Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 05:02 AM
Royal Pichu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Royal Pichu
Default Re: Cutting Down Size of Clans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy the Great View Post
Here's a question that I would like to ask...

WAAAaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaayyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYY back when I first came to PE2K, there was a rule that a clan that appeared here n PE2K, had to be a PE2K exclusive clan.

What I mean is, if there were a clan on another "popular Pokemon related forum", and then a version of that clan, under the same name showed up here, what would happen?

Is this still against the rules of the clans section of PE2K?
But why would you ask that ,because if that did happen then we would lose possible activity.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:12 AM
Joel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Pichu View Post
But why would you ask that ,because if that did happen then we would lose possible activity.
Or it could actually UP activity here if the clan from the other forum isn't exactly happy where it's at, and wants to find a new forum to call home.

Sort of like an already established clan that's unhappy on a different forum coming to find new faces, and people to battle.

In the past three monts, 5 clans have shut down "over there", based soley on the fact that the other forum/site lags all to hell.

As you can see...Clan established elsewhere, but wanting to find somewhere else to go...

And others like the one's that have already shut down on that "other forum" that aren't shut down just yet, but are teetering on the brink of the same thing happening to them.

I also occasionally do wifi battles.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:16 AM
Royal Pichu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Royal Pichu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy the Great View Post
Or it could actually UP activity here if the clan from the other forum isn't exactly happy where it's at, and wants to find a new forum to call home.

Sort of like an already established clan that's unhappy on a different forum coming to find new faces, and people to battle.

In the past three monts, 5 clans have shut down "over there", based soley on the fact that the other forum/site lags all to hell.

As you can see...Clan established elsewhere, but wanting to find somewhere else to go...

And others like the one's that have already shut down on that "other forum" that aren't shut down just yet, but are teetering on the brink of the same thing happening to them.
Well now that serebii had a new 1 clan rule im sure more clans over their will be closing down. And especially with that lag might make an alternative here with no lag.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:27 AM
Joel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Pichu View Post
Well now that serebii had a new 1 clan rule im sure more clans over their will be closing down. And especially with that lag might make an alternative here with no lag.
Well, there was that old fact that I was promoting the inter-forum war versus Serebii at one point...Even though it never happened.

I suppose if someone here said please, I could promote the idea of an alternative forum to a few clans over there. A forum that has no lag, but basically the same setup as Serebii does.

I also occasionally do wifi battles.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:35 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

It's like that new clan Tribal Savages. I'm betting Royal Pichu brought them over from another forum. I'm actually fine with that, sense it will boost activity. Though it does seem unfair to the clans here, I guess. It actually leads to my second idea that you have to have 50 posts to start a clan on the forum, but I don't know how that will go.

15 sounds like a good number to start out with, but I don't know about cutting people. It sounds like TLMS is alright with it and Yami hasn't updated his list in awhile, so I'm not sure who's in that clan or not. That just leaves the Pokerus Empire, who doesn't want to. If you can get them aboard with it, then I'm all for it.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 05-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

I think you missed my last post, bringing clans over from other sites has always been a general rule. Ive seen clans locked because they were big clans trying to start a chapter here

as far as dropping to 15 members, i think its a good start point. With clans with members over 15 the best way to handle is to allow them to keep the members they have but when someone leaves they can not replace them.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 05-05-2010, 04:13 PM
pokemonfanboy2000 Offline

Send a message via AIM to pokemonfanboy2000

Well it might be normal to you having about 7 member scuba but have you considerd how pokerus empire would feel having to chuk people out of his clan?
Old 05-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonfanboy2000 View Post
Well it might be normal to you having about 7 member scuba but have you considerd how pokerus empire would feel having to chuk people out of his clan?
He doesn't have to chuck people out of his clan, just wait for them to leave and then have the limit set in place when enough members have left.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:27 PM
pokemonfanboy2000 Offline

Send a message via AIM to pokemonfanboy2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
He doesn't have to chuck people out of his clan, just wait for them to leave and then have the limit set in place when enough members have left.
Yes but say they dont wanna leave and won`t leave?
Old 05-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonfanboy2000 View Post
Yes but say they dont wanna leave and won`t leave?
Not sure, but a member will have to leave eventually.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Flu Offline
Master Trainer

I don't see how cutting down clan sizes would increase productivity.
You'd just have more inactive clans with fewer members.
Making clans smaller doesn't force activity, and has failed on every site I've seen it utilized.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Void Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
I think you missed my last post, bringing clans over from other sites has always been a general rule. Ive seen clans locked because they were big clans trying to start a chapter here

as far as dropping to 15 members, i think its a good start point. With clans with members over 15 the best way to handle is to allow them to keep the members they have but when someone leaves they can not replace them.
Well, that rule goes for clans which are supposed to be "branches" with the main in other forums. If you make a new clan here with the exact same name, just no links or anything, it should be fine. And you can still bring in members from other forums too since there never was a rule against it.

This is pretty much me finding a way around the rules, but if done as stated above it should actually pretty much be legal.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flu View Post
I don't see how cutting down clan sizes would increase productivity.
You'd just have more inactive clans with fewer members.
Making clans smaller doesn't force activity, and has failed on every site I've seen it utilized.
It would encourage other members to make more clans.

Say, 5 clans have 18 members, and 3 have to be removed from each one.

That's 15 more members, and that is one full clan in this case.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Flu Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
It would encourage other members to make more clans.

Say, 5 clans have 18 members, and 3 have to be removed from each one.

That's 15 more members, and that is one full clan in this case.
More clans=/= more activity.
Just because there are more clans, doesn't mean these clans will be active, or even have neough member to compete.
Also, more than likely, the member being "kicked off" rosters will be inactive to begin with, meaning activity will be the same as before.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:19 PM
megamonk4 Offline

What's wrong with reducing clan sizes? Even though it would be kind of bad for some members for them having to switch to other clans, but it also allows members to know other clan members from different clans.

Pokemon Black/White Walkthrough
Closed Thread