Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 05-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default [DS] Guild of Salvation Discussion

Questions, concerns, or issues with the RP? Talk it out here.

Also, here are the clans and the map if case you need to reference them again.

THE SIX CLANS OF KYRAL

• Lightbringer – The clerical healers of the Kyral colony, the Lightbringer Clan members are able to heal wounds, repair broken bones, and remove deadly poisons. Meanwhile, as they are blessed with the light, they are able to illuminate dark passage ways and use their power of light to blind enemies.
  • Skychaser – The Skychasers are members of the Kyral colony that were actually born with a pair of feather wings, able to fly and use the power of wind. Consider them both flying and electric type.
  • Blazefury – Members of the Blazefury Clan are able to outrun even a Rapidash, moving with swift agility and dexterity. Meanwhile, they have some control over fire (able to do small fire attacks like Ember and Fire Spin, but nothing like Flamethrower or Fire Blast) and have full resistance to flames. They can essentially take a bath in lava and laugh off Fire Blasts like its nobody’s business. List of possible fire moves.
  • Stormcaller – The Stormcaller members of the Kyral colony are the weather regulators, able to call in heat waves, blizzards, thunderstorms, typhoons, tornadoes, hurricanes, and so on to affect a thirty mile area. Members of the Kyral colony will only be minimally affected by the weather changes (they might get wet from a hurricane, but they won’t get blown away). Normal weather conditions don’t have any penalty, but extreme weather conditions can only be summoned once every fifteen posts (see here for more details.
  • Spiritseeker – Members of the Spiritseeker Clan have the same credentials as psychic Pokémon, able to use psychic attacks, use long-range telepathy, use telekinesis, read minds, use clairvoyance, and can send visions in the forms of dreams (allowing someone to see what they’ve seen). They also share the same strengths and weaknesses as psychic Pokémon.
  • Shadowmancer – Members of the Shadowmancer Clan are able to communicate with the dead, as well as “borrow” their memories. A Shadowmancer can find the corpse of a dead Pokémon and use their innate power in combination with direct contact with the corpse, they can learn and see things that the dead body once knew and saw in life. Meanwhile, Shadowmancers have the ability to bring life back to the dead, though anyone brought back from the dead this way will be in critical condition and will die again if they are not healed quickly (a Shadowmancer and a Lightbringer can raise someone back from the dead back to full health).

THE WORLD OF RAKANTA

Lamac – Once a thriving desert nation consisting of the Daysarian Desert and the Kabal Wastelands is now a nightmare of post-apocalyptic ruins where mutants and other macabre beasts roam the landscape, struggling to survive in the harsh landscape.

Nazmarc – The nation of Nazmarc is a large and mountainous region with many pine and temperate forests. Up in the north, the cold tundra areas of Koratal and Frostedge lie while in the center of the region, the landscape rises to give way to the Bethian Mountains and the massive Cartel Canyon.

Janzek – The highly populated region of Janzek consists of many rolling plains in the north while swamps and bayous are around the south. Two of the major once-human cities of Janzek lie here. Benton, once a huge metropolis that consisted of many factories and industrial centers, is one of the main last havens for Tainted Pokémon. In the east, the urban center of Dietrich used to be a large finance and corporate center before the White Neutralizer bombs turned its civilians into Pokémon.

Last edited by Neo Emolga; 05-16-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Reidoru Offline

Default Re: [DS] Guild of Salvation Discussion

Do the children inherent their clan from their ancestors or do they all obtain their power separately?

Self-Proclaimed #1 Cradily fan.

-Yureidoru-
Old 05-15-2010, 02:12 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidoru View Post
Do the children inherent their clan from their ancestors or do they all obtain their power separately?
Ancestors, as in whatever clan the mother was from. You could have two members of different clans mate, but the child will be from whatever clan the mother was a part of.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:20 AM
Reidoru Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Ancestors, as in whatever clan the mother was from. You could have two members of different clans mate, but the child will be from whatever clan the mother was a part of.
What about something like Lufair's case? His mother would have had to be from the Spiritseeker clan, Assuming all 'chus are in a clan and there are no "Normal" 'chus right?

-Yureidoru-
Old 05-15-2010, 03:11 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

I honestly find a slight problem with the Skychaser and Blazefury clans being nerfed as heavily as they are, compared to every other clan.

Example

Lightbringer = healing unmatched

Skychaser = less endurance, added weaknesses

Blazefury = only able to use the weaker of the fire attacks, no Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Stormcaller = TORNADO OF DOOOOOOOOOM

Spiritseeker = I can haz stop bullets nao? (not really, but I can see someone trying this anyway)

Shadowmancer = it's freakin' Necromancy, dude, that sums it up.

=========================================

Now, nerfing every other clan to be weaker alongside Skychaser and Blazefury is not the solution I think will work. I just think that Skychaser and Blazefury need a bit of a boost to be on par with the others...

And maybe the Stormcallers can be nerfed a bit. Nothing like an instant tornado that doesn't affect Kyral clan chus, eh?

These are just my thoughts
Old 05-15-2010, 04:14 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidoru View Post
What about something like Lufair's case? His mother would have had to be from the Spiritseeker clan, Assuming all 'chus are in a clan and there are no "Normal" 'chus right?
That is correct. What you have is fine, honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen View Post
I honestly find a slight problem with the Skychaser and Blazefury clans being nerfed as heavily as they are, compared to every other clan.

Example

Lightbringer = healing unmatched

Skychaser = less endurance, added weaknesses

Blazefury = only able to use the weaker of the fire attacks, no Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Stormcaller = TORNADO OF DOOOOOOOOOM

Spiritseeker = I can haz stop bullets nao? (not really, but I can see someone trying this anyway)

Shadowmancer = it's freakin' Necromancy, dude, that sums it up.

=========================================

Now, nerfing every other clan to be weaker alongside Skychaser and Blazefury is not the solution I think will work. I just think that Skychaser and Blazefury need a bit of a boost to be on par with the others...

And maybe the Stormcallers can be nerfed a bit. Nothing like an instant tornado that doesn't affect Kyral clan chus, eh?

These are just my thoughts
Blazefury Clan members have the bonus speed, which could build toward them being more evasive and not being hit as easily. To me, I think they're okay.

As for the weakness that Skychasers have, I guess that could be dropped. Still, I think being able to fly is quite a big advantage.

And I had a funny feeling the Stormcallers were a little too beefed up. What we could do is allow them access to all the weather affecting movies, like Sunny Day, Rain Dance, etc, and as for the extreme weather conditions, make it so they can only call those in once with a ten post cooldown before they can do it again.

How does that sound?

Old 05-15-2010, 06:27 AM
Reidoru Offline

The Skychasers could be bumped up to a Zaptos situation (Electr/Fly). I don't know just a suggestion. :P

-Yureidoru-
Old 05-16-2010, 06:23 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

I have a question about Blazefury. When you say low level attacks, do you mean only Ember and Fire Spin, or would that include like Fire Fang and Flame Wheel?
Just thought I'd ask for future reference. ^^
Old 05-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
I have a question about Blazefury. When you say low level attacks, do you mean only Ember and Fire Spin, or would that include like Fire Fang and Flame Wheel?
Just thought I'd ask for future reference. ^^
Any attack that has a power under 80 is okay. So the following moves would be fine:

- Ember
- Fire Fang
- Fire Punch
- Fire Spin
- Flame Wheel
- Lava Plume
- Sunny Day
- Will o' Wisp

And you also gain full resistance to fire. Its great for all those people that would like to RP a speedy, pyromaniac Pikachu. XD

Old 05-17-2010, 08:37 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
And you also gain full resistance to fire. Its great for all those people that would like to RP a speedy, pyromaniac Pikachu. XD
Um, I don't think you have to worry about my character being a pyro. XD

And cool, that's good to know. ^^
Old 05-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Shuricel Offline
Master Trainer

Finals week is beginning, and it turned out I had a ton more crap to study for than I expected. x3; If I'm not as active over the next few days, that's why. I'll try to post, but if I do they'll probably be short and rushed, so yeah.

This signature was made by the magnificent NEO PIKACHU.
Now go praise him, you.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:57 AM
Master Zorua Offline

Been there. done that. Good luck!
Old 05-26-2010, 02:11 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuricel View Post
Finals week is beginning, and it turned out I had a ton more crap to study for than I expected. x3; If I'm not as active over the next few days, that's why. I'll try to post, but if I do they'll probably be short and rushed, so yeah.
Well, hopefully you'll be able to catch up. We'll just assume your characters are following, but just aren't at the center of the action.

Good luck with your finals.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:19 AM
Reidoru Offline

I'm late! I'm late! No time to say "Hello" Goodbye! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!

Sorry about that, I kinda got distracted... And got surgery... Whatever works I guess :P

Oh And to make up for it I made a sprite of him.

Yes he is Professor Layton now. Good for him. That is all.

-Yureidoru-

Last edited by Reidoru; 05-26-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Okay, guys, I'm getting a bit confused. XD

Who exactly wants to follow Klyde and who wants to stick with Alex and remain in Deltatown? It feels like quite a few people are flip-flopping between going with Klyde to the Daysarian Desert and urging him to stay in Deltatown to help with the Cleansing Fire situation.

Unfortunately, the only way to do both at the same time is to split the group up, so I would just like to know.