Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze
Default Re: The National Park

Can I get compensated for the money I spent in the Park since I never really started and now it's closed?
Old 06-05-2010, 05:01 PM
iReign Offline

Send a message via AIM to iReign Send a message via MSN to iReign Send a message via Skype™ to iReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec View Post
Fair points stinky, I actually admitted to getting the pokemon easily and unfairly, and I do want to See the park change, infact I think I provide the longest critique o it so far in this thread! It's not that we don't wanthe park change its that we don't want the way problems like this are fixed changed. There was nothing wrong with the old way and it worked just fine.
I'm sorry, but I spy a little contradiction there. If you want it to change and all, and you're providing critique, why is there nothing wrong with the way the old things were? It is a bit unfair to exploit a loophole, and people used to get banned for that, so consider yourselves lucky.

Quote:
Irregardless of what I think about this decision though, I thought my solution was fair for boh sides. We did do enough work to earn lower level pokemon and they would make up for the things that we aren't being compensated for. We get proper compensation for our time and money and you guys get the rare pokemon removed. Everybody wins.
All right, well, 4,000 characters for a Scyther, and 3,600 for a Lickilicky is a lot of hard work and time! So, it would only be fair that you are compensated fairly for your tedious efforts in capturing these Pokemon.

Easiest - 3,000 – 5,000 characters

Magikarp, Caterpie, Wurmple, Weedle, Kricketot, Burmy

Hard work, alright.

While we're at it, why don't we give everyone compensation? I spent some money at the Park, because it is flawed should I get that back too? Please, stop whining about it and accept the punishment. It's a Pokemon that you got rather easily and without much effort. It isn't like they are threatening to ban you or anything, so just chill out.

life is a btch, but i appreciate her
AIM: ireignorshine
urpg

Last edited by iReign; 06-05-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badal View Post
At this rate evert reffree who reffed more than 2 FFA's per week should have to give their money back! They used a broken method to obtain a lot of mney? I don't see why users here should have to give away pokemon that they obtained through a then legitimate system? I feel that these users do not have to give away their pokemon if they don't wish to!
Yeah except ST was really the only one doing this and it wasn't broken. It was seen as a little excessive as he avoided moderation so the amended it for him.

Also, you seem to have missed the part where ST said you/they had a choice.

Quote:
The point is that this decision isn’t consistent with the ones that HAVE been made by the same (or at least most of you are the same) administration. The action taken against this decision was extremely radical and unnecessary.

You missed the point, we DON’T want anything changed, and the way things were done in the past was the right way to do it. Also, your point about the physical things is irrelevant, considering when parents take things away you know you’re getting it back eventually. These are being taken from us permanently. If your parents came to you and told you that you were losing your computer indefinitely I’m sure you wouldn’t go into your room and unplug it for them with a smile. Another thing is that we never said that this was fair; it’s not. We’re saying that it was legitimate, which it was at the time.

Scyther:
Characters: 4000
1/3 Entrance : 1200
Capturing Hyper Ball: 1500
Pokeplayer: 3500
Voice Disk: 3000
13.2k total

So I should get a Medium mon as compensation for Scyther and a Simple mon as compensation for Lickilicky, since I DID earn those “fairly”. Also, when returning our TMs and such, will our time spent in the daycare be compensated as well? I made 2 daycare trips for Scizor and one for Lickilicky, so to be fair I should be able to go through the daycare 3 times without waiting the time since I already did, correct?
Incorrect.

It may seem legitimate to you but it's absolutely illegitimate to me and all other writers who may spend MONTHS (hours of each day) on quality stories to churn out high level pokemon that Park goers are acquiring in character counts that I could whip out in half an hour.

Let's take your Scyther as an example. 4k characters. I could do that in half an hour at most. Now I wrote my Scyther story as ~55k. True, it exceeds what I needed but to make stories coherent you can't limit characters and good plots aren't easy to come by unless you're T_T. The longer it is, the time spent on it grows exponential with writer's block etc.

I spent about 2 months on that story not including the two weeks that it took for me to plan out the plot. If people are whining about being refunded their time- when you obviously shouldn't be, how can you refund time?- then I should be refunded 2 months. It'd only be fair seeing as how you abused the system and acquired things so easily and I abided by rules that are impossible to abuse as seen by the story department.

And who cares if it's inconsistent. Guess what? The National Park isn't FFAs. The National Park isn't the championship battle. The National Park is not equivocal to smoking pot, if you want to use that argument I can use Stinky's Nazi argument. The other decisions were made under a different staff. The current staff is obviously establishing its own identity and if it wants to be known as a harsh one then I'm all for it.

The decision was made. You don't have a choice, as ST said.

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead
Old 06-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Zombie Muse

I'm still confused on what the new rules are everyone's talking about. They're only taking away Pokemon that were handed to them with a side of system abuse :/

Also, the posts any of you gave to get those Pokemon probably took 5 min. MAX. on each post. We don't really know that, but given the quality the posts were, we have an educated guess. So all that 'time' you want back won't be worth the effort trying to get it back.

EDIT: Fun fact for today this post:
Quote:
could've given you two scythers by park standards :'D

Last edited by Zombie Muse; 06-05-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Sec Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Sec

I can see that I'm being very misunderstood :/ I SAID that it was unfair, I know that it was unfair, its quite easy to see looking back on it, my point was simply that the requirements were unfair but we still followed them, so we don't deserve a "punishment" for doing what we were told we had to do. I've moved on from that now, the discussion of fairness is closed. It's unfair and I know it, and htough my ideas of its legitimicy(which I believe is being confused with fairness here) still stands in my mind, I'm dropping the agruement.

As to Ireign, you misunderstood what I said too. I wanted to see change in the park, but I DIDN'T want to see change in the way situations like this were handled(taking Pokemon away), but like I said, dropping it.

My point now is, as Iridium said earlier, you do have to pay for the park where as you do not have to pay to write a story. Out of "fairness" we should be compensated for all of the money we spent to capture these Pokemon that we are not getting because otherwise we paid for nothing. That's where I got my idea from. When we calculate the value of a Pokemon usually we make it the lowest required character count for the lowest evolutionary form. Therefore, 1 character = 1$. So if I wrote 4000 characters and then the money used to capture that mon, the value of my park trip for that certain Pokemon was the added amount. I figured giving out a lower teir Pokemon based on the value would be fair, considering we did spend quite a bit and we did write a little. We may not deserve the rare mons, but we do deserve something at least since we did write and pay. If the point of this was removing the rare Pokemon from the system, what is the point of contenting the angry bunch of us by at least giving us SOMETHING which is understandably earned.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Badal Offline

Send a message via AIM to Badal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
Yeah except ST was really the only one doing this and it wasn't broken. It was seen as a little excessive as he avoided moderation so the amended it for him.

Also, you seem to have missed the part where ST said you/they had a choice.

So what you're saying is this is a communist system, we suggest something (1 person suggests something, and then the officials look over it, decide and if the several people don't agree, then you have options:
Get banned (As ST mentioned)
or
Shut the f*** up and deal with it (as Junior- a clearly high member of the URPG, mod of pe2k mentioned)

So why have the trainers court if eventually its going to be:
Quote:
So shut the **** up.
everytime.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:15 PM
GreenRampage Offline

Send a message via AIM to GreenRampage

Everyone keeps talking about how the members are being "punished" but honestly they really aren't. It's not like they got banned, or fined, or anything. They're basically just doing a do-over on the mons they thought were unfair.

Also I'm too lazy to quote but that's not communism badal =x I'd suggest you know what words mean before you use them.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Shock64 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Shock64 Send a message via MSN to Shock64

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRampage View Post
They're basically just doing a do-over on the mons they thought were unfair.
But they're not getting "do-overs", man. As Sec said, they're not getting money back for all the items they used in the RPs in order to capture said 'Mons, so it's just wasted money.

|URPG Stats|Contest Stats|Park Stats|
Old 06-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badal View Post
So what you're saying is this is a communist system, we suggest something (1 person suggests something, and then the officials look over it, decide.

So why have the trainers court if eventually its going to be.
No, that is not communism. That is more like a Republic, where the people that contribute are officials and HKim is the leader.

Because it's funny to watch people whine about being 'unfairly' swindled out of the Pokemon that they acquired unfairly in the first place.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Sec Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Sec

badal may have used the wrong words but he did have a good point. How is right for us to have to either "shut the **** up" or be banned? If I want to express my opinion than I'm going to do so Jr. Sorry if you don't like it :/

Thanks for clearing that up so that I didn't have to, Shock ^_^

I didn't mean to say punished Marshy :x I actually only said it to quote Ireign. I must agree with you, it's not a punishment, it's completely justified in a sense. It is just disappointing to pay for the trip and the items and then write the posts and capture the Pokemon and then leave with nothing when according to the park's rules we should have left with something (even if it was broken)..
This is why I'm saying that we should either get a Pokemon to replace the taken ones of equivelent value to the money and characters we spent/wrote (which would be just a simple mon in most cases so it's no big deal for you guys really). If you really think about it, if we would have known ahead of time that this would happen we would have all gone and caught simple and medium mons anyways, so we'd really just be getting what we should have gotten. For example, before Lickilicky appeared i could have caught a Venomoth. If I can't keep my Lickilicky and it's decided this far after then shouldn't I have the chance to obtain the Venomoth again?
If you don't want to do this then maybe we can each be allowed to enter the park again but have rare Pokemon rerolled in the encounter rolls so that we can't encounter these rare Pokemon that we shouldn't be capturing. If not this then we should at least be allowed a ree entrance to the park when it reopens because whether you guys want to admit it or not we're losing money unless something is fixes and we wasted a lot of time in the park on Pokemon that we wouldn't be able to keep, rather than skipping them and catching uncommon Pokemon.

Edit: One thing I'm noticing, can we please stop saying that we "abused the system" or "exploited loop holes"? You guys are making us sound like horrible people who did this on purpose xD We just did what everyone else always does and somebody decided that it wasn't right. We didn't exploit any loopholes or abuse anything, we were innocently going through the park and happened to find rare Pokemon. I don't like being made to sound like a cheater when I was following the park rules is all :/

Last edited by Sec; 06-05-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
Can I get compensated for the money I spent in the Park since I never really started and now it's closed?
You never posted on your RP thread.
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=105404
Technically, it isn't closed yet, and you can keep on with it ^^

Now, some words.

I see people still compare the park to the stories in characters required. It would be impossible to ask the same amount of characters for a story for a trainer or ranger, because one would basically be converting a park run into a battle-only story. Such comparisons are not valid. You are not in control of your park run as you are in control of your story. You are only in control of your imagination in replying to the ranger's challenges.

What I see is the park being a very frail system; it can become easily broken if the ranger involved isn't harsh enough on the trainer's posts. That's of course, our fault for not setting higher standards for grading a post. While frail, the system was in place for a year, no protest was heard until some blatant ABUSES of the system were made. I abused the system, yes, in a legal way. Thus I'm entitled to retroactively be applied a new law - and why I gladly deleted my remaining Porygon Z's.

I'm not asking for the staff to let us keep our Pokémon as they are. I wish an alternative solution to this issue, one that isn't as harsh for the members as deleting everything or as unfair to the ego filled story board. I must insist on the following: Let us tackle on the encountered Pokémon once again, using the newly proposed standards of the park (harsher rangers, a minimum post requirement), and limiting the number of special encounters to one per run. If anyone has another proposal, I'm all ears.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD

Last edited by Marth; 06-05-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

If whatever has been implemented for the Park stays, then you should really say what Pokemon are "too good" by new standards to be caught there. Since I'm making good posts in my RP (if Keion ever posts) for a Starmie, and I don't want to leave there with it then having to refund it or something.

Idea isn't that good either. Money spent on used items in the Park can't be refunded and other reasons. Also, just make it so that Rangers intensify the probability of getting the high-ranked Pokemon in the first place. Some get special Pokemon in about 3 posts and still get it with very little effort. It's not that the Park is being abused, it's the fact that some Rangers don't put enough effort or difficulty through the process of capturing something like Starmie, or Haunter, or something.

EDIT: shutup ST, you're not scaring me at all -_- you're little insult isn't intimidating either

WAR XI Team: .

Last edited by Fierce Deity; 06-05-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I believe everyone has come to the consensus that general post quality must be increased?

I like men.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:17 PM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

Look *******, you are getting refunded for everything, Park items + Entry fee, and any and all TMs you bought for whatever. So no, we aren't ripping you off, you want us to rip you off, keep it up and we'll just start deleting **** from your stats WITHOUT a refund.

Now, you may not like the decision but by hell you are going to abide by it.
And no, you aren't getting compensated for the amount of characters you used. Not a chance in hell.

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Old 06-05-2010, 09:23 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

The fact is that we found an unfair loophole in the way that the National Park works, we're trying to fix it and make it so that the URPG is FAIR for everyone. The fact that people were getting Porygon-Z and Spiritomb with minimal effort made it unfair for those who were writing 40k or 100k for these Pokemon in the story section. Auctions are fair for everyone because they're usually scheduled ahead of time and then posted in a thread for everyone to see, sure some people have more money but that's the luck factor - it's an auction it's not going to be based on effort it's an auction.

The NP should not be so overwhelmingly luck based that can be abused so that luck turns into a here-take-whatever-pokemon-you-want. I would have no problem (and I'm sure other mods/officials) if the Pokemon were luck generated but then you PUT IN A GREAT DEAL OF EFFORT for said rare Pokemon. The fact that people were getting 2 or 3 rare Pokemon WITH MINIMAL EFFORT is when it got out of control.

So kindly, would you all just return your Pokemon and I'm sure we can find a way for everyone to get money back for your "time and effort" spent working for them. This arguing is getting stupid.