Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:16 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Lightbulb Coming to the URPG this Summer... ?

Events are a key component to what the URPG is about. From tournaments to story competitions to massive FFA's, the URPG events are chance for members of the community to test their skills with and against each other.

Since 2003, the URPG has always been a part of a major event highlighting the free and wild summer months. During the summer, URPG members tend to have more free time. Activity increases by several times and you can't move an inch without running into a URPG battle or a member writing a story or some sort of contest going on. People, after seasons of school, finally have time to play.

This year we don't have anything major planned... yet. Neither for PE2K nor BMG.

So I would like to open the floor up to your ideas. Would you be interested in a major URPG event this summer and if so, what would you like it to include? Don't worry. No matter how wacky the idea is, you can post it. Goodness knows how many URPG vets have a few screws loose (ask Bob Dole).
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default Re: Coming to the URPG this Summer... ?

We need to have another URPG Chat. It happened a couple years ago where a bunch of people were in one big chat room, and Jack had a FFA, Auction, Tourney, Item Giveaways, multiple Pokemon Giveaways, etc.

I'd actually volunteer to run it if I were allowed.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:47 AM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Zombie Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
We need to have another URPG Chat. It happened a couple years ago where a bunch of people were in one big chat room, and Jack had a FFA, Auction, Tourney, Item Giveaways, multiple Pokemon Giveaways, etc.

I'd actually volunteer to run it if I were allowed.

I like this idea, or maybe another forum FFA, WAR (if it'll happen), and maybe some giveaway event (not like the summer giveaway) for the 4th of July (or if you're not in America like a few of us are) just a simple summer activity that happens to be on the 4th of July.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:52 AM
GreenRampage Offline

Send a message via AIM to GreenRampage

I have an idea for a tournament that at least one current official has been interested in and after working out all the kinks I was going to ask for its approval during the summer, while activity is up
Old 05-13-2010, 01:31 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

We can certainly have multiple ideas going at the same time.

For example, we certainly will have the Summer Writing Competition, but we can also have a tournament and the day-festival events as Rust mentioned.

But also a lot more too! I'm thinking that the more people we have helping out planning these things, the more we can put together!
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:42 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Apart from the usual events that happen, you might want to include the following.

- Quiz/Questionaire (that revolves around URPG) not that old, but something people can mass spam search/etc. Also, give a time limit, that should be even more fun.

- Random Money/Pokemon(not that uber) tossed around. The power of dice never fails. It would be funny to see people get random pokemon and random money(between 1k - 7k?) I don't know.

- We can also try to bring back the Frontier Tournaments. I'm sure the very last one was hosted by Chris (Fossil Fussion) Battle Factory was it? We can bring up Battle Pike/etc something different; with its own unique rules.

- How about the Lottery? It's been a while since we had one. Last one hosted was by DU, and when was that again? Last Summer?

- There are also some prizes which I can think off (brought from the Park Events), something like Price Coupons for the Mart/Underground/Etc. Yeah, they are not exchangable for money(cuz you already get the random money and whatnot), but only works in places they are assigned to. Something like Daycare tickets. We can have the UG tickets/Mart coupons/etc.

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League

Last edited by Trainer17; 05-13-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:47 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

I had an idea. Rather than plan one big event, let's have a bunch of smaller events at once, a proper URPG Summer Festival if you will. Fast moving auctions (1 day time limit on forums, spontaneous Official auctions on AIM, etc.), small time lotteries (with the usual big lottery at the end), mini-tournies galore, and any other kinds of small events and fun things we could plan up.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:47 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

I have one more idea.

I know we've discussed betting before, but perhaps we can pull off a way to do it by having several "Exhibition Matches" between several well known URPGers (like Marth vs Haze or HKim vs Lord Celebi :P). People can watch and put money on each battler before the match, then the money would be split up evenly by the winning side.

@Khaj: I seriously want another URPG Chat again. That had to be like the third funnest thing I've done on PE2K ever. And like I said, I'd love to host it as well.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:59 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
I have one more idea.

I know we've discussed betting before, but perhaps we can pull off a way to do it by having several "Exhibition Matches" between several well known URPGers (like Marth vs Haze or HKim vs Lord Celebi :P). People can watch and put money on each battler before the match, then the money would be split up evenly by the winning side.

@Khaj: I seriously want another URPG Chat again. That had to be like the third funnest thing I've done on PE2K ever. And like I said, I'd love to host it as well.
The problem with gambling in an environment like this is that most of us are friends, or at least friendly, and thus we can convince our friends to take a dive so we can get that much richer. Still, I like the idea of exhibition matches. Who wouldn't want to see extremely hyped climactic battles between epic rivals?
Old 05-13-2010, 07:20 AM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
The problem with gambling in an environment like this is that most of us are friends, or at least friendly, and thus we can convince our friends to take a dive so we can get that much richer.
Although if you're convincing someone to take a dive, and I'm convincing the other to take a dive, you've got both people trying to lose. Besides, a little thing called pride might stop any biasing. :P

I like the idea of a many mini-events. Or even many big-events. x] I remember once (probably more, but I've only seen him do it once) DU did an AIM Quiz. That was quite fun.