco's Avatar
Disco Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Massachusetts, USA.
Posts: 960
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase - [Update-8/4/10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami-Chan View Post
Whoa holy whoa that's so cool whoa.
LOL. I've never been patient enough to do an animation and wow that's such a smooth-looking sprite. really good job on that
It's not even a big animation, only three frames. D8
But thank you! (ノ∀ ̄〃)ヘヘヘ DGDFDFG -dies-
(I can't take compliments without passing out and/or dying.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male Snorunt View Post
Well, you're my spriting partner and I refuse not to take your advice. (lol Jacob Marley.)

I'm sorry I didn't notice. ;^;
To also make my post un-spammy:
I really like it. c: The animation is cute, too. But one thing I don't like (That isn't your fault!) is those new tall sprites in B/W. Just... meh.
I almost thought you said 'sparring'.
Should I uh, bust out the heart breaker again? D:

Notice what? D;

Aww, thanks! I actually really like the tall sprites. O: It gives me an opportunity to cramp a million details now. ; D
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1230  
Old 12-19-2010, 05:31 AM
Male Snorunt's Avatar
Male Snorunt Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: A nice cold place
Posts: 869
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase - [Update-8/4/10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
It's not even a big animation, only three frames. D8
But thank you! (ノ∀ ̄〃)ヘヘヘ DGDFDFG -dies-
(I can't take compliments without passing out and/or dying.)

THAT IS SO THE TRUTH. oAo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
I almost thought you said 'sparring'.
Should I uh, bust out the heart breaker again? D:

Notice what? D;

Aww, thanks! I actually really like the tall sprites. O: It gives me an opportunity to cramp a million details now. ; D
Lol, wow. XD
And why would you? D:

That you were calling me Snoru. :T

You're welcome. :D And I suppose it works with sprite art... but they look like their bodies shouldn't be able to support their heads.

*Shifts nervously in seat* I feel like I'm spamming up this thread and you're about to call me out on it any second now. Should we switch this conversation to PM, as well as the one in OUR shop?

(See what I did there? 8D)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com