Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old 06-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Flammenwerfer's Avatar
Flammenwerfer Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,954
Send a message via AIM to Flammenwerfer Send a message via MSN to Flammenwerfer Send a message via Skype™ to Flammenwerfer
Default Re: The Pe2k Battle Ladder [NEW RULES ARE ADDED] - !Still taking applicants! -

Alright, I challenge Ahlat on the Shoddy ladder.
__________________
  #137  
Old 06-06-2010, 06:35 PM
lu1z's Avatar
lu1z Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Looking through your window
Posts: 3,551
Default Re: The Pe2k Battle Ladder [NEW RULES ARE ADDED] - !Still taking applicants! -

Won my match against LordVoldemort

GG Lord
__________________
Wifi Record: Pending till further notice.

SoulSilver FC: 4855 9106 7336
SSBB FC: 0560 80166451
PBR FC: 3309 5845 4737
  #138  
Old 06-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Lord Voldemort Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Killing Harry Potter
Posts: 2,668
Send a message via AIM to Lord Voldemort
Default Re: The Pe2k Battle Ladder [NEW RULES ARE ADDED] - !Still taking applicants! -

Lulz beat me.
Also when did DSL battle me for my spot?
I did say I would accept challenges on PM only, since I don't check here most of the time, if thats the problem.
__________________
My Pearl FC: 1590 1362 9244
My HG FC: 0947 4441 3267

Last edited by Lord Voldemort; 06-06-2010 at 06:37 PM.
  #139  
Old 06-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Mystogan's Avatar
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,770
Default Re: The Pe2k Battle Ladder [NEW RULES ARE ADDED] - !Still taking applicants! -

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu1z View Post
Won my match against LordVoldemort

GG Lord
Alright I'll update that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Voldemort View Post
Lulz beat me.
Also when did DSL battle me for my spot?
Referring to page 5... the pe2k tourney was also counted towards your record
  #140  
Old 06-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Lord Voldemort Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Killing Harry Potter
Posts: 2,668
Send a message via AIM to Lord Voldemort
Default Re: The Pe2k Battle Ladder [NEW RULES ARE ADDED] - !Still taking applicants! -

Ah ok... thats cool, I totally forgot I battled DSL.
__________________
My Pearl FC: 1590 1362 9244
My HG FC: 0947 4441 3267
  #141  
Old 06-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Elite Trainer Drake's Avatar
Elite Trainer Drake Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 236
Default Re: The Pe2k Battle Ladder [NEW RULES ARE ADDED] - !Still taking applicants! -

I'd like to participate for shoddy

Name: Elite Trainer Drake
Shoddy Username: EliteTrainerDrake

Also, I have an idea to perhaps "spice" up the ladder.

Perhaps we should have incentives for certain accomplishments.

For example, in the case that you 5/6-0 your opponent, perhaps you should be awarded with the ability to get an extra place as far as the 3 person limit goes (or in the case of being first get a bypass for a certain amount of time)

It'd be something like a "power up" to make the ladder a little less generic. Though I haven't fully thought this through, I'm willing to work and help with the idea provided enough participants are interested.

Drake
__________________
  #142  
Old 06-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Mystogan's Avatar
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,770
Default Re: The Pe2k Battle Ladder [NEW RULES ARE ADDED] - !Still taking applicants! -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Trainer Drake View Post
I'd like to participate for shoddy

Name: Elite Trainer Drake
Shoddy Username: EliteTrainerDrake

Also, I have an idea to perhaps "spice" up the ladder.

Perhaps we should have incentives for certain accomplishments.

For example, in the case that you 5/6-0 your opponent, perhaps you should be awarded with the ability to get an extra place as far as the 3 person limit goes (or in the case of being first get a bypass for a certain amount of time)

It'd be something like a "power up" to make the ladder a little less generic. Though I haven't fully thought this through, I'm willing to work and help with the idea provided enough participants are interested.

Drake
I put you in...

Hate to be rude but the pe2k ladder doesn't need to " spice " things up.... it'll be very confusing and more work to put into. I'm not saying that I'm lazy or anything... you just have the understand that many people prefer the traditional way ( a lost is a lost )...

Just looking in clan wars... a win is a win... a lost is a lost... no need of spicing things up...

Also I've seen your behavior and we're not going to run a " vote " thing or what not...

- GreenEagle
  #143  
Old 06-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Elite Trainer Drake's Avatar
Elite Trainer Drake Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 236
Default Re: The Pe2k Battle Ladder [NEW RULES ARE ADDED] - !Still taking applicants! -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEagle View Post
I put you in...

Hate to be rude but the pe2k ladder doesn't need to " spice " things up.... it'll be very confusing and more work to put into. I'm not saying that I'm lazy or anything... you just have the understand that many people prefer the traditional way ( a lost is a lost )...

Just looking in clan wars... a win is a win... a lost is a lost... no need of spicing things up...

Also I've seen your behavior and we're not going to run a " vote " thing or what not...

- GreenEagle

It may not be rude, but it is rather impulsive for you to dismiss a possibally interesting idea. I don't think its fair to me or the other members of the ladder to dismiss something so swiftly. In all due respect, it would have been more appropriate to just say you weren't up for it or that you would at least see about it.

That's rather discouraging for future players who wish to enjoy they're playing experiences.

You say that people prefer the regular way? Have you asked them they're thoughts or did you just act upon impulse and do as you see fit? I know the answer but I prefer your response as its not exactly wise to jump to conclusions (or make impulsive decisions for that mater)

That being said, the clan index wasn't just revamped for the unfairness factor. Teo also saw it fit to add abit of strategy to make the game fun. And if my knowledge is correct, teo was a very respected person here in the battle forum. So before you go deciding what's best, perhaps you should take some consideration into what you do when it involves others.

I'm not trying to blow you out of the water but, being blunt and up front is the only way to get your point across here it seems.

Drake
__________________
  #144  
Old 06-06-2010, 10:21 PM
lu1z's Avatar
lu1z Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Looking through your window
Posts: 3,551
Default Re: The Pe2k Battle Ladder [NEW RULES ARE ADDED] - !Still taking applicants! -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Trainer Drake View Post
It may not be rude, but it is rather impulsive for you to dismiss a possibally interesting idea. I don't think its fair to me or the other members of the ladder to dismiss something so swiftly. In all due respect, it would have been more appropriate to just say you weren't up for it or that you would at least see about it.

That's rather discouraging for future players who wish to enjoy they're playing experiences.

You say that people prefer the regular way? Have you asked them they're thoughts or did you just act upon impulse and do as you see fit? I know the answer but I prefer your response as its not exactly wise to jump to conclusions (or make impulsive decisions for that mater)

That being said, the clan index wasn't just revamped for the unfairness factor. Teo also saw it fit to add abit of strategy to make the game fun. And if my knowledge is correct, teo was a very respected person here in the battle forum. So before you go deciding what's best, perhaps you should take some consideration into what you do when it involves others.

I'm not trying to blow you out of the water but, being blunt and up front is the only way to get your point across here it seems.

Drake

Well in my opinion i prefer the normal rule, adding more things or rules or incentives.

About your idea i dont think people that is trying to get on the first place would like to re-battle the same person because he has ''another opportunity'' or ''continue''.

If they decided to give GreenEagle the charge of the PE2kBattleLadder its because they knew he has experience and knows how to make a fair system. Many people like the regular way and if people joined its because they do. If not they would have said they didnt like the rules or wanted to change them. People joins because they agree to follow the rules.
__________________
Wifi Record: Pending till further notice.

SoulSilver FC: 4855 9106 7336
SSBB FC: 0560 80166451
PBR FC: 3309 5845 4737
  #145  
Old 06-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Mystogan's Avatar
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,770
Default Re: The Pe2k Battle Ladder [NEW RULES ARE ADDED] - !Still taking applicants! -

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu1z View Post
Well in my opinion i prefer the normal rule, adding more things or rules or incentives.

About your idea i dont think people that is trying to get on the first place would like to re-battle the same person because he has ''another opportunity'' or ''continue''.

If they decided to give GreenEagle the charge of the PE2kBattleLadder its because they knew he has experience and knows how to make a fair system. Many people like the regular way and if people joined its because they do. If not they would have said they didnt like the rules or wanted to change them. People joins because they agree to follow the rules.
Agree you came into this thread AGREEING to my rules when you sign up. A huge FYI... I do ask players how the ladder is doing.. WEEKLY actually.. you haven't been around enough to get a pm..

Also for the clan index... I'm happy with the clan index if you want to know..
  #146  
Old 06-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Elite Trainer Drake's Avatar
Elite Trainer Drake Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 236
Default Re: The Pe2k Battle Ladder [NEW RULES ARE ADDED] - !Still taking applicants! -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEagle View Post
Agree you came into this thread AGREEING to my rules when you sign up. A huge FYI... I do ask players how the ladder is doing.. WEEKLY actually.. you haven't been around enough to get a pm..

Also for the clan index... I'm happy with the clan index if you want to know..
Regardless to what you say, you still shouldn't dismiss others ideas because you personally don't see them fit. And having dealt with your attitude for the latter part of the day, I see trying to break through any improvements of a project involving you is futile. I'm not going to go into some "tell you about yourself" phase because that's not what this was originally about. But I don't feel your actions are at all fair nor justified.

For the most part. It was only a suggestion and the fact that one person agrees with you doesn't make things right. It was suppose to be a vote in the first place and if my end "losses" it would only show that that there doesn't currently need to be any change.

But I know now not to try to improve a system with stubborn people leading them.

Thanks for enrolling me,

Drake
__________________
  #147  
Old 06-06-2010, 10:40 PM
TheKid Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,065
Default Re: The Pe2k Battle Ladder [NEW RULES ARE ADDED] - !Still taking applicants! -

I prefer the traditional way.
  #148  
Old 06-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Mystogan's Avatar
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,770
Default Re: The Pe2k Battle Ladder [NEW RULES ARE ADDED] - !Still taking applicants! -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Trainer Drake View Post
Regardless to what you say, you still shouldn't dismiss others ideas because you personally don't see them fit. And having dealt with your attitude for the latter part of the day, I see trying to break through any improvements of a project involving you is futile. I'm not going to go into some "tell you about yourself" phase because that's not what this was originally about. But I don't feel your actions are at all fair nor justified.

For the most part. It was only a suggestion and the fact that one person agrees with you doesn't make things right. It was suppose to be a vote in the first place and if my end "losses" it would only show that that there doesn't currently need to be any change.

But I know now not to try to improve a system with stubborn people leading them.

Thanks for enrolling me,

Drake
Not every idea will be taken in high consideration that simple..... You, I and everyone else has different views... that simple yet again...

Also for the rude remarks towards me and the people who have previously run this ladder ( with a few minor tweaks on rules that go along with the current standards ).... You are removed from the ladder...( Read the rules )

Have a nice day....

- GreenEagle


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
I prefer the traditional way.
THank you

Last edited by Mystogan; 06-06-2010 at 10:46 PM.
  #149  
Old 06-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Elite Trainer Drake's Avatar
Elite Trainer Drake Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 236
Default Re: The Pe2k Battle Ladder [NEW RULES ARE ADDED] - !Still taking applicants! -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEagle View Post
Not every idea will be taken in high consideration that simple..... You, I and everyone else has different views... that simple yet again...

Also for the rude remarks towards me and the people who have previously run this ladder ( with a few minor tweaks on rules that go along with the current standards ).... You are removed from the ladder...( Read the rules )

Have a nice day....

- GreenEagle
If I may say so, you've taken my remarks out of context but again. I made no rude remarks to you in this thread, and if you would please point them out, ill be sure to break things down in a way that a person such as yourself may understand .
__________________
  #150  
Old 06-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Limitless's Avatar
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,205
Send a message via AIM to Limitless Send a message via Yahoo to Limitless Send a message via Skype™ to Limitless
Default Re: The Pe2k Battle Ladder [NEW RULES ARE ADDED] - !Still taking applicants! -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Trainer Drake View Post
I'd like to participate for shoddy

Name: Elite Trainer Drake
Shoddy Username: EliteTrainerDrake

Also, I have an idea to perhaps "spice" up the ladder.

Perhaps we should have incentives for certain accomplishments.

For example, in the case that you 5/6-0 your opponent, perhaps you should be awarded with the ability to get an extra place as far as the 3 person limit goes (or in the case of being first get a bypass for a certain amount of time)

It'd be something like a "power up" to make the ladder a little less generic. Though I haven't fully thought this through, I'm willing to work and help with the idea provided enough participants are interested.

Drake
In no way does a 5-0 or 6-0 constitute better battling skills than a 1-0 victory. A win is a win. I prefer the old system.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com