Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon
Default Re: [WAR 9] Team Neo (Draft)

Just thinking about stuff while doing chores and the like.

To kind of go along with Neo's idea of a team that people think are evil but really isn't, and Scott's Legends idea (because I really like it, haha), what about Evil Legends? Like it's made up of folklore and legends, but evil ones, or ones that are often assumed to be evil but are not in actuality. For example, something like a vampire (yes, overused, but it's just an example), Grim Reaper, etc. Pretty much anything that is evil or considered to be evil.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:12 PM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

I kind of would like to play with the idea of folklore and junk like that. haha I don't know much about legends but I am sure that if I wanted to go the crazy route then I would have a character that would make up lies and such that get fame beyond the realms of the imagination to help blur the lines between lies and truth. haha

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkUmBrEoN View Post
Leverage has that theme... And Ocean's 11/12/13 kinda as well.

*pops out*
Yeah, the Ocean's movies, those were the ones I was thinking of!

12 was good, but 11 and 13 were the best. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconic_Espeon View Post
Just thinking about stuff while doing chores and the like.

To kind of go along with Neo's idea of a team that people think are evil but really isn't, and Scott's Legends idea (because I really like it, haha), what about Evil Legends? Like it's made up of folklore and legends, but evil ones, or ones that are often assumed to be evil but are not in actuality. For example, something like a vampire (yes, overused, but it's just an example), Grim Reaper, etc. Pretty much anything that is evil or considered to be evil.
Yeah, my only thing is folklore and legends is still really broad. I think if we narrow it down a bit more, we could probably find something specific to use.

From what I can tell from the other teams, George is going for robots while Rob is going for a more oceanic theme. I still think the nightfall and the phoenix themes are pretty cool, but we can keep working on it.

Also, thinking about what kind of goals we could be out to accomplish might be a good idea as well.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Is it me or are there a buttload of good writers on this team? xD

With the folklore idea, maybe we could pick a region and use the folklore that culture has? Japanese folklore, South American folklore, Mexican folklore (dibs on La Llorona), etc.

I also like Scott's Possesed idea. That would totally take people by surprise! xD

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 06-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

I did like Scott's Possessed idea as well. Maybe we could incorporate that somehow? I dunno. xD

But yeah, picking a certain area, or maybe picking certain types of myths and legends (for example, Nightfall could involve only legends having to do with night or death, since night is often used as a metaphor for death, while for the phoenix theme, all the legends are fire or sun/sunset based).

For a goal, well, it kind of depends on which idea we go for. For Nightfall, maybe trying to show the general populous that the unknown and the different doesn't need to be feared, but embraced? For the phoenix idea, something like spreading the idea of rebirth and eliminating fear of death. That's another thing that could potentially make our War team scary, at least RP-wise: soldiers that aren't afraid to die also aren't afraid to do whatever it takes to win. That could kind of go along with our chaotic good alignment.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkUmBrEoN View Post
Leverage has that theme... And Ocean's 11/12/13 kinda as well.

*pops out*
Was more thinking Mass Effect 2, but I'm sure there are a great number of other media sharing the idea.

And - PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY ARE POSSESSED BY THE SPIRITS OF FOLKLORE AND LEGENDS. Bahahaha, that's kinda weird.

I just thought it'd be cool to have, like, 'the real Billy the Kid' or something weird XD.

And I think we should see what everyone's alignment is before going headfirst into one, to see if we can incorporate one of George's two alignment ideas (though it's not a biggy if we can't). Every time I think of chaotic good I think of bloody FOES and their 500 iterations XD. 's way more fun to throw people out of their comfort zones ... minus the fact that everyone here has tried everything.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."

Last edited by Dr Scott; 06-23-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:38 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post
And - PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY ARE POSSESSED BY THE SPIRITS OF FOLKLORE AND LEGENDS. Bahahaha, that's kinda weird.
To be honest, I thought of that after I posted, but then decided to wait and see what ideas everyone else has. xD

Old 06-24-2010, 12:13 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Was more thinking Mass Effect 2, but I'm sure there are a great number of other media sharing the idea.

I just thought it'd be cool to have, like, 'the real Billy the Kid' or something weird XD.
OMG, I think I’m possessed by a leprechaun!

Meanwhile, to actually be possessed by a legend/spirit rather than just think it isn’t that much better. If you just think it, then the whole team has schizophrenia/dementia. On the other hand, we’re slaves of something else. The issue here is that if they are possessed by some mythological being or creature, they should have something to reflect that. Thing is, how do you go about doing that without giving yourself an unwarranted benefit or power, or impose an RPing impairment on your character as soon as the RP begins?

You’re right though, it really is kinda… weird. Using legends and folklore is good for an idea, but I just don’t see how to implement them into the team’s motives. What exactly would we be trying to do if we’re possessed? What good would it do?

Quote:
And I think we should see what everyone's alignment is before going headfirst into one, to see if we can incorporate one of George's two alignment ideas (though it's not a biggy if we can't). Every time I think of chaotic good I think of bloody FOES and their 500 iterations XD. 's way more fun to throw people out of their comfort zones ... minus the fact that everyone here has tried everything.
George’s team is pretty much chaotic neutral (ie doing good or evil on the basis of whim rather than to be justified by a motive). As for going against chaotic good, I gotcha, but I think the trick we need to employ here is to create a team that other teams will easily come up with reasons to dislike us, even though we have good intentions.

For example, like Draconic_Espeon suggested, we could have the phoenix/resurrection idea, trying to promote life and completely eliminate/cheat death. The other teams may see death as a necessity of life, and that we’re going against nature. Sure, the “good” side is the fact we’re trying to keep people alive, healthy, and free, but the problem is we’re killing the laws of nature and balance. We’re not considering the effect of what might happen in the world suddenly became immortal and suddenly every last natural resource was completely wiped out.

With the “Nightfall” idea, you could go more into a kind of possession. For example, everyone in our team could be cursed by darkness, such as the proverbial honorable black dragon, always seen as wicked, evil, and cruel, but is actually good in heart, just born into the wrong situation. However, everyone else is so blinded by prejudice and assumptions of association that we’re forced to fight even those that are good just to survive and defend ourselves. Meanwhile, we could be using our ability of darkness and the night to do good, hoping to cleanse the curse and the taint one day. However, until that happens, the rest of the world looks down upon us as dark and evil outcasts. Other people from the outside are all too happy to attempt to slay us proverbial black dragons, never even bothering to understand where we’re coming from or what our personalities are like. In essence, we’re black on the outside, but white on the inside.

Personally, I kind of like the “Nightfall” idea in relation to this a bit more.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Nightfall...

This sounds so much like my fic it's not funny. XD

I like chaotic good. Gives me a chance to bring out my bad side, haha.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 06-24-2010, 12:25 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

I'm just holding onto the hope that Rust has to play a good character in the RP, bahaha.

As far as possession, it's probably a good idea to think of that more like Dr. Jekyl and Mister Hyde. The whole two personalities clashing, one doing things that the other wouldn't, etc. Hell, it could be a whole Yin-Yang team of opposites.

I like the 'cursed' idea, though. You'd need more of a theme then 'I'm a good guy who people think is a bad guy' though, because that's more of a personal character choice (I'd say) than a team theme. That might just be how I look at War teams, though, when I think of them I usually think of them as pretty gimmicky.

Wouldn't hurt to pick a theme that would challenge the huge amount of writers in the RP :o.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
I'm just holding onto the hope that Rust has to play a good character in the RP, bahaha.

As far as possession, it's probably a good idea to think of that more like Dr. Jekyl and Mister Hyde. The whole two personalities clashing, one doing things that the other wouldn't, etc. Hell, it could be a whole Yin-Yang team of opposites.

I like the 'cursed' idea, though. You'd need more of a theme then 'I'm a good guy who people think is a bad guy' though, because that's more of a personal character choice (I'd say) than a team theme. That might just be how I look at War teams, though, when I think of them I usually think of them as pretty gimmicky.

Wouldn't hurt to pick a theme that would challenge the huge amount of writers in the RP :o.
I'm just not good with multiple personality characters, though I know you love them. The way you describe it, it sounds a lot more chaotic neutral too where we don't even have any real control (or aren't supposed to have control) over our character's personalities. I just don't want to see an RP situation where the other teams are stomping all over us while we're struggling with inner demons that we cursed ourselves with. Its like breaking your leg on purpose before a track meet.

Sorry, dude, I'm just not particularly crazy about it. I'm fine with challenging characters with some kind of physical trait that really defines them and sets them apart from everyone else, but when you start making it to the point where character personalities and mentalities become all psychotic and out of whack, I'm not really jumping on the occasion here...

Old 06-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

I really like the Nightfall idea. =D

Though are we actually cursed, or figuratively? Either way could work, but whatever is most broad might be best. We don't want to be too limiting. ^^;

Old 06-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconic_Espeon View Post
I really like the Nightfall idea. =D

Though are we actually cursed, or figuratively? Either way could work, but whatever is most broad might be best. We don't want to be too limiting. ^^;
That's a good question. :P

To be honest, I'm not even sure if this was a good idea after all. Being stuck with jinxed, blighted, and haunted characters really seems degrading. Who would want to be on our team only to get stuck with that?

Old 06-24-2010, 12:54 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

I say we kidnap Harry and abuse him until he spouts an idea we like.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:16 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
I say we kidnap Harry and abuse him until he spouts an idea we like.
No kidding. He's pumping out ideas like there's no tomorrow and I'm just drawing blanks here. Meh, feels like George and Rob are way ahead of us when it comes to this, but I think we can catch up. I'd rather have a good idea late than to pump out something quick but really awkward.

The main problem with the whole Nightfall idea is the fact there's no real way to make the "curse" anything besides some mental or physical disability/handicap. It may sound original and challenging at first, but it seems like the kind of thing that may be fun to try in the beginning, but will get really frustrating and annoying later on. Besides that, there's no real way to make us seem "dark" or "cursed" in a way that will get others to assume the wrong things about us. Sure, the "good black dragon" is a nice example, but that will only work if... we're RPing black dragons, which I'm very sure we're not. :P

So... hate to say it, but I think we need to scrap that idea entirely.