Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 01:05 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: [T]he [D]eadly [L]egacy .:Newly merged, Now full!:. [15/15]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garchompo View Post
I love Latias but see Mence of more of a threat. Any dragon with Dragon Dance can usually hurt a team more than Latias, but then again its a personal preference.
hmm draw claw meh i do love using it on mence really I do, beeing locked into outrage anoys me but outrage really is what put mence on the spotlight for acusations of beeing uber. stab outrage from an addement salamenc eholding life orb with a DD bost will dent things indefinately.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:13 AM
Ryan Nissan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I am alive, you damn fools.

We need a war soon
[20:18] ryannissan: I get what you're saying. And sure, just as long as it's not two hours, SON
[20:23] Broderick1995: two hours my ass
[20:24] ryannissan: LMAO
Old 05-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Nissan View Post
I am alive, you damn fools.

We need a war soon
in that case i really should get my new team finnished, but old one just years to be imporved, made easier the abcence of latias.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:19 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeru takaishi View Post
in that case i really should get my new team finnished, but old one just years to be imporved, made easier the abcence of latias.
Really sorry for not being active today. I had to run some errands and it took longer then I thought. :( Then my mom fell, but she's ok. So yeah......

@Pun: Sorry about not battling you today. I'm going to be gone most of day tomorrow, but I should be back around 7 pm eastern time.

I'm sad latias got moved up, just because I was using it as a toxic staller in one of my teams. But ttar will go down in usage, but the only thing that I can think of that benefits from is mence. Latias was the only thing that I can think of that resists all the attacks on mix set(except for the obvious of course, but it's pretty easy to out predict salamence)

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 05-25-2010, 02:19 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Really sorry for not being active today. I had to run some errands and it took longer then I thought. :( Then my mom fell, but she's ok. So yeah......

@Pun: Sorry about not battling you today. I'm going to be gone most of day tomorrow, but I should be back around 7 pm eastern time.

I'm sad latias got moved up, just because I was using it as a toxic staller in one of my teams. But ttar will go down in usage, but the only thing that I can think of that benefits from is mence. Latias was the only thing that I can think of that resists all the attacks on mix set(except for the obvious of course, but it's pretty easy to out predict salamence)

Edit: I knew I was forgetting someone, Flygon. See it rise in usage.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Last edited by scubasteveE; 05-25-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:40 AM
Ryan Nissan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubatheDiverman View Post

Edit: I knew I was forgetting someone, Flygon. See it rise in usage.
Flygon is amazing. It's a great late-game Scarfer
[20:18] ryannissan: I get what you're saying. And sure, just as long as it's not two hours, SON
[20:23] Broderick1995: two hours my ass
[20:24] ryannissan: LMAO
Old 05-25-2010, 04:11 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Nissan View Post
Flygon is amazing. It's a great late-game Scarfer
Yes it is, it has saved me so many times....

Old 05-25-2010, 04:19 AM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puh-tree-cee-oh View Post
Well I love Salamence personally
So... do you competitive battle? Like, pokesav with EV's and IV's, and shoddy, etc...? You still haven't actually told anybody as far as I know.

Anyway, basically saying adios for the night, I'm off. I could type a block of text about Latias, but I'll go do that in the proper thread.
EDIT: Done.
Alright, I'm discussing Latias and Mence here, so yeah, have a fit; I don't care.

Basically, moving Latias up is a huge mistake. OU is at a key point right now, sort of an "even keel", if I may. While it's never completely stable, it was going pretty well I thought, even though I have been absent from play for maybe a month.
In short, Latias has been the glue that's holding OU where it was. It kept Salamence in check, by not only countering it, but also raising the usage of Tyranitar; particularly choice scarfers as of late. T-tar also scares away Gyarados to an extent due to the fear of it holding a Choice Scarf, and Latias kept it at bay with Thunderbolt as well. Latias being in OU also kept Scizor in use, while being a check to Heatran resisting its STAB move and Earth Power. Latias also counters a more overlooked threat nowadays (at least I think so), Infernape. With Latias moving down, Ape will see a huge increase.
I mean, I really could go on and on and on about how things will rise and fall in usage, affecting the metagame for the worse until Black and White roll around, but yeah. This sucks major ass, considering Latias will be the first in possibly a few pokemon to be sent up to uber.
P.S., not to mention Latias was awesome on Sandstorm teams.
EDIT: Now, what I posted will basically sum up over centralization, but that's exactly what Latias brought to the table. The centralization is what kept everything else in check; at least in my eyes and experience. It wasn't at all difficult to counter though, unlike our old friend Garchomp.

Last edited by Broderick; 05-25-2010 at 04:39 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Puh-tree-cee-oh Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick View Post
So... do you competitive battle? Like, pokesav with EV's and IV's, and shoddy, etc...? You still haven't actually told anybody as far as I know.

Anyway, basically saying adios for the night, I'm off. I could type a block of text about Latias, but I'll go do that in the proper thread.
EDIT: Done.
Alright, I'm discussing Latias and Mence here, so yeah, have a fit; I don't care.

Basically, moving Latias up is a huge mistake. OU is at a key point right now, sort of an "even keel", if I may. While it's never completely stable, it was going pretty well I thought, even though I have been absent from play for maybe a month.
In short, Latias has been the glue that's holding OU where it was. It kept Salamence in check, by not only countering it, but also raising the usage of Tyranitar; particularly choice scarfers as of late. T-tar also scares away Gyarados to an extent due to the fear of it holding a Choice Scarf, and Latias kept it at bay with Thunderbolt as well. Latias being in OU also kept Scizor in use, while being a check to Heatran resisting its STAB move and Earth Power. Latias also counters a more overlooked threat nowadays (at least I think so), Infernape. With Latias moving down, Ape will see a huge increase.
I mean, I really could go on and on and on about how things will rise and fall in usage, affecting the metagame for the worse until Black and White roll around, but yeah. This sucks major ass, considering Latias will be the first in possibly a few pokemon to be sent up to uber.
P.S., not to mention Latias was awesome on Sandstorm teams.
EDIT: Now, what I posted will basically sum up over centralization, but that's exactly what Latias brought to the table. The centralization is what kept everything else in check; at least in my eyes and experience. It wasn't at all difficult to counter though, unlike our old friend Garchomp.
I EV train. I've never tried Shoddy :P My competitive battling skills: we'll just have to battle to find out:)

IGN: Patrick FC: 1849 4621 3425
Old 05-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:

latias resists, eq and Fire blast of that set, but as predictible as mixmence is, i wouldn't switch in latias, i don't want my poor eon dragon to risk death. I like useing a scarf latias as a relible check for threats, just a pitty about it beeing pursuit bait.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami

Wow we're merged, cool.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Broderick Offline

Well, I think I'm gonna start on a Latias-free team. Gonna bring back the Gyarados Sandstorm team, oh yeah.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Puh-tree-cee-oh Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick View Post
Well, I think I'm gonna start on a Latias-free team. Gonna bring back the Gyarados Sandstorm team, oh yeah.
Nice, when you're done we should battle =)

IGN: Patrick FC: 1849 4621 3425
Old 05-26-2010, 04:28 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Again sorry about not being today, I was earlier for a bit, but I didn't get a chance to post. I went to see Shrek 4 and it was really good :D Not as good as the first two, but better then the third. I also so the trailer for Avatar and it looks really good, I can't wait to see it.

I should be home all day tomorrow, so I'll be up for battles and stuff.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:31 AM
Broderick Offline

Quote:
Again sorry about not being today, I was earlier for a bit, but I didn't get a chance to post. I went to see Shrek 4 and it was really good :D Not as good as the first two, but better then the third. I also so the trailer for Avatar and it looks really good, I can't wait to see it.

I should be home all day tomorrow, so I'll be up for battles and stuff.
Oh yeah, M. Night Shamalan directed it it iirc. Looks begging for amazing special effects, considering people shoot f*cking fireballs from their fists, and throw a mini-tsunami on you whenever they feel like it.
Haven't started on the team... went to do stuff. Haha.