Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 11:05 PM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger
Default Re: The National Park

I missed the part where you given a choice. You can either abide by the decision, or not. In which case you can be URPG banned, or just leave. Either way, it was discussed and virtually everyone is in agreement, unless that decision is reversed (and between you and me, with everyone in agreement, it probably won't) you WILL be deleting them from your stats.

Thanks for your time kids.

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Old 06-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianTiger View Post
I missed the part where you given a choice. You can either abide by the decision, or not. In which case you can be URPG banned, or just leave. Either way, it was discussed and virtually everyone is in agreement, unless that decision is reversed (and between you and me, with everyone in agreement, it probably won't) you WILL be deleting them from your stats.

~Isaiah
We're still missing the part under your reasoning. If you'd be as kind as to show us the logic of your decision, then maybe we'll be more likely to comply with it instead of leaving.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 06-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Shock64 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Shock64 Send a message via MSN to Shock64

Quote:

~Isaiah
And I missed who this "everybody" is. Your imaginary friends?

Quote:
They were not obtained by legitimate means if the system was broken at the time and it was.

~Isaiah
If the system was broken, you should have figured it out a long time ago. Not our fault you don't use the Park. It was legitimate at the time. Was Marijuana not legal years ago? Did they persecute anyone who's ever smoked it? Didn't think so.

Also, Sec's points are the best brought up here. Did you have to give money back after the rule change of FFAs? No? *fake gasp* Didn't think so.

It is not fair to make people give back Pokemon because the system is "broken" or that Rangers can favor the Trainers. Can Refs favor people or do lots of battles in a row for money? Can Judges do the same with Contests? Can Graders go easy on certain writers because of friendships or planned trade agreements? If you do this, you need to take away every rare Pokemon ever gotten from stories and all wages and winnings from refs and trainers who might be friends. This is complete insanity.

As a side note, Marth did indeed get three Porygon-Zs. In fact, he rolled 5. However, this was before the Special Maps were taken away and Electric Repel was banned from the Power Plant. Believe it or not, the Park is still partly in the testing stage, but as things come along, they are fixed. Right after Marth was done, Electric Repel was banned. A little before he was done, Special Maps were taken away and the rolling rules were changed. However, at the time, he won them fair and square. I should know: I was his Ranger.

|URPG Stats|Contest Stats|Park Stats|
Old 06-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

That's what I want to know too, who is this 'committee'? Why haven't they said anything? Why aren't Elite Rangers in charge of this, they know the park well enough to do this. Where are the trials we were told about? I'm asking all these questions because we weren't informed on anything. We don't even know who this committee is. It seems to me that these decisions were made by one person... who isn't a Ranger and hasn't been in the park.

EDIT: From Marth (he can't come on right now)

What I'd propopse is to let trainers have a second run on the park, free of charge, and encountering the same Pokémon with the 'new guidelines'.

Last edited by Bumblebee16; 06-05-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:47 AM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flammenwerfer View Post
You don't have a just cause. You don't have a good enough reason. Why even try to do this when you know there will be no one willing? Seems to me like a "quick fix". No, you aren't having my Absol, Bee's Absol, Metagross or Spiritomb. The only thing you can have is a suggestion to actually try something instead of just taking away the Pokemon we obtained.

I made suggestions MONTHS ago and they were completely ignored.

Shock you have to be joking. Still in a testing stage after a year along with it's test run? That's complete garbage if it's still being worked on. If I understand you, he had the chance to catch five Porgyon-Z? That alone should be reason enough to take another look at the encounter formula. Marth is also an elite ranger, and knew that using those would almost guarantee him finding PZ, which in my opinion is abuse.

Last edited by Haze; 06-05-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:40 AM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Zombie Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock64 View Post
Can Graders go easy on certain writers because of friendships or planned trade agreements? If you do this, you need to take away every rare Pokemon ever gotten from stories and all wages and winnings from refs and trainers who might be friends. This is complete insanity.
Actually I don't think there has been a story with a rare mon being captured that was just handed to them. It's becuase Graders aren't afraid to say 'no, you don't get this Pokemon, you don't deserve it, try again.' And it isn't complete sanity. If a new grader grades a story and it wasn't worthy of the Pokemon caught, then you can probably expect George, or Kat to come in and correct them. So why does that happen in the Park, yet elite rangers like Marth don't say anything? So now it's up to someone else to step in a say 'no, you don't deserve these Pokemon' it just so happens that you were already given the Pokemon and did stuff with them. If I were one of you, I'd stand up and face the music, it's not 'fair' that you have to give them up, but it also wasn't 'fair' that you were given them in the first place.

Btw, Near was the first to step up and return a mon. A lot of people deem him immiture yet he was the first one to step up? wow. (No offence to near, this is actually more of a complement)
Old 06-05-2010, 03:01 AM
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
And I missed who this "everybody" is. Your imaginary friends? Was Marijuana not legal years ago?
Everybody is the URPG officials.

Marijuana has been illegal in the U.S. for 80 years. That's quite a long time and long enough for your point about that to be invalid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee16 View Post
That's what I want to know too, who is this 'committee'? Why haven't they said anything? Why aren't Elite Rangers in charge of this.
This 'committee' is the URPG officials on the staff board. They are saying things. Elite Rangers aren't in charge because some of them (not pointing fingers) are just as corrupt as the park system.

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead
Old 06-05-2010, 03:02 AM
Shock64 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Shock64 Send a message via MSN to Shock64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
Shock you have to be joking. Still in a testing stage after a year along with it's test run? That's complete garbage if it's still being worked on. If I understand you, he had the chance to catch five Porgyon-Z? That alone should be reason enough to take another look at the encounter formula. Marth is also an elite ranger, and knew that using those would almost guarantee him finding PZ, which in my opinion is abuse.
Pardon, I didn't mean testing. I couldn't think of a better term. What I meant is that there's still things being found out that need to be changed, which happens all over URPG. After Marth did that, it was changed so that it could never happen again without extreme luck (with the removal of the Map and Electric Repel). Yes, it was abuse, but it was allowed at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
Marijuana has been illegal in the U.S. for 80 years. That's quite a long time and long enough for your point about that to be invalid.
It's never too long to make a point. =P

|URPG Stats|Contest Stats|Park Stats|
Old 06-05-2010, 04:36 AM
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Don't stick your tongue out at me or I'll cut it off.
Also, yes it is.

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead

Last edited by Black Hawk; 06-05-2010 at 04:49 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:57 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Pssh, who wants Pokemon based off luck anyway?

Do it the real way and ask people for n00dz.

-----

But really guys, we're just taking back the Pokemon because we want it to be fair for everyone. Those who are arguing that the Underground's Aerodactyl weren't taken back is putting up a bad argument, the UG was supposed to be a luck based system, so you were lucky to get a Aero fossil. The Park, however, was not meant to be a luck based system, or a system which was for those who could not take the time (read: lazy) to write a quality story and get them Gastly or Staryu. It was supposed to be an alternative to those who didn't like to write stories, but rather wanted an interactive system, and those who just enjoy to RP but not write solo. Nor an easily abused system, which it turned out to be.

Last edited by The Jr Trainer; 06-05-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:36 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:
Pardon, I didn't mean testing. I couldn't think of a better term. What I meant is that there's still things being found out that need to be changed, which happens all over URPG. After Marth did that, it was changed so that it could never happen again without extreme luck (with the removal of the Map and Electric Repel). Yes, it was abuse, but it was allowed at the time.

Do take note that Marth's three PZs is not the only reason this "recall" of sorts is happening. Actually, to be honest, it's sort of insignificant when compared to the greater concern: RPers are capturing rare Pokemon with posts that just don't meet the standards for these Pokemon. Rare Pokemon are being caught left and right, and when the RP posts were examined, length and quality were just not right. Yes, the Park is not the Stories section, but when somebody walks off with a Feebas that was caught in five short, mediocre posts, it's obvious that the effort needed was not there.

Also, I was part of Isaiah's "imaginary friends." xP

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 06-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Kat View Post
Yes, the Park is not the Stories section, but when somebody walks off with a Feebas that was caught in five short, mediocre posts, it's obvious that the effort needed was not there.

- Kat
In case some people don't understand just how little is "five short, mediocre posts", someone caught a Riolu in like 4000 characters. And yes, this was pretty much what was happening everywhere.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:51 AM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium

Another thing I'd like to point is about the elite battle between Marth and Mike, there was such a problem when Marth claimed that the outcome should be changed because everywhere he found that CHs were 12.5% (which has now been implemented in the URPG as well), whereas in the URPG it was 25% The verdict given was that since the rule was not in place in the URPG when the battle was done, no change would be done.

Same thing should be applicable to this. The way everyone caught Pokemon was a legal way at that time, and I don't see why they should have to give it back. Policies should be the same, be it for battles or the Park.

Here's the thread I'm talking about if anyone's interested.

<3
Old 06-05-2010, 07:19 AM
Badal Offline

Send a message via AIM to Badal

At this rate evert reffree who reffed more than 2 FFA's per week should have to give their money back! They used a broken method to obtain a lot of mney? I don't see why users here should have to give away pokemon that they obtained through a then legitimate system? I feel that these users do not have to give away their pokemon if they don't wish to!
It is not fair for the users to give up something that they obtained through what they counted as legitimate method
Old 06-05-2010, 07:28 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Okay let's just go back in time and change everything that applies to the rules the way they are right now.

Half of you wouldn't be even complaining about this (probably like 100%).

So shut the **** up.

also
PiEaNdChIpS678 (2:46:13 AM): Dude if people ***** this much about us taking away their virtual pokemon
PiEaNdChIpS678 (2:46:26 AM): how much do they ***** when their parents take away their physical stuff?

Just to visualize how immature you guys are being about a Pokemon game. We're just trying to make it fair for everyone, can't you just make it easy on us, we've already tried to be nice. We can just edit everything out of your stats without refund.

Last edited by The Jr Trainer; 06-05-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Closed Thread