Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 05-28-2010, 02:15 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default [DS] Road Last Traveled Discussion (Concluded)

Without a doubt, you’ll need this thread to work out and discuss the clues and evidence that turn up in the RP. Talk it out, the way one RPer perceives a piece of evidence may be different from someone else's thoughts and perception, so work out what they might mean and how to approach them together.

You’re free to ask me questions, but they can only be technical related.

And for reference:

At the moment, Route 113 and 114 have been closed off. The townspeople strongly recommend you don’t venture too far off from the town, as they have yet to hear back from anyone that has tried to do that.

Currently active locations are in black, while abandoned or vacant buildings are in gray italics.

1 – Border Control – Mainly used by police officers to monitor who is coming into town and who is leaving. Also serves as a visitor’s center.

2 – Clover Leaf Gas Station – A typical gas station chain still in operation by the manager Matt Dietrich. Includes a small convenience mart.

3 – Coppers Residence – Where David Coppers lives alone in a poorly-maintained, one-story building.

4 – Danforth Residence – A two story home that’s up for sale by the Danforth family. No one lives there at the moment.

5 – Jackson Farm – An active farm where Kevin Jackson and his family reside. They maintain a wheat field and a corn field. Property includes the homestead, two silos, and a work shed.

6 – Carver Ranch – Another active farm where Dennis Carver and his wife Mary maintain an oat field. Property includes the homestead, two silos, and an abandoned greenhouse.

7 – Fallarbor Town Medical Clinic – A small medical clinic for humans. Currently in operation, though unstaffed and underfunded.

8 – Robertson Apartment Building – A three-story apartment building with sixteen apartments. Rent is cheap, but the quality is poor. Currently, thirteen of the sixteen apartments are inhabited.

9 – Pokémon Contest Hall – Currently closed due to situation. Many angry and fearful coordinators and their Pokémon are often outside the doors, impatiently waiting for it to open up again.

10 – Fallarbor Town Pokémon Center – Run and maintained by Nurse Joy, this building seems to be one of the last real safe havens in Fallarbor Town. Still in operation and very well maintained.

11 – Ashcroft Residence – A two-story, poorly maintained home that belongs to widower Gregory Ashcroft.

12 – Wallis Residence – A two-story, moderately maintained home owned by Nathan Wallis and his wife Janine. They hate their neighbor Gregory Ashcroft with a passion.

13 – Fallarbor Town PokéMart – Used to be active until it fell on hard times. Currently no longer in operation, with a big “For rent” sign on the front windows.

14 – Fallarbor Lunch – A quaint, two-story restaurant owned by Joseph Miller that serves both breakfast and lunch. Rumors tend to flock around in meal conversations.

15 – Fruited Plain Supermarket – A supermarket chain outlet that pretty much sells all the groceries that Fallarbor Town depends on.

16 – Redjack Hardware Store – A local hardware store specializing in modern home improvement merchandise. The owner, Bill Hampers, lives on the second floor.

17 – The Black Rapidash – A local bar owned by Mac Livingston. The bar and recreation room take up the first and second floor, while Mac Livingston lives in the third floor apartment, along with Jake Foreman, who pays rent to Livingston for his own separate apartment on the same level.

18 – Fallarbor Firearms – A local firearms dealer owned by Jason Taylor, mostly specializing in hunting rifles and shotguns. Not surprisingly, business has been quite good for him lately.

19 – Fallarbor Town Police Station – Fallarbor’s local law enforcement. Currently staffed by Sheriff Michael Sanders, Officer Jenny, Officer Hides, and seven other police officers. Lately, they’ve had their hands extremely full…

20 – Fallarbor Town Post Office – Still in operation, though deliveries have been on hold ever since one of their delivery trucks never made it to its destination…

21 - Fallarbor Town School – A three story brick structure still in operation, though very poorly maintained and underfunded. Most of the classrooms are not in use.

22 – Culver Residence – A two-story well-maintained structure where John Culver, his wife Amanda, and their son Thomas Culver reside.

23 – Callahan Residence – A one-story well-maintained structure where Fred Callahan resides.

24 – Salvatore Apartment Building – A three story apartment building with twenty apartments. Fourteen of them are currently occupied. The owner, Wayne Salvatore, lives in Rustboro City.

25 – Fallarbor Town Bed & Breakfast – A large, two-story motel and restaurant that gets most of its business from the contest hall. Has forty rooms and is generally well-maintained.

26 – Modrak Residence – Abandoned by the Modrak family long ago. No one knows what ever happened to them, but most of the family’s belongings and heirlooms are still there…

27 – McKnight Ranch – A small ranch owned by Jean McKnight and her husband James. After a horrendous blight, the McKnight family stopped working the field, but they still maintain the home very well.

28 – Wendy’s Flower Garden – A small florist shop owned by Wendy Lawrence. First floor is the store itself while the second floor is the apartment where Wendy lives.

29 – Fallarbor Church – A local church that holds mass every Sunday morning by either Pastor Richards or Father Joshua Hines. The building itself is old and worn down.

30 – McNeal Funeral Home – A small funeral home that is well maintained by Daniel McNeal and his wife Maria. Sadly and ironically, business has been good.

31 – Mason Plantation – An old plantation that passed down through the Mason family line until only relatively recently, when the family moved out nine years ago.

32 – Doyle Farmhouse – This old three-story farmhouse is in a fifteen-year-long disrepair, and a whole plethora of enigmatic and inconsistent rumors surround what happened to the missing Doyle family.

33 – Graystone House – Another old, two-story house that no one knows the owner. However, the twisted mailbox in the front yard has the name “Graystone” on in it barely legible letters.

34 – William Fairchild Schoolhouse – Barely still standing, this old school house is two stories tall and is slowly falling apart. A lot of furniture, papers, teaching materials, and the like were left behind, though all of it is in disarray.

35 – Smoky Peak Tavern – Nearly on the verge of complete ruin, this abandoned inn is half-collapsed upon itself, while the other half contains broken remnants of wooden furniture, pewter mugs, and old, broken glass.

36 – McMillian House – A small, derelict one-story house that has been abandoned for years. Like the Graystone house, the only indicator of who it belonged to is through a rusted nameplate above the front door.[/font]

Names in black are people who are known and accounted for. Names in red are people who have gone missing, while names that have a strike through them are confirmed dead (civilians that have already been killed in the storyline are not included). The number besides each name corresponds with what building on the map that person can usually (NOT always) be found. Numbers next to red names detail where they last seen before having gone missing.

This particular list in the discussion thread will NOT be updated as the RP goes on. This is simply to show the beginning roster of NPCs. You’re free to copy and paste the updated list from the RP into here yourself to discuss it among your fellow RPers, just don’t expect me to do it.

Officer John Frederickson (1)
Officer Dave Conrad (1)
Matt Dietrich (2)
Hank Underhill (2)
Peter Fields (2)
David Coopers (3)
Kevin Jackson (5)
Samantha Jackson (5)
Paul Jackson (5)
Dennis Carver (6)
Mary Carver (6)
Dr. Kyle Vickers (7)
Dr. Robert Hammond (7)
Dr. Morgan Smith (7)
Eric Baker (8)
Harry Freeman (8)
Susan Devore (8)
Timothy Jones (8)
Nurse Joy (10)
Gregory Ashcroft (11)
Nathan Wallis (12)
Janine Wallis (12)
Joseph Miller (14)
Sam Fender (15)
Barry Gallo (15)
Bill Hampers (16)
Mac Livingston (17)
Jake Foreman (17)
Jason Taylor (18)
Sheriff Michael Sanders (19)
Officer Jenny (19)
Officer Hides (19)
Patrick Darrens (20)
Principal Jonathan Yardly (21)
Mrs. Karen White (21)
Mr. Donald Cook (21)
John Culver (22)
Samantha Culver (22)
Thomas Culver (22)
Fred Callahan (23)
Oswald Lanterman (24)
Jacob Henderson (24)
Sonya Harding (24)
Paul Walker (24)
Ben Quincy (24)
Albert Valdez (25)
Brad Coleman (25)
Stacy Henderson (25)
Jean McKnight (27)
James McKnight (27)
Wendy Lawrence (28)
Pastor Richards (29)
Father Joshua Hines (29)
Sister Abigail Rosemary (29)
Daniel McNeal (30)
Maria McNeal (30)

Last edited by Neo Emolga; 07-16-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Tiana_M Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Tiana_M Send a message via MSN to Tiana_M
Default Re: [DS] Road Last Traveled Discussion

Even I'm still a little confused about the action markers, are we supposed to Role Play up until the point of investigation, presentation, or assassination and then let you decide if we're successful? Or do we RP it all out and just have the markers at the end of the post to make you aware of what's going on?

Thank you Neo!
Old 05-31-2010, 04:11 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiana_M View Post
Even I'm still a little confused about the action markers, are we supposed to Role Play up until the point of investigation, presentation, or assassination and then let you decide if we're successful? Or do we RP it all out and just have the markers at the end of the post to make you aware of what's going on?
They're really mostly there to highlight the action that you've taken in your RPing. If it seems confusing, you're probably over-thinking it. Its really something quite simple.

By highlighting [Investigation], I can make the determination of what your character finds, if anything. By highlighting [Assassination], I know to cross that NPC's name off the list. And by highlighting [Present], I know that I need to make an NPC's reaction to that. That's really all it is, its mostly just a heads up to me to be on the lookout for what you did in your post. Also, its to make sure I don't mistake one action for another. You may want to interact with an NPC but not necessarily present something to them. Or you may want to go to another building, but not to investigate it. By putting those action markers, they indicate when you want to take those actions so I can make the proper response to it.

That's really all they're there for.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:50 AM
Tiana_M Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Yeah, I was definitely over-thinking it, I looked back at your examples and saw that you had really already answered my question. I just hadn't paid attention. Thanks for explaining it again anyway.

I'm looking forward to RPing this out. It is kinda like an RP version of Mafia, and that's such a fun game.

Thank you Neo!
Old 05-31-2010, 04:54 AM
mightydes Offline

Send a message via MSN to mightydes Send a message via Skype™ to mightydes

I can't wait either. But I kind of suck at RPing, so I'll be like, the first one dead. XD

Old 05-31-2010, 02:02 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiana_M View Post
Yeah, I was definitely over-thinking it, I looked back at your examples and saw that you had really already answered my question. I just hadn't paid attention. Thanks for explaining it again anyway.

I'm looking forward to RPing this out. It is kinda like an RP version of Mafia, and that's such a fun game.
Its no problem. And yeah, its a little like that Mafia game, only this time the RPers work together instead of accuse each other. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydes View Post
I can't wait either. But I kind of suck at RPing, so I'll be like, the first one dead. XD
Nah, I wouldn't do that. RPer characters will only be targeted if the person RPing them goes inactive, if they go on Route 113 or 114 a lot or for a really long time, if they Assassinate too many innocent civilians, or generally try to abuse the structure of the RP. Besides that, if the number of innocent civilians really starts to drop to really low amounts (which probably won't be for a while considering there are a lot of them and more are on the way), then a few RPer characters might be killed off. And yes, I would have to kill off a few RPer characters before killing off the last innocent civilian because then it would be plainly obvious who the murderers are. XD

But trust me, unless they abuse the rules or do reckless things, everyone will be in the RP for quite some time and will have enough opportunity to figure things out.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:15 PM
destinymiew Offline

It looks interesting(and very well done!), but I just dunno if i can handle being in two rps at the same time. In this rp, ppl go from the bus go in their separate ways, yes?
Old 05-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Altrius Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinymiew View Post
It looks interesting(and very well done!), but I just dunno if i can handle being in two rps at the same time. In this rp, ppl go from the bus go in their separate ways, yes?
Honestly, these forums aren't astoundingly active. Yea, there's a fair few people around, but they're all friendly faces to be honest and posts aren't every second. You can easily participate in two RP's. I'm currently in 4, but that's just me :3
Old 05-31-2010, 05:46 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinymiew View Post
Right, but everyone is currently in Fallarbor Town. However, the option of working with other people in the RP itself is always open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrius View Post
Honestly, these forums aren't astoundingly active. Yea, there's a fair few people around, but they're all friendly faces to be honest and posts aren't every second. You can easily participate in two RP's. I'm currently in 4, but that's just me :3
Yeah, and for this RP, its okay if people only post like once every couple of days. You could even still do a lot just by posting in the discussion with regards to how you think the clues connect to each other.

That's all. As long as you don't go AWOL for over a week, it should be fine.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:21 PM
Tiana_M Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrius View Post
That's generally how things are around here, except during War or Team RP's though the latter have been moved to another forum it seems, so that'll probably be a little less activity here.

Thank you Neo!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:21 AM
mightydes Offline

Send a message via MSN to mightydes Send a message via Skype™ to mightydes

So, when is this RP going to start? We waiting for a few more sign ups? Or do we have enough people?

Old 06-01-2010, 03:50 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydes View Post
So, when is this RP going to start? We waiting for a few more sign ups? Or do we have enough people?
I think we have enough, so I'm making Thursday, June 3rd the start date. That should be enough time for people to finish.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:02 AM
destinymiew Offline

Oh, i see. Thanks! x:
Old 06-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Altrius Offline

*Rubs hands excitedly* Excellent ... The horror shall begin ... Ehuehehehe

Getting myself in the mood :3
Old 06-02-2010, 07:26 AM
Tiana_M Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

lol @ Altrius, you're funny. Though it is definitely exciting that we only have to wait one more day!!

You know, with all the characters that have made it on the bus so far, I am not sure I'd want to be on that bus irl... and that's without even looking at where it's crashed. Granted, most of our characters have inherently good natures.... but I don't think I'd be comfortable amid our group of misfits... lol

Thank you Neo!