Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:47 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: [WAR 9] Shizen no Senshi: Spirit Guardian Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika57 View Post
Is it a coincidence the first initials of those Pokemon spell out FUN?
They do. I didn't even notice that.

Theme for the Writing section is up btw.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:16 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
They do. I didn't even notice that.

Theme for the Writing section is up btw.
Looks like we're going to be having fun this week! I gotta go check the other themes next. ^^

Old 06-28-2010, 05:36 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconic_Espeon View Post
Looks like we're going to be having fun this week! I gotta go check the other themes next. ^^
I'm a total sucker for post-apocalyptic dystopia settings. I've played Fallout 1, 2, and 3 like crazy and movies like I Am Legend, The Book of Eli, and Children of Men are among my favorites. I like the idea that even after the world has been scorched and has given up, some people still refuse to give in.

So without a doubt, I'm looking forward to see what people cook up.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:46 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Shoulda known that with Neo taking on the writing category, he'd give us something that requires more braincells than normal. S'ok though, mine could use a workout. XD

Oh, and thanks again for the banner, Neo. ^^
Old 06-28-2010, 06:33 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

*jumps around in an exciting manner*

I'll defintely enter writing and drawing this week. If I can find something good to play, then I'll do music, too. :D

And I lol'ed at your prompt, Neo. I was so no surprised. xD

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 06-28-2010, 06:48 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Trust you to pull out a post apocalyptic theme, Neo. I hate those themes. xD

Still, I'll think of something. I'll just need to research a little. I'll also enter graphics and maaaybe sprite. I can't really sprite, but I can give it a shot. XD

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 06-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Hakken Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Hakken Send a message via MSN to Hakken Send a message via Yahoo to Hakken

I like that theme, Neo. I have an idea already so I'm definitely entering writing. :D Coincidentally, you also gave me something totally relevant to the roleplay I run, so my other peeps won't be feeling so neglected. Coolbeans. I'm also entering graphics and spriting, maybe URPG just because I can, and my character for the roleplay is pretty much done, I just need to flesh out his history a bit more and I got some questions to ask... Well, I can ask what you guys think too, since this happens to be all about samurai weapons. Haha.

Do you think a "speed draw" event attribute especially for katana and other Japanese swords would be good? It basically works like this in my mind: Speed Draw Lv.1: For katana. does 1.5x damage after drawing from sheath, like on first turn. Lv. 2: 2x damage. There's a whole martial art devoted to drawing the katana, so it definitely is important... It seems like you can design your own event like that, but I'm not completely sure.

AND ALSO. It seems fair that a standard katana and a matching wakizashi for indoor use would be one slot, especially if we're not using a spirit link, right? Traditionally they're carried together, so...

Last edited by Hakken; 06-28-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
Trust you to pull out a post apocalyptic theme, Neo. I hate those themes. xD

Still, I'll think of something. I'll just need to research a little. I'll also enter graphics and maaaybe sprite. I can't really sprite, but I can give it a shot. XD
Ah, sorry about that. Next week's theme will be less morbid, I promise. I just really love this theme.

I'll probably try to enter drawn art, graphic art, RP, and maybe humor if I can. Only problem is I have an exam tomorrow and then preparing for a massive 4th of July party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakken View Post
I like that theme, Neo. I have an idea already so I'm definitely entering writing. :D Coincidentally, you also gave me something totally relevant to the roleplay I run, so my other peeps won't be feeling so neglected. Coolbeans. I'm also entering graphics and spriting, maybe URPG just because I can, and my character for the roleplay is pretty much done, I just need to flesh out his history a bit more and I got some questions to ask... Well, I can ask what you guys think too, since this happens to be all about samurai weapons. Haha.

Do you think a "speed draw" event attribute especially for katana and other Japanese swords would be good? It basically works like this in my mind: Speed Draw Lv.1: For katana. does 1.5x damage after drawing from sheath, like on first turn. Lv. 2: 2x damage. There's a whole martial art devoted to drawing the katana, so it definitely is important... It seems like you can design your own event like that, but I'm not completely sure.

AND ALSO. It seems fair that a standard katana and a matching wakizashi for indoor use would be one slot, especially if we're not using a spirit link, right? Traditionally they're carried together, so...
Yeah, I haven't thought of too many event attributes for weapons in the RP, but that does sound pretty good. As for me, I'm going for a katana and some kind of bow or something like that.

As for the Pokemon companion, I'm going with Flygon. I think having a flying mount would be pretty helpful in this kind of scenario. Not to mention Flygon is a pretty decent Pokemon to begin with.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon

Ah, yeah. I'm definitely open to suggestions for new event slots, and a Speed Draw does sound cool, but I think 2x damage on a turn might be a bit too powerful. It could use some sort of balancing factor.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Hakken Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Hakken Send a message via MSN to Hakken Send a message via Yahoo to Hakken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon View Post
Ah, yeah. I'm definitely open to suggestions for new event slots, and a Speed Draw does sound cool, but I think 2x damage on a turn might be a bit too powerful. It could use some sort of balancing factor.
Well, the 2x would be an upgraded version, and it's really only going to be the very first turn of a battle, so I thought it was plausible. :'D If you wanted to use it again, you'd have to sheath and draw, which would pretty much sacrifice a turn preparing. Like, triple strike allows you to do 1.5x every turn, so... it's not really any better...

Last edited by Hakken; 06-28-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakken View Post
Well, the 2x would be an upgraded version, and it's really only going to be the very first turn of a battle, so I thought it was plausible. :'D
Ah, restricted to the first combat turn, then. That'd make sense, but... that's a bit too limiting, don't you think? Double and Triple Attacks can be used every round, but Speed Draw only once per battle?

Hmm.

How about, instead, it's made so that you can use it as many times as you want, but you have to sheath your sword and sacrifice a combat turn for concentration, first. And we'll also bump the initial damage up to 2x for the first Speed Draw and 2.5x for the upgraded version.

That sound fair?
Old 06-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Hakken Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon View Post

Ah, restricted to the first combat turn, then. That'd make sense, but... that's a bit too limiting, don't you think? Double and Triple Attacks can be used every round, but Speed Draw only once per battle?

Hmm.

How about, instead, it's made so that you can use it as many times as you want, but you have to sheath your sword and sacrifice a combat turn for concentration, first. And we'll also bump the initial damage up to 2x for the first Speed Draw and 2.5x for the upgraded version.

That sound fair?
Yeah! I was thinking the same thing but without the extra power. :'D Coolbeans.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

I really like the writing theme, Neo. It's definitely something I can get into. I'm leaving for a week on Wednesday, so I'll try to have my entry in before then.

BRYCExKAT
Old 06-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

I agree with the other observations that the writing theme is cool, Neo. ^^ I'm having fun with it so far. I have a good start, though I know I'm going to have to go back and edit stuff before I submit it.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Hakken Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

I'm pretty much... like... done... I'm having a good morning with writing. :'D But I'm not going to post it because I'll probably see everyone else's and they'll all be ten thousand times better and mine will be like "WHAT IS THIS CRAP". I'll work on it again?