Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Other Boards Ľ Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:36 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist
Default Re: [WAR 9] Shizen no Senshi: Spirit Guardian Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
To tell the truth, audio and music is definitely not my strongpoint. I love listening to music, but I can't make decent music for the life of me.

Still, I'll be happy to give it a listen and tell you what I think, but that's as much as I could do. Whatever you know about making music has got to be way more than what I know.
Alright, thanks dude. Should be about 3-4 hours until it's complete. I wanna go all out, try to make sure that we slaughter in the music category. If you want, I can pitch my writing idea to you. I thought it was pretty original for post-apocalyptic.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maple Syrup Baptist View Post
Alright, thanks dude. Should be about 3-4 hours until it's complete. I wanna go all out, try to make sure that we slaughter in the music category. If you want, I can pitch my writing idea to you. I thought it was pretty original for post-apocalyptic.
That's fine, I can check it out. I haven't read anyone's stuff yet, but I'd love to hear your idea.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Hit a bloody roadblock in the story.

In other news, if RP sign-ups continue how they are ... we're going to need to make some kind of civil war inside our RP team so we can get some battles going on. Or introduce some kind of NPC baddie.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 07-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post

In other news, if RP sign-ups continue how they are ... we're going to need to make some kind of civil war inside our RP team so we can get some battles going on. Or introduce some kind of NPC baddie.
Lol, civil war. Tatsuko'd roll with that.

"Hey! You! Let's fight! Right now!"

Still no time to work on my writing entry. x.o I plan to tonight though. I would like to get it done tonight, but I expect to get it done tomorrow.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:

Neither. I'm really not crazy about that civil war idea. And bashing NPCs over the head gets boring pretty quickly. I'd rather have an RP with no battles and just character background filler than to have battles over silly reasons amongst ourselves.

Honestly, I think we're going to be mostly on our own in this RP. If members of the other teams don't post or don't oppose us, just keep making background fluff so we can at least keep getting the points. This is the War RP we have, let's just work with it and make the best of it. I can tell you and Galleon aren't really too crazy about people injecting plot twists into the RP, which is understandable. I know you don't particularly like what Rust and I do in terms of RP plot twists, and I feel this is Galleon's RP, its really not my place to go horsing around and twisting up the RP however I feel like doing. I just don't think attacking ourselves is a better alternative.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

I'll be more than happy to oppose you... as long as we can be sportsmanlike and do it one at a time xD Though I'm more than happy to run with whatever plot twists you come up with.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-02-2010, 12:41 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Quote:
Neither. I'm really not crazy about that civil war idea. And bashing NPCs over the head gets boring pretty quickly. I'd rather have an RP with no battles and just character background filler than to have battles over silly reasons amongst ourselves.

Honestly, I think we're going to be mostly on our own in this RP. If members of the other teams don't post or don't oppose us, just keep making background fluff so we can at least keep getting the points. This is the War RP we have, let's just work with it and make the best of it. I can tell you and Galleon aren't really too crazy about people injecting plot twists into the RP, which is understandable. I know you don't particularly like what Rust and I do in terms of RP plot twists, and I feel this is Galleon's RP, its really not my place to go horsing around and twisting up the RP however I feel like doing. I just don't think attacking ourselves is a better alternative.
Pfft, you know I'll beat you all with my beginner's luck.

I'm close to completing this "battle" song, and I'm going to give this post-apocalyptic theme an honest attempt, but I'm not really too sure about the RP stuff. Seems like something that requires experience. Maybe I'm best to just stick to these two events for now.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:42 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Quote:

's just feeling like you're not really even trying to get into it, you've been surprisingly negative this whole process. Hell, you were less negative when Rust made a whole forum for an RP that was essentially a copy of every RP that's ever been done -- but without a plot. If you've already made up your mind whether you like something or not, you're always going to end up being disappointed.

And neither of us care if people put in plot twists as long as they ... well, make sense and aren't overdone to the point of exhaustion. Let's be honest, we've done so many RPs with legends that they are old hat. You think of us as very controlling, when in fact George has expressly said that it's fine to put in a twist.

I'd still rather actually try something as opposed to just making a lot of BS posts that really isn't anything. Besides, we're not going to get points just sitting around making posts with no substance.

Last edited by Dr Scott; 07-02-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:52 AM
Hakken Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Hakken Send a message via MSN to Hakken Send a message via Yahoo to Hakken

If I can say something... on this particular issue I have to admit I'm more with Scott... There has to be some kind of conflict. You can't just do nothing, otherwise people will get bored and nobody will post. I think it's too early to say we're going to have to do this, but I see no problem with splitting our team in half for the roleplay if that makes the halves the same size as the other teams; it seems fairer that way. Since that would essentially make four RP groups, think of it this way: we'd still have double the chance of winning points in comparison to the other teams.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
's just feeling like you're not really even trying to get into it, you've been surprisingly negative this whole process. Hell, you were less negative when Rust made a whole forum for an RP that was essentially a copy of every RP that's ever been done -- but without a plot. If you've already made up your mind whether you like something or not, you're always going to end up being disappointed.

And neither of us care if people put in plot twists as long as they ... well, make sense and aren't overdone to the point of exhaustion. Let's be honest, we've done so many RPs with legends that they are old hat. You think of us as very controlling, when in fact George has expressly said that it's fine to put in a twist.

I'd still rather actually try something as opposed to just making a lot of BS posts that really isn't anything. Besides, we're not going to get points just sitting around making posts with no substance.
As far as Rust's whole Team RP forum thing, yeah, I'll be honest that I had a little more hope for that solely because Rust and I don't really care how absolutely insane or absurd the storyline becomes. Even if the original idea was somewhat dry, Rust and I could easily kick it into gear and neither of us would care if insane powers or abilities were handed out. We love giving those kinds of RPs ridiculous plot twists, we did it back in Season 5 and we learned that experimentation, regardless of how nuts it gets, can be fun, innovative, and can get great ideas going once people stop trying to be politically correct about these RPs. Here, it just feels like I shouldn't be doing that. Here's the Tier system that Galleon set up, that's what we have to stick with. How fair would it be if Rust and I did our whole Qinglong VS Zhu-Quiao thing while the Tier system is in place? Well, that whole thing would become obsolete in a flash. To me, it just seems like the Tier system was put in place to dictate what kinds of things characters can do. I'll be honest, its too organized, and not enough storyline. Mikey was right about this, it doesn't feel as fun as some past RPs we've had here.

Regardless, I really dislike the idea of a civil war in the team. If it were to happen, I would consider dropping out, because that's ridiculous and I hate the idea of fighting people on my own team just because the RP isn't interesting enough otherwise.. If people are getting bored already, then there was something wrong from the start and bashing each other on the head isn't going to solve anything. I like RPing, but not like this.

Yes, I know you don't like the kinds of RPs Rust and I make and how you feel they're "old hat" as you describe. But can you really say this is so much better?

Old 07-02-2010, 01:32 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon

Okay, Neo. That'll be about enough of your negativity towards my RP. I really don't need you discouraging people from participating when activity on the whole forum is already such an issue. Someone as experienced as you should be well aware of how dangerous it is for an RP when people go around disparaging it.

It's fine if you don't like the way I've implemented things. It's fine if you don't want to participate. But do so in peace, please. I'm sure if it were your RP, you wouldn't want someone doing exactly what you are doing, right now, either.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Honestly? Yes. While an incredibly open RP can be fun once in a while, after a while there's just so much that you can do. It's proof enough that the last few Team RPs haven't worked, I don't see how making an RP that's exactly like all those RPs we've done lately that's failed is supposed to help things.

You're putting a LOT of focus on the equipment system, and I can't understand why. You keep coming back to that when, in truth, it's only meant to be more of a supplemental thing -- like TAGs. You can survive without dealing with it, it just means that you might have to be a bit more creative with what you do. Mikey has admitted to not liking TAGS, and he did fine in all the Team RPs. And like I've already said, the rest of the RP has an incredible amount of meat more than Rust's RP did. And, honestly, those RPs have just been fun for people like you and Rust -- you two go off on your little tangents, Mikey does the crazy stuff he does, and the rest of us are just left in the dust wondering what's happening and where we fit in. This is a much more new person friendly RP than the rest, which makes a whole lotta sense because there are some pretty damn good RPs that just haven't been in a Team RP because of how it is.

And yes, I do agree that you can't do the same kinds of all-the-wall things that you did in the War 5 RP (which I won't even go into, because I've made my point known that it was only so good because it was new, had a great cast of RPers in an active forum and an active War, etc.). Partly because of the technological constraints, partly because this is indeed more organized than the others. But that doesn't mean you can't do ANYTHING. Sure, you might actually have to put some thought into it instead of the things people throw out into the Team RPs without thought, but there is so much more you can do with the kind of blank slate we have now.

Honestly, the one that seems the most negative about it is you. You have not even given it a CHANCE, even though it's only been out for a matter of days, which is what surprises me so much. The forum is more inactive, people still need a chance to sign-up ... it's actually picking up instead of dying.

And how is splitting the team up NOT a valid RP twist? To me there is a lot you could do with this, a lot of character development and RP posting that would make for a great many points for the team. And, like Hakken noted, it would help to even the odds. How could you NOT see this happening when you took all the bloody RPers on your team XD.

Seriously, dude, when did you become so negative? :-/ I can understand disliking it, and I can understand trying to work around it, but to literally give up the first post ...

As per Galleon, feel free to PM me if you really want your responses heard. I just think you're being a little over-the-top against it, and I feel there's an outside reason.

Last edited by Dr Scott; 07-02-2010 at 01:43 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

I think we should give it a chance. I mean, it's too early in the game to just give up on it. We haven't even gotten onto the second page yet. This first week was mostly about the sign-ups anyway, and there is, after all, one more day. There could be people close to being done with their sign-ups that will be posting tomorrow. Do I know that for sure? No. But I still think we should just take it easy for a bit and give more people a chance to catch up.

I personally really like the RP idea. I know you loved the the crazy RPs you and Rust had in the past, Neo, but I know that I could never keep up with that kind of stuff. Whenever I went to join something like that, I always felt totally overwhelmed. I don't feel overwhelmed this year. And I know that some of the RPs in recent years haven't done so well, but I'd still like to give this one a chance before we completely condemn it.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:06 AM
pman Offline

Neo, with the current state of relations between our characters, i'm sure a battle can't be too hard to arrange.
Metagross @282
Mastered @447
Old 07-02-2010, 04:38 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Am I really being that negative? Sorry, guys, but when someone mentions civil war within a team is the only way to get things going, to me that seems a little grim. Yes, I tried to pick the best people I could for the team, naturally anyone would do so. I didnít do that only to find out I now have to allow the team to turn on itself. There has GOT to be another way and Iím all for exploring other options than that. But please, letís make team civil war the LAST thing we do. Thatís the major turnoff Iím facing, to make a great team made up of great RPers only to have to fight the very people I recruited. As a team leader who was celebrating after managing to assemble a great team together, that just SUCKS. HORRIBLY. Its not the RP that makes me want to drop it, its THAT above all else. I know Scott threw it out there as just a harmless suggestion, but when people started jumping on that idea, I really didnít like where that was going. We have never had to resort to that in a team-based RP and Iím not crazy about going all guinea pig here to find out what happens.

Galleon, you got me wrong, the RP isnít bad, but I kind of wish more people would sign up for it, even if they are a little doubtful of their RPing ability. And okay, maybe it could use a bit more to spruce it up storyline-wise, but thatís not hard to do. If the whole equipment thing is no big deal, then Iíll carry on with that in mind. Maybe I was wrong, it just seemed like considering the way the RP was presented, equipment, upgrading, and experience gains were a big highlight of this RP. If theyíre not and theyíre really just there as a fun extra, well okay then.

Iíll throw up a list of possible suggestions of just about anything that can come to mind that might give the RP a little kick. But I think the RP discussion thread is a better place for that. I think if I take a few minutes to come up with possible alternatives, regardless of how outlandish they might seem, we might come up with solutions that will set the RP in the right direction and later on, we might even wonder why this conversation happened in the first place. But please, letís try to avoid civil war. Iíd hate to see this team tear itself apart so early on.