Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium
Default Trainer Stats

Yeah, to get straight to the point, I'd like to suggest an increase in the number of posts allowed for our Trainer Stats to 4, as opposed to the current 3. (That is, the first post and 3 replies instead of the first post and 2 replies)

Basically, we have the first post for general details, money, items, trades, battle record etc etc. Second post for their first 40 mons, third post for other Pokemon (in case of 40+ moons) and the last post for gyms stats and other miscellaneous stuff. (Of course, this format might be different from people to people, but there still will around 4 posts required.)

Sure, this could be condensed into three posts, but then it would look really cluttered. The limit is also one of the basic reasons why many people have shifted their stats from pe2k to Proboards and other forums. This means that the URPG mods lose the ability to check up on past details, if needed, on such forums.

And at the end of the day, I don't really see how it affects the URPG and/or Pe2k badly in any way. There are thousands of new posts everyday, it's not like another post per URPG member is going to make the forum crash or something.

(The only other reason I can think of having this limit is that when the URPG began, no need was felt for more than three posts since no one had more than 40 Pokemon, and then it hasn't been changed since.)

Thoughts.

EDIT: Maybe we could have it like this that 3 posts for people with 40 or less Pokemon and 4 posts for people with more than 40 Pokemon (and such a increase with every 40 Pokemon)?

<3

Last edited by Iridium; 04-27-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze
Default Re: Trainer Stats

I think the rule was meant to stop people from making new posts just to bump their stats etc

Also what do you mean by past details? Mods can't see what a post looked like before it was edited.

Last edited by Haze; 04-27-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

Some people already have 4 posts in their Stats. I don't see what's wrong with extending it. If this is to prevent bumping threads, then wouldn't that mean people still could do it now since some have only 1-2 post(s). So regardless, you'll see occasional bumping.

OR just make it required to have the maximum amount of posts that thread can have when they make the thread. That way would stop bumping. But if the post limit is changed, then that means there will be several stats bumped to add in the post(s).

idk just throwing stuff out there

WAR XI Team: .
Old 04-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
Also what do you mean by past details? Mods can't see what a post looked like before it was edited.
Uhh yes we can, by clicking the "last edited" part of a post and comparing the history of the edits. I assume it's the same everywhere else on the forum as it is in the ASB forum. :3
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 04-28-2010, 07:01 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

It's not unreasonable to allow 1 or 2 more posts in the stats. A person who wishes to abuse this can only "bumb" his thread so many times. Even if he deletes the posts, mods can still see the deleted posts.

Extending the limit is not particularly harmful to the community as a whole.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:10 AM
Iridium Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuzo-kun View Post
Uhh yes we can, by clicking the "last edited" part of a post and comparing the history of the edits. I assume it's the same everywhere else on the forum as it is in the ASB forum. :3
Yeah, that's what I meant by past details. I can access my own post's edit history. But apparently for some reason, when I try to access it in my stats, some error pops up :/

And anyway, I don't really see why people bump their stats. It's not like being on the first page makes it special or something lol

<3

Last edited by Iridium; 04-28-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:15 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

This has been resolved, but still, I'd just to like to say, I don't think the image limit should be a reason for putting more posts in. The character limit should. Not having images won't make it look any less messy or clustered.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:31 AM
Iridium Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
This has been resolved, but still, I'd just to like to say, I don't think the image limit should be a reason for putting more posts in. The character limit should. Not having images won't make it look any less messy or clustered.
Well, even if we all agree to that, I really don't see what harm there is increasing the limit, really.

<3
Old 04-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

I thought the rule was three until you use them up? If so then we should keep it that way. Even then, nobody cares if you use a fourth post for not-bumping purposes.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 05-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Iridium Offline

Since I don't want this to be forgotten...

Can we now have 4 posts or do we still need to wait for the official verdict?

<3
Old 05-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium View Post
Since I don't want this to be forgotten...

Can we now have 4 posts or do we still need to wait for the official verdict?
I thought Leman already hinted that we don't really care. :O

Anyway, you can do that if you really need the space. This is only exclusive to those who really need the space, other posts that aren't needed will still be deleted.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:38 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
I thought Leman already hinted that we don't really care. :O

Anyway, you can do that if you really need the space. This is only exclusive to those who really need the space, other posts that aren't needed will still be deleted.

What Ataro said.

/official
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:58 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

"(The only other reason I can think of having this limit is that when the URPG began, no need was felt for more than three posts since no one had more than 40 Pokemon, and then it hasn't been changed since.)"

It was to stop/prevent people from post-whoring their stats with a bunch of small posts to gain that +1. I remember one person had a post for each of his/her few Pokemon.
With so many people owning numerous Pokemon, extending the limit is fine as long as there is a limit.

~Jack~

-| Links |-