Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 02:15 AM
GreenRampage Offline

Send a message via AIM to GreenRampage
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badal View Post
Sure, but I feel a character limit should be introduced but not FORCED upon since this is not a story and we are on a journey and not to talk talk and talk, yes there has to be some character limits but it shouldn't be as high as a story since it just fails the purpose then.

Also, about the NP in general, roughly when can we expect it to open up again and be ready for testing, since I want to become a ranger and I need to get tested, its been waiting. Not that I'm trying to be impatient but just that I was wondering
Also perhaps different character limits for battle posts and non-battle posts?

Could seriously low quality posts perhaps result in a penalty or something? For example a post that only says "Nah I don't want that mon" could either be punished by having a capture removed or the mon attacking or something? Just a way to keep it more intersting.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:20 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRampage View Post

Could seriously low quality posts perhaps result in a penalty or something? For example a post that only says "Nah I don't want that mon" could either be punished by having a capture removed or the mon attacking or something? Just a way to keep it more intersting.
Having a capture removed doesn't seem fair after they have captured the Pokemon, but having to battle the wild Pokemon does. I think that having them battle a wild Pokemon (depending on quality of the post) will make them write better, in my opinion at least.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:41 AM
GreenRampage Offline

Send a message via AIM to GreenRampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee16 View Post
Having a capture removed doesn't seem fair after they have captured the Pokemon, but having to battle the wild Pokemon does. I think that having them battle a wild Pokemon (depending on quality of the post) will make them write better, in my opinion at least.
Oops I meant encounter ^^;
Old 06-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

We could have it work in the game/anime where if you try to run and you fail the wild Pokemon gets a free hit on you. :3 DIRECT HIT ON THE PLAYER

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 06-08-2010, 08:00 AM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Don't think this should happen if a character limit is brought in, because a few people in this thread have said that battle-posts and non-battle posts should be given equal effort into, and that non-battleposts are just as important.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badal View Post
Sure, but I feel a character limit should be introduced but not FORCED upon since this is not a story and we are on a journey and not to talk talk and talk, yes there has to be some character limits but it shouldn't be as high as a story since it just fails the purpose then.

Also, about the NP in general, roughly when can we expect it to open up again and be ready for testing, since I want to become a ranger and I need to get tested, its been waiting. Not that I'm trying to be impatient but just that I was wondering
Well, we already had a character limit and post guideline, but no one that I know of was using it, so we're going to have to enforce it. The character requirement is there to show how much effort is needed for a specific Rank. The rarer the Mon, the more effort you should have to put out for it, which means more creativity and such. But think of the filler you can use as well. You don't have to fill each post with outrageous combos and such; spend time describing how things look or feel or smell or whatever; describe the surroundings and how they're being put into play; describe your Pokemon's condition and how they execute their moves; describe your character's emotions and thoughts and other things you can think about.

And no, the character requirements won't be as high for the Park as they are for Stories, considering the face that money and another active party can have a big impact on your Park run.

As for when the Park will reopen, we're getting things taken care of at a reasonably fast pace. I won't give any specific dates, but hopefully within the next couple of weeks, everything should be ironed out and ready to go.

Quote:

Could seriously low quality posts perhaps result in a penalty or something? For example a post that only says "Nah I don't want that mon" could either be punished by having a capture removed or the mon attacking or something? Just a way to keep it more interesting.
I think it would be hard to require the same character requirements for a non-battle post as a battle-post :P. Also, for non-battle posts it can be exceedingly difficult, if not impossible, for a Trainer to post more than a few sentences. Sure, a few posts can be made about the scenery or whatever, but eventually you'd be filling posts with pointless filler after a while. Still, perhaps we could implement a 500 character requirement for non-battle posts, from both Rangers and Trainers. If Rangers give their Trainers more to work with then it'll be easier for Trainers to meet a small requirement like 500 characters, or whatever.

And posts with very poor quality should already result in penalties. The Wild Pokemon fleeing, or severely damaging your Pokemon, or trying to attack the Trainer...if the Trainer isn't putting forth any effort at all, it's the Ranger's duty to deal out suitable punishments. I know some Rangers will make a Pokemon flee if the Trainer switches Pokemon three times in the same battle. Hell, Rangers can penalize even outstanding posts if it's necessary, such as to ensure a Pokemon isn't KOed or something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
Don't think this should happen if a character limit is brought in, because a few people in this thread have said that battle-posts and non-battle posts should be given equal effort into, and that non-battleposts are just as important.
BPs and NBPs are indeed of equal importance, but depending on what's currently going on and how much the Ranger gives the Trainer to work with, it may be very easy or downright impossible to meet a high character requirement for NBPs. A character limit isn't a bad idea, but it shouldn't be too high. 500 characters, or maybe 750, even 1,000, should be more than enough to keep spammy posts from filling the Park.

We're still discussing the matter of Trainers easily escaping from encounters, but I think we're closing in on a solution that's practical and easy to stick to, so I think we're that much closer to getting the Park ready.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 06-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Geez, all this talk is making me feel like going through the park myself even though I don't really have a Pokemon I wanna capture in mind. :x

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 06-09-2010, 12:21 AM
Shana2488 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Shana2488 Send a message via MSN to Shana2488 Send a message via Yahoo to Shana2488

Personally, I think this whole thing is full of crap. You shouldn't be taking away everyone's rare Pokemon they caught in the Park! If you don't like the way someone did something, punish that person or the ref for letting them have it! Don't punish everyone else. I caught a Feebas and my friend caught a Rotom which we both worked hard on for months and now you're going to take it away because someone else is throwing a hissy fit because another someone else caught Pokemon? That's not right! That's not even fair which apparently is the whole bullcrap point of what this is about.

I RP in the park because I don't have the time to sit down and write a 60K story for something like a Feebas or a Munchlax and quite frankly, I like RPing out the capture of Pokemon better than I do sitting down and writing a story! Are you people seriously going to take away the Pokemon of those who deserved them and punish everyone instead of who the problem is based on? Really? You want to moan and whine and ***** about how the whole system is broken and how this whole thing is unfair? Look at what you're doing now! Now the people who have worked hard to get our rare Pokemon that you mods failed to set down rules (or enforce them, whatever) for are going to be treated unfairly and now you're really going to have a big hissy fit on your hands! This is bull-honkey! You people should have thought about people doing this when you set up the park! If it's broken, fix it, but don't take away everyone else's hard-earned rare Pokemon because of one specific party! We worked hard for those and we want them back!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:03 AM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

I didn't plan on posting in reply to the "GIMME BACK MY POKEMON!!!" posts, but I'm bored and kinda annoyed, so yeah.

Here's a comparison. Maybe you will understand after I say this. Lets say you live in New York. For whatever reason, the government of New York sends you a check for 100,000$ by mistake. Now you are not responsible for this mistake, but would you have to send the money back? Yes, you would. Is that fair to you? You didn't do anything wrong. The system is messing up, not you. Why should you be punished because the government screwed up and gave you money? Because you didn't do anything for it. You didn't work as hard as say the doctor who gets 100,000$ a year. So you have to give it back, because its not fair for the people who acctually would work to get that kind of money. At the end of the day you are not any worse off than when you first got the check. That's basically whats going on.

@ the guy/girl above me
The thing with you and the Feebas is, yes you spent a lot of time and effort getting it, but everyone else who has one has spent MUCH more effort. You can like to RP more than writing, but your RP has to have the SAME amount of effort as a story writer. Hell, I can't even find your RP.

It's not one specific party. Its all of you. None of you put in a decent amount of effort. All of your posts may be excellent, but you have 10k worth of RPing. You shouldn't be getting a Pokemon that normally requires 40k.

You do have the time to write for one if you can write six other stories AND make little banners for each. Don't give me that crap.

I hear people complaining because their 'time' can't be refunded. First, let me point out that you play Pokemon on the internet as a teenager! Chances are you have no life. You don't need that time. what are you gonna do with it? Browse the forums some more? Look for refs? You obviously weren't going to spend it doing anything useful, because the first time you chose to spend it getting fake Pokemon on an internet game, and frankly thats not that useful in the long run. Your time isn't valuable, get over it.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 06-09-2010, 02:25 AM
Shana2488 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Shana2488 Send a message via MSN to Shana2488 Send a message via Yahoo to Shana2488

I'm a girl, Leman, and for your information: A) I'm not a teenager and B) I had time to write stories before I became a mommy. Sorry, but I haven't had time to do a whole hell of a lot of writing for a Pokemon. You probably can't find it because the ref and I are a bit slow on posting because we have a life. So, thanks for throwing in stero-types and assuming that I have "no life" because I was once upon a time active on the URPG. Unfortunately, you fail at making a decent point because your assumptions are incorrect.

Also, you're just as guilty as everyone else at RPing on the URPG, Leman. Who are you to judge who has a life and the time when you yourself have been participating in more battles and captured more Mons and you're a URPG Official? Hm? Let's go ahead and play by your rules and shell out stupid assumptions based on ****** research, shall we? "You were bored which must mean you have nothing better to do than rant and rave at someone else's comment; therefore, you have no life." On top of that, does this also mean that all the mods and admins of this forum who run and created the URPG have no life? No, it doesn't. Your logic fails, Leman.

Apparently, my point wasn't quite clear because I was ranting and raving. My point actually is: instead of screwing us over on the Pokemon we already got, why don't you just make it clear in the rules that we have to have a set amount, enforce those rules, and reteach your Rangers? That's a bit better of an idea than just saying, "Hay, we're going to f*ck you guys over and take your Monz because we failed to properly mention and enforce specific rules!" That way, it doesn't happen again and the majority of the members don't get uber-screwed.

Last edited by Shana2488; 06-09-2010 at 02:33 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:41 AM
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Leman actually made one of the most coherent posts in this entire thread which has a clear point and has a good analogy. One of the things you need to do in URPG is invest your time. Don't try to short change others by throwing out your maternal excuses as to why you should be handed extremely rare pokemon for less effort than others.

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead
Old 06-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Brizer Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
Leman actually made one of the most coherent posts in this entire thread which has a clear point and has a good analogy. One of the things you need to do in URPG is invest your time. Don't try to short change others by throwing out your maternal excuses as to why you should be handed extremely rare pokemon for less effort than others.
My problem is more with Leman acting like a condescending ******* about the whole thing. Frankly, it doesn't effect me because I'm inactive mostly due to real life, but hes still an entitled douchebag regardless.

I took my riolu out of my stats, but I'm too lazy to post **** anywhere else.

Near: Brizer, I NEED YOU ...damnit. Wow that sounded pretty gay
URPG Stats
Old 06-09-2010, 02:57 AM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana2488 View Post
I'm a girl, Leman, and for your information: A) I'm not a teenager and B) I had time to write stories before I became a mommy. Sorry, but I haven't had time to do a whole hell of a lot of writing for a Pokemon. You probably can't find it because the ref and I are a bit slow on posting because we have a life. So, thanks for throwing in stero-types and assuming that I have "no life" because I was once upon a time active on the URPG. Unfortunately, you fail at making a decent point because your assumptions are incorrect.

Also, you're just as guilty as everyone else at RPing on the URPG, Leman. Who are you to judge who has a life and the time when you yourself have been participating in more battles and captured more Mons and you're a URPG Official? Hm? Let's go ahead and play by your rules and shell out stupid assumptions based on ****** research, shall we? "You were bored which must mean you have nothing better to do than rant and rave at someone else's comment; therefore, you have no life." On top of that, does this also mean that all the mods and admins of this forum who run and created the URPG have no life? No, it doesn't. Your logic fails, Leman.

Apparently, my point wasn't quite clear because I was ranting and raving. My point actually is: instead of screwing us over on the Pokemon we already got, why don't you just make it clear in the rules that we have to have a set amount, enforce those rules, and reteach your Rangers? That's a bit better of an idea than just saying, "Hay, we're going to f*ck you guys over and take your Monz because we failed to properly mention and enforce specific rules!" That way, it doesn't happen again and the majority of the members don't get uber-screwed.
Get back in the kitchen.

Also, I agree with Leman. Sad but true. D:
Old 06-09-2010, 03:09 AM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

Yes, flame me, please. It makes you look so much better, and makes everyone in the thread want to side with you. Keep on cursing too. You obviously don't seem like an obnoxious, stereotypical teenager, do you?

The lack of a life comment was not directed solely at you. I'm sorry I missed out on some technical details. If you actually had read that part closely (which in fact wasn't the main point of the post; you ignored that) you wold have noticed I in fact, did not leave out the mods and officials from that. I included everyone who plays URPG. Chances are, that if you had something better to do with that time, you would have done that, since this is just a game. But you didn't have anything better to do so you RP'd. You wouldn't be doing anything better if you hadn't RP'd.

I couldn't find your RP, and that means you have more of a life and are less active here, so why do you care so much about a virtual fish? (You said the first part, or so that's what I understand)

Your last part of your post, I think, is answered pretty well, by my analogy. You should read it before complaining.

EDIT: Brizer, you usually don't give people respect when they've been whining and complaining and cursing.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Last edited by Leman; 06-09-2010 at 03:11 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:38 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Leman wins thread.

Last edited by The Jr Trainer; 06-09-2010 at 03:44 AM.
Closed Thread