Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Flammenwerfer Offline

Send a message via AIM to Flammenwerfer Send a message via MSN to Flammenwerfer Send a message via Skype™ to Flammenwerfer
Default Re: The Pe2k Battle Ladder [NEW RULES ARE ADDED] - !Still taking applicants! -

Alright, I challenge Ahlat on the Shoddy ladder.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:35 PM
lu1z Offline

Default Re: The Pe2k Battle Ladder [NEW RULES ARE ADDED] - !Still taking applicants! -

Won my match against LordVoldemort

GG Lord

SoulSilver FC: 4855 9106 7336
SSBB FC: 0560 80166451
PBR FC: 3309 5845 4737
Old 06-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Lord Voldemort Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Lord Voldemort

Lulz beat me.
Also when did DSL battle me for my spot?
I did say I would accept challenges on PM only, since I don't check here most of the time, if thats the problem.

Last edited by Lord Voldemort; 06-06-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu1z View Post
Won my match against LordVoldemort

GG Lord
Alright I'll update that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Voldemort View Post
Lulz beat me.
Also when did DSL battle me for my spot?
Referring to page 5... the pe2k tourney was also counted towards your record
Old 06-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Lord Voldemort Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Lord Voldemort

Ah ok... thats cool, I totally forgot I battled DSL.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Elite Trainer Drake Offline
Experienced Trainer

I'd like to participate for shoddy

Name: Elite Trainer Drake
Shoddy Username: EliteTrainerDrake

Also, I have an idea to perhaps "spice" up the ladder.

Perhaps we should have incentives for certain accomplishments.

For example, in the case that you 5/6-0 your opponent, perhaps you should be awarded with the ability to get an extra place as far as the 3 person limit goes (or in the case of being first get a bypass for a certain amount of time)

It'd be something like a "power up" to make the ladder a little less generic. Though I haven't fully thought this through, I'm willing to work and help with the idea provided enough participants are interested.

Drake
Old 06-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Trainer Drake View Post

For example, in the case that you 5/6-0 your opponent, perhaps you should be awarded with the ability to get an extra place as far as the 3 person limit goes (or in the case of being first get a bypass for a certain amount of time)

It'd be something like a "power up" to make the ladder a little less generic. Though I haven't fully thought this through, I'm willing to work and help with the idea provided enough participants are interested.

Drake
I put you in...

Hate to be rude but the pe2k ladder doesn't need to " spice " things up.... it'll be very confusing and more work to put into. I'm not saying that I'm lazy or anything... you just have the understand that many people prefer the traditional way ( a lost is a lost )...

Just looking in clan wars... a win is a win... a lost is a lost... no need of spicing things up...

Also I've seen your behavior and we're not going to run a " vote " thing or what not...

- GreenEagle
Old 06-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEagle View Post
I put you in...

Hate to be rude but the pe2k ladder doesn't need to " spice " things up.... it'll be very confusing and more work to put into. I'm not saying that I'm lazy or anything... you just have the understand that many people prefer the traditional way ( a lost is a lost )...

Just looking in clan wars... a win is a win... a lost is a lost... no need of spicing things up...

Also I've seen your behavior and we're not going to run a " vote " thing or what not...

- GreenEagle

It may not be rude, but it is rather impulsive for you to dismiss a possibally interesting idea. I don't think its fair to me or the other members of the ladder to dismiss something so swiftly. In all due respect, it would have been more appropriate to just say you weren't up for it or that you would at least see about it.

That's rather discouraging for future players who wish to enjoy they're playing experiences.

You say that people prefer the regular way? Have you asked them they're thoughts or did you just act upon impulse and do as you see fit? I know the answer but I prefer your response as its not exactly wise to jump to conclusions (or make impulsive decisions for that mater)

That being said, the clan index wasn't just revamped for the unfairness factor. Teo also saw it fit to add abit of strategy to make the game fun. And if my knowledge is correct, teo was a very respected person here in the battle forum. So before you go deciding what's best, perhaps you should take some consideration into what you do when it involves others.

I'm not trying to blow you out of the water but, being blunt and up front is the only way to get your point across here it seems.

Drake
Old 06-06-2010, 10:21 PM
lu1z Offline

Quote:
It may not be rude, but it is rather impulsive for you to dismiss a possibally interesting idea. I don't think its fair to me or the other members of the ladder to dismiss something so swiftly. In all due respect, it would have been more appropriate to just say you weren't up for it or that you would at least see about it.

That's rather discouraging for future players who wish to enjoy they're playing experiences.

You say that people prefer the regular way? Have you asked them they're thoughts or did you just act upon impulse and do as you see fit? I know the answer but I prefer your response as its not exactly wise to jump to conclusions (or make impulsive decisions for that mater)

That being said, the clan index wasn't just revamped for the unfairness factor. Teo also saw it fit to add abit of strategy to make the game fun. And if my knowledge is correct, teo was a very respected person here in the battle forum. So before you go deciding what's best, perhaps you should take some consideration into what you do when it involves others.

I'm not trying to blow you out of the water but, being blunt and up front is the only way to get your point across here it seems.

Drake

Well in my opinion i prefer the normal rule, adding more things or rules or incentives.

About your idea i dont think people that is trying to get on the first place would like to re-battle the same person because he has ''another opportunity'' or ''continue''.

If they decided to give GreenEagle the charge of the PE2kBattleLadder its because they knew he has experience and knows how to make a fair system. Many people like the regular way and if people joined its because they do. If not they would have said they didnt like the rules or wanted to change them. People joins because they agree to follow the rules.

SoulSilver FC: 4855 9106 7336
SSBB FC: 0560 80166451
PBR FC: 3309 5845 4737
Old 06-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu1z View Post
Well in my opinion i prefer the normal rule, adding more things or rules or incentives.

About your idea i dont think people that is trying to get on the first place would like to re-battle the same person because he has ''another opportunity'' or ''continue''.

If they decided to give GreenEagle the charge of the PE2kBattleLadder its because they knew he has experience and knows how to make a fair system. Many people like the regular way and if people joined its because they do. If not they would have said they didnt like the rules or wanted to change them. People joins because they agree to follow the rules.
Agree you came into this thread AGREEING to my rules when you sign up. A huge FYI... I do ask players how the ladder is doing.. WEEKLY actually.. you haven't been around enough to get a pm..

Also for the clan index... I'm happy with the clan index if you want to know..
Old 06-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Agree you came into this thread AGREEING to my rules when you sign up. A huge FYI... I do ask players how the ladder is doing.. WEEKLY actually.. you haven't been around enough to get a pm..

Also for the clan index... I'm happy with the clan index if you want to know..
Regardless to what you say, you still shouldn't dismiss others ideas because you personally don't see them fit. And having dealt with your attitude for the latter part of the day, I see trying to break through any improvements of a project involving you is futile. I'm not going to go into some "tell you about yourself" phase because that's not what this was originally about. But I don't feel your actions are at all fair nor justified.

For the most part. It was only a suggestion and the fact that one person agrees with you doesn't make things right. It was suppose to be a vote in the first place and if my end "losses" it would only show that that there doesn't currently need to be any change.

But I know now not to try to improve a system with stubborn people leading them.

Thanks for enrolling me,

Drake
Old 06-06-2010, 10:40 PM
TheKid Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I prefer the traditional way.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Regardless to what you say, you still shouldn't dismiss others ideas because you personally don't see them fit. And having dealt with your attitude for the latter part of the day, I see trying to break through any improvements of a project involving you is futile. I'm not going to go into some "tell you about yourself" phase because that's not what this was originally about. But I don't feel your actions are at all fair nor justified.

For the most part. It was only a suggestion and the fact that one person agrees with you doesn't make things right. It was suppose to be a vote in the first place and if my end "losses" it would only show that that there doesn't currently need to be any change.

But I know now not to try to improve a system with stubborn people leading them.

Thanks for enrolling me,

Drake
Not every idea will be taken in high consideration that simple..... You, I and everyone else has different views... that simple yet again...

Also for the rude remarks towards me and the people who have previously run this ladder ( with a few minor tweaks on rules that go along with the current standards ).... You are removed from the ladder...( Read the rules )

Have a nice day....

- GreenEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
I prefer the traditional way.
THank you

Last edited by Mystogan; 06-06-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Not every idea will be taken in high consideration that simple..... You, I and everyone else has different views... that simple yet again...

Also for the rude remarks towards me and the people who have previously run this ladder ( with a few minor tweaks on rules that go along with the current standards ).... You are removed from the ladder...( Read the rules )

Have a nice day....

- GreenEagle
If I may say so, you've taken my remarks out of context but again. I made no rude remarks to you in this thread, and if you would please point them out, ill be sure to break things down in a way that a person such as yourself may understand .
Old 06-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Limitless Send a message via Yahoo to Limitless Send a message via Skype™ to Limitless

Quote:

Drake
In no way does a 5-0 or 6-0 constitute better battling skills than a 1-0 victory. A win is a win. I prefer the old system.
Closed Thread