Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:34 PM
POKEMANIAC123456789 Offline
New Trainer

Default Pokemon emerald save data corruption or loss

After beating the Elite Four in PokeMon emerald and waiting until the credits have ended and the game has saved it should come up continue but rather it comes up saying "the save file cannot be loaded due to corruption or data loss how do i fix this it has happened three times in a row ???
Old 05-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Dartz Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dartz Send a message via MSN to Dartz Send a message via Yahoo to Dartz
Default Re: Pokemon emerald save data corruption or loss

are you using Original GBA or Emulator??
Old 05-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Crystal-Wolf Offline
Experienced Trainer

Which emulator did you use?
If you even used an emulator.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:29 PM
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
are you using Original GBA or Emulator??
original gba
Old 05-11-2010, 10:30 PM
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal-Wolf View Post
Which emulator did you use?
If you even used an emulator.
No i didn't use an emulator i used the origina GBA
Old 05-12-2010, 07:06 AM
Dartz Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dartz Send a message via MSN to Dartz Send a message via Yahoo to Dartz

If so then follow these steps:

Try just cleaning it out (like blow into the space on the game, and where you insert the game to the gba), sometimes that works.

Butttt...I've had a TON of used games not save because a little battery in the game stopped working. I had it happen to my Sapphire, Gold, Silver, and Diamond game (all were used). And make sure it's not a "bootleg" game. The game should be sparkly green plastic, not black/grey plastic. I got a used Sapphire game like that, and I took it to Game Stop saying it wouldn't save and the guy said it was a pirated copy of the game and that's why it wouldn't save.

Just bring it into a GameStop and tell them it won't save, they'll let you exchange it for one that works.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:07 AM
Dartz Offline

Or
I'd advise you to load to the save file you spoke off, and try to fix your game by realising Kyogre. I highly doubt that it would repair the damage, but it's worth a shot.

If you beleive that time is the problem, open up the VBA without loading any ROMs , go to the Options menu and select "Emulation", and enable "Real Time Clock".

A theory could be that because you were never supposed to have Kyogre before you beat the Elite Four, it screwed up your game. However, this theory is unlikely, since (I think) it IS possible to obtain Kyogre before you beat the Elite Four by trading.

It could be that your game itself was corrupted, or that by entering the cave and catching Kyogre, the game din't recognise it and somehow screwed up your save file. This too, is unlikely since there are plenty of game hackers messing with hax values to have Kanto pokemon in R/S/E games, and from what I heard, even if you catch one before you get the National Pokedex, it won't effect your saved game.

Maybe your game save file corrupted because of activating the gameshark cheat. I've heard that they can damage your game, though it is true I haven't heard of them corrupting your game save file. In any case, prevention is way better than cure. I'd advise you to use the VBA save feature(not the game's) before attempting anything you shouldnt be doing. That way, you can just load back to before you caught Kyogre
Old 05-13-2010, 04:29 PM
New Trainer

Quote:
Or
I'd advise you to load to the save file you spoke off, and try to fix your game by realising Kyogre. I highly doubt that it would repair the damage, but it's worth a shot.

If you beleive that time is the problem, open up the VBA without loading any ROMs , go to the Options menu and select "Emulation", and enable "Real Time Clock".

A theory could be that because you were never supposed to have Kyogre before you beat the Elite Four, it screwed up your game. However, this theory is unlikely, since (I think) it IS possible to obtain Kyogre before you beat the Elite Four by trading.

It could be that your game itself was corrupted, or that by entering the cave and catching Kyogre, the game din't recognise it and somehow screwed up your save file. This too, is unlikely since there are plenty of game hackers messing with hax values to have Kanto pokemon in R/S/E games, and from what I heard, even if you catch one before you get the National Pokedex, it won't effect your saved game.

Maybe your game save file corrupted because of activating the gameshark cheat. I've heard that they can damage your game, though it is true I haven't heard of them corrupting your game save file. In any case, prevention is way better than cure. I'd advise you to use the VBA save feature(not the game's) before attempting anything you shouldnt be doing. That way, you can just load back to before you caught Kyogre

who mentioned having kyogre
Old 05-14-2010, 03:09 AM
Dartz Offline

Quote:
Or

Oh ****... i posted this in wrong thread... i have to post this on the other thread...
posted by mistake sorry...................................
but you can try the other method i told you.......
Old 05-14-2010, 08:28 AM
Team_Edward019 Offline
Elite Trainer

did you drop the cartridge or something? if so it might have damaged the memory card inside it and thats why it won't work. Thats what happened to my leafgreen *sadface* but I traded it in to gametraders\gamestop, depending on what country your from...

OMIGAWSHWARNINGWTH
The Pokemon Elemental Forums suck; don't go there.
They have an irresponsible, unreliable Admin, and two power
hungry moderators that will ban you if you say anything
that's even a smidgen not to their liking.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
Gakupo Luka
♥~Paired To The Epic Peace Buyer~♥
Old 10-29-2010, 01:25 AM
bayrock14 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bayrock14
Talking Re: Pokemon emerald save data corruption or loss

This happened to my Actual Heart Gold Today, was very Upsetting.

Solution:

1. I used "SavSender" to get my Save file (You can skip this if your emulating)

2. Opened it in the program "PokeSav"

3. "Save As"

4. Overwrite the Original file

5. Sent it back (If you're emulating, Not needed)

6. Fixed

Not sure how this will play out with an emulated GBA Game,
Or whether it will even work with GBA,
But it has solved my problem on Heart Gold.

Last edited by bayrock14; 10-29-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Closed Thread